The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ziggler and Rhodes: What are their plans for wrestlemania?

+4
Don Caboose
The Awesome Giz
Kay Fabe
Liam
8 posters

Go down

Ziggler and Rhodes: What are their plans for wrestlemania? Empty Ziggler and Rhodes: What are their plans for wrestlemania?

Post by Liam Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:36 pm

evening all,

Just wondering what everyones opinions on what you think or what matches you want them to be involved in at Mania.

We've seen Ziggler lose his US title to Ryder, who I have to say looked decent in the ring at TLC and to me looks like a credible champion (In ring ability). Surely this frees Ziggler up for a title shot at the WHC. Is it too soon, however, too give Ziggler his shot at Mania. Personally, I would like him to get a big win at Mania, and then, going into the new year set himself up for a title run. I can't see WWE letting Bryan hold that title for long, as I believe he will eventually lose it too Orton, Barrett or a returning Henry. Personally, I would like him up against Taker and have him put over extremely well but with the card looking how it is I can't see Taker there this year, maybe next year against HHH in what someone else called a "retirement match" for both.

With Rhodes i'm sure he'll defend his IC title against someone. If Bryan loses his WHC soon I would like to see hime drop down and establish himself as an IC champion, as I think he would continue Rhodes' work of making it a prestiges title again. At Mania I think that could be a very good match, would draw allot of interest and with Rhodes' excellent promo's over the last couple of months it would help Bryan in showing people he has what it takes to cut a good promo to generate interest in his matches. But, Rhodes like Ziggler for me needs to move up to main event level in the up and coming year, but do you have Ziggler and Rhodes going for the WHC, or have one going for the WWE and one for the WHC. The problem with that is, is that the Raw roster is looking a bit crowded atm with the title seen, with Miz, Punk, Del Rio and eventually Cena coming back into the scene. That's not to say Ziggler or Rhodes couldn't hack with these guys, as I believe only Punk and Miz pose any credible threat to them for in ring ability.

So how would you book these two superb up and coming future main eventers for Mania and then 2012?

Liam

Back to top Go down

Ziggler and Rhodes: What are their plans for wrestlemania? Empty Re: Ziggler and Rhodes: What are their plans for wrestlemania?

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:08 pm

I'd give Ziggler a good 30 minutes in the Royal Rumble before having him in the Elimination Chamber match to get him involved in a WWE Title match, I'd also have him in a Title vs Title Unification match with Cody Rhodes (possibly have him reclaim the US at the Rumble)

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Ziggler and Rhodes: What are their plans for wrestlemania? Empty Re: Ziggler and Rhodes: What are their plans for wrestlemania?

Post by The Awesome Giz Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:25 pm

I think this is a Wrestlemania to soon for them really, I'de hope by the time Wrestlemania 29 comes along and they've both been built up properly then they both get a main event push. Zigglers my pick for mitb next year if things go to plan for him.

Its odd that one of these guys was once in a woeful cheer leader stable, and the other thought of as one of the weakest young stars on the roster have both become future main eventers.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Caboose Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:16 am

The Awesome Giz wrote:I think this is a Wrestlemania to soon for them really, I'de hope by the time Wrestlemania 29 comes along and they've both been built up properly then they both get a main event push. Zigglers my pick for mitb next year if things go to plan for him.

Its odd that one of these guys was once in a woeful cheer leader stable, and the other thought of as one of the weakest young stars on the roster have both become future main eventers.

I'd argue that Ziggler is too great a prospect to waste on a MITB. Which while a great way to get over, it cheapens the title win, and Ziggler already has a cheap title reign to his name.

However, I wholeheartedly agree that this Wrestlemania is too soon. I think at first Ziggler needs to establish himself as not needing Vickie and I thought the match with Ryder at TLC would have been a great place to plant the seeds.

Don Caboose

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:44 am

I still think Ziggler should be in the main event of Summerslam, have him lose Vickie after WM and build him over the next few months. Either that or have him win at the 2013 rumble but over the next year have him in title matches losing and coming so close to winning the title on occasions so its big for him when he does win. I know its a bit of a face style way to the title but I think it could suit Ziggler.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:41 pm

the-gaffer wrote:I'd also have him in a Title vs Title Unification match with Cody Rhodes (possibly have him reclaim the US at the Rumble)

These titles are just starting to get some prestige back into them. Why would you Unify them?

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Statto00 Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:15 pm

Samo wrote:These titles are just starting to get some prestige back into them. Why would you Unify them?
If they remove the brand extension?

Statto00

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:34 pm

I think it's too soon for both men to be entering the main event scene at Wrestlemania 28.... 6 months is a long time in WWE I'd still be surprised if both had world title runs in 2012

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:37 pm

Samo wrote:
the-gaffer wrote:I'd also have him in a Title vs Title Unification match with Cody Rhodes (possibly have him reclaim the US at the Rumble)

These titles are just starting to get some prestige back into them. Why would you Unify them?

Because I don't feel there is enough room for two legitimate titles of that standing where as one would really mean something, I don't buy into the thought that these titles have regained their prestige, I think it's down to the guys holding them and if either title go a length of time away from Rhodes and Ziggler then you'll see how quickly they belts fall from grace again, unifying them would help elevate it and really signify the thought that it is a title worth holding and give it prestige it's not had since the 90s

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down