The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

11 cricketers you would love to hit

+17
Full Credit
msp83
Demon Racer
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Pal Joey
Biltong
Liam_Main
rich1uk
Stella
kwinigolfer
Mike Selig
Mad for Chelsea
Hoggy_Bear
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Galted
Fists of Fury
dummy_half
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

11 cricketers you would love to hit - Page 2 Empty 11 cricketers you would love to hit

Post by Guest Mon 16 Jan 2012, 5:17 pm

First topic message reminder :

if there was a test side full of players who you would want to hit because they drive you crazy or are nasty, etc.....or for whatever reason you would want to, what would they be....this would be mine

1.Geoffrey Boycott (get on with it, your selfish)
2.Justin Langer( get on with it, instead of trying to start on every bowler in world cricket)
3.Ricky Ponting (no reasons needed)
4.Inzaam ul-haq (really making too much of a big deal over the ball tampering issue)
5.Andrew Symondss ( idiot full stop)
6.Grant Elliott (acted like a muppet after sidebottom 'rugby tackled' him. Leading to a run out.
7.Brendon McCullum (cant stand the man.)
8.Shane Warne (tough one, but he could be brilliant, or he could be a total t**t)
9.Harbajhan Singh (dont need a reason the man is a pillock)
10.Glenn McGrath (aussies arent gonna win 5-0 every time)
11.Mohammed Asif (drugs,spot fixing, and to be honest the man is just trouble, he is banned from dubai!)

Back to top Go down

11 cricketers you would love to hit - Page 2 Empty Re: 11 cricketers you would love to hit

Post by Galted Wed 18 Jan 2012, 8:37 am

Anderson's got one of those smug boy-band faces. Can imagine him on x-factor which is enough reason to hit someone in the first place.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

11 cricketers you would love to hit - Page 2 Empty Re: 11 cricketers you would love to hit

Post by Biltong Wed 18 Jan 2012, 8:43 am

Galted I feel that way about Broad, wouldn't mind having a bash at making him cry.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 18 Jan 2012, 8:47 am

I'll take Swann then. Knock some confidence outta him.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 18 Jan 2012, 8:48 am

Just break one of his fingers, and he'll have to bowl like Harris. Laugh
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 18 Jan 2012, 8:58 am

Now that is cruel. Half injure him and then throw him back out there. Laugh

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Full Credit Wed 18 Jan 2012, 9:09 am

biltongbek wrote:
Full Credit wrote:
biltongbek wrote:Oh, I forgot Ian Healy - "Well bowled Shaney" hell he sounds like he needs a nasal drip.

Come off it Biltong, "Well Bowled Shaney"? I think it was mostly either "Bowling Shane" or "Bowling Warney". Occasionally you got a "good area Shane" or a "Like it Warney", sometimes maybe a "Nice Shane" or a "Yes Warney" but never a "Shaney"!

I wonder if Liz Hurley gives him anywhere near as much encouragement as Heals used to?

Full credit, whatever he said it sounded like he needed help. That nasal sounding A just got on my nerves. steam

I agree Biltong, it did get old pretty quickly despite the fact I was generally in agreeance with the goodness of the area. I'm sure it was intended to drive the batsman mad it also had the spillover effect of sh*ting everyone watching it.

Full Credit

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 18 Jan 2012, 9:10 am

Would be funny if we all got our chance to hit them & they beat us up.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 18 Jan 2012, 9:14 am

Maybe there should be a thread - "11 cricketers you wouldn't want to get beat up by".

Symonds, Walsh would be in there... Beefy in his prime. Lance Kleusener Laugh

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Wed 18 Jan 2012, 10:37 am

Linebreaker wrote:Maybe there should be a thread - "11 cricketers you wouldn't want to get beat up by".

Symonds, Walsh would be in there... Beefy in his prime. Lance Kleusener Laugh

Gatting if you beat him to the lunch buffet...

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Wed 18 Jan 2012, 9:36 pm

G.Boycott - Slap some urgency into him.
C.Tavare - Same.
P.Collingwood - Even more so.
J.Trott - In ODI's - Slap and a punch, oh and a kick too Very Happy.
S.Sreesanth - Slap the big baby.
J.Langer - Punch the angry twit.
S.Tendulka - Slap a team ethic into him.
S.Pollock - Slap the arrogance out of him.
R.Ponting - Smack some humility into him.
S.Broad - Slap the big baby out of him.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Jan 2012, 7:28 pm

Hello

Very Happy

This is a good thread. I wish I knew more about cricket so I could join in Sad

ghost

emancipator - intergalatic expert on tennis, boxing, trees, cows and mud.

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 21 Jan 2012, 7:37 pm

emancipator wrote:Hello

Well then perhaps you could explain to me the difference between mud and slush?
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by gboycottnut Sat 21 Jan 2012, 7:57 pm

What about Douglas Jardine?

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Jan 2012, 8:00 pm

im guessing you dont agree with boycott selection :P

Back to top Go down

Post by gboycottnut Sat 21 Jan 2012, 8:18 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:im guessing you dont agree with boycott selection :P

What about Bill Lawry's player as the best ever batsmen in World Cricket, Ian Chappell. Surely he must rank as the highest candidate of all cricketers whom one would love to hit.

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 22 Jan 2012, 3:47 am

Remember the Adelaide carpark incident with Beefy? Laugh

Tony Greig - for being a total clown during the Centenary Test when he ran about like a giraffe with arthritis

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by gboycottnut Sun 22 Jan 2012, 10:53 am

Linebreaker wrote:Remember the Adelaide carpark incident with Beefy? 11 cricketers you would love to hit - Page 2 810156456

Tony Greig - for being a total clown during the Centenary Test when he ran about like a giraffe with arthritis

No, what happened?

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 22 Jan 2012, 11:31 am

A few words were exchanged in the carpark and a cameraman had to stand in between them.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricket/international/theashes/8185931/The-Ashes-2010-Sir-Ian-Botham-and-Ian-Chappell-clash-in-Adelaide-car-park.html

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 22 Jan 2012, 11:37 am

Wasn't it where chappell insulted the queen and beefy decked him or attempted to at any case?

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gboycottnut Sun 22 Jan 2012, 11:39 am

Linebreaker wrote:A few words were exchanged in the carpark and a cameraman had to stand in between them.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricket/international/theashes/8185931/The-Ashes-2010-Sir-Ian-Botham-and-Ian-Chappell-clash-in-Adelaide-car-park.html

Would have been hilarious if it was someone like Richie Benaud standing in between them, and the cameraman was capturing the whole incident!

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 22 Jan 2012, 11:40 am

Not sure about the Queen... I think it went back further than that. Wasn't there another argument in a bar many years before? There was definitely some unfinished business between the two and it flared up again in 2010.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by gboycottnut Sun 22 Jan 2012, 11:45 am

Linebreaker wrote:Not sure about the Queen... I think it went back further than that. Wasn't there another argument in a bar many years before? There was definitely some unfinished business between the two and it flared up again in 2010.

In a bar during the Melbourne Centenary Test in 1977 when Botham was still uncapped at test level, and Chappell made some disparaging, insulting remarks about the England cricket team. Aparently Botham punched Chappell so hard that Chappell fell off his stool. That would have been a very hilarious moment for a cameraman to capture!

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 22 Jan 2012, 11:46 am

I think it was 75 or 76 something about england maybe but I'm sure there was an insult to the queen somewhere (allegedly). Cant read report at work - i got banned from Telegraph then all the rest for using it too much Laugh

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 22 Jan 2012, 11:49 am

Its on cricinfo - handbags in another car park. Should just have them airlifted into the grounds to prevent them getting into a car park.

http://blogs.espncricinfo.com/robslobs/archives/2007/10/both_v_chappelli_part_31.php

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 22 Jan 2012, 11:53 am

Sorry mate - got it mixed up - the queen incuident was with an aussie comic prior to world cup 92 final. He and gooch walked out. Botham described the comic as "some poofter gay guy" Laugh What I wouldn't give for that to be caught on tape.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sun 22 Jan 2012, 12:35 pm

KP...

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Jan 2012, 1:07 pm

Gregers wrote:KP...

what a suprise Hug

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Jan 2012, 2:20 pm

biltongbek wrote:
emancipator wrote:Hello

Well then perhaps you could explain to me the difference between mud and slush?

Oh dear Child bil-tong-bek,

I am the emancipator

I have been entrusted with the secrets of the Universe. Such knowledge is indeed dangerous in the wrong hands. Ye must travel many long leagues in the quest for enlightenment before thou shalt be considered for inauguration into the potential disciples list.

The dark and cavernous secrets of mud and his sister slush are not suitable for the consumption of mere mortals.

Praaaaaaaaaay for salvation.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallelujaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Im-mooooooor-taaaaaaaaaa-li-ty, I make my journey through e-teeeeeeer-ni-ty Erm

ghost

emancipator - may the serve be with you

Back to top Go down

Post by gboycottnut Sun 22 Jan 2012, 4:01 pm

"10.Glenn McGrath (aussies arent gonna win 5-0 every time)"

In Glenn McGrath's case there is no need to hit him. All that is needed is to place a cricket ball somewhere in the outfield and hope that he stands on it.

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2