The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Expectations for England in the 6 Nations

+10
beshocked
dummy_half
SecretFly
munkian
rodders
damage_13
B91212
bluestonevedder
miteyironpaw
HERSH
14 posters

Go down

How many games will England win?

Your Expectations for England in the 6 Nations Vote_lcap3%Your Expectations for England in the 6 Nations Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Your Expectations for England in the 6 Nations Vote_lcap23%Your Expectations for England in the 6 Nations Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 9 ]
Your Expectations for England in the 6 Nations Vote_lcap50%Your Expectations for England in the 6 Nations Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 20 ]
Your Expectations for England in the 6 Nations Vote_lcap23%Your Expectations for England in the 6 Nations Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 9 ]
Your Expectations for England in the 6 Nations Vote_lcap3%Your Expectations for England in the 6 Nations Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 40

Your Expectations for England in the 6 Nations Empty Your Expectations for England in the 6 Nations

Post by HERSH Wed 11 Jan 2012, 4:16 pm

OK England fans now that we know the squad, what are your expectations for us in this years 6 nations.

IMO we’ll be doing well to win are first two games (Scotland & Italy) as for the rest well to be honest I wouldn’t be surprised if we lost all three, but if we could win one of them then in all honestly I’d be happy.

This years 6 Nations is about blooding players, yes we won’t win the championship, yes other fans will point and laugh, yes the English/British media will want blood if we lose a game, plus there will be hundreds of WUM articles trying to bait us England Fans, just remember one thing before you bite, this is a very talented group of players and given a couple of seasons together I’m sure they could do great things for English Rugby.

This EPS squad has taken it’s 1st step to world cup glory in 2015, remember that.

Fans of other Nations are also welcome to leave their views, but keep it clean and on topic.
thumbsup
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Your Expectations for England in the 6 Nations Empty Re: Your Expectations for England in the 6 Nations

Post by miteyironpaw Wed 11 Jan 2012, 4:20 pm

Where's your confidence HERSH? surely the RFU should be issuing a request for tenders to produce the grand slam video by now.
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Your Expectations for England in the 6 Nations Empty Re: Your Expectations for England in the 6 Nations

Post by bluestonevedder Wed 11 Jan 2012, 4:23 pm

I don't think England will honestly do too badly. I think way too much is being made of the lack of experience, etc. We have to remember, these young players are excited to be representing their country, keen to provide some encouragement after the dismal world cup campaign by their lack-lustre team mates, looking to right so many wrongs, and embracing the international stage. I think their eagerness to perform will trump their lack of experience in most games.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Wed 11 Jan 2012, 4:27 pm

Voted 3 but not sure why. Based on if they somehow win against Scotland and then Italy then 1 more isn't an impossibility based on a bit of momentum. If they don't beat Scotland then I can see it only being 1 mind.

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by damage_13 Wed 11 Jan 2012, 4:32 pm

I think hey will look good in parts

damage_13

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 11 Jan 2012, 4:34 pm

Anywhere between 1st and 4th but personally I fancy England to win the title.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed 11 Jan 2012, 4:47 pm

Where's 6th ? I voted 4th , I'd never write them off completely
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 11 Jan 2012, 4:53 pm

I don't know actually. I'll have to take it one at a time:

Scotland - Murrayfield. I think Loss.

Italy - Rome. Win

Wales - Twickenham. Win

France - Stade de France. Loss

Ireland - Twickenham. Loss. (Only because I have a feeling Ireland are going to be better than last year. With something to actually fight for by the end)

That's 2 wins.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Wed 11 Jan 2012, 5:02 pm

Can we have a 'haven't a bleeding clue' vote as well.

So many changes to the team and squad, plus the coaching changes and (presumably) tactical/game plan changes make any prediction of the performance of this England team no more than blind guesswork.

OK, I'll vote for 1 win, as based on my usual prediction skill that should guarantee us the Grand Slam...

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Wed 11 Jan 2012, 5:05 pm

I think we can pick up 4.

If we beat Scotland we'll have the momentum behind us.

Biggest obstacles are Scotland first up, Ireland and France.

Wales struggle at Twickenham.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Wed 11 Jan 2012, 5:05 pm

If England can get through the 6N without an embarrassing premature video leaking on to youtube, the back row behaving inappropriately with a chambermaid, someone getting grief from their new royal wife, Manu going for an impromptu did in the channel, nobody tossing Shane Williams in a bar and the game plan not turning up in the Irish team hotel I'll see it as a marked improvement.
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Wed 11 Jan 2012, 6:39 pm

Ive gone for third - a lot of uncapped players in the squad, which of course has great advantages in the medium to long term, but perhaps not brilliant for this particular 6N.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Wed 11 Jan 2012, 7:49 pm

Honestly I think Lancaster has been bold with his squad and that will pay off. He has also shown he wont take indiscipline before the boys even show up so that will make them knuckle down. Its a new England breed and I wexpect them all to be out o impress and put the RWC behind them.

I expect them to go to Edinburgh and beat Scotland comfortably. Robinson will be under real pressure by the end of the 6N for his job. Just as Scott "the knife" JOhnson turns up.

Italy will be another good win.

The wales match, well Im obviously biased. but if as I expect Wales have won their first two games; then I think they will beat England. Wales are further along in their develppment as a side and will have been tested in Dublin. I dont think Scotland or Italy will test England.

I think England will also lose to France. France are going to be a different beast with PSA as coach. That is not good news for any of the home nations and I expect france to win the slam.

Then I think you will beat Ireland. Ireland have the toughest opening of the tournament facing a Wales side brimming with confidence after the RWC and then a France side that will be much much better than their final side. I think its going to be a tough tournament for Kideneys men without Bod and a side in transition.

England to win three and to show real improvement tactically. I expect a successful summer tour off the back of it with maybe a test win in Durban.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Wed 11 Jan 2012, 8:21 pm

iI voted for England to win 4 games. Yes i am an England fan so of course i want England to win, i dont think their will be a Grand Slam this year, but i do expect/hope England will win against Scotland, i also expect them to beat Italy.

Wales although they have lost some of their big players Hook,Phillips, Byrne i do think that Wales even though England are at home is always a banana skin for England.

Ireland have been Englands bogey team over the last couple of years, but how they will go with out BOD to spark life into the Backs, but give away penalties and Johnny Sexton will surley punish us.

France, what French team will turn up? that is the question, but with Saintandre in charge i expect France to be the probably winners this year.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Wed 11 Jan 2012, 8:34 pm

Hook and Byrne surely aren't currently considered big game starters on current form. Personally I hope neither get picked as neither was ambitious enough to get a release clause written in, nor do they merit the trouble of scooping them up from abroad at present. Only Phillips, after his exceptional WC, is worth the trouble, especially as Bayonne have confirmed he's available for the Poland camp.

I expect England finishing around 3rd/4th this time around. Though that's by no means a reflection on the next few years, I'll be surprised if they finish anywhere higher in 2012.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down