The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

did Roddick get a ceremony/tribute?

+2
socal1976
CAS
6 posters

Go down

did Roddick get a ceremony/tribute? Empty did Roddick get a ceremony/tribute?

Post by CAS Thu 25 Oct 2012 - 15:03

just occurred to me while watching the Juan Carlos Ferrero ceremony, I don't remember Andy getting a big send off? I remember Moya and Safin having celebrations as well, did he elect not to?

CAS

Back to top Go down

did Roddick get a ceremony/tribute? Empty Re: did Roddick get a ceremony/tribute?

Post by socal1976 Thu 25 Oct 2012 - 17:17

I think Roddick wasn't into all that type of stuff, he strikes me as more nose to the grindstone old school type of guy who probably wouldn't want to be bothered with the extra ass kissing he would receive.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

did Roddick get a ceremony/tribute? Empty Re: did Roddick get a ceremony/tribute?

Post by CAS Thu 25 Oct 2012 - 17:35

fair enough, but with his career I expected something big to be honest. God only knows what sort of thing is going to go down when Roger retires

CAS

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Thu 25 Oct 2012 - 17:51

Personally, I can do without the long goodbye tours. I find them syruppy and cheesy for my tastes. I don't like watching people be showered with effusive praise even if they deserve it. Frankly, it is a bit nauseating. I am not a big fan of Roddick but if he passed on the sappy goodbye ceremony that is a big plus in my book. Just take the gold watch, keep the goodbyes short and sweet and please no public male crying, it gives me the willies.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu 25 Oct 2012 - 19:12

CAS wrote:fair enough, but with his career I expected something big to be honest. God only knows what sort of thing is going to go down when Roger retires
Attendances? Viewing figures?
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 25 Oct 2012 - 19:18

CAS wrote:fair enough, but with his career I expected something big to be honest. God only knows what sort of thing is going to go down when Roger retires

It will be like Rudolph Valentino's funeral with women weepiing and floppy-haired men prostrating themselves in front of him. Federer's tears will be caught in vials and sold on e-bay.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by carrieg4 Thu 25 Oct 2012 - 20:05

#humble

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Thu 25 Oct 2012 - 20:40

JuliusHMarx wrote:

It will be like Rudolph Valentino's funeral with women weepiing and floppy-haired men prostrating themselves in front of him. Federer's tears will be caught in vials and sold on e-bay.

This is why i can't stand the soppy good bye tours. Lets leave it with a little dignity, not like some jilted lover prostrating ourselves to said notable tennis player.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Oct 2012 - 20:58

socal1976 wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

This is why i can't stand the soppy good bye tours. Lets leave it with a little dignity, not like some jilted lover prostrating ourselves to said notable tennis player.

I'm sure the tennis world would like to give Federer a great send off.. Novak on the other hand, mmm...

Why is it again that you don't like these send offs?

In any case, who's talking about long, soppy send-off tours. Didn't Andre just do a very short speech at W and a tearful finale at the USO. As for Safin, Ferrer, Moya et al, it just consisted of a short ceremony - hardly some undignified mess.

Of course it's not like you to exaggerate Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Thu 25 Oct 2012 - 21:14

I can do without the good bye speech. I hate watching public ass kissing that is why I can't stand to watch the oscar's or awards shows. All a bunch of people stroking each other in public. I find it to be a big waste of time and nauseating. That is just me, I am not saying they should ban them, just saying that I won't be watching or will be pushing fast forward on the DVR.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Sat 27 Oct 2012 - 18:55

I was at the WTF in London the last few years and in one of them I was there and Carlos Moya came on to an ovation and quick interview and send off. So, maybe they have invited Roddick this year.

However I don't he would go for it unless he was in London anyway.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down