The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fed up of Warren Gatland

+19
maestegmafia
bedfordwelsh
CurlyOsp
Shifty
kiakahaaotearoa
Knowsit17
TycroesOsprey
gowales
RubyGuby
SecretFly
Comfort
beshocked
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
mckay1402
red_stag
HERSH
Smirnoffpriest
gnollbeast
MaxImise2012
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Fed up of Warren Gatland - Page 2 Empty Fed up of Warren Gatland

Post by MaxImise2012 Fri 03 Feb 2012, 1:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

I am a welsh fan who knows Wales' level and what reasonable expectations are. The one thing I do expect us to do is play a style of rugby that evolves, can be tweaked for purpose and gets the best out of our talent. In two major areas during Gatland's tenure we have got things wrong in terms of tactics and selection all too often. Here are just a few examples:

Fourth in the Six Nations in 2010 due to a turgid one dimensional game plan.

Making certain underperforming players undroppable for almost four years, ignoring form choices elsewhere.

Hook at full back.

Henson's soap opera before the world cup.

This new style of play that means we always kick long from the 22, up and under in the middle area of the field and keep in hand in the opponents 22.

But sure let's look at the side he's picked for Ireland on Sunday. Andy Powell is on the bench whereas Aaron Shingler who is a young talent who will be vital to Wales' next World Cup and Six Nations campaigns is not even on the bench, despite form and playing in Wales. Huw Bennett starts despite Ken Owen's impressive throwing stats in the Magners and his dynamic carries that he brings. Ryan Jones is so immobile he's had to become a second row plays in the back row! Roberts is deemed worthy of a place despite clearly not being fit - whereas the form choice Ashley Beck cannot even get on the bench because the shambolic Scott Williams is there! Then you've got Liam Williams who is better than Cuthbert but not as big having to play second fiddle!

I've no doubt that we will lose to Ireland and some of these selections will come back to haunt us, but be ignored and repeated. I've no doubt that our game plan will be exposed and manipulated and we will be ineffectual.

We wont score a try and we will lose by 15 points. If I am wrong I will happily take a lot of stick but I cannot see that being the case.

MaxImise2012

Back to top Go down

Fed up of Warren Gatland - Page 2 Empty Re: Fed up of Warren Gatland

Post by MaxImise2012 Sun 05 Feb 2012, 8:29 pm

Why dont we just get rid of the magners then? It's not international level at all. Let's just all turnout to watch the same wales 30 play 10 times a year! Owens has done his best. Give him a chance. If it goes wrong then you'll learn before the next world cup. As for Hook and Byrne why are these people in the squad? They are the Frank Lampard and Rio Ferdinand situation to make a cross sport comparison. Playing poorly, living off a reputation.

MaxImise2012

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun 05 Feb 2012, 8:32 pm

MaxImise2012 wrote:Wales 606. "Troll, WUM... blah blah" It's my opinion you numbskull! I was wrong today on a few things. And for that I hold my hands up.

However!

Owens instead of Bennettt - I stand by it
Liam Williams and Beck in with Tipuric on form and considering injuries. I stand by that.

That is my opinion. I am fed up of hearing these stupid internet phrases for an opinion that is different. If you think Cuthbert, Warburton and Roberts then that is fine. I respect that. I am just giving my own personal opinion.

Im still confused...

I didnt call you a WUM, or disparage your opinion - just gave my own.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxImise2012 Sun 05 Feb 2012, 8:36 pm

[/quote]I think all the welsh fans agree with you. The poster is a troll like EW above... probably the same bloke with another identity on here...![/quote]

As I was the original poster I assumed you were directing the troll comment to me. If not then I apologise.

MaxImise2012

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun 05 Feb 2012, 8:39 pm

MaxImise2012 wrote:
I think all the welsh fans agree with you. The poster is a troll like EW above... probably the same bloke with another identity on here...![/quote]

As I was the original poster I assumed you were directing the troll comment to me. If not then I apologise.[/quote]

Ummm, I didn't say that.

At least check before falsely quoting someone.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2