The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vince McMahon - His views on Daniel Bryan, Christian and John Morrison

4 posters

Go down

Vince McMahon - His views on Daniel Bryan, Christian and John Morrison Empty Vince McMahon - His views on Daniel Bryan, Christian and John Morrison

Post by AberdeenSteve Sun 20 Mar - 20:42

John Peirmarini the former WWE creative team member shared on his blog Vince's thoughts on Daniel Bryan, John Morrison and Christian.

John Piermarini worked for WWE creative during 2009-2010 and was heavily involved in the Orton v Dibiase v Rhodes feud at Wrestlemania 26.

The blog has just recently disappeared most likely due to pressure from WWE. Here is what Vince thinks of these guys:

Daniel Bryan - Vince feels Daniel Bryan is a mid-level wrestler who wins when he capitalises on an opponents mistakes. He has a career in the mid-card and nothing more.

John Morrison - Vince's own words "He can't kick anyone's ass in a real fight and therefore he can't be a top babyface". Vince also feels he just doesn't have the personality to be a bad guy

Christian - Despite his popularity Vince feels Christian is merely a "good hand" and is someone who is a stepping stone for up and comers. Christian does not have alot of support from the higher ups to be a main event guy. That is why you see Christian involved in the Edge v Del Rio feud, Christian will be used as a prop to get Del Rio over as a champion.

John Piermarini also confirmed Edge v Christian feud which fans have yearned to see for the last two years "has been pitched to death and rejected every time". This is again due to Christian lacking the "main event quality" and it would bring Edge down a level to be feuding with Christian.

Piermarini also revealed Vince sees Skip Sheffield as the number 2 babyface in the company in the future. Piermarini noted that Vince is very high on Skip and if anyone is to make it from the NXT shows and have a long lasting career in WWE it is Skip.

Source: John Peirmarini blog

What are your guys thoughts in what he has said? Is it justified?

Pretty much saying that we'll never see John Morrison with the strap - harsh I think!

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Vince McMahon - His views on Daniel Bryan, Christian and John Morrison Empty Re: Vince McMahon - His views on Daniel Bryan, Christian and John Morrison

Post by JoshSansom Sun 20 Mar - 22:20

Not sure whether an ex-WWE employee is always the most reliable of commentators on an issue such as this...

That said I don't see why the comment on JoMo has to be an issue - after all Edge is hardly Cena in terms of physique... Morrison may have to bulk up a little bit but I can see him move up to main event status if he is able to push on from his current position.

Christian has never really been trusted by the WWE seemingly. The stage is certainly set for something to happen though - if he screws Edge out of the title at WM then Del Rio gets his title run and there could be a great feud. I would doubt how much more Edge can do unless he gets drafted to Raw or something.

I am not sure if it is possible to comment on Bryan for main event status atm. He needs to try to establish himself in the fight for US/IC levels for now. Just because a number of newbies like Sheamus or Del Rio have moved straight for World title doesn't mean that the second level proving ground that produced Rock/HHH isn't going to work for them.

First post as well! Smile

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Vince McMahon - His views on Daniel Bryan, Christian and John Morrison Empty Re: Vince McMahon - His views on Daniel Bryan, Christian and John Morrison

Post by talkingpoint Mon 21 Mar - 8:23

AberdeenSteve wrote:

John Morrison - Vince's own words "He can't kick anyone's ass in a real fight and therefore he can't be a top babyface". Vince also feels he just doesn't have the personality to be a bad guy

If this blog is truthful this confirms what a lot of fans have suspected about Vince's views on Morrison. But I just don't understand this attitude - is Vince saying that JoMo is a genuinely nice guy and doesn't have the innate aggression to be a real fighter? If so then that is the impression I've always got of Cena from TV and from interviews - he's always said he'd never try MMA and feels WWE is his home. So that doesn't seem to ring true, and besides this is wrestling not the UFC. Is Vince referring to his physique? But then Morrison may not be large but he certainly is cut and then again Edge is hardly ripped, Jericho likewise and HBK was never the largest guy to main event and yet all of them are multiple time world champions. Again that doesn't seem to ring true, as well larger muscles don't always make better fighters - just watch UFC and you'll see - more muscular guys gas quicker because they've got to push more blood around those muscles and they get heavier when tired. Stamina is really what a fighter needs. So I can't help but think this is just Vince's prejudiced opinion. Now I know he runs the WWE and I don't have that experience but nevertheless with a bit of repackaging I think JoMo could make a good top level babyface. And as far as Skip Sheffield goes does Vince really rate him that highly? Why? I didn't see anything in him in Nexus to suggest he could be the next Cena.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Mon 21 Mar - 14:04

I think the JoMo comment was a bit of a weird one. I mean, look at the amazing moments and acrobatics he's bought to the WWE lately!

1. The Starship Pain - Possibly one of the best turnbuckle moves Ive ever seen. To be honest, this is the sort of thing Id've expected Mysterio to do.

2. Royal Rumble - Being knocked off the ropes, only to jump across to the barricade AND hold on before walking on the barricade to jump onto the steps, and re-enter the Rumble. Possibly one of the best recoveries ever.

3. Climbing the Elimination Chamber - I've seen people climb the walls, but never the roof !!! And to then have the guts to drop onto an opponent from that height...Well...Just wow!

To be honest, I think that these are all things I wouldve thought Mysterio do, but then again, Mysterio doesnt seem to be pulling out the spectacular moves.

I think that Morrison would be great as a Champion if he was just given a chance...I never thought the Miz would make it when he first started, but how wrong I was !

Would just like to say, I think a match between Mysterio and Sin Cara would be great, when Sin Cara comes to fight, but what about a Morrison vs. Sin Cara match with more Parkour from Morrison ???
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down