The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars 2

3 posters

Go down

Cars 2 Empty Cars 2

Post by Adam D Fri 29 Apr 2011, 9:50 am

My little boy loves Lightning McQueen and Mater. All he ever wants to do is play and talk about them and is really excited about the sequel about to be launched:

trailer

However, I have some bad news for him:

A Northland man involved in a lawsuit against two of the movie industry's biggest players finds out this week if American courts will stop a multi-million-dollar blockbuster reaching the big screen.

A British scriptwriter, Jake Mandeville-Anthony, is suing Walt Disney and Pixar Animation for breach of copyright, saying the animated film Cars is based on his ideas.

He is also seeking an injunction to stop the June 24 release of the sequel.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, Mandeville-Anthony wrote a three-part screenplay called Cookie and Co inspired by the real-life adventures of Kerikeri property developer Michael Perkins.

Mr Perkins and a friend won the 1988 London-to-Sydney Endurance Race in a vintage Vauxhall car they called Cookie.

Mandeville-Anthony also wrote a second work called Cars with a screenplay, 46 animated car character descriptions and 10 character sketches.

He showed the works to Walt Disney and to Lucas film executive Jim Morris in 1993. Mr Morris joined Pixar in 2005 and the following year the company released the film Cars, which tells the story of animated car characters as they travel Route 66.

The film earned $570 million.

Mr Perkins said he expected to find out this week whether the US courts would grant an injunction stopping the sequel's release.

He said Cookie and Co and Cars were inspired by his six-month drive across the Middle East and Asia in a 1924 Vauxhall Malvern three-seater.

"It was totally impractical for the journey, but it was just such a fun car to do it in. It was so high off the ground we could get across the Sinai Desert where there were no roads, and the engine had so much torque it got us out of some awful situations.

"It was the way I talked about Cookie. I'd say, 'She's done this' or 'Oh God, now she's done that' that brought about the idea of the cars as people, as talking characters," Mr Perkins said.

The similarities between Mandeville-Anthony's proposal and Pixar's film were "too much of a coincidence".

"When Cars came out in 2006, Jake was completely blown away by it.

"They'd taken the whole concept. He's been working up the case since then," he said.

Mandeville-Anthony is alleging copyright infringement and breach of implied contract. He is seeking damages as well as an injunction to stop Cars 2 reaching the big screen.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Cars 2 Empty Re: Cars 2

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed 04 May 2011, 7:47 pm

My little boy absolutely loves Cars aswell Hobbo, let's hope it still makes the big screen.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 25 Jun 2011, 11:51 pm

Not be long now.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 23 Jul 2011, 7:41 pm

Brilliant, took the kids yesterday.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jul 2011, 7:46 pm

Saw the previews last night, 3D looks great. (Im never going 2d again!)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 23 Jul 2011, 7:55 pm

Just went 2D YI, little boy gets annoyed with the glasses because they are too big. Seen Toy Story 3 in 3D.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jul 2011, 7:56 pm

I saw my first film in 3D last night (Harry Potter) and im in awe with the graphics. It's unreal the technology available to us now. The preview of cars 2 in 3D looked immense. Captain America in 3D also looked a good one.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sun 24 Jul 2011, 4:59 am

Did you see the new Tintin film advertised?, i thought that looked really good.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jul 2011, 9:39 am

No, we got The Smurfs, Captain America, Cars2 and the new Batman

Back to top Go down

Post by BigPhil Wed 27 Jul 2011, 11:44 pm

I got Horrid Henry, The Smurfs and Arietta (which looks like a superb, high class film - High hopes for that)

The film was rather good, Mater gets on my nerves a bit, particularly at the start but I guess thats his point.

3D I liked but the dim nature of it makes it a real turn off for me. It was just too dark at times such as the scene at the very start of the film.

I also would have liked to have the film focus on the championship rather than espionage but I guess I'm just nitpicking.

8/10 - extra point for the excellent Short Film

BigPhil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down