The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland put two fingers up at the IRB and Shingler trains with them despite him not being allowed to play for Scotland...!!!

+27
gowales
George Carlin
TycroesOsprey
Irish Londoner
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
RubyGuby
Knackeredknees
TrailApe
Morgannwg
mpc28
RuggerRadge2611
miteyironpaw
HERSH
Shifty
Messymesina
aucklandlaurie
mr-bryns-attitude
21st Century Schizoid Man
Irishhoneymonster
Notch
RuckingFlanker86
HammerofThunor
IanBru
Cymroglan
Scot Abroad
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
maestegmafia
31 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Scotland put two fingers up at the IRB and Shingler trains with them despite him not being allowed to play for Scotland...!!! - Page 5 Empty Scotland put two fingers up at the IRB and Shingler trains with them despite him not being allowed to play for Scotland...!!!

Post by maestegmafia Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

A SRU spokesman has confirmed that Shingler has been participating in training.

"We have made no secret of the fact that Steven Shingler is part of our Six Nations squad and continues to be so," a SRU spokesman told the Scotsman. "The IRB ruled he cannot play or tour for Scotland and we have appealed that decision but what we have done is invite him to our training camp and he has taken up that offer.

"Steven Shingler has been in St Andrews to meet the Scotland squad. As he played on Sunday afternoon he follows the protocol of all players who were in match action which meant he did not train."

http://www.espnscrum.com/six-nations-2012/rugby/story/158141.html

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Scotland put two fingers up at the IRB and Shingler trains with them despite him not being allowed to play for Scotland...!!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Scotland put two fingers up at the IRB and Shingler trains with them despite him not being allowed to play for Scotland...!!!

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:43 pm

Can't say fairer than that, alright Laugh

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Scotland put two fingers up at the IRB and Shingler trains with them despite him not being allowed to play for Scotland...!!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Scotland put two fingers up at the IRB and Shingler trains with them despite him not being allowed to play for Scotland...!!!

Post by wayne Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:43 pm

mystiroakey wrote:its a tough one to work out why he played for wales then a couple of years later wants to play for scotland, the lad is a very good player, so i honestly believe he feels more scotish than welsh,Maybe its a simple case of him playing for wales at under 20 level because he was born there and picked and didnt think much else about it. i may be completely wrong- but he could have felt exactly the same as michael owen who played schoolboy welsh football or ryan giggs who played english schoolboy football. If he feels as though scotland is the country that will give him the best chance of getting in the team(mercenary style), then i dont think he will feature in the welsh side ever because he hasnt got the correct mentality
The reason Michael Owen played schoolboy football for Wales and Ryan Giggs England was that the rules dictate you HAVE to play for the country you are living in at the time. Ryan has said on many occasions that he could only play International football for Wales because he was born here, and Owen had the choice to represent both but was only interested in representing England

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:01 pm

wayne wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:its a tough one to work out why he played for wales then a couple of years later wants to play for scotland, the lad is a very good player, so i honestly believe he feels more scotish than welsh,Maybe its a simple case of him playing for wales at under 20 level because he was born there and picked and didnt think much else about it. i may be completely wrong- but he could have felt exactly the same as michael owen who played schoolboy welsh football or ryan giggs who played english schoolboy football. If he feels as though scotland is the country that will give him the best chance of getting in the team(mercenary style), then i dont think he will feature in the welsh side ever because he hasnt got the correct mentality
The reason Michael Owen played schoolboy football for Wales and Ryan Giggs England was that the rules dictate you HAVE to play for the country you are living in at the time. Ryan has said on many occasions that he could only play International football for Wales because he was born here, and Owen had the choice to represent both but was only interested in representing England

not disputing that at all. 'felt' is the word i used. this isnt a thread about football so no point discussing- i used a comparison to way someone may feel(owen allways felt english and giggs allways felt welsh) yet could still effectively play for another country(allbeit at schoolboy level and not have another choice). Actually the rules would allow giggs to have played for england these days- but i think it was different back then as you mention

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:10 pm

mystiroakey
Advert done last year
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51Tx61hAvPE

Who is the last person to put the shirt on.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:16 pm

jeas i thought that was gonna be owen for a minute- lol

well the kid is just that then isnt he(a kid)- he needs to worry about his rugby rather than getting bad advice and becoming some sort of mercenary.

However being a pure 'pedegree' breed(100% english) Wink I couldnt imagine how hard it must be to pick a team if i felt the same about more than one nation. The reason why i feel as though he may feel more scottish than welsh is due to the old fact that blood is thicker.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:27 pm

The problem is he has been getting very bad advice from an agent who is a known trouble maker. After Derwens last escapade the WRU made darn sure no more of Derwens little boys were allowed to escape and increase his agents fees. Derwen relying upon the WRU being unable to organise anything tried it again. Shinglers the one that ends up suffering whilst the failed second row will move on to his next fast buck.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:31 pm

mystiroakey
If by any chance he does feel more Scottish then why not make it known sooner, In Wales all we have heard from him is how much he wants to play for Wales thats it's been his dream he even said this when he joined London Irish.

It all boils down to being given bad advice and the promise of a full cap probably was very tempting for the lad.
It was extremely foolish to announce his selection before they found out if he was eligible or not.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:16 pm

Scotland Wales is going to get really confusing for the poor commentary team, not only the Shingler issue but also a Jones and an Evans on the "wrong" side.
Wales need a couple of Mcdonalds a Krankie in the side.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-bryns-attitude Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:19 pm

i blame the parents.

mr-bryns-attitude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5