The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did I join the forum at the wrong time? or its just a poor quality?

+8
invisiblecoolers
polished_man
laverfan
carrieg4
hawkeye
amritia3ee
luciusmann
viv.theraiden
12 posters

Go down

Did I join the forum at the wrong time? or its just a poor quality? Empty Did I join the forum at the wrong time? or its just a poor quality?

Post by viv.theraiden Fri 30 Dec 2011, 6:03 pm

I am just wondering did I join the forum at the wrong time? or its just a poor quality in tennis section?

So far to whatever little amount of threads I have seen they are all player bashing or vague poll and questions. I read in some comment "the forum use to be cool", so just thought its just all due to off season ? that i joined at the wrong time? or is the tennis section of 606v2 like this one in general? Rolling Eyes

viv.theraiden

Back to top Go down

Did I join the forum at the wrong time? or its just a poor quality? Empty Re: Did I join the forum at the wrong time? or its just a poor quality?

Post by luciusmann Fri 30 Dec 2011, 6:08 pm

If you can manage to ignore a couple of the WUMs on the tennis section, you should be okay, although I admit, they are rather difficult to ignore because one of them is a rather arrogant know it all and rather a nasty one at that and the other has a thing for polls which he somehow thinks will demonstrate he's not here to antagonistise a section of one players fans on here.

Welcome to the tennis forum though, it has been a bit rowdy lately...but it will be more interesting with the up coming Aussie Open I'm sure!

luciusmann

Back to top Go down

Did I join the forum at the wrong time? or its just a poor quality? Empty Re: Did I join the forum at the wrong time? or its just a poor quality?

Post by amritia3ee Fri 30 Dec 2011, 6:10 pm

Welcome to 606v2 viv Hug
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Fri 30 Dec 2011, 6:25 pm

viv.theraiden

You've joined 606v2 to make an article about its poor quality?... Maybe your too good for us.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Dec 2011, 6:31 pm

First off viv, welcome to the forum. Its always good to see new members joining. thumbsup

As you can imagine there isn't much happening in the tennis world at the moment and when that happens, it is sometimes reflected in the section.

But as you will see from the post count on the main home page, the tennis section is one of our busiest. There are some very knowledgeable posters here and I have learned a lot from them. There are brilliant debates, as well as some silly articles from time to time. Give us a try, I'm sure you will get know the regulars well and enjoy it here.

Back to top Go down

Post by viv.theraiden Fri 30 Dec 2011, 6:45 pm

thanks for the welcome luc,amrit and YI, OK I too hope it gets better with AO.

viv.theraiden

Back to top Go down

Post by carrieg4 Fri 30 Dec 2011, 7:30 pm

Welcome Viv. The quality of discussion will be a lot better next week when the season starts. I can't wait!

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri 30 Dec 2011, 7:31 pm

viv.theraiden wrote:thanks for the welcome luc,amrit and YI, OK I too hope it gets better with AO.

AO (and slams, in general) bring match discussions, which are usually good. Think of riding into town not knowing your way at all. If the first few folks you meet are rude, it tends to lead to a statistical extrapolation of all being rude. As you find your way around town, you find the good and bad parts and people and learn to avoid the bad ones and spend more time on good ones.

You will find some very interesting discussions that you will enjoy. Weak Era and Player Bashes will be easier to recognise.

Once again, welcome to 606v2. Live long and Prosper, as the Vulcans say.

\\//
O

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by polished_man Fri 30 Dec 2011, 8:25 pm

VIV:if you want to have a good tennis read the first thing to do is to identify the good posters from the ordinary ones. For example a good start would be to read all of my posts and articles, better a couple of times, they are no easy read....
polished_man
polished_man

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sat 31 Dec 2011, 2:50 am

Well the forum has been a bit messy recently but we all hope it would get back to its best come AO season.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sat 31 Dec 2011, 12:03 pm

polished_man wrote:VIV:if you want to have a good tennis read the first thing to do is to identify the good posters from the ordinary ones. For example a good start would be to read all of my posts and articles, better a couple of times, they are no easy read....

someone is a bit full of themselves Whistle

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sat 31 Dec 2011, 1:09 pm

Polished man will keep you on the path of enlightenment. I suggest it's best you follow him.. OK
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by polished_man Sat 31 Dec 2011, 1:38 pm

LuvSports! wrote:
polished_man wrote:VIV:if you want to have a good tennis read the first thing to do is to identify the good posters from the ordinary ones. For example a good start would be to read all of my posts and articles, better a couple of times, they are no easy read....

someone is a bit full of themselves Whistle

Wrong! I am very emptied. You know what? I probably don't even exist at all!

Best wishes anyway.

PM Tumbleweed
polished_man
polished_man

Back to top Go down

Post by erictheblueuk Sat 31 Dec 2011, 2:00 pm

Why don't you write us a decent article then ?
erictheblueuk
erictheblueuk

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Sat 31 Dec 2011, 2:47 pm

It always make be suspicious when a 'new' member joins the forum and immediately starts complaining about the place.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sat 31 Dec 2011, 3:46 pm

erictheblueuk wrote:Why don't you write us a decent article then ?

To quote robert de niro 'you talking to me??'

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down