The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reform Regional Rugby - Update

+18
aucklandlaurie
glamorganalun
bedfordwelsh
Smirnoffpriest
Cymroglan
Cardiff Dave
GavinDragon
Knowsit17
Casartelli
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Noble-Surfer
Steffan
gowales
BridgendBoyo
wayne
Morgannwg
Shifty
Jimmy Moz
22 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Reform Regional Rugby - Update Empty Reform Regional Rugby - Update

Post by Jimmy Moz Sat 14 Jan - 16:36

As some of you will have seen, our campaign is now starting to attract attention and take on real momentum. Here is a selection of some of the coverage we have received to date.

Western Mail 10 Jan 2012 http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/welsh-politics/welsh-politics-news/2012/01/10/mp-s-petition-calling-for-reform-to-regional-rugby-system-gains-1-000-signatures-91466-30090246/

Observer, Rhondda Leader and Cynon Valley Leader 12 Jan 2012 http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/south-wales-news/pontypridd-llantrisant/2012/01/12/campaign-launched-to-transform-regional-rugby-91466-30096011/

BBC Wales Interview: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b019cbly/am.pm_11_01_2012?t=16m17s (16 minutes into the video)

Fans may also like to hear that Owen Smith is meeting next with all of the other Valleys MPs to rally support for the reform of regional rugby. You may also wish to write to your own MPs to make the case for change.

Lastly, please urge all of your friends, work colleagues and anyone else you know who agrees with our cause to sign the petition: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/reform-regional-rugby/

The WRU must understand the depth of the concern that exists among Welsh rugby fans and we can best do that by recording our protest and our opinions. So I look forward to receiving many thousands of additional signatures in the coming weeks and months. The petition will eventually be passed to the WRU to inform their thinking about the future of the game, however, a copy of it will also be presented formally in Parliament

Keep the faith

Last edited by Jimmy Moz on Wed 8 Feb - 22:02; edited 1 time in total

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Reform Regional Rugby - Update Empty Re: Reform Regional Rugby - Update

Post by Shifty Sat 14 Jan - 17:11

Sorry Jimmy but I think you people are totally unrealistic, Wales cannot financially compete with French clubs as it is, where do you expect the Union to find the funding for a Valley region?

The truth is the Blues are 10 minutes down the A470, watch them if you like, if you don't watch the Welsh Premiership, but we don't have the depth or money for a 5th region in South Wales.

Ponty couldnt afford a professional team in 2003, thats why their sold their half share to Bridgend, and if you cant afford something in 2003, you certainly can't afford it in 2012, with wages jumping so much higher now.

3,500 fans paying £10 each, 17 home games a year is £595,500. If just rentals push the boat out you may get another £10k but other than that, I can't see where this money is going to come from!
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sat 14 Jan - 17:14

Yawn.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Moz Sat 14 Jan - 17:17

AlynDavies wrote:Sorry Jimmy but I think you people are totally unrealistic, Wales cannot financially compete with French clubs as it is, where do you expect the Union to find the funding for a Valley region?

The truth is the Blues are 10 minutes down the A470, watch them if you like, if you don't watch the Welsh Premiership, but we don't have the depth or money for a 5th region in South Wales.

Ponty couldnt afford a professional team in 2003, thats why their sold their half share to Bridgend, and if you cant afford something in 2003, you certainly can't afford it in 2012, with wages jumping so much higher now.

3,500 fans paying £10 each, 17 home games a year is £595,500. If just rentals push the boat out you may get another £10k but other than that, I can't see where this money is going to come from!

Well your more than welcome to petition against the petition Laugh

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Moz Sat 14 Jan - 17:18

Morgannwg wrote:Yawn.

Nice to see someone else is tired of the current failing Superclub structure OK

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 14 Jan - 17:36

Jimmy Moz wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:Yawn.

Nice to see someone else is tired of the current failing Superclub structure OK

Why do you think it's failing?
Since regionalism Wales have won 2 Grand Slams and had a World Cup semi final.
What was achieved between 1991 and 2003?
3 losses to Samoa including 1 by 25 points, 1 home loss to Canada, a few losses to Romania, a 96-13 walloping by south Africa, a 71 point loss to New South Wales, a 63-6 loss to Austraslia, that's just off the top of my head!
What wonderful preperation those Cardiff players had by beating Dunvant 116-0 in the top division of Welsh rugby, it really prepared them for success with Wales dont you think?... Whistle

The only thing that would of happened if we had kept the old club structure is Wales would of been stripped bare of any half decent players, Cardiff would still be taking Pontypridds and Bridgends best players though.

Just because a few fans decided to stick with their local clubs not the regions does not mean the system is flawed. If you went to Premiership games (like I do) then you'd soon see nearly all the fans at those games are pensioners, yet when you go to regional games (like I do) most of the fans are families, and young children.

Those pensioners will be older or dead in 15 years, those kids in the regions may well be there with their own kids. You cant teach an old dog new tricks but the kids sitting in the regions stands will grow up seeing their heroes and many will end up taking their kids to the regions themselves. It's only a mater of time, you either move with the times or get left behind, many fans will be left behind.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Moz Sat 14 Jan - 17:54

AlynDavies wrote:Those pensioners will be older or dead in 15 years, those kids in the regions may well be there with their own kids. You cant teach an old dog new tricks but the kids sitting in the regions stands will grow up seeing their heroes and many will end up taking their kids to the regions themselves. It's only a mater of time, you either move with the times or get left behind, many fans will be left behind.

Yes well if you want to go down to CCS and chant "Kardiff" or any other Superclub thats up to you

Whatever the outcome of this petition and campaign even if it comes to nothing at least we have all given it a go instead of bowing down to Peter Thomas and the WRU etc and the other Superclubs. Thankfully my young nephews dont care much for Cardiff and prefere to play for their local club but still support Ponty. And trust me this is not due to any adult brainwashing they have had free ticket for Cardiff lots of times due to the club and have never enjoyed it that much and just prefere watching Ponty. Not sure on what you mean by pensioners though I agree there are a lot of older people at games but also see lots of young ones. I am only speaking for my club though

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sat 14 Jan - 17:58

The WRU is the governing body though and will be in a more controlling position once we have a central contracting system. Not sure why would not want to follow the rules set out by the GOVERNING BODY.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sat 14 Jan - 17:59

Jimmy, in the first mention of this topic great enthusiasm was given of the 5000 crowd for the Cardiff game, I've scoured the internet including the Ponty match programme, all Wales online publications, the Ponty website and many other publications and the figures are not given for ANY other game involving Pontypridd RFC.
As Alyn has said you had your chance in 2003 and blew it, I mentioned on the other topic that I live closer to Pontypridd than to Swansea and I would never go to watch your lot if the Stadium was at the bottom of my garden, as your supporters refusal to travel to Bridgend was the start of the slippery slope to the demise of the Celtic Warriors, with a large helping hand by Samuel

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Moz Sat 14 Jan - 18:00

Morgannwg wrote:The WRU is the governing body though and will be in a more controlling position once we have a central contracting system. Not sure why would not want to follow the rules set out by the GOVERNING BODY.

There will never be central contracting system

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sat 14 Jan - 18:01

And how do you know? Very Happy
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Moz Sat 14 Jan - 18:04

Morgannwg wrote:And how do you know? Very Happy

Common sense. Look at Mike Phillips. Played for 3 Welsh clubs all down to money. Now all of a sudden this 'Best offer wins' culture is gonna stop after nearly 10 years of "regional" rugby. Believe it when I see it

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Post by BridgendBoyo Sat 14 Jan - 18:09

Just cant see it happening. Who's going to pay for extra region in south wales? If there is to be a new region, my support would be for it to be in north wales. And, it would only after years of investment and building the game and support up there.

If there was to be a South Wales Valleys team, it should be right in the heart of the Valleys, not Ponty, which is just a stones throw from Cardiff. Any Valleys team should be in Aberdare, Mountain Ash or Merthyr.

BridgendBoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by BridgendBoyo Sat 14 Jan - 18:11

wayne wrote:Jimmy, in the first mention of this topic great enthusiasm was given of the 5000 crowd for the Cardiff game, I've scoured the internet including the Ponty match programme, all Wales online publications, the Ponty website and many other publications and the figures are not given for ANY other game involving Pontypridd RFC.
As Alyn has said you had your chance in 2003 and blew it, I mentioned on the other topic that I live closer to Pontypridd than to Swansea and I would never go to watch your lot if the Stadium was at the bottom of my garden, as your supporters refusal to travel to Bridgend was the start of the slippery slope to the demise of the Celtic Warriors, with a large helping hand by Samuel

Totally agree clap

BridgendBoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Moz Sat 14 Jan - 18:12

wayne wrote:Jimmy, in the first mention of this topic great enthusiasm was given of the 5000 crowd for the Cardiff game, I've scoured the internet including the Ponty match programme, all Wales online publications, the Ponty website and many other publications and the figures are not given for ANY other game involving Pontypridd RFC.

So basically your a Ponty hater then...

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sat 14 Jan - 18:12

Well Mike is late on in his career, a big money move makes sense. As it does for the big names linked with a move to France (Jenkins, Jones, Charteris). The points is to contract the younger/best players to the Union to keep the French Vultures away.

As for citing your Phillips example, he moves from the Scarlets to the Blues so he could stake a better claim at becoming first choice. Gareth Jenkins was Scarlets coach at the time. The move to the Ospreys was probably a money move, but at least it was still in Wales.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Moz Sat 14 Jan - 18:12

BridgendBoyo wrote:

Totally agree clap

Wipe your nose its got some brown stuff on it...

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Post by BridgendBoyo Sat 14 Jan - 18:15

Ah come on Jimmy boy, no real argument to come back with?

BridgendBoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Moz Sat 14 Jan - 18:19

BridgendBoyo wrote:Ah come on Jimmy boy, no real argument to come back with?

It can work and it will work

Im not sitting here being judged on what happened in 2003. I think its pretty pathetic using an argument about something that happened nearly 10 years ago

Kinda like saying I should be banned from a pub because the last time I was in there in 2003 I was sick in the toilet. You people clearly have an agenda. Wayne is just a Ponty hater which is fine

Last edited by Jimmy Moz on Sat 14 Jan - 18:20; edited 2 times in total

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sat 14 Jan - 18:19

Oh dear.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Sat 14 Jan - 18:23

Why are people always saying 'once' we have centralised contracts. It's only been rumoured there is no substance to it.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Moz Sat 14 Jan - 18:23

At the end of the day Cardiff, Llanelli and Newport have all had their chance to embrace regionalism as well and they have failed

Llanelli failed North Wales. Cardiff failed the Rhondda Valleys and Newport failed the Gwent Valleys. If these self serving Superclub had done what they were originally meant to do then petitons like this wouldnt even exist

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Moz Sat 14 Jan - 18:24

gowales wrote:Why are people always saying 'once' we have centralised contracts. It's only been rumoured there is no substance to it.

Because they have deluded themselves that it is going to happen...

Morgannwg is not the sharpest tool in the box as you can tell

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Post by BridgendBoyo Sat 14 Jan - 18:26

Ha ha ha.....

FACT: Ponty had a region
FACT: Ponty turned their back their own region

Ponty does not have the god given right to have a region before all other parts of the country.

Ponty doesnt deserve one IMHO

BridgendBoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Moz Sat 14 Jan - 18:29

BridgendBoyo wrote:Ha ha ha.....

FACT: Ponty had a region
FACT: Ponty turned their back their own region

Ponty does not have the god given right to have a region before all other parts of the country.

Ponty doesnt deserve one IMHO

Aaawww. Little Bridgend fan all upset because he dont like Ponty

You lot never turned up after even after Samuals bought you a really good team in the old club system. Even Samuels said that

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Sat 14 Jan - 18:30

I swear on every topic about the regions. There's always one person who's convinced centralised contracts are going to happen

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Moz Sat 14 Jan - 18:30

gowales wrote:I swear on every topic about the regions. There's always one person who's convinced centralised contracts are going to happen

Some mothers do have em' I guess Smile

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Post by BridgendBoyo Sat 14 Jan - 18:33

No, you guys just make laugh laughing

BridgendBoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 14 Jan - 18:37

Whoever thinks that central contracts are gonna happen....well I want whatever they are drinking/smoking. All Samuels had for his troubles at Bridgend was a load of abuse and death threats against him and his family. Im not a Pontypridd fan but I dont blame then for not wanting to share a region with those lot down there

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Noble-Surfer Sat 14 Jan - 18:41

Personally, I don't get what's with all this hating the regions...

I remember going to watch games at the Arms Park and Stradey with my Dad as a kid, and really enjoyed going. Since the game in Wales went regional, I've been to Cardiff City Stadium, Parc Y Scarlets, the Liberty and Rodney Parade to watch the regions play.

I am a Scarlets fan, but will always support every other Welsh region whenever they're playing anyone else.

As a Welsh fan, I want all of the regions to do as well as possible, because that can only bode well for the Welsh national team.

What I don't understand is why people who support Wales can't support the Welsh regions...?

Noble-Surfer

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Sat 14 Jan - 18:45

I can't honestly see what alternatives there are to the regional structure. Whether it was right thing to regionalise Welsh rugby is a whole different debate. But we're stuck with the system we've got.
Development wise its looking good, the regions are producing lots of good young players. However i can't stand the Pro 12, its the most boring rugby league there is and half of the time the teams don't have their best players and rest them for the 'big' Heineken cup games. I would have preferred a anglo-welsh league but its not to be.
The Welsh Premiership is semi pro and some clubs are amateur. There would have to be major reforms and investment put into them, where are they gonna find that?
Concerning a Valley Region. They're already developing a North Wales region, i can't see them being able to afford a valley region.

I think some people need to grow up and just support the regions. But i can understand if they don't want to because of the abysmal standard of rugby, i doubt that is the reason though
I think the WRU know that the public don't really like the region structure but i can't see an alternative... at the moment

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 14 Jan - 19:02

Jimmy iv signed the petiton mate. As I say im not a Pontypridd fan but Wales does need a Valleys region (and a North Wales one). I doubt its gonna come to much but its worth a try so good luck. I never understood why Pontypridd and Neath just didnt form a region that way you have the top and bottom of the Valleys covered. Maybe that could still happen now Neath are slpit from the Ospreys. Both passionate supporters as well. Forget Bridgend in all of this. I remember in the 90s they had a lot of talent but the players like Rob Howley, Daffyd James, Gareth Thomas all moved on to better pastures new as Bridgend was a dead end club with poor support. I went to a few Celtic Crusaders game in the Brewery Field as I like rugby league and they couldnt even be bothered to turn up for that. Anyway back to the boxing forum I go boxing

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sat 14 Jan - 19:08

Jimmy Moz wrote:
BridgendBoyo wrote:Ah come on Jimmy boy, no real argument to come back with?

It can work and it will work

Im not sitting here being judged on what happened in 2003. I think its pretty pathetic using an argument about something that happened nearly 10 years ago

Kinda like saying I should be banned from a pub because the last time I was in there in 2003 I was sick in the toilet. You people clearly have an agenda. Wayne is just a Ponty hater which is fine
Jimmy before Regionalisation, whenever Ponty played anyone other than Bridgend I supported them, so a Ponty hater NOT SO, it's a pity people like yourself and this MP didn't put the effort in to support ANY or ALL of the Regions, because as I've said in other posts the main reason the Regions were set up was for the benefit of the National Team and that was the MAIN reason I was going to support the Warriors and then changed allegiance to the Ospreys. I could not and would not support Cardiff or Llanelli because of their standalone status. The favoured option of the WRU was Llanelli/Swansea Bridgend/Neath, Cardiff/Pontypridd and Newport/Ebbw/Caerphillyand the Gwent Valley teams but that is another can of worms to be opened.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Sat 14 Jan - 19:14

Folks, I appreciate that it's a passionate subject, but can you debate without the petty little insults please.

Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Sat 14 Jan - 19:19

The only reason I log on here is to read the petty insults.

This reform idea comes down to whether Welsh rugby folk are content with the medicocrity that we've witnessed for almost a decade.

Or we'd like something better that actually supports the national team - which every so often punches way above its weight for no apparent reason.

If the majority are happy with 3 out of 4 teams trundling along in complete irrelevant obscurity - let's carry on as we are!

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Moz Sat 14 Jan - 19:26

Casartelli wrote:The only reason I log on here is to read the petty insults.

This reform idea comes down to whether Welsh rugby folk are content with the medicocrity that we've witnessed for almost a decade.

Or we'd like something better that actually supports the national team - which every so often punches way above its weight for no apparent reason.

If the majority are happy with 3 out of 4 teams trundling along in complete irrelevant obscurity - let's carry on as we are!

Be careful mate there are now 2 of us with common sense and ambition on this thread and I'm not sure their heads can take it...

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Sat 14 Jan - 19:35

Yeah - Llanelli, Cardiff and Newport fans, every year, are convinced they're about to turn the corner.

It just needs the youngsters coming through, a playmaker in midfield, a blindside with plenty of dog, Henson finding the form of 7 years ago.....

Fortunately, if you add them all together, judging by attendances, there's only about 15,000 of them in total.

Things may change this year.

Last edited by Casartelli on Sat 14 Jan - 19:38; edited 1 time in total

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sat 14 Jan - 19:36

Pardon my ignorance but exactly what kind of "reforms" are we talking? The creation of a Valleys region? Where would the funding for that come from? And how would that help with the attendances of the existing regions?

Regional rugby does require reorganisation but in far simpler, cheaper and more effective ways. I'm talking of course about the notorious "superclub" status of some. Cardiff and Newport ought to be dropped by all means, a simple enough task which for some reason the guys upstairs persist on ignoring insensitively. Any MP's concerned could be using their apparent energy to create awareness of this flaw rather than making suggestions that involve splashing around considerable quantities of money.

I suppose that in addition the regions could switch ground from time to time (Dragons occasionally playing in Pontypool, Blues in Merthyr etc) in order to plead their case to a greater range of locals but this might be overcomplicating things a tad.

In any case, dropping the names Cardiff and Newport won't necessarily change much. Ospreys have strived longer than the others to come across as neutral throughout their concerned area and yet draw arguably the most pitiful crowds of all.

Again sorry if I've misunderstood and taken a complete wrong turn in this debate...

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sat 14 Jan - 20:11

knowsit id love to see a couple of games played at pandy park, pontypool park, eugene cross!

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Moz Sat 14 Jan - 20:37

Casartelli wrote:Yeah - Llanelli, Cardiff and Newport fans, every year, are convinced they're about to turn the corner.

It just needs the youngsters coming through, a playmaker in midfield, a blindside with plenty of dog, Henson finding the form of 7 years ago.....

Fortunately, if you add them all together, judging by attendances, there's only about 15,000 of them in total.

Things may change this year.

Not forgetting the classic "Iv heard we may be signing a "world class" New Zealander later this season that will strengthen us Laugh

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sat 14 Jan - 20:42

Jimmy Moz wrote:
Be careful mate there are now 2 of us with common sense and ambition on this thread and I'm not sure their heads can take it...

Because another Ponty regions smacks of common sense..... laughing

You, Steffan and this gowales guy are hilarious. gowales made a few good points with his last post though.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sat 14 Jan - 20:47

All you bitter ponty fans do is post vitriol about the Regions all because you turned your back on your own Superclub and went bust. It is rather sad. As somebody said, you don't deserve a 'region' and you really allow people to make generalisations about Pontypridd rugby fans with your behaviour.

Enjoy life as a feeder club because it is not going to change. I suppose you can spit on our 4 regions when they are down though if it makes you feel better and then remember the time you had a mighty 5000 fans turn out to watch Pontypridd Vs Cardiff on new years day.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sat 14 Jan - 20:48

Jimmy you still haven't taken the hint where can you find the crowd figures published to warrant Regional rugby in Ponty. Did you go down the Brewery today to watch Bridgend 2nds beat your REGIONAL team.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Sat 14 Jan - 20:50

Morgannwg wrote:All you bitter ponty fans do is post vitriol about the Regions all because you turned your back on your own Superclub and went bust. It is rather sad. As somebody said, you don't deserve a 'region' and you really allow people to make generalisations about Pontypridd rugby fans with your behaviour.

Enjoy life as a feeder club because it is not going to change. I suppose you can spit on our 4 regions when they are down though if it makes you feel better and then remember the time you had a mighty 5000 fans turn out to watch Pontypridd Vs Cardiff on new years day.

WHEN THEY ARE DOWN!!!!????

Aside from the Ospreys' period of average competitiveness - when have they been anything else???

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sat 14 Jan - 20:51

Which just goes to show how long your bitterness has been Very Happy. Ponty are not Welsh rugbys priority, Welsh rugby is Welsh rugbys priority hehe!

Now stop being so selfish.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sat 14 Jan - 20:53

wayne wrote:Jimmy you still haven't taken the hint where can you find the crowd figures published to warrant Regional rugby in Ponty. Did you go down the Brewery today to watch Bridgend 2nds beat your REGIONAL team.

Hilarious. Did you not hear of the 5000 that turned up to watch Ponty play Cardiff RFC on new years day? Surely that warrants what Jimbob wants (in his mind anyway!).
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Sat 14 Jan - 20:56

Ponty is irrelevant (in rugby terms - not as a town, although the train station could do with a makeover).

It has to be a North, South, East, West based system, or it will never improve.

The superclub system is no better now than the old club system.

Ospreys - decent but failed in the big games. Cardiff - one good season due to NZ imports. Llanelli and Newport - dire.

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sat 14 Jan - 21:03

I disagree, it is FAR better than the old club system. For one, show us where any Region has conceded 70 plus points in the European competition?
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Sat 14 Jan - 21:10

Morgannwg wrote:I disagree, it is FAR better than the old club system. For one, show us where any Region has conceded 70 plus points in the European competition?

Fair point - if the benchmark of success is being less rubbish than we used to be - then we are ticking all the boxes.

Shame the rest of the rugby world don't care - and the crowds ain't flocking to see our improving level of mediocrity.

And we still struggle to produce one competitive superclub.

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sat 14 Jan - 21:18

No, they have always been competitive. Past two years aside, because they are rebuilding their teams via use of academy products. It seems the best results are from promoting from within rather that buying Marty Holah's and Jerry Collins' - There aren't enough players to spread across 12 clubs, nor 5 (yet).

If you see Alyn's first post, he pointed out it was to benefit the National game and showed how it has done.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next