The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back to Reality!

5 posters

Go down

Back to Reality! Empty Back to Reality!

Post by Swanseadabber Sat 19 Mar 2011, 12:30 pm

Well after the fantastic fare on offer this week for racing fans its back to the bread & butter, with the Midlands National at Uttoxeter the days highlight, this race is always pretty tricky to decipher and can be a slog if the course is anything worse than soft. I will be spectating today only as I dont really fancy much and will be investing my money on the footy, a wee treble of Crystal Palace, Millwall & Swansea payin just over 10/1.
Good luck if you are puntin today.
Swanseadabber
Swanseadabber

Back to top Go down

Back to Reality! Empty Re: Back to Reality!

Post by steveo77 Sat 19 Mar 2011, 2:58 pm

you have summed it up well there swansea

actually I am enjoying it this afternoon as I reckon I would have had withdrawal symptoms if there hadnt been any racing on this afternoon!

the Midlands national looks tough.
I had a little e/w on mccoys horse this morning but i think the ground is probably against it

steveo77

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sat 19 Mar 2011, 4:03 pm

steveo77 wrote:
the Midlands national looks tough.
I had a little e/w on mccoys horse this morning but i think the ground is probably against it

Very Happy nice one steveo.

I just got home half way through the Midland's National...........I saw Tricky Trickster was down, and it looked like he'd gone to horsey heaven, so I couldn't enjoy the rest of the race but happily they showed him up, and walking about, afterwards : )

I was thrilled for David Pipe and young Connor O'Farrell, he's a jockey to be keeping an eye on!

THIS is from Sporting Life.

Thanks for putting a thread up for today Swansea : )

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Sun 20 Mar 2011, 8:34 am

Total Festival hangover,racing yesterday was pretty poor by Saturday standards and i must admit i barely looked at it.All roads point to Aintree now,although there is the tiresome thought of the Flat starting on Saturday Shocked .High class Flat racing i have no problem with whatsoever but the low grade middle of the week stuff drives me mad,at least jump racing has a bit of spectacle to it regardless of grade.
Watched the Midlands NAtional and have to say that on his run at FFos Las behind Blazing Bailey the winner had a little squeak.Really mature ride by the young man and his charge answered every call,as usual Pipe Jnr didnt say much about its chances in his newspaper column. mad

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sun 20 Mar 2011, 6:24 pm

racingnut wrote:All roads point to Aintree now,although there is the tiresome thought of the Flat starting on Saturday.

Yes racingnut......I'm really looking forward to the Aintree meeting.......then, all too soon, it will be Sandown and the end of the Jumps season meeting Crying or Very sad

I can't believe how quickly the Flat season has come round again........I've never been a follower or fan of the Flat.

Do we have any big followers of Flat racing among us?

I can chatter away about the Jumps but am pretty clueless re the Flat season Erm .......I'd better start reading up on it lol.

I'm a bit of an Aidan O'Brien fan......I'll start with him Very Happy

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Sun 20 Mar 2011, 6:44 pm

Flat racing is a business,NH is still a sport.Ive always made more money betting on the Flat but its the jumps that lights my fire.Dont get me wrong ive had some great days with runners at Royal Ascot,Newmarket July and Rowley course,York Ebor and St leger meetings but just for pure racing spectacle and a much more relaxed atmosphere it just has to be NH.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by steveo77 Mon 21 Mar 2011, 12:28 pm

I like the flat and jump racing equally.
i must admit though that the current jumps season is one of the best I can ever remember even despite the cold weather calling off several top meetings.

now that Cheltenham is over I start to get excited about the Guineas meeting (just over 1 month to go!) and the Derby (just over 2 months to go!)

Solerina - ok Cheltenham is THE festival but there are some really good flat festivals to look forward to as well!

steveo77

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Mon 21 Mar 2011, 7:39 pm

People look forward to the start of the Flat,i used to be one of them but by mid summer i reckon most punters suffer from Flat racing overkill.Its ridiculous,some Saturdays theres 8 meetings,whats all that about? In my opinion the Flat shouldnt start till after the National and there should be a cap on the number of meetings that can be held on one day.Rant over. mad

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by steveo77 Tue 22 Mar 2011, 10:01 am

good points racingnut.

although I like the flat season I don't know why there are so many meetings. I tend to concentrate on the midweek summer festivals. You certainly can't take it all the action on a Saturday!

I also don't think there should be any flat racing until after the National, I definitely won't be following it until the Craven meeting which is in the week after Aintree, although with one exception - I will be interested to see how Twice Over gets on in the Dubai World Cup this Saturday

steveo77

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanseadabber Tue 22 Mar 2011, 10:45 am

Have to agree with Steveo & racing regarding too many flat meetings, however meetings such as Royal Ascot, Glorious Goodwood and my personal favourite The York Ebor meeting really make the British summer for me.

Have been fortunate to attend York several times during Ebor week and I would highly recommend it to any racing fan, only piece of advice I would give is to get the hotel booked up asap.

Only two weeks to go to Aintree, which marks the end of decent jumps fare.
Swanseadabber
Swanseadabber

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Tue 22 Mar 2011, 7:14 pm

Its been said by many,including many who have lived and worked in the racing industry,that the Flat racing calender should be put back three to four weeks.It starts too early,the Classics are way,way too early and it ends with a whimper rather than going out with a bang.Dont get me wrong,a glorious Summers day on a garden course like Ripon is a grand place to be but if you are seriously trying to follow Flat racing as a betting medium or just trying to keep form tabs then i can guarantee by mid June youve got scrambled eggs for brains,you just cant do it.Thats why i dont bet seriously on the level anymore,i take the wife and rugrats and just go for a nice day out watching a truly majestic sport. Ok!

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Tue 22 Mar 2011, 8:57 pm

As the thread title says.....it's back to reality.......so where's our Grahame got to......I hope he's alright.

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Grahame1971 Thu 24 Mar 2011, 8:18 pm

I'm glad to see the board has been thriving whilst i've been away. I wasn't planning on not being around for so long but decided to take an unscheduled break for some R & R after a rather hectic Cheltenham. Luckily i did have a few pennies left to pay for it thanks to Sizing Europe, but more so thanks to Buena Vista & Albertas Run last Thursday. What a festival it was, i won't bang on about it as i see you've all had it well covered (loved spending the last couple of hours looking over all the festival posts) ... and a massive congrats to Racingnut for passing on the info about Divers ... Spot on !!!!
Just to let you know that i'll post up a Saturday Tipping Comp tomorrow if you all still want to play ..... Cheers (it's good to be back !!!!) Very Happy

Grahame1971

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Thu 24 Mar 2011, 8:24 pm

Glad you had a good one,we tried our best to keep things going.Sol seemed to be geting worried that you'd been bushwhacked by a load of marauding mad Irishman or something along them lines! Like you said,its hard work going racing for four days and you have to have a break after your break,if that makes sense.
Good to have you back on board thumbsup

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Grahame1971 Thu 24 Mar 2011, 8:35 pm

Thanks Racingnut .... It was as wonderful as ever, however Sol was nearly right about getting Bushwacked by marauding Irishmen ... I have never seen a day like last Thursday. It was as mad as i've ever seen it at the festival and then some, thankfully i upgraded for a bit of space to the club enclosure but even given it was 'Paddies Day' it was crazy ... I think i was the only person at the course who didn't have a drink that day. The Tuesday and Wednesday were not too bad, Friday was the normal Friday, way too many people, even in the club but i watched a few races from the middle of the course for the first time ever and will do again in the future, it's a nice viewing spot as long as you've got your Bins, the view around the course is decent. Don't know why i've not done it before. As this thread says though ... It's back to reality .. and the build up to the national !!!

Grahame1971

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Thu 24 Mar 2011, 9:48 pm

Grahame1971 wrote:I'm glad to see the board has been thriving whilst i've been away. I wasn't planning on not being around for so long but decided to take an unscheduled break for some R & R after a rather hectic Cheltenham. Luckily i did have a few pennies left to pay for it thanks to Sizing Europe, but more so thanks to Buena Vista & Albertas Run last Thursday. What a festival it was, i won't bang on about it as i see you've all had it well covered (loved spending the last couple of hours looking over all the festival posts) ... and a massive congrats to Racingnut for passing on the info about Divers ... Spot on !!!!
Just to let you know that i'll post up a Saturday Tipping Comp tomorrow if you all still want to play ..... Cheers (it's good to be back !!!!) Very Happy

Hi Grahame.......it's really nice to have you back Hug

So glad you had a great Festival, and a little holiday too! That's wonderful.

And yes, as you have seen, we've kept the forum going in your absence......we had some good chat during the Festival.....it was fun.

A Saturday Tipping Comp would be great....thanks Very Happy

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down