The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Rabo

+19
Comfort
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
thebandwagonsociety
Smirnoffpriest
Kingshu
Luckless Pedestrian
Chunky Norwich
Mickado
Golden
TJ1
Looseheaded
wales606
mckay1402
Sin é
rodders
Artful_Dodger
Breadvan
Morgannwg
maestegmafia
23 posters

Go down

Bes Flyhalf in the Rabo

Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Rabo Vote_lcap0%Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Rabo Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Rabo Vote_lcap0%Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Rabo Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Rabo Vote_lcap2%Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Rabo Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Rabo Vote_lcap1%Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Rabo Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Rabo Vote_lcap15%Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Rabo Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 13 ]
Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Rabo Vote_lcap9%Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Rabo Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 8 ]
Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Rabo Vote_lcap1%Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Rabo Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Rabo Vote_lcap36%Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Rabo Vote_rcap 36% 
[ 32 ]
[ 0 ]
Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Rabo Vote_lcap5%Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Rabo Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 4 ]
[ 0 ]
Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Rabo Vote_lcap3%Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Rabo Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 3 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Rabo Vote_lcap9%Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Rabo Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 8 ]
Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Rabo Vote_lcap17%Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Rabo Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 15 ]

Total Votes : 88

Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Rabo Empty Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Rabo

Post by maestegmafia Thu 15 Dec 2011, 8:42 pm

Who do yo think is the best in the Rabo

Last edited by maestegmafia on Thu 15 Dec 2011, 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Rabo Empty Re: Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Rabo

Post by Morgannwg Thu 15 Dec 2011, 8:45 pm

Duncan Wier. He has been the most consistent, and hasn't had to share the no.10 duty with anyone else really. I don't think anyone can argue with that. It is a tight contest though.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Rabo Empty Re: Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Rabo

Post by Breadvan Thu 15 Dec 2011, 8:57 pm

That Sexton fella...
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Thu 15 Dec 2011, 9:12 pm

David Humphreys???

Try Ian Humphreys...

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 15 Dec 2011, 9:49 pm

Unless David Humhreys is actually still playing then its Jonny Sexton imo.

Ronan O'Gara is a legend and a fair shout too and Priestland has huge potential.

Theres some fantastic 10's in the rabo.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Thu 15 Dec 2011, 9:53 pm

roddersm wrote:

Edinburgh have two, even the Italians have good 10s. I didn't opt for Priestland, O'Gara or Sexton because they had been rested for most league games this far into the season. I think Weir is fab, to think he was once considered back-up to Jackson.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu 15 Dec 2011, 10:30 pm

roddersm wrote:Unless David Humhreys is actually still playing then its Jonny Sexton imo.

Ronan O'Gara is a legend and a fair shout too and Priestland has huge potential.

At least Humphreys has played a few games (8) in the Rabo. Sexton & O'Gara have had two starts (out of a possible 10) in the Rabo this year. A bit early in the Rabbo season to be claiming they are the best.

For the record, ROG made the Magners Dream time last year as the 10.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Thu 15 Dec 2011, 10:34 pm

Weir. Has been the difference for Glasgow this season
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Thu 15 Dec 2011, 10:43 pm

You include Jordan Williams and Aled Thomas, but exclude 2 time Lions starting 10 - Stephen Jones, how strange.

IMO, on current form its a tie between Sexton and Preistland - overall, Sexton for last years HC final.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Thu 15 Dec 2011, 10:43 pm

Between Priestland and Sexton. I chose Priestland.

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Thu 15 Dec 2011, 10:45 pm

What, no votes for Ceri Sweeney?!

And what about Gavin Henson Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Rabo 3513163098 - He is definitely the best

angel

wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 15 Dec 2011, 11:47 pm

wales606 wrote:What, no votes for Ceri Sweeney?!

And what about Gavin Henson Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Rabo 3513163098 - He is definitely the best

angel

He hasnt played yet, so couldnt really include someone who hasnt played.

Sorry about steven jones, I thought I had but I only had steffan jones...

a moderator may be able to assist

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Thu 15 Dec 2011, 11:48 pm

O' Gara

Preistland / Sexton / Weir may prove to be better in the future but O' Gara has proven it

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Fri 16 Dec 2011, 12:15 am

Morgannwg wrote:
roddersm wrote:

Edinburgh have two, even the Italians have good 10s. I didn't opt for Priestland, O'Gara or Sexton because they had been rested for most league games this far into the season. I think Weir is fab, to think he was once considered back-up to Jackson.

Please tell me your not talking about Phil Godman?

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 16 Dec 2011, 8:18 am

Would love to hear the perspective of the posters who voted for Dan Parks. Three of them....!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 16 Dec 2011, 8:57 am

Sin é wrote:
roddersm wrote:Unless David Humhreys is actually still playing then its Jonny Sexton imo.

At least Humphreys has played a few games (8) in the Rabo. Sexton & O'Gara have had two starts (out of a possible 10) in the Rabo this year. A bit early in the Rabbo season to be claiming they are the best.

For the record, ROG made the Magners Dream time last year as the 10.

Since I know you’re such a fan of statistics:

O’Gara – 173 mins played – 35 points scored
Sexton – 176 mins played – 48 points scored

Sexton’s points per minute rate is 25% better. I think that’s definitive. You might as well close down this thread.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 16 Dec 2011, 9:18 am

wales606 wrote:You include Jordan Williams and Aled Thomas, but exclude 2 time Lions starting 10 - Stephen Jones, how strange.

I concur, Stephen Jones is a fantastic player and should be on here. He's definitely not the best 10 on current form but deserves a mention. Along with ROG the best B&I 10 of his generation.

Sin Ihumph was one of the best 10's in the league last season for sure but has been pretty poor this year so far. Maybe you could post his no of unforced errors per minutes played stats Smile
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Fri 16 Dec 2011, 9:35 am

Jesus, what a difference a few months make.

How many would have voted for Priestland in July?

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 16 Dec 2011, 10:10 am

Has Rhys Priestland even played at ten for the Scarlets in the Rabo this season?

I've voted for Duncan Weir, he's going to be some player.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Fri 16 Dec 2011, 10:11 am

David Humph in his prime would have been up there with the best, I thought he was a great player, he kept ROG out of the Ireland team and then had a swap about for a while, H-cup winning captain.
Thats why I voted for him.

If you ment Ian Humph well thats a different story.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Fri 16 Dec 2011, 10:22 am

in a serious note I think you can say the best are Sexton, RoG, Jones and Priestland, but Weir can add his name to that list.

I hear th eItalian outhalfs are suossed to be good but don't really see enough of them anyone want to rate them on a scale of 1-10.

9-10 being the players above skill level
1 being Ian Humph on a bad day, skill level.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 16 Dec 2011, 10:30 am

Think Priestland has played 50mins for the Scarlets at 10 this year and 30mins at FB.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 16 Dec 2011, 10:32 am

Okay, so the question we're being asked is 'who is the best ten who plays in the Rabo,' rather than 'which ten has played the best in the Rabo this season.'

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 16 Dec 2011, 10:41 am

Yup, I don't think we'll see much from any of the internationals in the Rabo this season, what with getting over the WC, the extra Wales game, the 6N and then recuperating from that, and then that gives the players a nice 2 months to get used to the clubs tactics at the end of a grulleing 12 months of continuous rugby before being rested in preperation for the summer tours...

All fun

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 16 Dec 2011, 10:54 am

There's nothing like a properly-structured northern hemisphere season!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 16 Dec 2011, 11:02 am

luckless_pedestrian wrote:There's nothing like a properly-structured northern hemisphere season!

thumbsup Laugh

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Fri 16 Dec 2011, 11:27 am

Don't think Priestland - O'Gara - Sexton have enough minutes in the league this season to be 'best flyhalf in the Rabo'. I've gone for Madigan (home town decision) as he has impressed me this season and not been outshone by his opponents in any game.

If you take it as what the player has achieved in his career - O'Gara
If you take it as what the player has done in the last year for his team - Sexton
If you take it as what the player has done at international level in the last year - probably Priestland for the RWC showings

But this year in the Rabo it is possibly Weir, but I'm putting a vote in for Madigan to give him an honourable mention.

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 16 Dec 2011, 11:58 am

What about Henson

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 16 Dec 2011, 12:17 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:What about Henson

Which one Gavin or Jim?

They've both done about the same amount in the Rabo this season!

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 16 Dec 2011, 1:14 pm

All Im saying is that of Dan Parks can get that many votes then a player who hasnt even turned up shoudl get some.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Fri 16 Dec 2011, 1:28 pm

luckless_pedestrian wrote:Okay, so the question we're being asked is 'who is the best ten who plays in the Rabo,' rather than 'which ten has played the best in the Rabo this season.'

Indeed which Is why I went for O Gara. Sexton, Preistland and Weir may turnout to be better but ROG has done it

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Fri 16 Dec 2011, 2:25 pm

TJ wrote:
luckless_pedestrian wrote:Okay, so the question we're being asked is 'who is the best ten who plays in the Rabo,' rather than 'which ten has played the best in the Rabo this season.'

Indeed which Is why I went for O Gara. Sexton, Preistland and Weir may turnout to be better but ROG has done it

But SJ was selected for the Lions 10 - so surely Stephen Jones has been there and done that - ROG may have won a HC, but he has never played in a World Cup SF or not ruined a Lions tour.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Fri 16 Dec 2011, 2:33 pm

wales606 wrote: ROG may have won a HC, but he has never played in a World Cup SF or not ruined a Lions tour.

sorry, i know thats a low blow, but i actually burst out into laughter at the last part.

Laugh clap Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Rabo 3602195817

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Fri 16 Dec 2011, 2:34 pm

Comfort wrote:
wales606 wrote: ROG may have won a HC, but he has never played in a World Cup SF or not ruined a Lions tour.

sorry, i know thats a low blow, but i actually burst out into laughter at the last part.

Laugh clap Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Rabo 3602195817

Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Rabo 3513163098

angel
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 16 Dec 2011, 2:54 pm

He’s actually won 2 HC’s and he’s also won just as many World cup semi finals as any Welsh player.

And in 2001 and 2005 he didn’t ruin a Lions tour.

I picked Sexton by the way.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 16 Dec 2011, 3:44 pm

Mickado wrote:He’s actually won 2 HC’s and he’s also won just as many World cup semi finals as any Welsh player.

And in 2001 and 2005 he didn’t ruin a Lions tour.

I picked Sexton by the way.

He wont in 2013 either

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 16 Dec 2011, 3:51 pm

Smirnoffpriest wrote:Think Priestland has played 50mins for the Scarlets at 10 this year and 30mins at FB.
Priestlands performance vs saints in the HEC was enough to get my vote. He was immaculate.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Dec 2011, 4:08 pm

maesteg, you've based your vote on ONE performance (in the wrong competition). Christ, you get worse!

Last edited by SafeAsMilk on Fri 16 Dec 2011, 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri 16 Dec 2011, 4:12 pm

I thought we were picking fly-halves in the RaboPro12 not the Heineken Cup?
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 16 Dec 2011, 4:25 pm

I think the question and the list of suspects is enough in itself to highlight just how diverse a group of people flyhalves are. Yes, yes, yes, the general consensus is that it is a job with definitions and you have to fit the profile to fit the bill. I say...well, rubbish.

Flyhalves are an erratic bunch that can be so different from each other in style and the priority they give to each aspect of their work but that's also why it is such a high profile, highly media obsessed, highly competitive, highly charged position. Flyhalves don't so much look for a place on a team as much as articulate a team style. Question is which style does the team want to play and then which flyhalf is good enough to paint it.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Fri 16 Dec 2011, 5:02 pm

Sexton is taking this! Already he's got nearly twice as many votes as the guy in 2nd behind him!

pete (buachaill on eirne)

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 16 Dec 2011, 9:18 pm

Oops - soz of course that was against Munster (and Saints) he played wasn't it.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Fri 16 Dec 2011, 9:59 pm

WTF is Wier ? Erm
21st Century Schizoid Man
21st Century Schizoid Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Seagultaf Sat 17 Dec 2011, 9:35 am

Based on Rabo Direct games this season, it is someone who is not on your list. In the games against Dragons and Ulster (first half in particular) Steve Jones carried a very inexperienced Scarlets team. He was absolutely superb, he has also just won the 10 jersey back off the hero of the World Cup.

So if he was on the list thats who I would vote for.

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down