The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIARRITZ OLYMPIQUE PAYS BASQUE V OSPREYS - HEC round 6 - Sunday 22nd

+14
Knowsit17
whocares
Huwball
ystradosprey
Ospreydragon
flopspreys
glamorganalun
bedfordwelsh
majesticimperialman
wayne
Cari
gowales
Knackeredknees
maestegmafia
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Win, Lose or Draw?

BIARRITZ OLYMPIQUE PAYS BASQUE   V   OSPREYS - HEC round 6 - Sunday 22nd - Page 2 Vote_lcap56%BIARRITZ OLYMPIQUE PAYS BASQUE   V   OSPREYS - HEC round 6 - Sunday 22nd - Page 2 Vote_rcap 56% 
[ 5 ]
BIARRITZ OLYMPIQUE PAYS BASQUE   V   OSPREYS - HEC round 6 - Sunday 22nd - Page 2 Vote_lcap44%BIARRITZ OLYMPIQUE PAYS BASQUE   V   OSPREYS - HEC round 6 - Sunday 22nd - Page 2 Vote_rcap 44% 
[ 4 ]
BIARRITZ OLYMPIQUE PAYS BASQUE   V   OSPREYS - HEC round 6 - Sunday 22nd - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%BIARRITZ OLYMPIQUE PAYS BASQUE   V   OSPREYS - HEC round 6 - Sunday 22nd - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

BIARRITZ OLYMPIQUE PAYS BASQUE   V   OSPREYS - HEC round 6 - Sunday 22nd - Page 2 Empty BIARRITZ OLYMPIQUE PAYS BASQUE V OSPREYS - HEC round 6 - Sunday 22nd

Post by maestegmafia Sat 21 Jan 2012, 8:58 am

First topic message reminder :

BIARRITZ OLYMPIQUE PAYS BASQUE V OSPREYS
Sunday 22nd January 2012, KO 14:00

Parc des Sports Aguilera, Biarritz

Referee: Wayne Barnes

Coverage: SkySports 2 Red Button. As as BBC Radio Wales for updates.

Biarritz Team to face the Ospreys

I Balshaw; T Ngwenya, C Gimenez, D Traille, B Baby; J Peyrelongue, D Yachvili; F Barcella, A Heguy, S Marconnet, J Thion, M Carizza, W Lauret, B Guyot, I Harinordoquy (capt).

Replacements: R Terrain, E Guinazu, F Gomez Kodela, P Taele, F Faure, M Bosch, I Bolakoro, D Haylett-Petty.

Ospreys Team to Face Biarritz:

15 Barry Davies, 14 Tommy Bowe, 13 Andrew Bishop, 12 Ashley Beck, 11 Eli Walker, 10 Dan Biggar, 9 Rhys Webb, 1 Paul James, 2 Huw Bennett, 3 Adam Jones, 4 Ian Gough, 5 Ian Evans, 6 Tom Smith, 7 Justin Tipuric (Capt), 8 Jonathan Thomas.

Replacements: 16 Richard Hibbard, 17 Ryan Bevington, 18 Aaron Jarvis, 19 Ryan Jones, 20 Joe Bearman, 21 Kahn Fotuali'i, 22 Matthew Morgan, 23 Shane Williams.

Eli Walker makes his Heineken Cup debut, George Stowers is suspended

The following players were not considered because of injury:

James King - Ear
Richard Fussell - Ankle
Ben John - Groin
Joe Rees - Hamstring
Alun Wyn Jones - Foot
Gareth Owen - ACL
Nikki Walker - ACL

Scott Johnson wrote:
The focus among our group has been excellent this week. It's a big challenge that we face, but we know what we've got to do. There's no margin for error on Sunday. We'll know by kick-off time what we are playing for, if it's a Heineken Cup place or an Amlin place, but one thing you can guarantee is that we'll be giving it everything.

Biarritz is always a difficult place to go, any French club is the same, particularly when we're in a straight shoot-out for a qualification place. There's a little bit of history between us after that magnificent quarter-final match a couple of years ago, and I'd expect another good match. They are a damn good team, but so can we be if we get our jobs right on the day.

It's important that we represent the region well, our fans will be looking to see that last weekend wasn't a one-off. It was good to get some tries under our belt against difficult opponents that can be bloody tough to put away. We looked sharper, more clinical, but there's plenty of room for improvement yet and no one is under any illusions that we can get anything in Biarritz if we under perform. Everyone will have to be on top of their game, play well, know their roles, and if we get that right, we'll be hopeful of extending our European season into the knockout stages. I'm sure all our fans will be behind us on that score.

Played 2
Wins 1 Each
Losses 1 Each
Draws 0
Tries 4 Each
Conversions 3 Each

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

BIARRITZ OLYMPIQUE PAYS BASQUE   V   OSPREYS - HEC round 6 - Sunday 22nd - Page 2 Empty Re: BIARRITZ OLYMPIQUE PAYS BASQUE V OSPREYS - HEC round 6 - Sunday 22nd

Post by flopspreys Sun 22 Jan 2012, 3:26 pm

Very important Heineken cup match for the Blues and there is hardly anyone there!

flopspreys

Back to top Go down

BIARRITZ OLYMPIQUE PAYS BASQUE   V   OSPREYS - HEC round 6 - Sunday 22nd - Page 2 Empty Re: BIARRITZ OLYMPIQUE PAYS BASQUE V OSPREYS - HEC round 6 - Sunday 22nd

Post by Knowsit17 Sun 22 Jan 2012, 3:31 pm

For a Cardiff crowd it actually doesn't look too bad, that's from what I've seen so far.

Very good bits of play mingled with very silly errors so far by the Blues...and my stream's just frozen FFS.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Sun 22 Jan 2012, 3:42 pm

Flopspreys, bigballbag whatever username your using today...please stop referring to the Ospreys as we. Leave that to us long suffering fans who actually go to the Liberty. Instead of slating the team constantly dripping about attendances from your armchair down west.
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Sun 22 Jan 2012, 4:30 pm

Very Happy Smile Yahoo Whistle Wink

Happy Days
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sun 22 Jan 2012, 4:33 pm

Missed the game (thankfully), I took my daughter shopping for Monster high dolls to teach her about pocket money... not a bad game to miss by the look of the score line!
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Jan 2012, 4:34 pm

Crikey, that was some beating for the Ospreys.

Didn't see much of it, but seems like Balshaw had a good game and Ngwenya loves playing the Ospreys in the Heineken.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sun 22 Jan 2012, 4:36 pm

QuickBall wrote:i dont suppose anyone has an email that will be read by someone at the higher echelons of Ospreylia, where i can rant a little?

Use the Ospreys forum, it is read by the management, provided you aren't totally abusive.
What's posted on there is read by the OSC and they have meetings with the Ospreys board regularly to raise the concerns of the fans.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 23 Jan 2012, 11:06 am

Oh well, a young squad and a tough group. Well done saracens, Biarritz and Treviso. Everyone had moments of brilliance and moments of not so brilliant. The latter maybe is more than others.

Let's look forward to having a decent end to the rabbo 12 and next years HEC

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Tue 24 Jan 2012, 12:30 am

AlynDavies wrote:
QuickBall wrote:i dont suppose anyone has an email that will be read by someone at the higher echelons of Ospreylia, where i can rant a little?

Use the Ospreys forum, it is read by the management, provided you aren't totally abusive.
What's posted on there is read by the OSC and they have meetings with the Ospreys board regularly to raise the concerns of the fans.

I had a look on the forum and the supporters are calling for the coaches heads and raising a petition to rid the coaches. One of the posts has been deleted due to abusive language, I wounder why?

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2