The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Day Elton John Came To Raw

+3
Kay Fabe
Sara
legendkillar
7 posters

Go down

The Day Elton John Came To Raw Empty The Day Elton John Came To Raw

Post by legendkillar Wed 04 Jan 2012, 8:58 am

I have to say that yes I was one that was looking forward to the return of Y2J. The vignettes shown. I have to say though that the vignettes resembled something of someone debuting as it were more than someone returning. It did have me thinking though. 1999 when the milenium clock counted down. The Rock stood in the ring. "Break the Walls Dowwwwwnnnnnn" for anyone else it makes any debut the more daunting knowing the tough act is to follow. At that time Y2J had so much talent around him to be used with. Austin, Rock, HHH, Undertaker, Angle, Foley, D-X members, Kane. Forward to 2007 and post Summerslam the 'Matrix' style vignettes are being aired and the buzz is electric. The RAW before the Survivor Series the chants of Y2J became louder. The specualtion he would return on the night of Survivor Series. He however did return the following night on RAW and confronted Orton. Sporting a new hair do and a shiny silver waistcoat. He contested the WWE Title at Armageddon and then vanished into a feud with JBL. However a feud with HBK post WM24 for me elevated him further up. Out came suits and talk of 'lacking' morals from the WWE Universe. A great heel champion he had become. His previous title reign as heel was equally great, but the character did resemble something from his WCW days as the frustrated wrestler not earning the credit he deserved and also 'bad loser' syndrome he carried.

Forward to 2012........

I almost feel that the WWE pander to him. A stint on Dancing with the Stars has not brought the immediate media success he must've been craving to carve a career away from the ring. I have seen him on special countdowns on music or tv or celebrity moments, but it is clear that he wants to stand alone as a media figure without always being directly linked to the WWE. It is very difficult. Rock has only in the last 3 years has gone from 'yeah that is the guy from the WWE he was funny' to a guy that act and is a sought after film star. Jessie Ventura has taken years to be acknowledged as someone who has achieved more in politics than in the WWE. The WWE in relation to Rock and Ventura is like a second label.

RAW 01/02/2012. He comes out in a coat the WWE stole right from Elton John's wardrobe. The only thing missing was a Double JJ illuminating hat with Y2J on it and the sunglasses to match and maybe a mash up 'with my baby tonight' with Wassssup with Truth! It has generated a bit of fever with people now seeing a match for CM Punk in the ring and on the mic. The return could've been done a bit better. It was a segment right out of the 90's school of debuts. I would imagine a lot of fans were like what the Flip was that. It is a start as it a talking point. I just hope he is utilised properly as such an underwhelming return will sink if he ends up facing the Cobra in a months time!

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

The Day Elton John Came To Raw Empty Re: The Day Elton John Came To Raw

Post by Sara Wed 04 Jan 2012, 12:35 pm

Of course he will be utilised properly he wouldn't be coming back if it wasn't to do something good. Whistle

Sara

http://www.twitter.com/SaraLouP

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed 04 Jan 2012, 1:19 pm

Sara wrote:Of course he will be utilised properly he wouldn't be coming back if it wasn't to do something good. Whistle

And I am sure he was sold the dream back in 2007...Feud with JBL

Rolling Eyes

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 04 Jan 2012, 1:26 pm

Ti be fair the plan in 2007 was for him to return as a heel and 'save us' from John Cena where he'd win the title, I remember reading that he was to stay champ until Cena got revenge on him at WM24

Cena got injured, they had to put the title onto Orton, Jerichos comeback got put off enough for us to need saving from Orton then he came back as a face

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 04 Jan 2012, 3:31 pm

Can I just say that I am completely jealous of the light up jacket and I would pay any sum of money to own one.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by theanimal316 Wed 04 Jan 2012, 7:17 pm

The light up jacket is awesome Samo. Check out the wwe.com exclusive if you haven't seen it where he turns the lights on while walking down the corridor.

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:56 am

I tried making a Chris Jericho Light Up Jacket © with the Christmas tree lights but it didn't really have the same effect.

Didn't help that they were plugged into the mains I guess.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 05 Jan 2012, 11:58 am

You could try it with lighter fuel and some tealight candles OK

(606v2 says leave dangerous tomfoolery to the professionals - do not try this at home)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down