The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pick a player from each other 6 nations team for your own

+38
Rory_Gallagher
red_stag
Chjw131
Gatts
whocares
Steven_Sharks
J_D
B91212
Notch
Mickado
Looseheaded
nathan
bsando
flankertye
formerly known as Sam
bedfordwelsh
BlueNote
ChequeredJersey
RDW
IanBru
funnyExiledScot
RuggerRadge2611
dogtooth
SecretFly
thomh
westisbest
wales606
Equo Troiano
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Breadvan
Bathite
Geordie
dummy_half
KickAndChase
rodders
overlordofthewest
geoff998rugby
munkian
42 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pick a player from each other 6 nations team for your own Empty Pick a player from each other 6 nations team for your own

Post by munkian Wed 18 Jan 2012, 10:39 am

Bored in work, waiting for Welsh Squad to be announced so I thought I'd start a new topic

Pick a player from each other 6 nations team for your own - e.g I support Wales so I'll pick a player from England,Ireland,Scotland,Italy,France I wouldnt mind in the Welsh line up.

My selections might not be spot on, more interested in other people's opinion's really

England - Ben Morgan Very Happy

Ireland - Our back row will do fine I think so I'll go with Bowe to accompany Mr George North

Scotland - Shingler Oops... Hmm... I like Duncan Weir - good solid fly half but would go with Gray to cover our Lock crisis

France - Probably Harinordoquy. Enough said

Italy - Sergio Parisse
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Pick a player from each other 6 nations team for your own Empty Re: Pick a player from each other 6 nations team for your own

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jan 2012, 10:42 am

So, with Morgan, Parisse, Harinordoquy and Faletau you'll be pretty much ok for 8s then Wink

Might be a bit of a waste having 3 of them on the bench!

Back to top Go down

Pick a player from each other 6 nations team for your own Empty Re: Pick a player from each other 6 nations team for your own

Post by geoff998rugby Wed 18 Jan 2012, 10:46 am

So your backrow is ok and you therefore ignore Heaslip, Ferris and SOB and then you select Parisse and Hari - both 8's Headscratch

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed 18 Jan 2012, 10:46 am

SafeAsMilk wrote:So, with Morgan, Parisse, Harinordoquy and Faletau you'll be pretty much ok for 8s then Wink

Might be a bit of a waste having 3 of them on the bench!

Hmmm.... good point Very Happy Replace Parisse with one of the many talented French kickers then - Yachvili - name even sounds Welsh Wales
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff998rugby Wed 18 Jan 2012, 10:47 am

Wales - Warburton
Scotland - Gray
France - Parra
Italy - Castro
England - Manu

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by overlordofthewest Wed 18 Jan 2012, 10:54 am

England - Foden
Ireland - Ferris
Scotland - Gray
Italy - Castro
France - Vincent Clerk

overlordofthewest

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 18 Jan 2012, 10:55 am

Wales: Jamie Roberts
Scotland: Euan Murray
France: Dusitoir
Italy: Parisse
England: Manu Tuilagi

Cheers! Very Happy
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by KickAndChase Wed 18 Jan 2012, 10:59 am

Good topic. Nice to see the awesome job you have 'waiting for the Welsh squad to be announced.' Must be pretty easy & lots of early evenings once the 6N is underway.

My team's Scotland.

I would have taken Ashton or North but we're getting Visser soon so that's not going to be a problem. What we do need is a functioning 9 - 10 - 12 axis.

So I'd take Sexton from Ireland. I think I might take Roberts from Wales and turn him into a 12 ... that or I'd take Davies. We'd then have Laidlaw at 9 for the future and suddenly have enough depth at 10 and 12.

Then we could do with some depth in our pack, so I'd take Parisse, Corbisiero and one of the French second rows (I forget their names, but the ones that played in the 6Ns ... I'll take whichever's younger!).

The Hartley decision is probably terrible

KickAndChase

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Wed 18 Jan 2012, 11:00 am

From an England perspective, and assuming that we have our first choice XV fit (so with Flood, Tuillagi etc available), the guys I'd want to improve our team are:

Wales - Roberts (also considered Priestland, but don't think he's as much better than Flood as Roberts is over any of our 12s)

Scotland - Ford (again, a toss up with Richie Gray)

Ireland - O'Connell

France - Dusatoir. Every team needs a crazy tackling machine in the back row.

Italy - Parisse. Not many teams he wouldn't improve.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by KickAndChase Wed 18 Jan 2012, 11:01 am

To make my last post more reader friendly:

Scotland

Ireland - Sexton
Wales - Roberts
Italy - Parisse
England - Corbisiero
France - One of the 2nd rows

KickAndChase

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 18 Jan 2012, 11:04 am

For England i would go with the below....
Almost the spine of the team...but also bring in a top notch Captain and VC...

1 Corbs
2 Ghiraldini (Italy)
3 Cole
4 Gray (Scotland)
5 O'Connell (Ireland) VC
6 Wood / Robshaw
7 Dusutoir (France) C
8 Morgan

9 Youngs
10 Flood
11 Sharples
12 Roberts (wales)
13 Tuilagi
14 Ashton
15 Foden

Last edited by GeordieFalcon on Wed 18 Jan 2012, 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed 18 Jan 2012, 11:05 am

Good topic. Nice to see the awesome job you have 'waiting for the Welsh squad to be announced.' Must be pretty easy & lots of early evenings once the 6N is underway

I work in IT - we have turn it on and off again on auto repeat thumbsup

It'll get busy now, you've jinxed it Doh
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by KickAndChase Wed 18 Jan 2012, 11:11 am

munkian wrote:
Good topic. Nice to see the awesome job you have 'waiting for the Welsh squad to be announced.' Must be pretty easy & lots of early evenings once the 6N is underway

I work in IT - we have turn it on and off again on auto repeat thumbsup

It'll get busy now, you've jinxed it Doh

I can't talk. I work from home. Beer at 11am anyone?

KickAndChase

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Wed 18 Jan 2012, 11:11 am

As an england fan I thought about some players I would love to be English, like POC, Jones, Jenkins, Warburton, Clerc, Medard. But in the end, I went for stand out players in the positions I think we are weakest Second and Back rows and 10/12.

Ireland: Was tempted with POC - A great leader, a great player, huge experience, which we lack and can run a lineout. However, I think that Sexton would bring more to the team, such a good all round game.

Wales: Roberts - Was tempted with Gethin to help out at LH, but with a lack of experience at 12, Roberts is a great option and would be a nice combo with Manu I think

Scotland: Probably Richie Gray, to help with our lock situation.

Italy: Parisse, simply world class and we don't have a stand out 8 (Morgan completely untried)

France: Dusatoir, again simply world class and would sort out the 7 shirt and give good balance to the back row. A big game player with plenty of experience

Giving a team of:

Corbisiero
Hartley
Cole
Gray
Lawes
Robshaw
Dusatoir
Parisse

Youngs
Sexton
Ashton
Roberts
Tuilagi
Sharples
Foden

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Wed 18 Jan 2012, 11:14 am

Wales- Warburton
Ireland- Ferris
Scotland- Gray
Italy- Parisse
France- Clerc
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 18 Jan 2012, 11:17 am

Its curious that many England selections are predominantly in the pack....and the backs are largely left alone....

Thats a big switch from the last number of years where we have been crying out for backs....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 18 Jan 2012, 11:20 am

Ireland - Sexton
Wales - North
Italy - Parisse
England - Foden
France - Trinh-Duc

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed 18 Jan 2012, 11:25 am

Godo answers guys, keep em coming thumbsup

Looks like Dr Bob is in demand
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Equo Troiano Wed 18 Jan 2012, 11:32 am

Its also curious that many would take Roberts in the back line but that he seems to attract little but criticism from the Welsh supporters for being too slow with regards to his distribution.

Equo Troiano

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed 18 Jan 2012, 11:34 am

Equo Troiano wrote:Its also curious that many would take Roberts in the back line but that he seems to attract little but criticism from the Welsh supporters for being too slow with regards to his distribution.

He was better during the World Cup - his best ever form was with BOD during the Lions tour
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Wed 18 Jan 2012, 11:35 am

For Wales

Ireland - Sexton (we need someone other than Biggar to compete with Preistland)

England - Foden (we need cover in the back 3)

France - Parra

Italy - Parisse (would really strengthen a full strength bench to have Parrise or Faletau on it)

Scotland - Euan Murray (Adam Jones back up)

1. Gethin Jenkins
2. Matthew Rees
3. Adam Jones
4. Bradley Davies
5. Ritchie Gray
6. Dan Lydiate
7. Sam Warburton
8. Sergio Parrise
9. Morgan Parra
10. Rhys Preistland
11. George North
12. Jamie Roberts
13. Jonathon Davies
14. Leigh Halfpenny
15. Ben Foden

16. Euan Murray
17. Huw Bennett
18. Ryan Jones
19. Toby Faletau
20. Mike Phillips
21. Jonathon Sexton
22. Scott Williams
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 18 Jan 2012, 11:38 am

Eng - Foden
Fra - Parra
Ita - Parisse
Sco - Ansbro
Wal - Priestland

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 18 Jan 2012, 11:40 am

Equo Troiano wrote:Its also curious that many would take Roberts in the back line but that he seems to attract little but criticism from the Welsh supporters for being too slow with regards to his distribution.

Not really, based on the RWC he is the outstanding 12 in world rugby along with Nonu. Wales game plan is built around his ability to smash them over the gainline and so far no one has found a way to stop him. He showed on the Lions tour what a well rounded player he is and he's still only 24/5.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by thomh Wed 18 Jan 2012, 11:45 am

roddersm wrote:Wales: Jamie Roberts
England: Manu Tuilagi

Brutal centre partnership.

France: Yachvili or Parra (would have been Dusatoir, but I'm making back row choices from other teams)
Ireland: Healey (for the moment, with Sheridan out and Marler still young)
Italy: Parisse (who else?)
Scotland: Gray (we've had second row injuries)
Wales: Warburton (the type of player we've been missing for years)

thomh

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 18 Jan 2012, 11:46 am

England - Tuilagi (you never can be too short of explosive linebreakers)

France - Médard (never can be too short of a player named Médard)

Italy - Bergamasco (Italy do have more than one player who would benefit by playing in a higher ranked team)

Scotland - Duncan Weir (for penalty kicks awarded to us on our own tryline!! Wink)

Wales - Nah, don't need none of them fancy lads.

Kidding!! - Let me see, who would I pick from that lot of hot-headed, hot-blooded thoroughbreds??? Probably won't even make the Welsh team and therefore they won't miss him - Hook. Wales seem to have a love/HATE relationship with the man, but I think Ireland could find him a role.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by thomh Wed 18 Jan 2012, 11:47 am

What would be quite interesting would be to do an NFL-style draft on here of all the uncapped players in the 6N squad, and see who ended up where. Probably wouldn't work though - only one fan from each team would be able to take part and people would mostly choose their own players anyway, largely as they wouldn't have seen the others enough.

thomh

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Wed 18 Jan 2012, 11:50 am

i would take richie gray. wales are a bit short on locks at the moment.
bowe would free up 1/2p for fullback duties
castrogiovani would be excelent cover

Last edited by dogtooth on Wed 18 Jan 2012, 9:50 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : edited for colour)
dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff998rugby Wed 18 Jan 2012, 11:55 am

So my Ireland team would be

Healy
Best
Castro (Italy)
Gray (Scotland)
O'Connell
Ferris
Heaslip/O'Brien
Warburton(Wales)
Parra(France)
Sexton
Manu (England)
O'Driscoll
Bowe/Trimble/Earls/Fitzgerald - any 2 from 4
Kearney

I am assuming everyone fit.

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed 18 Jan 2012, 12:00 pm

Scottish Fan so here goes :

1. Jacobson
2. Ford
3. Murray
4. Gray
5. Hamilton
6. Brown
7. Rennie
8. Denton

9. Laidlaw
10. Sexton (IRE)
11. Lamont
12. Roberts (WAL)
13. Canale (ITA)
14. Medard (FRA)
15. Foden (ENG)

Kind of a Damning appraisal of our backs at Scotland when I would pick all backs for my team......
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 18 Jan 2012, 12:06 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:Ireland - Sexton
Wales - North
Italy - Parisse
England - Foden
France - Trinh-Duc

Swap Trinh-Duc for Mermoz and this would be my list as well. Covers some key areas where we are weak.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 18 Jan 2012, 12:09 pm

Kind of a Damning appraisal of our backs at Scotland when I would pick all backs for my team.......

Rugger...damning but realistic...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 18 Jan 2012, 12:20 pm

On the hand hand - great praise for our forwards Very Happy

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by thomh Wed 18 Jan 2012, 12:28 pm

RuggerRadge

Nice colouring. Here's my England team then:

1. Healey
2. Hartley
3. Cole
4. Gray
5. Lawes
6. Robshaw
7. Warburton
8. Parisse

9. Yachvili/Parra
11. Sharples
10. Flood
12. Farrell
13. EDIT: Tuilagi. Wrote Twelvetrees. Must have got distracted thinking about who to play at 12
14. Ashton
15. Foden

I can't think of another time in history when England would be more jealous of other teams' forwards than backs.

thomh

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Wed 18 Jan 2012, 12:53 pm

For Scotland
10. Sexton
11. McLean
12. Roberts
13. Tuilagi
15. Medard

Incidentally, here's a XXII based on the responses above:
1. Healey
2. Ford
3. Castrogiovanni
4. O'Connell
5. Gray
6. Dusautoir
7. Warburton
8. Parisse

9. Parra
10. Sexton
11. North
12. Roberts
13. Tuilagi
14. Bowe
15. Foden

16. Ghiraldini
17. Murray
18. Nallet
19. Ferris
20. Yachvilli
21. Weir
22. Medard
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed 18 Jan 2012, 12:57 pm

Hell of a squad !
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 18 Jan 2012, 1:43 pm

No surprise that would probably be most people's dream team for the 6N!

Not sure about yours RuggerRadge - I'd much rather have Parisse or Castro with De Luca/Ansbro in the centre than have Canale, who ain't much better than our current options!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed 18 Jan 2012, 1:46 pm

For me, as an Englishman (I am assuming our current injuries still apply)-

France- Mas
Ireland- Sexton
Wales- Warbuton
Scotland- Gray
Italy- Parisse

Though I'd consider changing Parisse and Mas for Harinordiquay and Castro
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueNote Wed 18 Jan 2012, 1:59 pm

For Wales:

England: Foden (back 3: Foden, North, 1/2p - I'd like to see that)

Italy: Castrogiovanni

Scotland: Richie Gray

Ireland: tough call between O'Connell, O'Brien (at 6) and Heaslip; given our current injuries: O'Connell

France: Parra (at 9)

BlueNote

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 18 Jan 2012, 2:59 pm

For Wales

England - Would have Foden

Italy - Parrisse but would still start with Faletau

Scotland - Gray

Ireland - POC

Frnace - Parra
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed 18 Jan 2012, 3:05 pm

I was tempted by Foden if he wasn't such an arrogant flid. Not a huge Saints fan - but thats a different thread alltogether.

In review I'd prob take POC over Bowe - we have good wing cover - could do with another big nasty lock- would work well with Bradley
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed 18 Jan 2012, 3:45 pm

IanBru wrote:

1. Healey
2. Ford
3. Castrogiovanni
4. O'Connell
5. Gray
6. Dusautoir
7. Warburton
8. Parisse

I would not fancy packing down against that lot! Erm
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Wed 18 Jan 2012, 3:50 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:

That's hilarious!

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 18 Jan 2012, 4:52 pm

England.

Expecting a Line up of;

1.Corbs - Healy
2.Hartley - Ford
3.Cole
4.Attwood - POC
5.Parling
6.Croft
7.Robshaw - Parise (unorthodox but I bet it would work)
8.Morgan
9.Youngs
10.Flood - Priestland (Flood could then go and play for Tigers, win/win, well for Tigers fans anyway)
11.Strettle - Medard
12.Barritt
13.Manu
14.Ashton
15.Foden

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by flankertye Wed 18 Jan 2012, 5:25 pm

Ireland - sexton
Wales - Roberts
Scotland - Grey
France - Picamoles
Italy - Castro

flankertye

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 18 Jan 2012, 5:27 pm

Bathite wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:

That's hilarious!

Bath,

May well be but personal choice. Parisse is world class there's no doubt about it but I honestly believe Faletau will get there sooner rather than later and he's only just 21

Last edited by bedfordwelsh on Wed 18 Jan 2012, 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by flankertye Wed 18 Jan 2012, 5:29 pm

Intresting that NO ONE wants croft...

flankertye

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Wed 18 Jan 2012, 5:33 pm

Wales - Roberts
Ireland - Bowe
England - Foden
Italy - Parisse
France - Trinh-duc

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Wed 18 Jan 2012, 5:34 pm

munkian wrote:I was tempted by Foden if he wasn't such an arrogant flid. Not a huge Saints fan - but thats a different thread alltogether.

In review I'd prob take POC over Bowe - we have good wing cover - could do with another big nasty lock- would work well with Bradley

Strange, i've never seen or heard of Foden coming across as arrogant in any interviews or on the pitch. In fact quite the opposite. This coming from a Leicester fan!

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Wed 18 Jan 2012, 5:47 pm

For Wales
Ireland- Cian Healy (Age 24). Gethin is inevitably going to retire at some point, and atm we lack a great replacement, and he's young enough and talented enough to become phenomenal.
England- Dan Cole. Same reasons as for Cian Healy (Age 24), except for a tighthead option following Adam's farewell.
Italy- We don't particularly need an 8 but obviously it's got to be Sergio Parisse (age 27).
France- Maxime Medard (Age 25). Would be a quality addition to any squad, and with him in the back three we could field him, Halfpenny and North in almost any particular order.
Scotland- Richie Gray (Age 22). Simply in my eyes the best player in the Scottish squad, and would add more depth to our already pretty good stock of second rows.

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Wed 18 Jan 2012, 6:07 pm

I'm a little choked up that so many people are picking Sexton, I mean I knew he was good, I just didn't know everyone else knew how good!

Ok for Ireland I'll take

Scotland - Richie Gray - so good already and he's only a cherub
England - Dan Cole
Wales - Doctor Robert(s)
France - Thierry Dusautoir
Italy - Tommaso Benvenuti

OK

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next