The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHC picture *TLC Spolier*

+5
AberdeenSteve
Brady12
Kay Fabe
Stonee21
Buzzman
9 posters

Go down

WHC picture *TLC Spolier* Empty WHC picture *TLC Spolier*

Post by Buzzman Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:53 pm

So with Daniel Bryan having won the World Heavyweight Championship, where do you see the title picture heading? I've heard that Henry is injured (if anyone can confirm this?) so its likely that he will take some time out.

- Who would you have as the main men chasing after the title? It seems likely to me that it will start with Big Show coming out and having a go at Bryan.
- Crucially how long do you think Bryan will hold onto the title after he gets past Show (hopefully). and out of the likes of Randy Orton, Wade Barret, Kane or maybe even Rhodes, who would you book him against and how to really get him over as a good champion.

.... Or ultimately do you think his title reign will be a flop?

thoughts?

Buzzman

Back to top Go down

WHC picture *TLC Spolier* Empty Re: WHC picture *TLC Spolier*

Post by Stonee21 Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:08 pm

Yeah he injured himself against Cena on Raw so Vince apparently made the call for the title change.

I would like to see him enter a feud with Barret but I think you're correct with Big Show sadly :'(

Stonee21

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzman Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:00 pm

yeah apparently, he isn't expected to hold it long as he only got it through henry being injured. Hopefully he gets a fair crack at it though. Giving it to Orton within a month or so would be the easy option to take.

Buzzman

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:19 pm

Whats the chances Orton takes it off him at SD!? Laugh

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:22 pm

the-gaffer wrote:Whats the chances Orton takes it off him at SD!? Laugh

I'd quite like that! At least Orton is a credible champ. When was the last time the IC champ had more credibility than the world champ?

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:24 pm

It is great seeing everybody write Bryan off before he has even be allowed to cut a promo or anything on Smackdown.

He is guy that when given an opportunity, he will shine. Watch this space!

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:28 pm

AberdeenSteve wrote:It is great seeing everybody write Bryan off before he has even be allowed to cut a promo or anything on Smackdown.

He hasn't been presented as a worthy champion! It's not his fault.... If he's champ after the Rumble I'm prepared to streak at the next Raw event held in Manchester

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:35 pm

AberdeenSteve wrote:It is great seeing everybody write Bryan off before he has even be allowed to cut a promo or anything on Smackdown.

Agree with this give him time , his only just won it

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzman Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:15 pm

pretty sure most people were calling for him to be given an opportunity, now that he's won it, he seems to be getting shot down quite often. In my opinion, the only reason he would lose the title soonish, would be because Vince doesn't want him to have it long, not because he isn't good enough.

Buzzman

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:57 pm

clap

Give the guy a chance. We know hes good in the ring, and we know he can cut a good promo. Dont write him off just yet.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:11 pm

You can't fault people for being cynical about the reign Daniel Bryan may have, he's not been booked anywhere near good enough to suggest he could or should be on the end of a good to decent Championship run

He 'won' the title before having it overruled, won a fatal four way #1 contender match then had a very good WHC cage match the following week, it was two SmackDown! shows he was actuallt booked well, two since he won MitB

I've no problem with how he won the title, the MitB match is sold as such a dangerous match that winning that match is enough to 'cash in' whenever he sees fit, while also winning that means a wrestler requires zero build up in order to get the belt, it becomes a bit to hard to believe when Daniel Bryan is losing every week to suddenly start winning for no reason, that's the importance of protecting a face while he has the MitB

I doubt anyone thinks Bryan can't succeed because he is extremy talented, however it's ano insult to our intelligence to watch him lose every week then expect him to have a credible run as the new Captain of the show

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:33 pm

Agree Gaff, good points.

I'd go as far to say that this title win is in fact a 'de-push' (or whatever you chose to call the opposite to a push) He was in the main event at Wrestlemania before he cashed in, now I'm thinking he'll be 2nd or 3rd match on slotted safely back into the mid card....

I hope I'm wrong as I rate Bryan the wrestler but he's been booked as a joke so how am I meant to believe he's now a credible world champ. I'd of kept the title on Henry until mania (I hear his injury isn't too bad - he's still appearing every week on both shows!!) &have the classic David vs Goliath withBryan going over

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:41 pm

CM Punk wasnt exactly booked well in his first 3 world title reigns. Just saying.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:16 pm

Samo wrote:CM Punk wasnt exactly booked well in his first 3 world title reigns. Just saying.

Daniel Bryan doesn't have anywhere near as good mic skills or look as CM Punk.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:49 pm

Brady12 wrote:
the-gaffer wrote:Whats the chances Orton takes it off him at SD!? Laugh

I'd quite like that! At least Orton is a credible champ. When was the last time the IC champ had more credibility than the world champ?

I would have loved that to happen Smile

Sara

http://www.twitter.com/SaraLouP

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:34 pm

Samo wrote:CM Punk wasnt exactly booked well in his first 3 world title reigns. Just saying.

Punk fell into the same trap in his first run, he was jobbing quite a bit and that's why his first World Title run was so underwhelming, you also have to question the booking, the main feud on RAW in Punk's first reign was Cena/Batista and the emergence of 'the honest man' Chris Jericho, Punk should have been given one of those guys to work with that SummerSlam, particularly since it was thanks to Batista Punk managed to beat Edge but he dropped the title then did the whole midcard thing (winniing the tags and the US titles) before getting another chance, I actually thought Punk was booked well until The Undertaker got involved

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down