The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Ops 2

+2
Crimey
Alessandro Ciambella
6 posters

Go down

Will you get a copy of CoD Black Ops 2?

Black Ops 2  Vote_lcap33%Black Ops 2  Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 4 ]
Black Ops 2  Vote_lcap67%Black Ops 2  Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 12

Black Ops 2  Empty Black Ops 2

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:27 pm

It appears Activision have gone crazy and bought the domain rights to www.blackops2.com Shocked

Why would they do such a thing? The previous game was an absolute disaster coming off the back of MW2. The explosions all sounded the same, the CoD points were a stupid idea, graphically it looked horrible, the campaign mode was boring and all I remember was some dude in a box shouting "MASON!" In fact all of the movie sequences were a terrible idea.

In a classic CoD title you just want to switch it on, shoot the Germans/Japs/Ruskies/ and win the war in 20 minutes. However, 20 minutes was how long the sequences were taking to play and it left the gamer disconnected from the experience.

Come to think of it, I did not meet many fans of Kack-Ops and eventually the vast majority went back to MW2. I'd say if it were not for zombies then this game would have bombed out.

My question here is will anybody here be buying again into the Black Ops franchise again? After letting us down with World at War and the first Black Ops, can we trust Treyarch to learn from all its errors and produce an excellent CoD title?

The only thing it has going for it is that it will be the 1st CoD title on the new PS4 and XboX 720 platforms so graphically this could be a ground breaker... but will it?

Your thoughts on the whole idea?
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Black Ops 2  Empty Re: Black Ops 2

Post by Crimey Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:52 pm

I actually enjoyed Black Ops more than any other Call of Duty, bar the obvious 4. I thought the campaign was actually pretty clever, it had a nice twist, and it's use of Vietnam was new rather than resorting to WW2, or the obvious modern setting.

I enjoyed the online mode more than Modern Warfare 2 or 3 as I thought the maps were better, and they managed the perks and weapons better as well. I thought the CoD points were a good idea and certainly added a different edge to the online games as I wasn't just trying to do the same things every time I played.

I can understand why Call of Duty fans didn't enjoy the game, but I certainly wouldn't class myself as a fan, the last one I actually got for myself was Modern Warfare 2, the most recent two were gifts after I had said I wouldn't buy another Call of Duty game because I thought Modern Warfare 2 was so disappointing.

Modern Warfare 2 is the biggest disappointment I feel, while Black Ops was a big improvement on World at War, Call of Duty 4 is a far superior game to Modern Warfare 2. The campaign was lazy and horrible, the sequences in the airport, underwater and space were all clearly there for advertising reasons and added very little to the game, it wasn't like a cut scene where I could just put the remote down and watch it, I had to mindlessly hold a button down as my character slowly walked.

Saying that, I won't be getting a new Call of Duty, if I get it as a gift I won't be too disappointed, but all Call of Duty games would be no where near my favourite games, none of them have ever made me think; 'wow' bar possibly Call of Duty 4 when a modern setting and that style were relatively new, but now it has been done so many times that it just feels lazy. I thought Modern Warfare 3 was sort of an improvement on Modern Warfare 2, but since I have Skyrim, Fifa 12 and Football Manager 2012 the game hasn't particularly made me want to play it over those, the online feels identical to Modern Warfare 2, but at least the campaign and Special Ops are better.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:44 pm

remenber the name of the first mission on COD MW2
littarlly what MW3 is
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:02 pm

MW3 as a game is the most complete CoD game ever made. The guns, maps and format of online play have been perfected over time whilst sticking to a theme without ever betraying it's roots.

Single player has always been immersive and at times is quite a spectacle. I can think of many highlights from the campaign mode across the trilogy. Unlike Black Ops where stuff happened in no order and despite all movie scenes, it told little story.

I don't believe Treyarch have it in them to make a decent title. I believe their token efforts will kill the franchise and it will go the same way as Medal of Honour.
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:44 am

I haven't bothered wtih MW3, absolutely loved BOs, but this time I went for BF3 and it's fair better than any COD I've played, a few of my friends picked MW3 up on release date and traded it for BF3 they where that dissapointed.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:26 am

It's BF3 is not far better than CoD at all. They are 2 different games with different objectives set over different kinds of maps. When MW3 came out in November 2011, I noticed a number of preowned BF3 copies on the shelf. And that is the same situation today.

People feel there MUST be an alternative to an incredible CoD franchise. It's like when somebody becomes really successful, you feel compelled to hate them. It happened to MoH and it's going to happen again.

Sticking to the topic, games like Black Ops will kill the CoD franchise before the glitchy, woeful BF series.

Last edited by Alessandro Ciambella on Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:26 am

Alessandro Ciambella wrote:It's BF3 is not far better than CoD at all. They are 2 different games with different objectives set over different kinds of maps. When MW3 came out in November 2011, I noticed a number of preowned BF3 copies on the shelf. And that is the same situation today.

People feel there MUST be an alternative to an incredible CoD franchise. It's like when somebody becomes really successful, you feel compelled to hate them. It happened to MoH and it's going to happen again.

Sticking to the topic, games like Black Ops will kill the CoD franchise before the glitchy, worful BF series.

sounds like a COD fanboy here Wink
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Reggie Perrin Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:21 pm

To be fair I like both BF3 and MW3. Although between Dice and EA they have killed BF3 for me (for the time being at least) untill they fix the input lag issue on the ps3, which has made it unplayable unfortunately and I do prefer the leveling up system on mw3 compared to bf3 especially the way you rank up your weapons, im not keen on using an AEK AR with a scope that would be better attached to a certain russian sniper rifle but other than that both solid titles when working correctly imo.

Reggie Perrin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:34 pm

Alessandro Ciambella wrote:It's BF3 is not far better than CoD at all. They are 2 different games with different objectives set over different kinds of maps. When MW3 came out in November 2011, I noticed a number of preowned BF3 copies on the shelf. And that is the same situation today.

Sticking to the topic, games like Black Ops will kill the CoD franchise before the glitchy, woeful BF series.

I agree BF won't kill the CoD franchise but it has nothing to do with the former being of poorer quality but rather that large chunks of the gaming player base just buy a games name before anything else. Marketing for the win type scenario rather than anything to do with game against game quality. You just have to look at the history of games to see this type of scenario being repeated over and over a gain.

There doesn't need to be an alternative to a particular game if the first does it good enough, an alternative should provide more competition and in future a better product all round though this is not always the case. Even success does not guarantee hate for a game just look at Hidden Fortress and the king of FPS Counter Strike to see the lack of untold hatred aimed at them.

Can't really comment on the BF3 copies on shelves as I'm unsure what it has to do with the games quality.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:03 pm

The CoD franchise does not help itself with it's updates going to xbox first and then to playstation a month later. Loyal fans of the ps3 platform, especially those on elite are on the wrong end of what should be an equal opportunity.

This could be detrimental to ps3 console sales when Black Ops 2 arrives on the market. Potentially another nail in the coffin of the CoD franchise.

I agree about Counterstrike and it's die hard legion of PC gamers that continue to update and give to the fans free of charge in most cases.

Being a big franchise I could never see this happening to CoD, or in any game released to a console.

I believe mw3 is the pinnacle of fast paced, fps games right now. I don't think it could be beaten. Perhaps matched, but not beaten. It could be further improved with a rush game like the one used in battlefield, but I would say it's fantastic.

I struggle to see how Black Ops will survive by solely carrying the zombies on it's shoulders. To be successful it has to improve it's whole content in so many ways. The sad thing is I don't believe treyarch have it in them.

They have a 'money no object' scenario with it being released on PS4, but I believe they will crash and burn like an enemy Apache shot down with a Stinger!
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:23 pm

black-ops failed because it wasnt MW, simple, they chaged thing which de CODified it.
lets face it COD is COD and always will be,
personally i loved black-ops
all infinaty ward did was slap a few small changes to the multiplayer, just wrote a new story and added a new gamemode that tookno effort at all.
COd4 will always be the pinnacle as evn today i find the multiplayer more fun and balanced than any other COD.
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down