The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The John Laurinaitis Aprreciation Thread

+9
nasisillmatic
Gregers
Adam D
AberdeenSteve
Clunge4life
sodhat
liverbnz
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Shot 21 LCFC
13 posters

Go down

The John Laurinaitis Aprreciation Thread Empty The John Laurinaitis Aprreciation Thread

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri 06 Jan 2012, 9:44 am

Following on from discussions on another thread, I thought I would put one up in appreciation of the Executive Vice President Of Talent Relations And Interim General Manager Of Monday Night Raw.

I think the guy is making a brilliant heel GM. his character is hilarious. Like I said on the other thread, the segment when he came out pretending to be CM Punk was pure class. I also remember when a fight broke out backstage a few months ago in front of him: "dont make me take my coat off!" - this had me in stitches.

When he first started being an onscreen character he looked slightly awkward and with his voice I couldnt really see him going far. But I think he has nailed it. I love the way his character generally thinks he is being cool, fun and hip and giving the crowd what they want when he is generally being antagonising and peeing the crowd off!

Any thoughts on Johnny Ace? Good or bad ones are welcome.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

The John Laurinaitis Aprreciation Thread Empty Re: The John Laurinaitis Aprreciation Thread

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri 06 Jan 2012, 9:47 am

clap

I've already given my thoughts on other threads. He's brilliant.

Favourite moments;

His reaction to Punk calling him a bitch.
When he was corpsing at Cena's Zack Ryder impression.

He's pure comedy

Back to top Go down

The John Laurinaitis Aprreciation Thread Empty Re: The John Laurinaitis Aprreciation Thread

Post by liverbnz Fri 06 Jan 2012, 10:48 am

I have to say he is growing on me. He is really bloody irritating which is exactly what he is supposed to be.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 06 Jan 2012, 10:50 am

I like his almost inaudible voice.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Clunge4life Fri 06 Jan 2012, 10:50 am

He had me in stitches when he wished John Morrison the best in his future endeavours on RAW!

Clunge4life

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri 06 Jan 2012, 10:51 am

Clunge4life wrote:He had me in stitches when he wished John Morrison the best in his future endeavours on RAW!

Yeah - that was class.

It was so smug Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Fri 06 Jan 2012, 11:04 am

I'll be the first to admit I hated his character when he first started out on RAW but as each week progresses he gets better and better.

Agree with both the reaction to Punk calling him a bitch and when he said to JoMo about his future endeavors. Both brilliant Laugh

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 06 Jan 2012, 11:10 am

This had me laughing for ages:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWQnR4Bqk6A

(its crude so dont watch if offended easily!)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Fri 06 Jan 2012, 12:10 pm

Don't make me take off my jacket!

The man is comedy gold

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Fri 06 Jan 2012, 1:54 pm

Love the guy.

When he said to Punk "You don't want none of this", I cried laughing.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri 06 Jan 2012, 2:21 pm

Me too.

P.S. Nas - legend.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Fri 06 Jan 2012, 3:56 pm

Shot 21 LCFC wrote:Me too.

P.S. Nas - legend.

He's in my top 3 of all time.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri 06 Jan 2012, 3:59 pm

Same here. 2nd only to 2 Pac. I must say though and this can be controversial but I prefer I Am and Gods Son to Illmatic.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Fri 06 Jan 2012, 4:17 pm

Understandable, they're very underated albums.

It really frustrates me that Nas cannot seem to get the mainstream success he deserves, while a lot of mediocre rappers have huge success.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Fri 06 Jan 2012, 4:26 pm

JL is right up their with the best GM's of all time IMO, who would have thought he would be so much better than Hunter?!

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 06 Jan 2012, 6:35 pm

Nas was great. I think his fight with Barrera hurt him mentally though.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 06 Jan 2012, 6:46 pm

Thinking about it he acctually is doing a pretty good job. Quite a funny segment backstage at Summerslam when he demanded Punk applogised for kicking him in the face on Raw prior to summerslam.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Best in the World Fri 06 Jan 2012, 6:47 pm

guy is a legend , love him Smile
The Best in the World
The Best in the World

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Fri 06 Jan 2012, 6:57 pm

to be fair to the man he has done very well in the gm role and i only see his character getting better as his feud with punk develops. The more punk rebells against his authority the better he will get, i honestly think that creative view punk as a modern day Steve Austin and see john as the vince to his stone cold. Punk is already hugely over and what better way to help cement him than beating up his boss and rebelling against his authority something nearly every american watching dreams of doing and this can only benefit Ace and help him produce some real heat as a heel.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down