The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why didn't Nadal cry during the AO trophy ceremony?

+12
Simple_Analyst
Super D Boon
legendkillar
bogbrush
Tenez
socal1976
Veejay
noleisthebest
JuliusHMarx
amritia3ee
Chazfazzer
deeznu
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Why didn't Nadal cry during the AO trophy ceremony? Empty Why didn't Nadal cry during the AO trophy ceremony?

Post by deeznu Sun 05 Feb 2012, 11:19 pm

Fed cried 3 years ago. I was expecting the same from Nada. chin

Fed was trying to tie Sampras' slam record at the AO 2009 just like Nada was trying to tie Borg's slam record at the AO 2012.

You know how Fed has always been compared with Pete and Nada has always been compared with Borg...

So why no emotions? Is Nada a robot?

Fed has show that he IS human. thumbsup

deeznu

Back to top Go down

Why didn't Nadal cry during the AO trophy ceremony? Empty Re: Why didn't Nadal cry during the AO trophy ceremony?

Post by Chazfazzer Sun 05 Feb 2012, 11:27 pm

Nadal had probably sweated all of the liquid out of body, rendering him incapable of producing any tears.

Chazfazzer

Back to top Go down

Why didn't Nadal cry during the AO trophy ceremony? Empty Re: Why didn't Nadal cry during the AO trophy ceremony?

Post by amritia3ee Sun 05 Feb 2012, 11:31 pm

Rolling Eyes
He's a 26 year old man why would he cry.
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sun 05 Feb 2012, 11:32 pm

It's almost like different people react differently. Who'd have thought it?
There is no right or wrong way to react. Except maybe Hingis at the FO a while back.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by deeznu Sun 05 Feb 2012, 11:45 pm

amritia3ee wrote:Rolling Eyes
He's a 26 year old man why would he cry.

Fed was 27 when he cried. Rolling Eyes

deeznu

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Sun 05 Feb 2012, 11:50 pm

So that means everyone else has to cry when they lose as well chin
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun 05 Feb 2012, 11:56 pm

I didn't cry either....

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by deeznu Mon 06 Feb 2012, 12:01 am

noleisthebest wrote:I didn't cry either....

I laughed. Laugh

deeznu

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Mon 06 Feb 2012, 12:05 am

deeznu wrote:Fed cried 3 years ago. I was expecting the same from Nada. chin

Fed was trying to tie Sampras' slam record at the AO 2009 just like Nada was trying to tie Borg's slam record at the AO 2012.

You know how Fed has always been compared with Pete and Nada has always been compared with Borg...

For starters he has lost 7 times in a row so its not like this loss came as a huge shock,Im sure he was disappointed coming so close but he was dethroned by Djokovic on every surface last season and he hasnt been living with the same burden of expectation that Roger was to break Sampras' record.He went in as the underdog and looking at his track record at the AO,I think he surpassed at least my expectation by making the final, especially after all the reports of injuries and having to adjust to using a heavier frame
Rogers loss hit him harder cause it made him realise that he may never break the record and he knew he would face the full wrath from the media and read his obituary in the following mornings newspaper.The way he lost the 5th set was also heart breaking

Nadal isnt a robot he is a human like Roger.I recall he was very emotional after losing 07 Wimbledon and he said he managed to keep it under control until he reached the locker room.He has to be commended for that,it must be incredibly hard to keep your emotions in tact under such intense pressure

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon 06 Feb 2012, 7:49 am

As I have stated before, I view male crying as a no unless under extreme physical pain or you received the news of a death of a close family member or the oncoming of terminal disease. I maybe sexist, chauvinistic, medieval or whatever. I find men crying in public to be very disturbing and disconcerting. Losing a grandslam final is not in my opinion rise to the level of male crying. That being said, Roger is his own person and do what he wants. And at the same time, I still don't like to see it.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon 06 Feb 2012, 8:51 am

socal1976 wrote:That being said, Roger is his own person and do what he wants. And at the same time, I still don't like to see it.

Yes and the difference between living like Federer or living like Socal is worth a few public tears imo!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 06 Feb 2012, 8:55 am

Tenez wrote:
socal1976 wrote:That being said, Roger is his own person and do what he wants. And at the same time, I still don't like to see it.

Yes and the difference between living like Federer or living like Socal is worth a few public tears imo!

I reckon we all live more like Socal than we do like Federer. Spare a few tears for me as well.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon 06 Feb 2012, 2:13 pm

Tenez wrote:

Tenez, don't worry about me, and don't make assumptions you just might be surprised.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon 06 Feb 2012, 2:14 pm

PS i still oppose public male crying except in rare occassions I find few things more disturbing.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon 06 Feb 2012, 2:17 pm

deeznu wrote:Fed cried 3 years ago. I was expecting the same from Nada. chin

The difference is in disappointment. Federer went into his match with belief and hope, Nadal into his knowing that he would lose.

That he didn't receive a 3 set schooling was cause for great rejoicing in Team Nadal, so no need for tears at all.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon 06 Feb 2012, 2:19 pm

socal1976 wrote:As I have stated before, I view male crying as a no unless under extreme physical pain or you received the news of a death of a close family member or the oncoming of terminal disease. I maybe sexist, chauvinistic, medieval or whatever. I find men crying in public to be very disturbing and disconcerting. Losing a grandslam final is not in my opinion rise to the level of male crying. That being said, Roger is his own person and do what he wants. And at the same time, I still don't like to see it.

This is interesting. I am disconcerted if a person attacks someone else, or in some ways commits an act of indecency. Emotion is not difficult for me, I am quite relaxed about it.

Is there something you'd like to take the forum into your confidence over? Perhaps something from an early age that is not resolved?
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon 06 Feb 2012, 2:30 pm

Up to this very moment, I never thought much of men's crying during ceremonies. Generally, I prefer not to see men cry in a trophy presentation, but no big deal if they do.

I have just realised it's only been Federer and Murray to have done it. Murray at least knew when to stop and won many hearts with that line: I can cry like Roger I wish I could play tennis like him.
Federer went over the top with hogging the microphone twice, but after all, that's quite a memorable scene which kind of goes into tennis legends.

The pair definitely come across as the softer duo in the top 4 group.

Some tears are impossible to control.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon 06 Feb 2012, 2:43 pm

I would like to see Nadal and Federer to an on-stage theatre version of Brokeback Mountain.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon 06 Feb 2012, 2:49 pm

legendkillar wrote:I would like to see Nadal and Federer to an on-stage theatre version of Brokeback Mountain.

Would you indeed. Shocked
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon 06 Feb 2012, 2:52 pm

No legend, call it cultural hang ups of middle eastern man. It gives me the heeby jeebies to see a grown man cry in public. Otherwise I am a pretty liberal guy in most respects.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon 06 Feb 2012, 3:01 pm

I have always rejected the idea that Federer cried because he lost that AO09 final. And I still do. If he had a real reason to cry for losing a slam, it woudl have been WImby 08....but there he did not cry.

The reason why he cried is simple. He gave it all that day and may have been fighting a niggle injury. When the ceremony came he had no energy left to retain emotions.

In AO 2007 it was exactly the same thing, except that he won that day. He had that ankle injury he got in Nov and was going through tough rounds v Davydenko, Haas, and Bagdhatis and when Laver came on stage he cried like a baby....he used the excuse of Laver delivering the trophy (laughable really) as teh reason of his tears but the fact is simple, exhaustion and fight till the end was teh reason why he had no energy to keep his emotions in check.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon 06 Feb 2012, 3:41 pm

Fed has show that he IS human.

------------

No he showed us that he's a conceited individual.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Mon 06 Feb 2012, 4:03 pm

I'll rather say he is a "conceited fool"
Why go into a match expecting victory against a player who has owned you in your career and laughably bursting into uncontrollable tears at the trophy presentation.
He should have known he was likely going to lose and keep him self in order.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon 06 Feb 2012, 4:09 pm

Simple_Analyst wrote:I'll rather say he is a "conceited fool"
Why go into a match expecting victory against a player who has owned you in your career and laughably bursting into uncontrollable tears at the trophy presentation?

How long? 10 years? 10 years soon that you have endured Federer dominating tennis, bagging all those slams, beating Sampras and bagelling Nadal as recently as a couple of months ago?

Must have been tough for you. Is that why you got interested in NFL as a distraction? And now you see Djoko humiliating Nadal like no other top player has in the past.

This is cruel. Can't you pick teh right horse for once?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Mon 06 Feb 2012, 4:35 pm

Lol what is he on about? This is about Federer's laughable actions at AO 09. You go into a match thinking you are destined to win, only shameful tears will be the out come.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon 06 Feb 2012, 4:48 pm

You keep laughing on your own as Veejay says.

10 years of catastrophic tennis results. Cry

Has NFL treated you any better or did you pick the wrong horses there as well?

Last edited by Tenez on Mon 06 Feb 2012, 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Mon 06 Feb 2012, 5:08 pm

veejay? Ask the mods what i said to him last time. It was worse than the forever trolling in cyber space comment i handed to you last time.

The difference between you and i is before you go to bed tonight, you'll think 18-9 with a possible thought of 6-1,6-3,6-0. Then you'll proceed to google and type in "PEDs and Nadal" Laugh

Me, before bed tonight i'll think of 7-0, smile about the domination and accept Djokovic is a great player then sleep.
You see, you are suffering over Federer, i'm enjoying the sport and the players.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 06 Feb 2012, 5:16 pm

Simple_Analyst wrote:Me, before bed tonight i'll think of 7-0...

Crikey, now I really am a bit worried about you.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon 06 Feb 2012, 5:17 pm

Simple_Analyst wrote:Me, before bed tonight i'll think of 7-0

So is that what you think before going to bed (your own words!!!!)? Cry

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Mon 06 Feb 2012, 5:25 pm

Of course it's only fair i put myself in your shoes that before bed you'll think 18-9 , 6-1,6-3,6-0 then to google for PEDs search so it's only fair i also think about 7-0 and what my proceeding action will be after such thought- sleep Laugh

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon 06 Feb 2012, 5:42 pm

Simple_Analyst wrote:Of course it's only fair i put myself in your shoes that before bed you'll think 18-9 , 6-1,6-3,6-0 then to google for PEDs search so it's only fair i also think about 7-0 and what my proceeding action will be after such thought- sleep Laugh

You put yourself in my shoes? Well I go to bed with a lovely wife who never has headaches so there is very little room in my mind for 4 year old tennis results.

So what do you tell yourself then when you remember 7/0 just before dozing? "Next time for sure, Nadal will get him"? Sweet dreams! Laugh

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Mon 06 Feb 2012, 5:47 pm

Tenez wrote:
Simple_Analyst wrote:Of course it's only fair i put myself in your shoes that before bed you'll think 18-9 , 6-1,6-3,6-0 then to google for PEDs search so it's only fair i also think about 7-0 and what my proceeding action will be after such thought- sleep Laugh

You put yourself in my shoes? Well I go to bed with a lovely wife who never has headaches so there is very little room in my mind for 4 year old tennis results.

So what do you tell yourself then when you remember 7/0 just before dozing? "Next time for sure, Nadal will get him"? Sweet dreams! Laugh

Vamos Rafa! Tenez' wife believe it, he actually has one is a fan of you.

Well when i think 7/0, i think i all the things you mentioned. Then i also think but could have been worse, i could be googling PEDs and Djokovic like Tenez has spent every night of his life doing because of 18-9 and 6-1,6-3,6-0 Laugh

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon 06 Feb 2012, 5:52 pm

"Our Father in Heaven
Hallowed be your name
Make Rafa beat Nole
I have been waiting for 10 years
for a positive result in tennis...
Amen....
"
Drool

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Mon 06 Feb 2012, 5:59 pm

Our father in Basel
Hallowed be your name
Thy volleys come, thy will be done on Match Points
Make Federer beat Nadal in a slam
I've been waiting for 5 years
for Tenez to have a peaceful night sleep
Amen..........

angel

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by spuranik Mon 06 Feb 2012, 6:13 pm

Federer as a volleyer, hmm... His vollying was enough in that one game 11 years ago...

It is not 18-9 that gives pleasure to SA... It is the H2H of 1-0 that still rankles his mind...

spuranik

Back to top Go down

Post by stratocumulus Mon 06 Feb 2012, 6:19 pm

The answer is simple, Nadal and Roger are two different individuals and like any other 2 people react differently to given situations. I have not seen federer lying on the court after winning a slam. He comes to the net and shakes hand with the other player.
Fed never waste time between points Nadal does.
Fed rarely says come on/Nadal pumps his fists on every point and shouts BAMOS!
fed has never pulled his thongs/ nadal does:)
fed plays aggressive tennis/ nadal plays defensive tennis
fad does not bite the trophy/ nadal bites the trophy
fed likes to wear bandana/ rafa too weards bandana

stratocumulus

Back to top Go down

Post by stratocumulus Mon 06 Feb 2012, 6:21 pm

I saw nadal crying during the match when he challenged his own serve to be called out Very Happy

stratocumulus

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Mon 06 Feb 2012, 10:42 pm

Simple_Analyst wrote:veejay? Ask the mods what i said to him last time. It was worse than the forever trolling in cyber space comment i handed to you last time.

The difference between you and i is before you go to bed tonight, you'll think 18-9 with a possible thought of 6-1,6-3,6-0. Then you'll proceed to google and type in "PEDs and Nadal" Laugh

Me, before bed tonight i'll think of 7-0, smile about the domination and accept Djokovic is a great player then sleep.
You see, you are suffering over Federer, i'm enjoying the sport and the players.

Nah.. seriously..the difference between you and me is that I'll be thinking about and looking forward to all the loving I'm gonna get in bed tonight while you'll be thinking/patting yourself on the back about how great Nadals winning h2h makes you look on a forum to a bunch of people you have never and probably never will meet in your life and that its amazing that after all this time you can still find credible doping suspicions funny...its like laughing at the same joke every day Very Happy Very Happy
I guess that saying is true in every sense.. small things ( PED's to you) amuses small minds..

Last edited by Veejay on Mon 06 Feb 2012, 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Mon 06 Feb 2012, 11:23 pm

SA

7-0 all in finals how gutting that must be.

Why didn't Nadal cry during the AO trophy ceremony? Smiley-laughing001
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Tue 07 Feb 2012, 12:18 am

Don't worry Josiah at least he got to the final.
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Tue 07 Feb 2012, 12:27 am

16-14 in the Djokodal H2H.

Just imagine if Djokovic didn't go crap from mid '08 to '11, we would be talking about a clear lead in Djoko's favour for sure. kiss
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Tue 07 Feb 2012, 12:31 am

Josiah Maiestas wrote:16-14 in the Djokodal H2H.

That comment really cheered me up. Ok!
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Feb 2012, 3:25 am

For those who are Rafa supporters, then this following clip, contains a section towards the end where Andre Agassi infers that Rafael Nadal might be better than Roger Federer, despite Roger having more trophies, if Rafael Nadal wins the 2010 US Open (check out 1:50 onwards): http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/hardtalk/8944340.stm

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Tue 07 Feb 2012, 10:54 am

Of course he plays better than Federer...on slow surfaces... give him a fast typical surface and watch him bend over to Master Fedex.

Hug
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Tue 07 Feb 2012, 12:21 pm

Something to do with not wanting to ruin the ceremony?

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Tue 07 Feb 2012, 12:43 pm

There were no large onions in the stadium for the final this year like there was in '09. Hug
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Tue 07 Feb 2012, 2:48 pm

Nore Staat wrote:For those who are Rafa supporters, then this following clip, contains a section towards the end where Andre Agassi infers that Rafael Nadal might be better than Roger Federer, despite Roger having more trophies, if Rafael Nadal wins the 2010 US Open (check out 1:50 onwards): http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/hardtalk/8944340.stm

I have to agree with this,Nadal is setting records Roger never has or ever will....he rewrote the history books at this years AO final,became the first player ever to lose 3 consecutive grand slam finals
Im not sure where the 7 streak loss in finals rates him on the list of greatest all times losers ....but its definitely looking like 7 and counting

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue 07 Feb 2012, 3:18 pm

Agassi was probably on meth again!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Feb 2012, 3:23 pm

Agassi's statement is just the usual flavour of the month stuff that these guys come out with. I bet he won't be saying the same thing now!

Debates regarding GOAT have no perspective when conducted in a contemporary framework. The dust should be allowed to settle first. Unfortunately the continuing nature of sport never allows this to happen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Tue 07 Feb 2012, 8:22 pm

Tenez wrote:Agassi was probably on meth again!

I would actually like to hear his real opinion Very Happy Very Happy

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next