The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Eubank Jr and Boxing stars kids

+7
Steffan
Mind the windows Tino.
OasisBFC
John Bloody Wayne
Rowley
Union Cane
Seanusarrilius
11 posters

Go down

Chris Eubank Jr and Boxing stars kids Empty Chris Eubank Jr and Boxing stars kids

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:15 pm

Hasn't fought since his outing on Fury's undercard in november, but he's back in action next month. I liked the look of him (for a debut fighter at least) and I love the idea of a Eubank back in the game.

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=588468&cat=boxer

Hennesey should have had him out again by now tho, he is a rank novice and needs rounds, Hennessey better not be sticking him on all the undercards of fury and not in between, new fighters should fight at least 5 times a yeard for first couple of years in my opinion.

I know there is not loads ot go on, but how did you guys rate his debut?

Also, how many sons of boxing stars have actually performed well in pro ranks?

Personally I think they suffer from having all the comparisons with no where near the hunger. There dads did it with nothing, dragged themselves up, and the juniors are pampered on their way up in comparison and in boxing that never seems to help.

Chavez is doing well (although he is a mere smudge of the talen his dad had)
Hearns kid is awful

Who else?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Chris Eubank Jr and Boxing stars kids Empty Re: Chris Eubank Jr and Boxing stars kids

Post by Union Cane Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:24 pm

Thought Eubank Jr looked very promising, although the guy he was fighting was utter crud.

He has been out in America and sparred with some big names, and it showed in that first performance.

The ring music and leaping the ropes will draw the crowds too, as long as he can back it up in the ring, which at this stage it appears that he can.

Agree that he should have fought again by now, although at the time didn't Mick say that Fury would have a fight between November and MSG in March?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Chris Eubank Jr and Boxing stars kids Empty Re: Chris Eubank Jr and Boxing stars kids

Post by Union Cane Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:26 pm

I think there is a Tim Witherspoon Jr rattling around the lower weight divisions.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:31 pm

Thought he looked good first time out and clearly does not lack for self belief, did not realise he had not fought since then, bit shameful really, no reason he could have not been back a lot sooner than now.

Of sons the only one I can really think of who has outstripped his father is Buster Douglas whse father was a very respected Philly fighter, but guess he would stretch the definition of star somewhat no matter how well respected he was as a fighter, guess you could make an argument for Cory having done enough to outstrip Leon Spinks, who aside from beating a shell of Ali was never much cop if we're honest.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:34 pm

Floyd somebody....kinda quiet fella...

Aaron Pryor's son isn't anything like as good as the original.
Nor was Frazier's.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:34 pm

im with the rest, he looked tidy and impressive.
he also looked in brilliant shape.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:35 pm

John Bloody Wayne wrote:Floyd somebody....kinda quiet fella...

He's rubbish, is a ducker.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:39 pm

Ah yeah, I heard he only fights whites, latinos and blacks but avoids all south east Asians so he's not actually a world champ.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:56 pm

haha, Floyd, thing about floyd is he never grew up with the riches because his dad wasn't that good. The riches ruin the juniors

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:00 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:The riches ruin the juniors

Could you please tell that to my wife.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:21 pm

Steve Robinsons son Luke Robinson has turned pro as well. He was on Boxnation a while back but cant remember what card he was on. Cant really say he grew up with riches as he dad never made that much out of boxing and they have lived in the same "down to earth" Cardiff suburb all their lives anyway. Ely I think they are from (rough as Laugh )

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:23 pm

Didn't know that Steffan, hope he does well, always liked Robbo, better fighter than he got credit for and a good pro.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:29 pm

rowley wrote:Didn't know that Steffan, hope he does well, always liked Robbo, better fighter than he got credit for and a good pro.

Yeah his boy seemed a lot like his dad in the sense of fighting style and similar likeable personality. Looked a good prospect although I cant remember what weight now but think it was Welter or Light Welter

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:32 pm

Shea Neary's son, James Metcalf, on Ringside last night

www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSpL5MnBsCc

Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:04 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:The riches ruin the juniors

Could you please tell that to my wife.

haha

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:59 pm

Floyd Patterson's son Tracey won a world title- the first father/son to achieve this, think he may have been adopted, but I think it still counts. Tyson Fury sounds like he is only marginally better than his dad Gypsy john Fury-who was Poopie.

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordy Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:19 pm

Characters like Eubank are exactly what boxing needs. If he turns out half as good as his father then its good news for boxing. However we must remember that a famous parent and name is no guarantee of success and its a tall order to live up to!

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Chris Eubank Jr and Boxing stars kids Empty Being the Son of a Great Boxer - help or hindrance???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:10 pm

Chances are you're probably be pushed at a young age...maybe leading to resentment later on!!....You're always going to be overshadowed by pops and measured with his yard stick...Leading to perhaps being given a higher expectation point (and a good career being labelled a flop etc!!!!).....You know he's always likely to be sticking his nose in your affairs and will always know best!!!....

Maybe you'll lose your own identity...and spend your life trying to gain his respect.....

Perhaps you will maybe get rushed ahead of your time.....as people may demand more from you!!...Nothing you do may ever be good enough!!

Flipside....You're guaranteed publicity as people will be interested in you.....Probably get more exposure and money.....Promoters will be cueing up to take you on......You'll have all his knowledge past on to you......You can trade on his name....Plenty of babes!!!!

Certainly I think it's a HELP!!!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down