The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update on Wrestlemania 28 plans

+11
HitmanOwl
goldustismyhero
AberdeenSteve
Crimey
Don Caboose
Whackamole
Shot 21 LCFC
DDT
NickisBHAFC
Brady12
Fernando
15 posters

Go down

Update on Wrestlemania 28 plans  Empty Update on Wrestlemania 28 plans

Post by Fernando Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:32 pm

Shawn Michaels is scheduled to be the special referee for the Undertaker vs. Triple H match at WrestleMania. Since Triple H and Shawn Michaels have both failed twice at ending the streak, it lends something to the idea that they could work together to screw Undertaker.

Triple H might put his career on the line against the streak. The Undertaker vs. TripleH match will be promoted as the #2 match on the card, behind Cena vs. Rock.

-- John Cena recently mentioned that his match vs. The Rock at WrestleMania would be even bigger if it was for the WWE championship. At the time he made the comments, WWE was strongly considered putting the title on Cena heading into WrestleMania.

The WWE title being on the line would make the match seem bigger and elevate the status of the WWE title. Additionally, if the title wasn't on the line in this match, it doesn't look great that the WWE title match would be billed as the #3 match on the show. That said, WWE is firmly behind Punk as champion and the Rock vs. Cena is already guaranteed to be a huge draw without the belt on the line.

Source: Nodq.com

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Update on Wrestlemania 28 plans  Empty Re: Update on Wrestlemania 28 plans

Post by Brady12 Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:46 pm

Interesting stuff.... Michaels as referee i really like the sound of that... It adds intrigue especially if Triple H's career is on the line.... Will Michaels end his DX buddies career or screw the Taker giving Hunter the accolade of doing what Shawn couldn't?

Still Taker will end up winning & all 3 men will probably end up having an post match orgy in the ring. Still Hunter will have to lose some serious weight off his gut for anyone to believe he has a credible shot at the streak

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:33 pm

I would love to see HBK screw HHH. Then at Summer Slam winner gets there carrer back. Sounds stupid i know

Sounds like an amazing wrestle Mania card

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by DDT Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:59 pm

The Rock has never won a WWE title match at Mania, had to job to Austin at 15, he then got screwed by Vince at 16 and 17. His victories at Mania against Hogan and Stone Cold at 18 and 19 respectively weren't for the title.

So I think it would be good if they they put the wwe title on the line in the match. They could have Punk challenge for the world title.

Im very disappointed that HHH is taking on Taker, can't WWE come up with something more imaginative, though it probably has something to do with the fact HHH is the son in law of the boss.

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:22 am

I too am completely bored if its The Undertaker vs Triple H for a 3rd time. Its not that I dislike either guy, or I doubt that it would be a great match, but Jesus how many times!! We have had Kane twice, Shawn Micheals twice and now Triple H 3 times!!!

They could maybe have me interested if they turn one of them heel. Another respect feud really would bore me.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Whackamole Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:36 am

With Michaels as special guest referee it's way to obvious that he will screw Triple H.

Triple H will pedigree Taker for the 5th time in the match, looking like that will get H the win Michaels puts sweet chin music on Trip to stop him doing so. If Michaels can't end the streak no one can etc...etc..
Whackamole
Whackamole

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Caboose Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:46 pm

This was rumoured last year too, but I don't think HBK will be involved. It will take too much focus off of Taker or HHH.

Michaels seems like he is staying retired and why screw HHH and set up an angle when both men will be retired? Makes no sense.

I'd put money on HHH jobbing again and this time getting put in his place. Undertaker still has a date with Cena down the line. It's too much of a money match to squander.

Don Caboose

Back to top Go down

Post by DDT Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:31 pm

I would have thought this years Wrestlemania will be Takers last match, he's 46 now, and the fact no ones seen him since Mania suggests he's not fit enough anymore to wrestle on a weekly basis.

WWE have always dodged a Taker/Cena match, in years gone by, because they have been trying to make Cena as popular as the likes of Hulk Hogan, and they have been ignoring the boos, and editing them out of productions, in some sort of attempt to protect Cena's reputation from the TV audience. So putting him in the ring against a big fan favourite like Taker would have decreased his popularity further. They have always tried to put Cena in feuds, with heels that even the Cena haters struggle to warm to, like JBL, Wade Barret and Randy Orton, in an attempt to win the haters over.

Now WWE have realised that the booing of Cena isn't getting any better, its getting even worse, so they have been forced to acknowledge it in there story lines. Now they have acknowledged it I think a Taker/Cena match could take place, the problem is Cena is tied up with the Rock, and it would make sense for Taker to retire on 20-0.

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:57 pm

I think the fact that Undertaker isn't appearing on a weekly basis means that he will just keep coming back for the road to Wrestlemania, have his match and then go rest for the year again. They will keep the streak going for as long as possible, and with year rests in between I honestly think they could carry on for another 5 years.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:59 pm

I seriously hope this Undertaker v Triple H III doesn't come into fruition. I feel that the added aspect of Michael's being the referee could make the feud pretty enjoyable but the match will be horrendous. They pulled out all the spots they could last year and there is no way they could match that level of match again.

These guys should be used to put talent over, not each other. It's stupid.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by DDT Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:07 pm

I think the Undertaker has wanted to retire for a while, hence why the WWE always give him long absences, but he and the WWE want to get the streak up to 20, as it's a big round number. I may be wrong but it just makes sense to me.

I also don't believe these long absences will help him, when your sitting around doing very little for 7-8 months a year, your going to get out of shape, and at 46 it's not easy to get back to peak fitness, particularly strength wise.

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by goldustismyhero Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:43 pm

Shame Henry got injured as they could have carried him on as being unbeatable and then taker could have come back as being the dead man so and took a massive beating throughout the match and after 2 worlds strongest slams be out for the count but Henry plays to crowd then the lights go out and druids surround the ring and out comes Paul Bearer with the urn to revitalise taker when her sits up and nails henry with a chokeslam then a tombstone and picks up the 123, and at the end places henry in a body bag and the druids carry him out,

Basing that around Henrys statement of retiring soon

goldustismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:48 pm

Well taker and trips last year was average at best. Can't be bothered with another match with them.

The logical sense would be taker v kane,the way he got buried alive by barrett and kane.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by DDT Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:15 pm

There is no way a 46 year old Undertaker, could tombstone Mark Henry, I doubt if he would have even been able to do it when he was at his physical peak. Kane probably could have done when he was at his physical peak, but I doubt the Undertaker could have.

It just wouldnt work a Henry/Taker match. It's Wrestlemania and Takers streaks on the line, and he wins with a 2 inch choke slam. Do me a favour!

Goldberg is supposed to be making a comeback, not sure which company he is joining, but that would a great match. As Goldberg is a much bigger star than Triple H has ever been.

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:23 pm

Am I the only one that can see Triple H ending the streak as the most likely outcome?

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:30 pm

Goldberg wont return

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by goldustismyhero Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:44 pm

The person performing the chokeslam doesnt actually have t lift at all, with the right timing the person receiving it can just jump and the way taker "throws" them down would make it look devestating

Its like hogan slamming andre, alot of the work for that was down to andre and hogan admits to it in his book

goldustismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by DDT Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:48 pm

The reason for Goldberg leaving, was because he didn't agree with the ways of the WWE at the time, he didn't agree with the fact young fans of his were watching things like Bra and Panty matches, and he said he would have been a hipocrite if he stayed. Though nowadays they don't have matches like that with the whole PG stuff, so he could come back.

He said that he would be wrestling again by the end of 2011, so maybe WWE have persuaded him to hang on a little so he could make a big return, for the road to Wrestlemania. Could you imagine the atmosphere and crowd pop, if Taker was doing a promo about his streak, and Goldbergs music hit.

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:23 pm

I would wet my pants if he comes out during the Rumble.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by DDT Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:34 pm

Ye that would blow the roof off. I was thinking a Rumble return would be pretty cool, but I still think Goldberg interrupting Taker and standing face to face with him, for his return would get a bigger pop.

Both would be great ways to rerun though. The WWE usually use the Rumble for suprise comebacks etc, so if Goldberg was to come back, I fancy there's a pretty high chance that it will be at the Rumble.

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by whatwindturbine Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:59 pm

DDT wrote:There is no way a 46 year old Undertaker, could tombstone Mark Henry, I doubt if he would have even been able to do it when he was at his physical peak. Kane probably could have done when he was at his physical peak, but I doubt the Undertaker could have.

Spoiler:

Whistle

whatwindturbine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down