The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COD Black Ops 2

+6
Pr4wn
liverbnz
cherriesfna
Crimey
GSC
goldwolf
10 posters

Go down

COD Black Ops 2 Empty COD Black Ops 2

Post by goldwolf Wed 14 Nov 2012, 8:05 pm

Thoughts on COD Black Ops 2?

I'm quite impressed with it in that it does seem like they've made a lot of changes to MW3, and it isn't just a quick money making sequel. The custom classes setup with 10 points max, 1 point per add on is a great feature. I haven't played much of the story or zombie's yet but they seem quality too.

What do you guys and gals think?

Last edited by goldwolf on Thu 15 Nov 2012, 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total

goldwolf

Back to top Go down

COD Black Ops 2 Empty Re: COD Black Ops 2

Post by GSC Wed 14 Nov 2012, 8:10 pm

COD sequels are a bigger ripoff than annual FIFA repackaging.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by goldwolf Wed 14 Nov 2012, 8:26 pm

Can't really comment on that GSC as MW3 was the first one I got, really enjoyed it so got Black Ops 2 which is totally different. Would be interesting to hear the views of people who have played the original Black Ops.

goldwolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 14 Nov 2012, 11:41 pm

MW3 is made by a totally different company these days mate, they split after Modern Warfare 2, so you can only judge improvements on what they did in Black Ops rather than MW3.

I'm disappointed in the choice of direction to be honest, I thought Black Ops was refreshing as I was bored of the modern/near future settings of the recent first-person-shooters, so a game set in a time period never really done before with a genuinely good, well-scripted, well-voiced story I really liked the game. I also thought that the online was better than the Infinity Ward's online features.

However, they've essentially tried to copy the success of MW3 rather than continue the good work of Black Ops making the online less like Black Ops and more like the Modern Warfare series and setting it in a similar time to them. I won't be buying the game, not that I've bought any since Modern Warfare 2 (which I was hugely disappointed with, but the two games after that were given to me as presents.)

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Thu 15 Nov 2012, 9:31 am

brilliant game
ther i a 10 year time diiference to MW games, the campgains refreshing and the recouring character is a nice touch. i like how the campgains is more of a mystery in BO games rather than the, running around stupidly unreal yet modern storylines of MW2+3, dunno if its done enough to unseat Cod4 yet for me but its defo top 5 ive played, the online is great and finnaly in my opinion the first COD with a decet set of maps since MW2, going to the future was a good desicion IMO as it opened up a lot of routes to go down, once again zombies sets this game above MW, maps are fun and therer is some variation this time,
seriously tho this could be the COD which gets the franchise back on track , half expecting a MW4 to screw things uop agin,
this aint a copy n paste job like MW3 was but it aint a huge change like the priginal BO, its somewhere in between which will hopefully keep people quiet.

however wouldnt mind a big name WW2 shooter to come out soon.
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 15 Nov 2012, 11:10 am

The Modern Warfare franchise is now a separate franchise to the Call of Duty one, they split in 2010.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Thu 15 Nov 2012, 1:38 pm

Crimey wrote:The Modern Warfare franchise is now a separate franchise to the Call of Duty one, they split in 2010.
good im not obliged to buy thta crap anymore then
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by goldwolf Sat 17 Nov 2012, 12:15 pm

Seems like there are some major connections issues with this game..........and is it me or are all the guns very very similar, and do little damage? Seems like you have to pump a whole round into someones head to get the kill.

goldwolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2012, 1:28 pm

I'm thinking of getting this later on today. Have you played the Zombies campaign yet godwolf and if so is it any good?

A fellow Banbury poster here. Small world!

Back to top Go down

Post by goldwolf Sat 17 Nov 2012, 4:48 pm

Hi Freekshow! Yeah the Zombies campaign is the highlight of the game for me, really good.

goldwolf

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Mon 19 Nov 2012, 11:59 am

Crimey wrote:The Modern Warfare franchise is now a separate franchise to the Call of Duty one, they split in 2010.

Modern Warfare is still part of the COD franchise, as is Black Ops. They just have different developers. MW is developed primarily by Infinity Ward, whilst Black Ops, which started with World at War (although there is no direct follow-on) in 2008 is developed by Treyarch.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 20 Nov 2012, 1:34 pm

liverbnz wrote:

Modern Warfare is still part of the COD franchise, as is Black Ops. They just have different developers. MW is developed primarily by Infinity Ward, whilst Black Ops, which started with World at War (although there is no direct follow-on) in 2008 is developed by Treyarch.

I thought that Infinity Ward had that big fight with Activision and decided to leave to develop the games on their own.

Just had a look, and that did happen, but they made Modern Warfare 3 without most of the team that made Call of Duty 4 and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

Anyhow, they're still developed separately by different companies so shouldn't really be seen as follow ons from each others I don't think so anyway.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue 20 Nov 2012, 1:36 pm

that explains why modern warfare 3 was mW 2.5, imagine how ood mw3 Could have been if all the same people where there
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 20 Nov 2012, 2:03 pm

Well wait for whatever game Respawn Entertainment release next year as that is the development team of the first Modern Warfare game's new company.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Tue 20 Nov 2012, 2:21 pm

Crimey wrote:
liverbnz wrote:

I thought that Infinity Ward had that big fight with Activision and decided to leave to develop the games on their own.

Just had a look, and that did happen, but they made Modern Warfare 3 without most of the team that made Call of Duty 4 and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

Anyhow, they're still developed separately by different companies so shouldn't really be seen as follow ons from each others I don't think so anyway.

They are different companies, but both owned and directed by Activision. Treyarch use IWs engine - a tweaked version anyway) for their COD games - although you are right MW and Blops follow different story archs. Activision own the rights to the Call of Duty series and as far as I was aware the reformed IW will be developing a 4th installment of MW under the Activision wing.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 20 Nov 2012, 5:02 pm

Yeah, basically I'm sort of right, sort of wrong. 46 members of Infinity Ward and the two main guys of it all left Infinity Ward after Modern Warfare 2 to set up their own company, so essentially Infinity Ward is like a totally new company as the entire core of it has left.

Activision own the rights to Call of Duty, but all the brains behind the real point of success (Call of Duty 4) have left to set up their own company, Respawn Entertainment.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 20 Nov 2012, 6:22 pm

COD 2 was the last good one anyway
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by goldwolf Wed 21 Nov 2012, 11:44 am

Any of u guys having ps3 freeze issues when playing this?

goldwolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Wed 21 Nov 2012, 11:47 am

Anyone else finding the campaign very fun? I'm enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would! Though, the side-missions are extraordinarily hard.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Mon 26 Nov 2012, 2:03 am

Black Ops 2 was surprising good for me.

After MW2 (arguably the great FPS off all time) Black Ops 1 and MW3 where pretty ordinary.

Really enjoying the online multiplayer as well.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Sun 02 Dec 2012, 5:35 pm

ASDA are selling Black Ops II for £19 if anyone doesn't have it OK

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Y I Man Sun 09 Dec 2012, 3:56 pm

finally got myself a PS3 and now online with it, and I love this game. Really enjoying the online multiplayer but especially the zombies. Class.

Y I Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Dec 2012, 4:57 pm

I can't bring myself to play zombies. Plus I have no XBOX friends to play with Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Sat 15 Dec 2012, 7:31 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:I can't bring myself to play zombies. Plus I have no XBOX friends to play with Sad

Do u need some
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 11:00 am

I do Cherries, COD is much more fun when you have a squad of people you know running around COD Black Ops 2 3559488474

AzzyMahmood is my tag, add me if you want!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Mon 17 Dec 2012, 8:56 pm

Bored of this now. Multiplayer is just the same old same old. Campers, lag and spawn camps. Back to battlefield I go.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue 18 Dec 2012, 12:38 am

Pr4wn wrote:Bored of this now. Multiplayer is just the same old same old. Campers, lag and spawn camps. Back to battlefield I go.

i gave up playing COD solidly after MW2, i dunno why MW2 just had some wierd replayablity factor which newer CODs dont. COD 4 amnd WaW i would still play but full of hackers using God mode Crying or Very sad
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Dec 2012, 12:03 pm

Pr4wn wrote:Bored of this now. Multiplayer is just the same old same old. Campers, lag and spawn camps. Back to battlefield I go.
I've not had any experience of Campers (except on Aftermath), no lag issues, and the spawning I quite like. It's much better than the last MW game.

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Tue 18 Dec 2012, 12:09 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:
I've not had any experience of Campers (except on Aftermath), no lag issues, and the spawning I quite like. It's much better than the last MW game.

You like spawning or spawn camping?

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Dec 2012, 7:06 pm

I like the way it spawns you , and also appreciate spawn campers. Easy kills for me COD Black Ops 2 3559488474

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Tue 18 Dec 2012, 9:09 pm

I like it when you kill a camper and they keep returning to the same spot. I just boobytrap their route from spawn site to camp location.

Sometimes if I get really annoyed I'd forget the game objective and hunt the campers.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Dec 2012, 11:20 am

I still only play TD, I just can't be bothered with any of the other games.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Apr 2013, 2:17 pm

Got this a few weeks back, huge COD fan but this has been a disappointment so far. Not really excited by the story-line and the game just seems so hectic throughout the missions. I'm usually good at playing a game and processing everything but this game I just feel like I'm missing loads of cool parts or environments because the missions are just rushed. Just getting to grips with the story since the last one but not that impressed so far, hopefully it picks up. Thought the tactical mission where you defend the base with the four different types of unit was ridiculous to control, way too complicated to just pick up so quickly. Never liked futuristic warfare either lol - probably mistake buying this game

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Apr 2013, 2:27 pm

That mission I just did using one guy, I never bothered with the other options and left them to it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Apr 2013, 2:34 pm

yer i did it one guy. i thought the tutorial was rubbish and just got to the mission. went round with one guy and the other units basically did everything. pointless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri 12 Apr 2013, 3:08 pm

Rubbish game in my opinion. Development seems like it was rushed and it's not inventive at all.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Fri 12 Apr 2013, 8:51 pm

Need a good WW2/historic cod game, battlefield has overtaken in terms of modern/slightly futuristic game
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Apr 2013, 2:34 pm

Never played Battlefield, what's the difference between that and COD?

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Mon 15 Apr 2013, 3:29 pm

Battlefield is better in pretty much every way Wink

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Mon 15 Apr 2013, 3:30 pm

Battlefield is really good. I played Battlefield 3 for a while and really enjoyed that storyline. I suppose the moves you make are more realistic and slower than in COD.

The maps online are larger than COD maps. It can take longer to find enemies to kill but each kill feels rewarding and the experience feels more realistic. The slower paced action is good for campaign mode but I prefer COD's sometimes frantic style online because you have to always be on your toes.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Mon 15 Apr 2013, 4:34 pm

The online mode of BF3 is all about teamwork. If you're playing with a few mates, there's nothing more fun or rewarding. You also get to fly jets and choppers, drives tanks, boats ans jeeps etc.

Campers are rare and if you like the frantic style, try out the new close-quarters mode.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Apr 2013, 11:02 am

the more i play COD storyline the more i dislike the game. It's just a mess, dont like the story, futuristic warfare just does not appeal to me the way they've done it and it's just rushed. im sure the graphics of the environments were clearer and more detailed in the previous game. the side missions with the seals are not exciting either and the tactical controlling of multiple units just confuses it for me. I guess i havent played enough of the game to control everything properly but im not enjoying it.

battlefield 3 was way more enjoyable.

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue 16 Apr 2013, 11:10 am

i think the differnce is that in BF3 there are so many ways to play, while on COD there is like 2, Run n gun or Camp.

i thought eh may have grown out of COD, but i go back and play MW2 and Cod4 and still enjoy them more than anything, they just need to take a few steps back

the only gripe i have with BF3 is that Some Maps which were made for The PCs 64 player online dont feel good on Conosle, e.g operation firestorm where there are too many veichles and just bcome veichle cmbat
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Tue 16 Apr 2013, 12:55 pm

Ah now I love vehicle combat.

You can still get plenty of kills with explosives Very Happy

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue 16 Apr 2013, 1:18 pm

u ever stuck C4 to a jeep and driven it into an enemy tank
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Tue 16 Apr 2013, 2:56 pm

Many times, but landing a helicopter on top of someone and squashing them or flying your jet into someone that's parachuting is much more fun Cool

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down