The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+27
PJHolybloke
Mrs Penfro
eirebilly
Notch
Mick(TEFC)
MBTGOG
Luckless Pedestrian
Ozzy3213
Mickado
littleswannygirl
Pal Joey
Suspicious lurker
PenfroPete
prop_lyd
Hound_of_Harrow
Knowsit17
MrsP
perthshirepuma
Cari
Gibson
Rava
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Cymroglan
WillyGilly
red_stag
Glas a du
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
31 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 11 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Wed 25 Jan 2012, 5:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

This is the first Pub of 606v2's second year, here's hoping for another good one.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the pictures of Augustin Pichot, David Campese, Mal O'Kelly and Jim Williams above the bar!

clap Laugh Ale Yahoo RedWine cider guinness Erm laughing Bubbly mug cuppa Whisky

Last Pub: https://www.606v2.com/t22310p950-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub#893262

Last edited by Kiwireddevil on Tue 31 Jan 2012, 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 11 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 27 Jan 2012, 8:33 pm

I love Twitter at the moment. rarely go on Facebook any more. With Twitter you can interact with people without having to share as much of your life/information.

And you can talk completely random shoite like, and people love it!!!

Golden!
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 11 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by PJHolybloke Fri 27 Jan 2012, 8:35 pm

Rava wrote:I have signed up to Twitter. I follow some very famous people.

PC Pete is one. Mickado is another.

Exciting....... What PJ?

Cool Rava, smooth like treacle (got away with it I reckon The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 11 3610695981 )
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 27 Jan 2012, 8:37 pm

I've never met him but Keith Wood has always irritated me.

I reckon Ugo Monye would be a great fella to have a few pints with.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Fri 27 Jan 2012, 8:41 pm

red_stag wrote:I've never met him but Keith Wood has always irritated me.

I reckon Ugo Monye would be a great fella to have a few pints with.

Don't you go dissin' Uncle Fester Stag......

Ah, a StagWum?
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 27 Jan 2012, 8:42 pm

Staggy - I think Monye is teetotal. I think it's him anyway...I know one of the England players is - I remember reading about them and them saying they mentor the Alpha courses as well which surprised me.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Fri 27 Jan 2012, 8:42 pm

Ozzy3213 wrote:I love Twitter at the moment. rarely go on Facebook any more. With Twitter you can interact with people without having to share as much of your life/information.

Golden!

But surely that's just like.......

Errr....

Here?
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Fri 27 Jan 2012, 8:44 pm

My five to meet would be: -

Willie John (my sister knew him when he stayed in digs in Ballymoney).
Mike Gibson
Keith Wood
Mossie Keane (I know)
PC Pete
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 27 Jan 2012, 8:44 pm

Nah Keith Wood is annoying when he's doing punditry on the BBC. Always a bit of whine in store when Ireland lose.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 27 Jan 2012, 8:44 pm

No WUM, PJ he just irritates me slightly.

Cari - he may be teetotal but he comes across as very good craic (see Lions tour video) but he isn't an idiot plastered outside a chipper, demented drunk. He has his head on right, knows how to enjoy himself and I really admire his committment to Quins. Strikes me as the kind of guy proud of where he's from and with plenty of stories to share about Quins.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 27 Jan 2012, 8:45 pm

Fair enough Stag. It'd be a cheap round anyway. Smile

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 27 Jan 2012, 8:46 pm

PJHolybloke wrote:
Ozzy3213 wrote:I love Twitter at the moment. rarely go on Facebook any more. With Twitter you can interact with people without having to share as much of your life/information.

Golden!

But surely that's just like.......

Errr....

Here?

You said it fella, you said it.

Rava Hug (in an overtly manly of course)
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Fri 27 Jan 2012, 8:56 pm

red_stag wrote:No WUM, PJ he just irritates me slightly.

Cari - he may be teetotal but he comes across as very good craic (see Lions tour video) but he isn't an idiot plastered outside a chipper, demented drunk. He has his head on right, knows how to enjoy himself and I really admire his committment to Quins. Strikes me as the kind of guy proud of where he's from and with plenty of stories to share about Quins.

Fair enough, but for me Woody was the epitome of the '97 Lions tour.... along with Scott Gibbs, John ("I aren't no Dirt Tracker") Bentley and Simon Shaw dressed up like a backing dancer for Village People.

Great tour, great men, great memories.
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Fri 27 Jan 2012, 9:02 pm

Pete, got a nice LI shirt from young Mr Quinn today.

Probably the last one though as they are stopping all freebies due to over £1m losses
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 27 Jan 2012, 9:03 pm

Ah PJ a lot has changed in 15 years. Woody is now into his 40s and is no doubt a different character from the carefree 25 year old who belted out Wonderwall in a pub in Cape Town.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 27 Jan 2012, 9:12 pm

I suspect a huge tightening of belts at London Irish over the next few years Rava. We had roughly the same turnover as the Chiefs last year. They made a £600,000 profit, we made a £1,200,000 loss.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Fri 27 Jan 2012, 9:12 pm

red_stag wrote:Ah PJ a lot has changed in 15 years. Woody is now into his 40s and is no doubt a different character from the carefree 25 year old who belted out Wonderwall in a pub in Cape Town.

A different character maybe, I'll take your word for that as I don't get to see or hear much of him nowadays, but surely, where we all are is indelibly linked to where we've been and what we've done?

That being a given, Woody will always have a place on a pedestal in my memories.
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 27 Jan 2012, 9:14 pm

He certainly was a top top player.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 27 Jan 2012, 9:16 pm

I don't know if I'd want to go for pints with any of my rugby heroes. An interesting conversation happens when both parties have things in common and an equal interest in each other.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Fri 27 Jan 2012, 9:16 pm

red_stag wrote:He certainly was a top top player.

Stag he was the epitome of what it meant to play for your country. Such passion for a fly half having to wear the No 2 shirt.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Fri 27 Jan 2012, 9:18 pm

One of my top five 2's of all time.
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Fri 27 Jan 2012, 9:21 pm

Notch wrote:I don't know if I'd want to go for pints with any of my rugby heroes. An interesting conversation happens when both parties have things in common and an equal interest in each other.

Feckin good point well made right there. The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 11 1145808659

I'd probably just sit and stare at 'em like a stalker-freak. Shocked
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 27 Jan 2012, 9:25 pm

PJHolybloke wrote:One of my top five 2's of all time.

So he was a 10 then?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 27 Jan 2012, 9:26 pm

*Hides under the table*

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 27 Jan 2012, 9:27 pm

Rava, thats very true. I guess its a generation thing. Woody had retired by the time I was 15 years old.

Notch, I was sat beside an ex-Ulster player who is now playing for Connacht recently. We had a great chat hardly mentioning rugby. He told me that he was waiting to see if he got picked for the Wolfhounds and if not he was thinking of going on holidays. We were just talking about holidays in general and then films.

I was talking to another Connacht player on the way back who played in London for several years. We were talking about how it is to be living one place when your missus is in another place.

They are just people. Some love movies, some love music, some love soccer or nature or whatever.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 27 Jan 2012, 9:33 pm

Aye, thats true. But then- the reason I'd be going to meet them would be their job, what they do for a living. Not who they are as people, which I don't actually know anything about. That's why it would be strange.

Not sure if I'm expressing that right?
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 27 Jan 2012, 9:33 pm

furious mad steam FUC KING PHO NE! furious mad steam

That's better. Back on line but the last year of Miss G's photos are lost. My wife's got my old phone so I have most of my contacts, but could you what ave given me your numbers text them to me again. Please. Thank you.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Fri 27 Jan 2012, 9:34 pm

MHRC thrash stade Francais 38-6;SF can't travel,30+ points against in away games
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 27 Jan 2012, 9:41 pm

Cari wrote:No need for me to answer that Gibbo....besides I don't drink, so going for pints isn't an option Wink

OK, you should answer it. Pints is an expression. Just sit down and have.. no - we need pints.

Cari's perfect coffee-morning...
1. Tommy Bowe
2. Schlong
3. Rob Kearney
4. Fergus Mcfadden
5. Gibbo - as a mental condom.

Close? coffee cake
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Fri 27 Jan 2012, 9:42 pm

MrsP wrote:
PJHolybloke wrote:One of my top five 2's of all time.

So he was a 10 then?

Yes MrsP, whatever you say MrsP, by-the-way MrsP, Lucky's over there under that table.
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Fri 27 Jan 2012, 9:43 pm

Like feckin see ya folks, all the best Lucky. The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 11 2211252749
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 27 Jan 2012, 9:44 pm

Oh.

I see him alright!

He'll keep!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 27 Jan 2012, 9:46 pm

MrsP wrote:Oh.

I see him alright!

He'll keep!

You sound so hard. Thats the Norniron coming out in you Shocked
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 27 Jan 2012, 9:47 pm

Golden!

The 606 Pub (pre-Twitter) - beats that into a pulp. Bit restricted, what with the Mods and all. Ah weel. Cant be helped. Ale
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 27 Jan 2012, 9:49 pm

This is the new Ulster!

Suck up all the hurt and use it!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Fri 27 Jan 2012, 9:52 pm

Gibson wrote:

Golden!

The 606 Pub (pre-Twitter) - beats that into a pulp. Bit restricted, what with the Mods and all. Ah weel. Cant be helped. Ale

Feic, I remember when people actually had to meet to converse. Maybe this online thingy isn't all it's cut out to be.
I know I feel a lot more comfortable having actually met most of the people in here.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 27 Jan 2012, 9:52 pm

PJHolybloke wrote:Also, can I just deliver a massive The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 11 1710857839 The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 11 291114 for Penfro, his Ma's in hospital and recovering from a nasty invasive op, and he STILL manages to make life easy for me by posting his TV guide.

Slim Pickins (didn't he do country?) for us Sky viewers this weekend, but I'll make a special effort for Bath v Northampton in the Little-Value Cup and the Wolfhounds v Saxons straight after for the feck of it.

Thanks Penfro, ya legend. The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 11 1145808659 The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 11 769663

+1 Like a BIG one. I met the Lady. Talked to her on the phone. Always asks me if Im wearing me thermals, to keep warm. Even in Summer. Gorgeous Lady
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Fri 27 Jan 2012, 9:54 pm

MrsP wrote:This is the new Ulster!

laughing Doesn't sound very new to me? Or maybe 300+ years isn't such a long time. Wink
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Fri 27 Jan 2012, 9:55 pm

ASM site page;interesting ad top right;Is THIS new Ulster? thumbsup

http://www.asm-rugby.com/120127-espoirs.html

may have to click it twice
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 27 Jan 2012, 9:59 pm

Vodafone?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 27 Jan 2012, 10:00 pm

Notch wrote:Nah Keith Wood is annoying when he's doing punditry on the BBC. Always a bit of whine in store when Ireland lose.

But, it is not a whine. Its the Truth. The Irish hate the Truth from their Own. It offends them.

I love Woody and I am pished-off I didnt invite him to my dinner-party.

Woody, dont mind the nay-sayers. You carried us like BOD - in the bad ol days.

Twitter Kids. They have NO phhoking idea how far we've come. None.

Last edited by Gibson on Fri 27 Jan 2012, 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Fri 27 Jan 2012, 10:00 pm

try again,Mme P
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 27 Jan 2012, 10:03 pm

Rava wrote:
MrsP wrote:This is the new Ulster!

laughing Doesn't sound very new to me? Or maybe 300+ years isn't such a long time. Wink

Woooo MrsPeenis. Tell it like it is girl. Let it go!
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 27 Jan 2012, 10:03 pm

Gibbo, I mean things like if we lose he won't give credit to the opposition, he'll moan about referee decisions. Things like that.

Basically he behaves like a fan, not a professional pundit. I'd love to see him be replaced with Alan Quinlan. Now there's a guy who really is pundit material.

Last edited by Notch on Fri 27 Jan 2012, 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 27 Jan 2012, 10:05 pm

I really was only kidding, MrsP. Crying or Very sad

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 27 Jan 2012, 10:08 pm

Glas a du wrote: furious mad steam FUC KING PHO NE! furious mad steam

That's better. Back on line but the last year of Miss G's photos are lost. My wife's got my old phone so I have most of my contacts, but could you what ave given me your numbers text them to me again. Please. Thank you.

Tank Allah! We can all disconnect from him now.

Just dial SHEEP, at 06 0906 for a Wooley good time.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Fri 27 Jan 2012, 10:09 pm

luckless_pedestrian wrote:I really was only kidding, MrsP. Crying or Very sad

Oh you blydi coward, Lucky.

She's a Pu$$y cat anyway lads Whistle
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 27 Jan 2012, 10:14 pm

MrsP wrote:Vodafone?

Yes. And I've smashed the screen.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 27 Jan 2012, 10:14 pm

Notch wrote:Gibbo, I mean things like if we lose he won't give credit to the opposition, he'll moan about referee decisions. Things like that.

Basically he behaves like a fan, not a professional pundit. I'd love to see him be replaced with Alan Quinlan. Now there's a guy who really is pundit material.

Ah I think you are being harsh there. He is working for the BBC remember. Not RTE or BBC NI. He puts that pretentious dick Gusset - in his place. Love him for that.

But yeah. Quinny is superb. More balls. Commentating, writing and for his unbiased and honest opinions. Hope he stays that way.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Fri 27 Jan 2012, 10:19 pm

I think the point you make about working for the BBC is a fair one Gibbo. I listen to Tyrone Howe on Sky and think how did he ever commit to Ulster Rugby the way he goes on about the Premiership.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 27 Jan 2012, 10:23 pm

That's true. I just feel Woody is a very, very passionate man when it comes to Irish rugby. I think he bleeds green. But I don't think he is able to divorce that passion from his job. Sometimes he takes the defeats as hard as any fan, and god knows we're all capable of having a bit of a whinge when we lose. In a fan, thats fine. In a pundit it's a wee bit annoying.

But you're dead right about Guscott! I do like when the BBC rugby pundits just about come to blows- thats a lot of fun Smile
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next