The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RAW House Show Spoilers

+3
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
sodhat
AberdeenSteve
7 posters

Go down

RAW House Show Spoilers Empty RAW House Show Spoilers

Post by AberdeenSteve Mon 16 Jan 2012, 7:50 am

Primo & Epico captured the WWE Tag Titles from champions Air Boom (Kofi Kingston & Evan Bourne) at a Raw house show Sunday in Oakland, California.

The rare title change at a non-televised event followed a series of false title changes on house shows for the past few weeks. The finish would be Primo & Epico capturing the titles before a referee would over-rule the finish, setting up Kofi & Bourne to retain once the match was re-started.

Epico hyped the title change on Twitter Sunday night, saying, "We came, we saw, we conquered!! And tonight Primo and Epico are the new WWE Tag Team Champions!" Their valet, Rosa Mendes, also tweeted, "Guess who the new tag team Champions are!!??WE ARE!!! WE BEAT AIRBOOM in Oakland!! I will remember this day forever!"

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

RAW House Show Spoilers Empty Re: RAW House Show Spoilers

Post by sodhat Mon 16 Jan 2012, 9:18 am

Always a strange one to see the titles switch on a house show, and it makes you wonder why no TV time could be found for this match.

Are they protecting Kofi/Evan or are they punishing them (more accurately, punishing Evan)?

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Mon 16 Jan 2012, 10:27 am

I'd like to see Kofi back on his own and gain a real push. I think he's criminally under-rated

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 16 Jan 2012, 10:33 am

Wont be the first time the tag title changed hands at a house show. If memory serves me right thats how The Miz and Morrison won their titles.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 16 Jan 2012, 11:49 am

It's good they do this at hoiuses occassionally, it gives the fans hope that they might see something of relevance at these events, I'd rather see Bourne team with Justin Gabriel and Kofi pushed up to upper midcard

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Ritsos Mon 16 Jan 2012, 12:19 pm

Evan failed the Wellness Policy and was banned for 30 days a while back. Maybe he's failed it again??? If its the case wouldn't be surprised if hes sacked in the near future.

Ritsos

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Tue 17 Jan 2012, 10:25 am

Samo wrote:Wont be the first time the tag title changed hands at a house show. If memory serves me right thats how The Miz and Morrison won their titles.

yes they did, london and kendrick also won tag titles on a house show on tour of south africa

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Jan 2012, 11:10 am

Didn't Bret Hart win his first World Title from Ric Flair on a non televised event?

Also think Diesel defeated Bob Backlund to win the tile at a non tv event.

However both of these occurred at a time when I think Raw was the only weekly TV show, and also there was only 5 PPVS a year (RR, WM. KOTR, SSlam, SSeries).

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:31 pm

I knew as soon as I saw Ryder complain of injury he'd drop the title so I guess that's why they had the Tags dropped at a house, they wouldn't have wanted two title changes on the same show

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Tue 17 Jan 2012, 8:24 pm

January 17, 2012 STAMFORD, Conn., January 17, 2012 – In accordance with its Talent Wellness Program, WWE (NYSE:WWE) has suspended Matthew Korklan (Evan Bourne®) for 60 days effective Tuesday, January 17 for his second violation of the company’s policy.
http://corporate.wwe.com/news/2012/2012_01_17.jsp

Last chance for bourne then?

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down