The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Djokovic, SCIO, Igor Cetojevic and William Nelson

+2
Tenez
Henman Bill
6 posters

Go down

Djokovic, SCIO, Igor Cetojevic and William Nelson Empty Djokovic, SCIO, Igor Cetojevic and William Nelson

Post by Henman Bill Wed 14 Dec 2011, 11:45 pm

This year you may have heard that Djokovic changed to a reduced gluten diet, which has been cited as key in improving his physical fitness and strength on court, and therefore results. The recommendation to cut out gluten came as a result of a SCIO diagnosis by Dr Igor Cetojevic, who also attends Djokovic’s matches.

A youtube video, likely made by someone promoting SCIO, claims a lot of credit for Djokovic’s success, probably too much. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVo2wjbs0y4&feature=youtu.be&noredirect=1 It is an odd, unprofessional video in my opinion, making odd claims of a “5% strength increase”. It has odd things like showing Nadal winning the hotdog lob point against Djokovic just precisely as it states that Djokovic “starts to win big”. There are also clear mistakes in this video, such as stating that Djokovic “wins at Miami, defeating Federer and Nadal” – incorrect – he did not defeat Federer in Miami. It states that Djokovic wins in Madrid while showing a photo of him winning somewhere else. It claims wrongly that he beat Nadal on clay court 5 times. The SCIO video shows him stretching his arms in a certain way which they say they taught him, and then say he “uses this to beat Federer”! The video gives far too much info about Djokovic’s tennis results and gives very little actual info about SCIO in my opinion, although it does say that it makes a “harmonious auto focused pulse” and that “all things depend on osmosis, when osmosis is increased all things better”. If such transparently obvious and unintelligent nonsense doesn’t set alarm bells ringing for you about the credibility of this technology, then perhaps the fact that SCIO stands for Quantum Xxroid Consciousness Interface will?

I said above that the video doesn’t give information about SCIO; there is some info on Cetojevic’s website http://docigor.org/x_inro.html however.
“Professor William Nelson assembled the tri-vector analysis on 1000's of homeopathic substances. He developed the Fourier analysis algorithms for reactivity and began to put together the puzzle of the tri-vector cybernetic link. In 1995 Professor Nelson developed the SCIO (Quantum Xxroid Consciousness Interface) to measure and balance subtle electrical factors of the body.” The words are reminiscent of scenes in Star Trek where they say analyse how to blow up an enemy ship during battle, but actually spout nonsense. Note also the reference to homeopathy, a nonsensical pseudo-science which has been widely and totally discredited and is conclusively no more than a placebo. SCIO, which incidentally is totally distinct from homeopathy, is basic on electric medicine where current is passed through the body and the resulting measurements coming out give information and diagnosis. There is little or no real evidence that this method is actually beneficial or real science, and studies have largely discredited it, and many devices were banned for sale in the US after people were ripped off by them.

Here is some more info from the above website: “The SCIO device measures over forty virtual dimensions. The variations of amperage and voltage flow provide the means to measure capacitance and inductance. These are the reflections of static and magnetic effects of bio-electricity. Variations in amperage and voltage allow the measurement of frequency. Due to such detailed pinpointing of the various frequencies in the human body, the SCIO provides very accurate evaluation of the patient’s condition and can identify problems before they manifest in the physical body.”

Note the reference to Nelson previoously. Here is some more info from the same website: “While on a lecture tour in South Africa in 2001, Dr. Igor was introduced to the QXCI biofeedback system. Sensing that this was a revolutionary tool he traveled to Budapest to meet its inventor, Prof. William Nelson. Applying his vast medical knowledge in conjunction with the QXCI and now the more advanced SCIO, has produced remarkable results for his patients.”

So Cetojevic got and developed his technology from Nelson. Interesting because, according to an article in the Seattle times, Nelson has been widely credited as a fraud. http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2004020583_miracle18m2.html
“In the late 1980s, an out-of-work math instructor in Colorado built an electronic device he claimed could diagnose and destroy disease — everything from allergies to cancer — by firing radio frequencies into the body. But the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, which regulates medical devices, ordered William Nelson to quit selling his machine and making false claims. Nelson refused, and he was indicted on felony fraud charges. He fled the country, never to return.”

According to the article, Nelson, who has got rich off this technology, recently spoke at a conference and made ridiculous comments like he had cured AIDS and cancer and saved Apollo 13. Rather than published his scientific claims in recognised peer reviewed journals such as Nature for instance, he instead chooses to tell his story in a video in which he sings out his story to the theme of Lord of the Dance (or a similar ditty), spouting pseudo-science while strippers dance and champagne is poured in the background. Here it is http://www.badscience.net/2008/08/bill-nelson-wins-the-internet/ but it’s so laughable it’s hard to believe it’s even genuine, but I think it is.

They are also stories of very ill people who paid a lot of money to use this type of technology, and then died. These are not hard to find either if you want to google it. That is probably why this silly technology was banned in the US.

Also, it is worth noting that medicine or treatments that actually have no scientific, medical or health benefit can cause a positive effect psychologically. People think more positively after taking a medicine, so they get better. This is well documented and scientifically proven and most of you will know about this Placebo Effect, but I thought it worthy of a short mention. For example, if you really believe a gluten free diet will make you a better player, then maybe it will.

In summary:
--- Igor Cetojevic used a SCIO machine to diagnose gluten reduction for Djokovic. After this, his results improved, possibly partly as a result of that, or possibly not.
--- Cetojevic developed his SCIO machine from William Nelson, who was discredited by the US authorities who asked him to stop selling his fraudulent machine causing him to leave the US.
---Cetojevic and Nelson are a couple of odd and not particularly intelligent characters at best; outright fraudsters at worst.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Djokovic, SCIO, Igor Cetojevic and William Nelson Empty Re: Djokovic, SCIO, Igor Cetojevic and William Nelson

Post by Tenez Thu 15 Dec 2011, 12:03 am

Yes I had read all that a few months ago. I personally never believed this gluten free diet. Or rather never believed that Djoko was allergic to it as his parents held a pizza restaurant of some sorts and he would have found out about it years ago.

It's clear that further investigation on Cetojevic and Nelson forced Djoko's team to break up from them. Their new weapon is the egg chamber.

The ATP is the real culprit in those stories. They have done nothing to control what's going at the top, even protecting top players while using less charismatic ones as scapegoats. Top players have no choice but use all possible tricks to keep up with the more physical players.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Djokovic, SCIO, Igor Cetojevic and William Nelson Empty Re: Djokovic, SCIO, Igor Cetojevic and William Nelson

Post by Henman Bill Thu 15 Dec 2011, 4:04 pm

Surprised there is no interest in this article - at least judging by the lack of comments. Was pretty amazed to find out about it all myself, seems amazing that team Djoko didn't do 5 minutes basic google research and realise they were getting medical advice from dubious people.

Hm it is old news though, maybe some of you knew about it from before. Or maybe the article's a bit too heavy?

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu 15 Dec 2011, 4:12 pm

A winner is alwys right. When they start to lose or retire, the investigations get more serious.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Thu 15 Dec 2011, 4:18 pm

Tenez wrote:A winner is alw[a]ys right. When they start to lose or retire, the investigations get more serious.

I am sure you have read this one from 2006. -

"I’ll never forget Boris Becker, a close friend, telling me about the transfusions of calf blood he took as part of his drive to remain “fresh” for the game (it was not illegal) when he was making a big push for the No. 1 ranking. Boris was very matter-of-fact and blasé about it; he had to do what he had to do. But it struck me as pure science fiction."

http://blogs.tennis.com/tennisworld/2006/01/scoping_doping.html

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Manojchandra Thu 15 Dec 2011, 4:30 pm

As any decent experienced healthcare worker could tell you stories they have heard about diabetes disappearing or cancers regressing after some 'interventions' by say some holy waters or visits by some spiritual personalities,...even in their dreams. Beyond solid physical fitness that he achieved, all that remained was a 'push' for the mind. If one got that, whether by gluten free diet or some man made machine, I have no issues with that, as long as it was a legal NON PED.

Manojchandra

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu 15 Dec 2011, 4:43 pm

Manojchandra wrote:If one got that, whether by gluten free diet or some man made machine, I have no issues with that, as long as it was a legal NON PED.

But what is legal is illegal is defined by Law helped by some scientists of differing views sorting it out through a vote. ie, PRP is illegal one year, legal the next one.

What is sure though is that if those athletes were fed like you and me with rice, chicken and oranges, or even gluten free pasta, they woudl not run as fast and last as long as they do, especially those who rely so heavily on their physique. The fact is many use a form of "legal PED".

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu 15 Dec 2011, 4:47 pm

HB,

you are obviously having a go at Djokovic, I just don't get your point. What exactly are you aiming at?
What did Cetojevic do to Novak that you are not happy about?
Do you really think Novak would have the guy in his team and box all this time and be doing something dodgy in the background?
Come on, get the blinkers off ant take your hat off to the prodigous talent called Novak Djokovic.
Start looking into it more when he reaches 30 and still competes at the top without having any injuries in his career, now that's dodgy, but you can't see it....

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Thu 15 Dec 2011, 5:37 pm

What I am aiming at is presenting a load of facts for discussion. It seems to me that Djokovic has been pretty dumb to be fair in associating with Cetojecvic et al. I doubt that any of this has had much impact on his performance or success one way or the other, it's more of a interesting story. There's no question at all of wrongdoing by Djokovic. What Cetojevic has done that I am not happy about it is essentially frauded people with pseudo science that probably doesn't really do anything other than being an expensive placebo. (Whether Cetojevic himself actually believes in this nonsense or not, I cannot say.)

Does anyone know if his association with Cetojevic has ended as implied by Tenez in the first comment (links?).

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Thu 15 Dec 2011, 5:38 pm

"Start looking into it more when he reaches 30 and still competes at the top without having any injuries in his career, now that's dodgy, but you can't see it...."

Happy to respond to this point, but can you clarify first if this is a specific dig as Federer or more of a general point about any player who achieves longevity, as that will affect my response.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Manojchandra Thu 15 Dec 2011, 5:44 pm

I second the above post by HB.

Manojchandra

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu 15 Dec 2011, 5:49 pm

Henman Bill wrote:

Does anyone know if his association with Cetojevic has ended as implied by Tenez in the first comment (links?).

Yes their association officially ended a few months ago. Just before or after the USO. Should be easy to google.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu 15 Dec 2011, 5:54 pm

Henman Bill wrote:"Start looking into it more when he reaches 30 and still competes at the top without having any injuries in his career, now that's dodgy, but you can't see it...."

Happy to respond to this point, but can you clarify first if this is a specific dig as Federer or more of a general point about any player who achieves longevity, as that will affect my response.

It is not a specific dig, just an angle that doesn't seem to have crossed your mind.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Thu 15 Dec 2011, 6:30 pm

"Start looking into it more when he reaches 30 and still competes at the top without having any injuries in his career, now that's dodgy, but you can't see it...."
Well Federer has just reached 30, is the only player of that age at the top (depending on how far down the rankings "top" goes), is a player who has few injuries. Also I am a Federer fan and you aimed your comment at me. So definately looks like a comment about Federer at first glance.

But you say it is not a specific dig, so does that mean it's not about Federer, or that it is about Federer but you think "angle" is more appropriate than "dig"? Hard to say at the moment! I think your last comment leaves me more confused to be honest.

Let's keep it simple:

Was that comment

A) about Federer (or at least he was on your mind when you made it)

or

B) about players of a certain age in general.

To keep it simple, please include "A)" or "B)" at the start of your response (or make it the entirety of your response) so poor dim old me doesn't get confused again. Sorry.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Thu 15 Dec 2011, 6:37 pm

Tenez, OK I see it now.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu 15 Dec 2011, 6:55 pm

Henman Bill wrote:"Start looking into it more when he reaches 30 and still competes at the top without having any injuries in his career, now that's dodgy, but you can't see it...."
Well Federer has just reached 30, is the only player of that age at the top (depending on how far down the rankings "top" goes), is a player who has few injuries. Also I am a Federer fan and you aimed your comment at me. So definately looks like a comment about Federer at first glance.

But you say it is not a specific dig, so does that mean it's not about Federer, or that it is about Federer but you think "angle" is more appropriate than "dig"? Hard to say at the moment! I think your last comment leaves me more confused to be honest.

Let's keep it simple:

Was that comment

A) about Federer (or at least he was on your mind when you made it)

or

B) about players of a certain age in general.

To keep it simple, please include "A)" or "B)" at the start of your response (or make it the entirety of your response) so poor dim old me doesn't get confused again. Sorry.

HBm

stop trying to avoid the main point of YOUR article. You know very well what I mean and what I meant with my 30 year old player comment. But knowing your style, you'll pretend you don't so I'll spell it out: dyou seem to be all "worried" about a 25 year old reachin ghis peak and outshining everyone in 2011, you chose to have an "innocent" dig at him through this Cetojevic. Federer being 30 goes toe to toe with a 25 year old and you don't find THAT strange. Guess what, neither do I. But I could if I was blinkered and biased and desperate.
Now, how about you address your own "doubts" .
Again, what IS the point of your article? Are you insinuating Djokovic used any illegal ways to achieve his results in 2011?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Thu 15 Dec 2011, 7:14 pm

I have written about this SCIO, Cetojevic and Djoko in a comment when Djoko was playing in London this year, but I can not find it in search.

The relation with this silly Cetojevic has ended as said by Tenez, and Serbian fans in their forums have been blaming Djoko for his poor after USO performance due to the fact that he stopped his relation with Cetojevic.

Now this relation might of been purely on the superstitious ground and personally do not think this device will do anything apart from placebo effect.

Also therapy if I might call it that way, with this device is available in many Balkan clinics, due to generally people from this region believing in silly superstitious things and lacking proper medical care. The device costs in region of around 20K euro.

Now Djoko being related to this magical doctor and having been hooked up to this machine, I call all this relation a stupid mistake by Djoko and totally unnecessary add-on to his body.

If anything based since USO, this machine seems to have destroyed Djoko badly, let's just hope it's not permanent, and he must of sensed something since he cut his relation with the Doctor Feelgood at his peak.
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Thu 15 Dec 2011, 9:58 pm

Electromagnetic therapies are a valid approach in current medicine. MRI, FMRI, NMRI are all used as diagnostic tools.

Anyone know of Roentgen and XRays (same as 'Radio Frequency' in a specific frequency range) in medicine? Erm

Poor James Clark Maxwell with his Unified Electro-Magnetic model approach must be turning in his grave Wink.

Neurological studies extensively use RF receptors for looking at electrical activities in the body.

The entire nervous system in a body is made of electrical components.

Laser Radio Keratotomy (LASIK) is extensively used to correct vision issues.

Western medicine (Allopathy) used to laugh at Acupuncture, but it no longer does.

Regarding Djokovic, hope he is healthy and ready to go for 2012, despite his association with Cetojevic.

Incidentally, Doc Igor is based in Cyprus. I wonder why?

http://docigor.org/x_contact.html

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu 15 Dec 2011, 11:34 pm

I don't think Djoko ever believed in Dr Ceto's healing powers. Those charlatans are used to cover up. Djoko's team mistake was to use this guy who certainly looks and sound like a charlatan. That's why he switched to the egg chamber story.

But we have to see the bigger picture. It's Nadal's doddgy PRP story versus Djoko's Dr Ceto or egg chamber.

Those stories are there to appease the mind of their fans.

Thanks to Dr Ceto we had a proper rivalry in 2011, and I thank him for that. At the end of the day, had the ATP applied stricter rules and not covered up stories like Agassi's while giving to the vulture guys like Korda or Davydenko, they would have credibility. I don;t care what Djoko's diet is as long as he has now become a "freak of nature" being able to compete with another "freak of of nature".

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu 15 Dec 2011, 11:58 pm

Tenez wrote:I don't think Djoko ever believed in Dr Ceto's healing powers. Those charlatans are used to cover up. Djoko's team mistake was to use this guy who certainly looks and sound like a charlatan. That's why he switched to the egg chamber story.

But we have to see the bigger picture. It's Nadal's doddgy PRP story versus Djoko's Dr Ceto or egg chamber.

Those stories are there to appease the mind of their fans.

Thanks to Dr Ceto we had a proper rivalry in 2011, and I thank him for that. At the end of the day, had the ATP applied stricter rules and not covered up stories like Agassi's while giving to the vulture guys like Korda or Davydenko, they would have credibility. I don;t care what Djoko's diet is as long as he has now become another "freak of nature" being able to compete with another "freak of of nature".
Oh Teneez!!!! laughing

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri 16 Dec 2011, 12:01 am

How else do you want to explain it NITB?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri 16 Dec 2011, 12:15 am

explain what, the freak of nature?

From my point of view Federer is right up there with the other two. I'm just not sure if he's the biggest one.
Now that there hasn't been any tennis and I have these flashbacks of thoughts coming together, I really marvel at that trio.
What they individually and collectively bring to the table is quite something.
I am not just talking tennis styles, but their entire philosophies of the game, Novak being the linchpin.
It will be very interesting to look at them from a historical perspective one day.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri 16 Dec 2011, 12:20 am

The best bit is that Novak's 2011 has kind of brought Federer and Nadal down to earthly levels a bit, kind of stripped them of that crass Fedal aura.

Federer has responded beautifully, rising to the challenge. Nadal is just moaning.

Both raring for some revenge I suspect.

Nole?

He'll keep going until he unreels all the coils of suffering he's had to endure on the way to fulfilling his dream.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri 16 Dec 2011, 12:28 am

.explain what, the freak of nature?
No. Explain the Dr Ceto's story. That is quite a funny one don't you think? Whether Federer is "a physical freak of nature" or not he doesn't have a funny story to tell besides his Lindt Rocher's intravenous,

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri 16 Dec 2011, 12:34 am

As I said in Dec 10 or was it Jan 11 Nole had a very interesting interview where he talks about ethics in his quest to reaching the top but I am surprised no-one paid attention to it. It's a bit like when he said congrats to Nadal and his team after his 2010 USO final. I simply know it's a calculated move.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri 16 Dec 2011, 12:37 am

Tenez wrote:

.explain what, the freak of nature?
No. Explain the Dr Ceto's story. That is quite a funny one don't you think? Whether Federer is "a physical freak of nature" or not he doesn't have a funny story to tell besides his Lindt Rocher's intravenous,

Personally, I don't like "stories".
Dr Ceto? It's just not even funny...but I suppose as a fan you try to find any kind of excuse when your favourite (generic "you/your" here Wink ) player is losing.
From what I gathered, just observing casually, Ceto is an old rock hippy at heart, self-made man who helped Nole eliminate gluten intolerance and probably brought a bit of that happy-go-lucky-give-peace-a-chance vibe in his team.

As for Federer...I reckon his story is that tennis is his escapism, which is why he'll try and last as long as possible. He'll find it tremendously hard to retire.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri 16 Dec 2011, 7:38 am

fair enough.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Fri 16 Dec 2011, 2:11 pm

Nole Is the Best,
"knowing your style, you'll pretend you don't" is not fair. I like things to be made clear that's all. I said "definately looks like a comment about Federer at first glance." and then tried to confirm it that is hardly pretending not to know.

I am not "insinuating" anything, it was you that did that when you said: "reaches 30 and still competes at the top without having any injuries in his career, now that's dodgy" All I've done is present some facts for discussion. That is the point of the article as I already explained. I don't see why you assume there is some hidden motivation here. However having said that I will admit I think Cetojevic is dodgy and Djokovic doesn't look too smart having used him.

And no, I am definately not insinuating Djokovic used any illegal ways to achieve his results in 2011. Firstly, because the SCIO is not illegal or certainly not in all countries. Secondly, I doubt it improved his results anyway. Thirdly, the suggestion by Tenez that these stories are used to "cover up" other means, which may include illegal ones, is not one I agree with.

You could come up with a vague circumstancial argument that Djokovic is on PEDs but equally you could come up with one for Federer, Nadal, Ferrer, Murray or any number of other players. It doesn't make sense to focus all the suspicion on one player just because he's had the best year.

I also don't agree with the "he played five sets and didn't collapse therefore he must be on PEDs" argument either. I mean, it's only tennis. There are any number of sports including football and running that are far more tiring with far less breaks. I am very average athletically and yet I was able to run a marathon, 26.2 miles, and to be completely honest with a decent training programme it wasn't that brutal and it did it without once resting for even a second. And I know for a fact I could run 35 miles without stopping if I trained hard for it, 50 miles probably, maybe even 100 at least in theory. No PEDs there. It can't be that hard to hit a few balls over the net if you train all your life for it, fitness too. Yes I know PEDs can take the edge off tiredness reducing mishits and fine margins and all that and other things but I think mental strength may be even more important. If Tenez reads this paragraph and bothers to respond he'll probably disagree with the simplistic argument but I think there is some truth in it.

Noleisthebest, you suggested that I might be worried. I am not. And that I might have doubts. I don't. Sorry, but you are pulling things out of thin air to be quite honest with you. Having said that and despite my above paragraph about physicality not being impossible to achieve naturally and only one part of the game I do think the anti PEDs testing regime in tennis is fairly poor, almost token, and sadly leaves a lot of general uncertainty in the game, but that uncertainty broadly speaking affects most players fairly equally.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri 16 Dec 2011, 2:21 pm

HB,

sorry if I came across too direct for you (that's just me, I hate wasting time beating about the bush), but I still don't see the point of this article. Was it just an informative piece?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Fri 16 Dec 2011, 3:18 pm

ntib and being direct, now there's some early x-mass news.

It's not just informative, but a great piece of article on how Djoko made him self look stupid, trying everything including being a lab rat just to get to the top of tennis.

No one is saying SCIO helped him nor not as we do not know it, but what we know is that his body is in ruins. True story this one!

Now just because you're blindly obsessed with Djoko, does not mean that this article is nonsense, thought your usual failure of downplaying all anti-Djoko articles wins again.

And stop appeasing to Fed fans every time Djoko is in Forum trouble at the expense of Nadal, as if you care about other players.

You are the main reason that Djoko has 2 fans in this forum. True story this one too!! drumroll

Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Fri 16 Dec 2011, 3:48 pm

Yes it was an informative piece.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri 16 Dec 2011, 3:57 pm

Who is the other one, you?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Fri 16 Dec 2011, 4:19 pm

Social, if you 2 aren't the same.
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri 16 Dec 2011, 4:41 pm

Jahu wrote:Social, if you 2 aren't the same.

OK , since you seem to be commenting exclusively on my comments here, I'll take it you are my fan, then Laugh ....

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down