The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is for the Drop?

+47
Enforcer
Rowley
Alessandro Ciambella
azania
newballs
Tranquil Chaos
dummy_half
LivinginItaly
alanqlm
James_182
Liam
hampo17
Imperial Ghosty
ReallyReal
dancingweeman
Beer
Adam D
Mat
Sand
packofwolves
The Special Juan
Kay Fabe
ryan86
The_Enigma
nissan
kwinigolfer
ncfc_Tooze
sodhat
The Sweet Science UK
sparky marky
TRUSSMAN66
compelling and rich
A Fine Folk.
jro786
d260005p
westisbest
johnson2
Luke
Good Golly I'm Olly
lorus59
legendkillar
Josiah Maiestas
Corporalhumblebucket
Crimey
Fernando
killer-boosh
guildfordbat
51 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

Who is for the Drop? - Page 10 Empty Who is for the Drop?

Post by guildfordbat Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:58 am

First topic message reminder :

I've probably just given Blackburn the kiss of death by suggesting on their thread that they'll avoid the drop.

My teams for the drop are the three new boys. I think inexperience will ultimately count against them. QPR's recent poor results are not far off becoming a freefall. Despite very respectable starts, I don't see Norwich or Swansea scoring enough and believe their commendable work rates may lead to them both running out of gas around Easter.

All carefully worked out and most likely entirely wrong. Wink What do others think?

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Who is for the Drop? - Page 10 Empty Re: Who is for the Drop?

Post by Guest Mon May 14, 2012 3:18 am

Nore Staat wrote:
Nore Staat wrote:... Personally I think the most likely scenario today is QPR being beaten 3-1 and having a player sent off, and Bolton drawing with Stoke 2-2. ...
So I nearly got everything spot on ...

I know where I am coming for my tips next season! Top stuff there Nore.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 14, 2012 3:23 am

thumbsup ... although I never expected it to be so dramatic!

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon May 14, 2012 3:42 am

killer-boosh wrote:18th - Bolton
19th - Wolves
20th - Blackburn
So now we know as we say farewell to Wolves, Blackburn and Bolton.

Congratulations to new boys Norwich, Swansea and QPR for surviving the season and making a mockery of my initial prediction. Norwich and Swansea, in fact, did far more than survive - showing how the game should be played and collecting many points and friends along the way.

Congratulations also to Killer-Boosh for being the first to correctly predict the three 'dropping' even if he didn't get the positions spot on.

Thanks to all for the comments since this article was posted in January. Signing off this thread for now. Back in August to see who is for the drop in 2013 ....

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 14, 2012 3:44 am

Sad

My club!!

Indeed well done to Swansea, QPR and Norwich. Think that's the first time the 3 promoted clubs stayed up since 2001/2.

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Mon May 14, 2012 6:55 am

Nore Staat wrote:Personally I think the most likely scenario today is QPR being beaten 3-1 and having a player sent off, and Bolton drawing with Stoke 2-2.
clap clap
Excellent prediction - even tho I guess it was more or less odds on that QPR would not finish with 11 men... Rolling Eyes

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Mon May 14, 2012 11:59 pm

The form over the final 10 games of the season makes for interesting reading for those teams that were in danger of relegation:

Wigan picked up 22 points in their last 10 matches, equal to Man U as 2nd best in the league and only one point poorer than Citeh. Wigan for the Champions League next season if they can maintain that form Wink

QPR picked up 15 points, which was equal 9th in points gained in those 10 games (same as Chelsea). There record was alternate wins and losses through the 10 game sequence.

Bolton picked up 13 points, so 11th best in those 10 games. Better than most of the lower mid-table teams, but not quite enough to keep them up.

Blackburn managed only 6 points for the 3rd worst record, despite gaining 3 points against Man U...

Wolves obviously were poorest with only 3 draws from the last 10 games.

However, a special mention is needed for Aston Villa's valiant attempt to relegate themselves by failing to win any of their last 10 games and picking up just 5 points over that period - good thing they'd been OK earlier in the season and given themselves JUST enough buffer to hold out.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10