The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should Andy Robinson go after this 6 nations? (second vote)

+7
George Carlin
gowales
Pat_Mustard
funnyExiledScot
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Tattie Scones RRN
R!skysports
11 posters

Go down

Should Andy Robinson go after this 6 nations?

Should Andy Robinson go after this 6 nations? (second vote) Vote_lcap55%Should Andy Robinson go after this 6 nations? (second vote) Vote_rcap 55% 
[ 16 ]
Should Andy Robinson go after this 6 nations? (second vote) Vote_lcap21%Should Andy Robinson go after this 6 nations? (second vote) Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 6 ]
Should Andy Robinson go after this 6 nations? (second vote) Vote_lcap24%Should Andy Robinson go after this 6 nations? (second vote) Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 29

Should Andy Robinson go after this 6 nations? (second vote) Empty Should Andy Robinson go after this 6 nations? (second vote)

Post by R!skysports Mon 06 Feb 2012, 9:21 am

So before the first round we have the results of the poll

Yes 25% [ 11 ]
No 30% [ 13 ]
Depends if Scotland finish higher that 2nd last 44%

So lets see if this has changed after the terribile result at the weekend

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Should Andy Robinson go after this 6 nations? (second vote) Empty Re: Should Andy Robinson go after this 6 nations? (second vote)

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Mon 06 Feb 2012, 9:51 am

My mind hasn't changed since last time - and never will.

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Should Andy Robinson go after this 6 nations? (second vote) Empty Re: Should Andy Robinson go after this 6 nations? (second vote)

Post by R!skysports Mon 06 Feb 2012, 10:02 am

Tattie Scones RRN wrote:My mind hasn't changed since last time - and never will.

I think you will be getting some more followers

Can you imagine if Parks is selected again for this weekends game - I think my head would explode... mad

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Mon 06 Feb 2012, 1:43 pm

So a slight swing to Yes - how will the team selection affect the result - stay tuned

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon 06 Feb 2012, 1:46 pm

"Slight swing"!!!! You should be in politics, Risky! Limited sample I'll give you or even low turnout, ...

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 06 Feb 2012, 2:00 pm

I still put the third option but I'm the eternal optimist - 4 wins still possible...

Utterly dreadful experience on Saturday. I hope Robinson is pleased with himself. Parks' "experience" really paid off for us. Best players were Denton and Rennie - neither with much "experience". Can't put my finger on it but I think there's a lesson to be learnt here. Form vs Experience.....

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Mon 06 Feb 2012, 2:02 pm

ASBO - well if you look at how many Scots post here, that is nearly a full turn out :-)

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Mon 06 Feb 2012, 2:41 pm

Scotland v England analysis on the BBC website prior to the game. Andy Nicol commented.....

Who are the key men?

AN: It's very clear that Dan Parks has been brought in to get Scotland playing in the right areas of the pitch. It is something the fly-half does very well - his tactical kicking game is probably one of the best in the tournament and he understands the angles. He's got a unique, low kicking style but it is very accurate.

So accurate infact, that he managed to pick out Hodgson's hand which is no mean feat!

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon 06 Feb 2012, 2:43 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:I still put the third option but I'm the eternal optimist - 4 wins still possible...
Bliwdy fence-sitter, mind the barbed-wire doesnae get up yer erse!!! Wink

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Pat_Mustard Mon 06 Feb 2012, 3:03 pm

I've put depends, but for me it depends entirely on the selection for the next match. If he selects a team to attack and score tries rather than one purely designed to stop Wales and nothing else, then he should stay. This means picking form players, either Laidlaw or Weir (or both) starting and promoting players from the A squad (Hogg at the very least). Ideally Scott would start at 12 but he may decline the invitation if as rumoured he's concentrating on his education right now. If Parks or Morrison start, Robinson must go.

Pat_Mustard

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Mon 06 Feb 2012, 3:07 pm

I think he should go with Scott, Laidlaw etc... Hes got nothing to lose now. If you win then its great if you lose then you at least tried these players.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 07 Feb 2012, 9:13 am

The final nail in Robinson's coffin: Ranked 11th in world

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 07 Feb 2012, 2:02 pm

And the Hootsman's take on it:
"Calcutta Cup defeat sees Scots slip out of top ten Andy Robinson's team have slipped out of the top ten. [/b]

By STUART BATHGATE

SCOTLAND have fallen out of world rugby’s top ten after their 13-6 defeat by England on Saturday. Andy Robinson’s squad are now 11th, having swapped places with Samoa. Wales go up two places from eighth to sixth in the IRB’s official world rankings, while Ireland, who lost 23-21 at home by the Welsh on Sunday, make the opposite move. The top ten is otherwise unchanged from last week, with Tonga in ninth just ahead of their South Seas rivals. Twelfth-placed Italy are now immediately behind Scotland in the rankings, and are the only Six Nations team to be lower. There was one piece of good news for Robinson yesterday, however, with the announcement from team doctor James Robson that the players who had been injured in the Calcutta Cup match were responding well to treatment. “Scotland physiotherapists Paul McGinley and Stephen Mutch have spent today intensively treating a number of the squad following the weekend match against England,” Robson said yesterday. “The players are responding positively to that treatment, in particular Richie Gray, David Denton, Alastair Kellock and Nick de Luca.” Those four had been mentioned by Robson on Sunday as “the most significant” casualties from the game, all of them having received dead legs. Their recovery makes it more likely that Robinson will only be forced into one change to his starting line-up for Sunday’s game against Wales – the replacement of tight-head prop Euan Murray, who declines to play on the Sabbath. Geoff Cross, who came on as a replacement against England, is set to take Murray’s place. Alasdair Dickinson should move up on to the bench provided he gets over the shoulder injury which saw him ruled out of the opening weekend of the RBS Six Nations Championship."
All I can say is that I hope that Bathgate know nothing more about the selection than we do, cos if there's only the one change (Cross for the Rev) it's a disaster censored

Surely it must have dawned on McLachlan, Lockhead and Dodson that 11th in the world rankings isn't good enough - we've only got till December to fix it before the draw for he next RWC is made - this is SERIOUS. Time for Robinson to get over his stubborn pride, admit that he was wrong, and come up with a new gameplan that doesn't involve hoofing the ball back to the oppo mad

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Tue 07 Feb 2012, 2:08 pm

FFS this is ridiculous - although not altogether surprising.

We will be the laughing stock of the rugby world should the same team be fielded.

As - you staying over Sunday night or heading straight back? We'll be in the box by the time you get there so a pre-match nippy sweetie is out until after the game.

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 07 Feb 2012, 3:16 pm

I'm fascinated by Robinson.

He must read the press and in particular quotes from people like Jim Hamilton saying that all of the constant squad changes are unsettling for the players.

He must know that the demands for the few changes he is resisting (let's give him his dues, he did actually select Rennie, Denton and Jones for the last match) are based not only on what is fashionable but also club form, and in a very real sense, sheer effing common sense.

Does he think he is being a 'strong character' by resisting? Would he rather lose his job doing things his way rather than toadying to public outcry?

As has been mentioned above, surely there is absolute liberation in selection in knowing that he really has nothing to lose. He can choose all of the youngsters he likes, he just needs to say that he's building for the next world cup.

Would love to get the big chap a bit p!ssed and just ask him to explain himself.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scot Abroad Tue 07 Feb 2012, 3:38 pm

Tattie Scones RRN wrote:Scotland v England analysis on the BBC website prior to the game. Andy Nicol commented.....

Who are the key men?

AN: It's very clear that Dan Parks has been brought in to get Scotland playing in the right areas of the pitch. It is something the fly-half does very well - his tactical kicking game is probably one of the best in the tournament and he understands the angles. He's got a unique, low kicking style but it is very accurate.

So accurate infact, that he managed to pick out Hodgson's hand which is no mean feat!

I believe Parks had a side bet with Fodden that he could find him with a kick no matter where he was on the pitch. The upside of the result was that Parks won the tenner bet.

While I'm of the opinion that Robbo should go, I'm not ruling out him saving himself.

Scot Abroad

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Tue 07 Feb 2012, 3:50 pm

The Scotsman are an anti-room of M'field so usually get it not too badly wrong. This is awful news. Suppose it saves Robinson from penning a resignation letter as if DD gets anywhere near the starting 22 after a display like that, over 58 excruciating minutes, then thats as good as quitting for me ! mad
21st Century Schizoid Man
21st Century Schizoid Man

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Wed 08 Feb 2012, 9:37 am

After the treatement of Parks yesterday, I think AR position is becoming untenable

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 08 Feb 2012, 2:44 pm

"Congratulations to Greig on his first start," said Robinson.

"He is a gifted footballer who is acclimatising very well to the differing demands of the stand-off position from having spent most of his career at scrum-half.

"Having lost last weekend, I believe the time is right to move on and look to develop our emerging talent at stand-off."
As close as we'll ever get to, 'Sorry, i was wrong'!

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Wed 08 Feb 2012, 4:02 pm

Next week it'll be....

'Having lost at the weekend, I believe the time is right to move on and look to develop our emerging talent at full back'

2 weeks later.....

'Having lost at the weekend, I believe the time is right to move on and look to develop our emerging talent at inside centre'

And by the end, it'll hopefully be...

''Having lost at the weekend, I believe the time is right to move on and look to develop our emerging talent at head coach level'

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Wed 08 Feb 2012, 5:00 pm

If it is true that he did persuade a reluctant/hesitant Parks to play for Scotland, then as good as use him as a scapegoat then he needs to go. His comments after were not fantastic. This is a man who is refusing to admit he's made bad choices, and with this underwhelming selection this weekend, I'll be surprised if we pull off a victory. Sure, include Laidlaw, but the logical step in including Laidlaw is to include Blair, as they are a functional unit, Laidlaw has only trained with Cusiter and not played with him at club OR even international, it doesn't make any sense. Matt Scott should have been promoted for at least the game on Sunday, although its still a bit of an enigma as to whether he's making himself available or not. After his game last week, Rory Lamont should NOT be starting at fullback, Hogg has proven himself more than capable, why not start with him? He really does baffle me as a selector, considering he's generally a very pragmatic coach. At least Morrison isn't on the team sheet...

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Wed 08 Feb 2012, 6:39 pm

Telfer has it nailed down here http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/16954576

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Wed 08 Feb 2012, 6:44 pm

I said on a simalar thread to this, that you should atleast waite untill the 6ns is over before calling for Robinsons head.

But seeing how Dan Parks as now retired with emediate effect, Well maybe Robinson should go definately.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down