The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Money Bill William$ might play in 4 Nations

+6
ScarletSpiderman
disneychilly
formerly known as Sam
Biltong
chewed_mintie
GLove39
10 posters

Go down

Money Bill William$ might play in 4 Nations Empty Money Bill William$ might play in 4 Nations

Post by GLove39 Tue 31 Jul 2012, 12:12 pm

Yet another twist in the Money Bill saga...

"centre Sonny Bill Williams has confirmed he's available for the All Blacks and wants to be a part of the Rugby Championship... All Blacks coach Steve Hansen says they will pick the World Cup winner, if he gets the right clearance from his Panasonic club. "
http://www.planetrugby.co.uk/story/0,25883,16024_7952023,00.html

Does seem a bit odd the way SBW keeps changing his mind, but this latest revelation is just as well for the All Blacks given all the injuries at centre.
And personally I'm happy, really want to see him develop in the black shirt, and not throw it all away for money and a return to league.

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Money Bill William$ might play in 4 Nations Empty Re: Money Bill William$ might play in 4 Nations

Post by chewed_mintie Tue 31 Jul 2012, 12:32 pm

Been covered already Glove, I'm happy about it too.

He's going to League but he will be back probably 2014

chewed_mintie

Back to top Go down

Money Bill William$ might play in 4 Nations Empty Re: Money Bill William$ might play in 4 Nations

Post by Biltong Tue 31 Jul 2012, 1:13 pm

I wonder if MBW's Japanese club will say yes.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by chewed_mintie Tue 31 Jul 2012, 1:22 pm

apparently it is just a formality Biltong....

chewed_mintie

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 31 Jul 2012, 1:23 pm

Yeah, I know, I just wanted to use te MBW once for fun, so couldn't think of anything smart to say. Wink
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 31 Jul 2012, 1:50 pm

I'd imagine his club have to release him as it's an international window, no? MBW (I wanted to use it as well) might be the worst signing ever for a Japanese team, he won't be there long and seems to want to spend as much of it as possible with his international team.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Tue 31 Jul 2012, 1:59 pm

If he wanted to be MBW he'd have stayed in Toulon.

Shame he can't play the whole RC. Isn't the Japanese league like 12 games a season?

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 31 Jul 2012, 2:03 pm

Not sure how the Japanese system works disney.

Yeah, SBW sounds a lot cooler than MBW Wink
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 31 Jul 2012, 3:12 pm

biltongbek wrote:Not sure how the Japanese system works disney.

Sounds like a dyslexic executive car!
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 31 Jul 2012, 3:13 pm

If he wanted to be MBW he'd have stayed in Toulon

Nah there's a wage cap in France these days, it is some E8m but even so the million dollar season or whatever ridiculous figure he's getting in Japan (for a very short season!) would not have been matched in France. They would have offered less cash and demanded more games which would have stopped him returning to RL (to make even more money).

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 31 Jul 2012, 3:15 pm

I don't know how much is that he is money obscessed and how much is that he can't stay still for five minutes.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 31 Jul 2012, 3:23 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
biltongbek wrote:Not sure how the Japanese system works disney.

Sounds like a dyslexic executive car!
Laugh I thought about saying it, but then remembered I am supposed to set an example. Whistle
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Full Credit Tue 31 Jul 2012, 3:26 pm

disneychilly wrote:If he wanted to be MBW he'd have stayed in Toulon.
He became MBW by going to Toulon at the expense of his Bulldogs contract and team mates.

Full Credit

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Tue 31 Jul 2012, 8:30 pm

chewed_mintie wrote:Been covered already Glove, I'm happy about it
My bad, been off this forum for a while

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Tue 31 Jul 2012, 8:32 pm

Apparently the situation at the Bulldogs was pretty dire too. SBW handled it very badly but I recall some explanation as to why and when he left-made a few points and made me a little less disappointed in him. Can't remember where it was though.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by dallym Tue 31 Jul 2012, 9:50 pm

so anyone that chases big contracts gets money and a dollar sign put into their name? SBW is a freak and can earn a fortune. He'd be insane not to take the money while he's still young

dallym

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Tue 31 Jul 2012, 10:08 pm

Damn straight Dally. He said he's probably only got 5 years left at the top of his game so needs to get what he can out of it-achievements and money. That well dries up quicksmart when you retire. He doesn't seem to have a similar second career to Conrad Smith...

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Full Credit Wed 01 Aug 2012, 2:43 am

dallym wrote:so anyone that chases big contracts gets money and a dollar sign put into their name?
No, the money and dollar sign are reserved solely for those that walk out on their team mates and fans half way through a season to chase the big bucks.

As far as I'm aware he hasn't broken any contracts since so I guess he's learned from it but nicknames have a habit of sticking, regardless of what you've done since. Just to be clear, I have no problem with people chasing big money, it was just the way it was handled. He was a lot younger then and possibly got some bad advice along the way, who knows. Disney, I remember the NRL footy show talking to him not long after he left the bulldogs and he was just spouting out a load of nonsense. Maybe he was nervous but he really wasn't getting his point across.

If $BW wants to be a jack-of-all-trades, doing a year here, a year there, a bit of this, a bit of that, then good on him. He should be entitled to if that's what floats his boat. Clubs know what they're dealing with. He's a hell of an athlete and people will pay to come and see him but he's just not the sort of person you build a team around for the long haul.

Full Credit

Back to top Go down

Post by dallym Wed 01 Aug 2012, 3:04 am

the same bulldogs that aligned themselves with sewer league for money? so we should be calling them the Bulldog$.

and all the players that switch clubs mid season? sure they ask for a release, but they're still walking out of their club and their fans. so now we've got $hane $hackleton and $am Perrett. Brad Fittler walked out of his penrith contract so does that make him Brad Fittler$?

and what was the point he made on the footy show? IIRC it was if you were a bus driver on 40k and a rival company offered you 80k then you'd be stupid not to switch. a simple allegory to show why he left. not a load of nonsense

dallym

Back to top Go down

Post by Full Credit Wed 01 Aug 2012, 3:14 am

Yep, the Bulldog$, the $harks, the Bronco$...etc. Doesn't roll off the tongue quite like 'Money-Bill' though.

Are you suggesting that asking for a release and giving yourself a release are the same thing? I won't ask for a day off work next week, I'll just take one and see what happens.

I don't remember exactly what SBW said on the footy show, I just remember at the time not getting much out of it. Maybe that says more about me. If the bus driver analogy was all he said, did that really clear anything up? Were people scratching their heads trying to come to grips with someone wanting more money or were they trying to figure out how someone could go about it in such a fashion?

Full Credit

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Wed 01 Aug 2012, 3:21 am

I saw an interview with Peter Mortimer a few weeks ago, he admitted he was furious at the time with Sonny Bill, but he said now, that if Sonny bill walked up to him now, and apologised to his face, he said he would more than forgive him as he can not fault Sonny bill in his performance for the dogs when he was at Belmore, and the fact that it was a priveledge to have had such a talented athlete play for his club. But further that he was always a nice guy up to his departure.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Aug 2012, 4:40 am

Thing I always remember about SBW, was that he signed that long contract with the bulldogs after chatting with willy mason (and others?), whom said he was going to do the same and encouraged SBW to do likewise. Willie didn't, he buggered off. Think SBW got the hump with that.

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Wed 01 Aug 2012, 5:27 am

And where did Mason go? The Roosters... and where is Sonny Bill strongly rumoured to be going????

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Aug 2012, 5:36 am

Whoa, good spotting Laurie. Reckon SBW may have found himself a sparring partner, whether Willie likes it or not.

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Wed 01 Aug 2012, 5:44 am

Sonny Billy and Silly Billy.

Another thing is both of them are from Auckland.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Wed 01 Aug 2012, 8:41 am

Professional Rugby is just another job SBW is making money while he can.For me he has broken contracts before,and now just makes use of the one year thing for convenience.At Super level he was highly successful but has yet to prove it at Test level.That the All Black Selectors use him in extremis makes sense.BUT I would far rather be developing Players at 12 and 13 long term who want to Play for THE SHIRT not just to improve there CV.Better long term lose a few matches than set that precedent the TEAM is more important than the individual.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sat 18 Aug 2012, 5:19 am

Well he wasnt doing anything in November was he?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10827821

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down