The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is a member/regularly attends their local County games?

+5
Aidan11
GG
Mad for Chelsea
guildfordbat
Fists of Fury
9 posters

Go down

Who is a member/regularly attends their local County games? Empty Who is a member/regularly attends their local County games?

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 13 Dec 2011, 3:16 pm

If you'd just let me know in here please, guys, stating which County it is that you follow.

I only ask because toward the beginning of next season I will be looking to get in contact with a few Counties with regard to the possibility of some of our members getting press passes/access to the players. Things like match reports and short interviews with players/staff could be arranged off the back of this, and provide another angle of discussion for us throughout the domestic season.

I'm a Warks man myself. Don't get down there too often, but go along with my Grandad now and again.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Who is a member/regularly attends their local County games? Empty Re: Who is a member/regularly attends their local County games?

Post by Guest Tue 13 Dec 2011, 3:18 pm

im a member down at fortress chelmsford.

Back to top Go down

Who is a member/regularly attends their local County games? Empty Re: Who is a member/regularly attends their local County games?

Post by guildfordbat Tue 13 Dec 2011, 5:51 pm

Yep, Surrey member.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Tue 13 Dec 2011, 11:04 pm

I've been to a few Middlesex matches over the years, but not so much in recent times as I tend not to b in London much over the summer anymore (the last summer I was in London for was 09, and I actually went to day 2 of the Ashes Lords test that summer).

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Dec 2011, 1:46 pm

i wish there were more essex fans on here!

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 16 Dec 2011, 2:30 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:i wish there were more essex fans on here!

To re-use an old joke, CricketFan90 phones up the Chelmsford ground and asks, ''What time does the first match of the new season start?''. The guy on the switchboard replies, ''What time can you make it?''.

Laugh

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 16 Dec 2011, 2:38 pm

laughing

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jan 2012, 6:25 pm

anyone else really looking forward to the new domestic season?

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 08 Jan 2012, 7:46 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:anyone else really looking forward to the new domestic season?

oh, yes! thumbsup

As the Corporal mentioned yesterday, a spin off for us should be the return of some other fine posters who normally confine themselves to Surrey in the summer months.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Sun 08 Jan 2012, 7:48 pm

Too busy doing their hair, putting fake tan on etc...

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jan 2012, 7:58 pm

GG wrote:

Too busy doing their hair, putting fake tan on etc...

Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jan 2012, 7:59 pm

guildfordbat wrote:
cricketfan90 wrote:anyone else really looking forward to the new domestic season?

oh, yes! thumbsup

As the Corporal mentioned yesterday, a spin off for us should be the return of some other fine posters who normally confine themselves to Surrey in the summer months.

should be great to get all the county posters back thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by Aidan11 Sun 15 Jan 2012, 5:44 pm

I was a member but didn't renew this season.

I will still be going to the games though.

Aidan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sun 15 Jan 2012, 11:04 pm

Hi Aidan - which team is that?

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sun 15 Jan 2012, 11:07 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:I'm a Warks man myself. Don't get down there too often, but go along with my Grandad now and again.
How about a Q&A with the legendary Grandad Fists....? I am sure there would be no shortage of questions....!

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 15 Jan 2012, 11:13 pm

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:
Fists of Fury wrote:I'm a Warks man myself. Don't get down there too often, but go along with my Grandad now and again.
How about a Q&A with the legendary Grandad Fists....? I am sure there would be no shortage of questions....!

Could be a real moneyspinner for 606 v2. Charge a couple of quid per question (bargain! Very Happy ) and count the dosh rolling in ....

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 16 Jan 2012, 8:27 am

Very Happy

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Jan 2012, 9:24 am

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:Hi Aidan - which team is that?

he's a durham fan OK

Back to top Go down

Post by LOVERBOY Sat 21 Jan 2012, 3:23 pm

This thread seems to demonstrate that although many follow the county game,few have the time and motivation to attend regularly.
A few hundred is the usual turn out for a day's county cricket once famously described by Alistair Brown as'' A mixture of the unemployed,the unemployable and a few old coffin dodgers''
I'd probably qualify under all three but did at least attend each day of Middlesex's county matches last season both home and away ,even though I live 200 miles from Lord's,plus about another 10 days of county cricket,and hope to attend as many this year.I have been a member of the club for almost 40 years and a life member for 25.
Press passe are for The Press and The ECB do not hand them out to any but acredited journalists.

Last edited by LOVERBOY on Sat 21 Jan 2012, 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Punctuation)

LOVERBOY

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 21 Jan 2012, 3:35 pm

I try to go to as many games at Lancs that I can, work and the kids tend to stop me getting there as much as I'd like though.

Am I the only Lancs fan around here?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Jan 2012, 4:18 pm

LOVERBOY wrote:This thread seems to demonstrate that although many follow the county game,few have the time and motivation to attend regularly.
A few hundred is the usual turn out for a day's county cricket once famously described by Alistair Brown as'' A mixture of the unemployed,the unemployable and a few old coffin dodgers''
I'd probably qualify under all three but did at least attend each day of Middlesex's county matches last season both home and away ,even though I live 200 miles from Lord's,plus about another 10 days of county cricket,and hope to attend as many this year.I have been a member of the club for almost 40 years and a life member for 25.
Press passe are for The Press and The ECB do not hand them out to any but acredited journalists.

im a member down at fortress chelmsford, and go whenever i have the opportunity....

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sat 21 Jan 2012, 7:34 pm

In recent years to be honest I've been a bit spasmodic in my actually attendance at Surrey county championship matches, what with family commitments and the like. But full of good intentions to up the record - at least by a day or two - in the coming season. Tho' the scheduling of matches does not exactly make it easy.

But good to see Loverboy active on the cricket boards. Hope to see you on the Hall of Fame threads. thumbsup

Last edited by Corporalhumblebucket on Sat 21 Jan 2012, 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Sat 21 Jan 2012, 8:39 pm

used to be a member at taunton, but go when i can now

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Jan 2012, 10:39 am

hodge im a member at chelmsford, but its finding the time to go isnt it.....

its difficult, with work commitments etc....

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Sun 22 Jan 2012, 2:05 pm

I was a member when I couldn't drive, so went with my dad, but had exams etc usually then would want to play cricket myself on a weekend. Now I can drive I probably could go more if i wanted when im back from Uni.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Mar 2012, 12:07 pm

COUNTY SEASON STARTS THIS MONTH

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down