The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strikeforce Melendez vs. Masvidal

3 posters

Go down

Strikeforce Melendez vs. Masvidal Empty Strikeforce Melendez vs. Masvidal

Post by easthfc Thu 15 Dec 2011, 12:41 pm

Great Strikeforce event on this weekend. One of the most exciting fighters in mma(and a future UFC champ)Gil Melendez faces the underrated Jorge Masvidal. Masvidal beat up KJ Noons in his last fight in what was basically a stand up fight. No mean feat considering Noons is one of the best stand up guys in mma imo. Should be a good fight.

Gilbert Melendez vs. Jorge Masvidal - Melendez by GnP
Cristiane Santos vs. iroko Yamanaka - don't really care but Cyborg will win
Gegard Mousasi vs. Ovince St. Preux - Tough one... on paper Mousasi should win but St Preux is no joke. Have to pick Mousasi by KO but have a feeling St Preux might pull off the upset
KJ Noons vs. Billy Evangelista - Noons by KO

easthfc

Back to top Go down

Strikeforce Melendez vs. Masvidal Empty Re: Strikeforce Melendez vs. Masvidal

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri 16 Dec 2011, 9:27 am

To be honest I know little about many of the fighters on this card barring Melendez, hopefully Melendez has a unification fight after though.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by gibbo104 Fri 16 Dec 2011, 4:09 pm

Have to agree with your picks easthfc. I cant see Masvidal getting the title and I wont ever bet against Cyborg as there is no one else really that can challenge her. I also think St. Preux will regret calling out Mousasi.

Does anyone know if the prelims will be streamed anywhere?

gibbo104

Back to top Go down

Post by easthfc Mon 19 Dec 2011, 3:42 pm

Turned out to be a good event. Best fight had to be noons evangalista. I love Noons boxing style really fun to watch, Evangalista has some chin on him too. Noons got the dec. Great fight if you guys haven't seen it.

Melendez fight wasn't that exciting but he still managed win every round and beat Masvidal at his own game in an interesting stand up fight. Gilbert won by dec.

Mousasi controlled OSP for most of his fight although St Preux rallied at the end and won the last round. Mousasi won by dec.

easthfc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down