The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batista vs Ken Shamrock

4 posters

Go down

Batista vs Ken Shamrock Empty Batista vs Ken Shamrock

Post by Adam D Mon 14 Mar 2011, 1:06 pm

There is already a thread about this in the MMA section but I wanted to take this in another direction with a wrestling slant.

These two are being lined up to face each other in a MMA bout. This is as farcical a main event as Alex Reid vs Tom Watson.

Let me explain, Batista is 41 years old - not the time to be starting this. He also got beaten up by Booker T backstage over an argument - hardly the signs you can handle yourself. So not looking great for Dave to start with.

Ken Shamrock - hasnt won or beaten anyone of note in the last 5 years. He is a nobody on the MMa circuit. Its a bit like Audley harrison still fighting. He is totally spent as a MMA force.

So what happens - if Dave wins, it may draw a crowd but it wont win him any respect from MMa fans.

If Ken wins, Batista is finished before he starts.

However, and this is the point of this article. If Ken Shamrock wins, he should pick up the phone immediately to Vince McMahon.

Dave Batista, former champ (in the last 18months) between by the "worlds Most Dangerous Man....again".

Ken was a great character in WWF and should he win, I think that he could come back to the WWE with all the credentials needed to sell tickets.

So in summary, this is a win win for Ken and a bad idea for Dave.

So - 6 months time, Ken will be back in the WWE is my prediction with Batista heading to TNA...probably!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Batista vs Ken Shamrock Empty Re: Batista vs Ken Shamrock

Post by Perry Groves is my dad Mon 14 Mar 2011, 2:10 pm

Personally i couldnt imagine Batista being in MMA as i think he is too bulky. I know brock is big but i have never thought of Batista as being the most mobile of person so i think he will have a very short career and then go back to botching/wrestling (delete as applicable) with his tail between his legs

Perry Groves is my dad

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 15 Mar 2011, 2:27 pm

Agree with Perry Groves, Lesnar as well as being a freak of nature is deceptively quick. Now you take someone like Lesnar who is pretty rapid for a guy of his size yet has been made to look cumbersome at times in MMA then compare that to Batista and there's only one outcome: Batista is going to get shown up badly in MMA.

He might get by Ken Shamrock. He might get by a few more tomato cans. But once Batista is paired up with someone semi-decent who can go, he'll be beaten handily.

I can't see any good coming from Batista's MMA career, the only thing semi-intriguing about it is if he has a fight with Bobby Lashley, but that would purely be interesting for wrestling fans. Pity Batista left when he did, because he was on fire as a heel and is actually being missed by the WWE I think.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 16 Mar 2011, 1:03 pm

To be fair, Alex Reid for all that is said about him and I've said plenty proved that he was one tough Bar Steward against Watson, I was extremely surprised

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 16 Mar 2011, 2:42 pm

the-gaffer wrote:To be fair, Alex Reid for all that is said about him and I've said plenty proved that he was one tough Bar Steward against Watson, I was extremely surprised

I will actually agree with you there. He never stopped coming forward but never looked like he was going to win that fight or have a game plan B.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down