The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland to play Tonga at Pittodrie

+5
funnyExiledScot
KickAndChase
justified sinner
GLove39
9 posters

Go down

Scotland to play Tonga at Pittodrie Empty Scotland to play Tonga at Pittodrie

Post by 123456789 Mon 18 Jun 2012, 8:17 pm

Scotland to play Tonga at Pittodrie in autumn Test

Scotland will play Tonga at Aberdeen's Pittodrie Stadium on 24 November with a 1500 GMT kick-off, Scottish Rugby have announced.
Andy Robinson's side are preparing to face Samoa in Apia at the weekend having beaten Fiji last Saturday.
Scotland will also face New Zealand on 11 November and South Africa on 17 November, both at Murrayfield.
The Tonga Test sees Scotland back at Pittodrie two years after hosting Samoa, completing the autumn Tests.
Head coach Robinson said of the Tonga visit: "It's tremendous to be returning to Aberdeen. There's a passion for the national team in the north-east of Scotland which was very evident when we played Samoa two years ago.
"I know the lengths supporters go to travel to Murrayfield for matches and I firmly support the initiative of the national team taking the game to other parts of the country when we can."
Scotland have played at Pittodrie three times in recent years - in a non-cap game with the Barbarians in 2005, against Canada in 2008 and Samoa in 2010 - and were undefeated in those fixtures.

I thought they were lining up Scotstoun but I suppose it makes sense with Glasgow already having top flight rugby. I think they should try to take a game to Netherdale. Perhaps if we started 6 nations warm up games against the likes of Romania and Georgia and played them in the Borders; this would allow us to try combinations and hopefully build confidence bearing in mind our record at the start of the six nations.

Back to top Go down

Scotland to play Tonga at Pittodrie Empty Re: Scotland to play Tonga at Pittodrie

Post by GLove39 Mon 18 Jun 2012, 8:20 pm

Well living in Aberdeen I'm thrilled by this news. Very Happy
Thats saved me a train journey down south

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Scotland to play Tonga at Pittodrie Empty Re: Scotland to play Tonga at Pittodrie

Post by justified sinner Mon 18 Jun 2012, 8:23 pm

Great every time I've been at Pittodrie it snows and its starting to look pretty dilapidated now.

Oh well, guess the Tongans won't fancy it much either.

justified sinner

Back to top Go down

Post by KickAndChase Mon 18 Jun 2012, 10:21 pm

This year we're going to beat all 3 PI heavyweights and the big 3, but fail to register a win against a NH side.

You heard it here first.

KickAndChase

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 18 Jun 2012, 10:41 pm

It must be our revenge for Fiji and Samoa making us play mid-afternoon!!

I'm really pleased that they're going for Aberdeen as a venue. Really good to move Scottish rugby around the country.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Majestic83 Mon 18 Jun 2012, 11:14 pm

Glad to see the game up in Aberdeen, always get big crowds when Scotland play there and makes for a far better atmosphere than the 30k/40k they'd get at murrayfield at the very most.
Having moved up to Nairn from Edinburgh recently I'll be popping on the train to Aberdeen for it but wouldn't mind a few high profile games being staged in Inverness, even if it is Scotland A or u20s game as seems to be a big rugby following up in the inverness/highlands area.

Majestic83

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 19 Jun 2012, 7:00 am

Great way to encourage grass-roots rugby in the north-east OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Tue 19 Jun 2012, 8:11 am

After my earlier ignore about Scotland and saying "I don't care" I decide to learn more about the by new north neightbours and get the tickets from Scotland RU for NZ and SA match up. They doing very good discount to the ticket if you buying both and should be exciting to see or not Scotland can make a histortyful "grand slam" of SH!

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 19 Jun 2012, 8:36 am

I'm always amused by the irony of calling any game in Aberdeenshire in winter a "warm-up".
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 19 Jun 2012, 8:43 am

anotherworldofpain wrote:After my earlier ignore about Scotland and saying "I don't care" I decide to learn more about the by new north neightbours and get the tickets from Scotland RU for NZ and SA match up. They doing very good discount to the ticket if you buying both and should be exciting to see or not Scotland can make a histortyful "grand slam" of SH!
We can but dream, but nowt wrong with dreaming!

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by KickAndChase Wed 20 Jun 2012, 2:44 pm

anotherworldofpain wrote:After my earlier ignore about Scotland and saying "I don't care" I decide to learn more about the by new north neightbours and get the tickets from Scotland RU for NZ and SA match up. They doing very good discount to the ticket if you buying both and should be exciting to see or not Scotland can make a histortyful "grand slam" of SH!

Now AWOP if I get to the match you are someone I would certainly like a drink with after .. thumbsup

KickAndChase

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down