The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ferrari & Force India Launch their 2012 cars

4 posters

Go down

Ferrari & Force India Launch their 2012 cars Empty Ferrari & Force India Launch their 2012 cars

Post by leachy15 Fri 03 Feb 2012, 10:05 am

Force India 2012 Car
http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/news/12477/7478233/Force-India-unveil-VJM05

Ferrari 2012 Car
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/16869320

To me they are ugly ugly cars. Nothing on McLaren which will look beautfiul this season if they all look like this.

leachy15

Back to top Go down

Ferrari & Force India Launch their 2012 cars Empty Re: Ferrari & Force India Launch their 2012 cars

Post by dummy_half Fri 03 Feb 2012, 11:14 am

Those nose sections are seriously F-ugly. Let's hope that they don't offer any aero advantage and we can do away with them either later in the season or at worst by next year.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Ferrari & Force India Launch their 2012 cars Empty Re: Ferrari & Force India Launch their 2012 cars

Post by Guest Fri 03 Feb 2012, 11:38 am

I dont understand why everyone is going so crazy about these noses...who cares!.....'They all look beautiful when they cross the finishing line first'. I want to see racing and watching some of the best drivers in action battling it out for a world title, irrespective of there platypus noses or not! Mclaren are the exception and I hope they know what they've done. The FIA dont make these rules for a team to then go against them. If Mclaren is the only non-playtpus nose, then I can see action being taken from the other teams. Its typical F1.....always needs a controversial story.

Last edited by John on Fri 03 Feb 2012, 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Fri 03 Feb 2012, 12:16 pm

I bet the RB doesnt have the platypus nose.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Feb 2012, 12:46 pm

Critical_mass wrote:I bet the RB doesnt have the platypus nose.

If it does? THEN......

1. Surely the teams will report the McLaren over it legality and safety.
or
2. Then at testing towards the end of february we will see the majority of the teams developing a nose to that of Mclaren's design (if it hadnt been banned at that point)

It's pretty obvious that these cars at the launches are the base models and that by australia the cars will be significantly altered, depending on certain data gathering during testing and dependent upon possible legality/banning moves by the FIA

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Fri 03 Feb 2012, 1:02 pm

Yeah i agree, these are clearly jsut bases.

If the the Mclaren car doesnt run away from the pack then i cant see any of the other teams bothering to complain about their nose.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Feb 2012, 1:20 pm

Apparently more and more is being revealed about the MP4-27. The McLaren has a tray/tongue system under front of their chassis and such a concept means they lower the chassis of the car and therefore dont require a 'broken' nose - platypus effect. Interesting stuff.

Yer I agree it all depends upon the success of the MP4-27, maybe in testing, before the teams would decide.

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Fri 03 Feb 2012, 1:29 pm

Ah that is interesting as. McGrath said their car is controversial and i think we'd agree, right now, it isnt. But i think there's more to unveil - which you've proven above John and there'll probably be more to come - hopefully.

Dont blame them for keeping it as under wraps as possible.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Fri 03 Feb 2012, 1:30 pm

Though why the need for the platypus nose or tray in the first place - whats differen to this years regs/cars thta they require either one of these?

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Sat 04 Feb 2012, 11:44 am

Well, that Ferrari is an ugly-looking brute, but it is definitely menacing. They promised to be "aggressive" with their new design and the F2012 looks like its ready to bite your head off!

In a strange way I actually like it - probably because it is so different.

Only thing that bothers me is the way they've got their exhaust exits angled downwards. Surely that will have some aerodynamic benefit?

In comparison the Force India looks pretty conservative. The platypus nose looks smaller and even more aggressively stepped than the Ferrari, but from the cockpit onwards it looks quite conventional, albeit with rounder, smoother bodywork. Almost looks like they've done a "cut and shut" and stuck the nose from another car on it.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Sat 04 Feb 2012, 11:49 am

leachy15 wrote:Force India 2012 Car
http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/news/12477/7478233/Force-India-unveil-VJM05

Ferrari 2012 Car
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/16869320

To me they are ugly ugly cars. Nothing on McLaren which will look beautfiul this season if they all look like this.

Better to be ugly and quick than beautiful but slow. Wink

Can't wait to see who's got their design calcs right. Which will be faster...the utilitarian-looking Ferrari or the sleek and pretty McLaren?

More to the point, will either of them be quicker than this season's Red Bull?
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Sat 04 Feb 2012, 6:33 pm

Course ugly and fast is better, but will it be fast. If not then its going to be a double wammy. Where as the Mclaren could be beautiful and fast... though if its not fast, it'll still be beautiful haha

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down