The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should Andy Robinson go after this 6 nations? (5th Vote)

+20
mystiroakey
21st Century Schizoid Man
MacKnocked-on
irj71
SecretFly
123skelm
CaleyShaun
offload
NeilyBroon
Scot Abroad
bsando
RuggerRadge2611
Tattie Scones RRN
George Carlin
glamorganalun
KickAndChase
TJ1
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
R!skysports
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Should Andy Robinson go after this 6 nations? (5th Vote) Vote_lcap39%Should Andy Robinson go after this 6 nations? (5th Vote) Vote_rcap 39% 
[ 18 ]
Should Andy Robinson go after this 6 nations? (5th Vote) Vote_lcap54%Should Andy Robinson go after this 6 nations? (5th Vote) Vote_rcap 54% 
[ 25 ]
Should Andy Robinson go after this 6 nations? (5th Vote) Vote_lcap7%Should Andy Robinson go after this 6 nations? (5th Vote) Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 46

Should Andy Robinson go after this 6 nations? (5th Vote) Empty Should Andy Robinson go after this 6 nations? (5th Vote)

Post by R!skysports Tue 28 Feb 2012, 10:24 am

Previous votes

Round 1 23 4
Yes 25% 55% 42% 52%
no 30% 20%37% 32%
Depends if Scotland finish higher that 2nd last 44% 24% 20% 14%

So, after the fifth straight loss, and Scotland dropping down the rankings, has the two tries and good performance done enough to stave off the anti Andy voting, or is it too late for most supporters.

Please vote and let me know your thoughts

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Should Andy Robinson go after this 6 nations? (5th Vote) Empty Re: Should Andy Robinson go after this 6 nations? (5th Vote)

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 28 Feb 2012, 10:26 am

Can we have an option to keep him as a coach but to transfer team selection to an independent body (say, 606v2 posters, for example)?

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Should Andy Robinson go after this 6 nations? (5th Vote) Empty Re: Should Andy Robinson go after this 6 nations? (5th Vote)

Post by TJ1 Tue 28 Feb 2012, 10:37 am

Once again

He failed with England. he has failed with Scotland. he wants to bring in another failure to help him - Johnson.

His selections and substitutions have made the difference between winning and loosing.

His treatment of Parks was disgraceful

We have hardly won a competitive game, we have slid down the rankings

We still lost at the weekend and once again with DeLuca his selection was shown to be at fault.

An honourable man would have gone after the WC

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 28 Feb 2012, 11:01 am

Riskysports wrote:Should Andy Robinson go after this 6 nations? (5th Vote)

Previous votes

Round 1 23 4
Yes 25% 55% 42% 52%
no 30% 20%37% 32%
Depends if Scotland finish higher that 2nd last 44% 24% 20% 14%

So, after the fifth straight loss, and Scotland dropping down the rankings, has the two tries and good performance done enough to stave off the anti Andy voting, or is it too late for most supporters.

Please vote and let me know your thoughts

btw, don't think there's any real chance of us finishing better than 2nd last (again) Sad

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by KickAndChase Tue 28 Feb 2012, 11:02 am

I'm abstaining this time. For all his flaws, and despite it perhaps being his fault in the first place, he might just be the only man that can bring us out of the hole. I don't know this time.

KickAndChase

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Tue 28 Feb 2012, 11:19 am

Robinson is the best man for the job IMO, he is getting together a good team and it will take time to turn around a team lacking in depth but there are signs of talent coming through. Robinson cannot be blamed for the lack of players to select from, maybe it is the Scotish rugby union should be to blame for reducing their top teams from 3 to 2 similar to the WRU dropping from 5 to 4 teams.

Stick with Robinson for the next RWC and decide then if they need to change, the previous management were not as good at least the defence against Wales was good for most of the match and the attack is getting there.

Come on Scotland we all need you to keep the standard of the 6N as high as possible.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 28 Feb 2012, 12:17 pm

I am also abstaining in the manner of a huge jessie.

Andy is becoming the Marmite of coaches.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Tue 28 Feb 2012, 12:24 pm

Go.......now.

No matter what has happened in the last couple of games, I know that as soon as all the donkeys are available for selection he will pick them and drop the youngsters.

Our potential is being completely wasted by a man who, although a good coach, cannot identify and pick players to score the points to win matches.

Take that numpty baws Townsend with you.

And Scott Scott Johnson - another failure in the making.

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Tue 28 Feb 2012, 12:41 pm

glamorganalun
Robinson is the best man for the job IMO, he is getting together a good team and it will take time

He has had 3 years during which time we have slid down the rankings
but there are signs of talent coming through. Robinson cannot be blamed for the lack of players to select from,

He refuses to select the young talented players until he is forced to

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Thu 01 Mar 2012, 11:30 am

Better game against France and his selection of Barclay at 6 was proved to be a good decision.

However I still feel he has not picked the best players for a while now and although not embarassing themselves, Morrison and Lamont were not great in the centres. NDL made a much better impact when he came on.

Furthermore Hogg's try : Laidlaw to Jones to Hogg.

66% of that backline would not have got their chance had it not been for retirements and injuries.

He still has to go though the results demand it. 12th on the IRB world rankings? vomit
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Thu 01 Mar 2012, 1:16 pm

I don't really pay much attention to the world rankings. However, our tests to the pacific Islands in the summer will be great and perhaps more exciting knowing we're sitting around the same rank as Samoa & Fiji. Despite our slip, AR did actually get Scotland to the highest ranking we have ever had, even if it was only for a week or so.

I've voted no every vote. AR will have to do something a lot worse to make me feel he's ill suited for the job. I still think he's doing very well and is the right man to take us to the world cup 2015. I think many fans want the impossible, even if Graham Henry took over we'd still struggle to win games. Its going to take a little longer for us, we're not blessed with as many talented players as other countries. But we're on the right track. This time next year we'll have a pretty solid squad. By then I am sure we'll be getting some better results but it may take a bit longer. I am happy to wait, a quick fix is not the answer.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Thu 01 Mar 2012, 1:22 pm

bsando wrote:I don't really pay much attention to the world rankings. However, our tests to the pacific Islands in the summer will be great and perhaps more exciting knowing we're sitting around the same rank as Samoa & Fiji. Despite our slip, AR did actually get Scotland to the highest ranking we have ever had, even if it was only for a week or so.

I've voted no every vote. AR will have to do something a lot worse to make me feel he's ill suited for the job. I still think he's doing very well and is the right man to take us to the world cup 2015. I think many fans want the impossible, even if Graham Henry took over we'd still struggle to win games. Its going to take a little longer for us, we're not blessed with as many talented players as other countries. But we're on the right track. This time next year we'll have a pretty solid squad. By then I am sure we'll be getting some better results but it may take a bit longer. I am happy to wait, a quick fix is not the answer.

Heard that one before. Last year to be specific, and the year before that and so on and so forth.

RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 01 Mar 2012, 1:38 pm

bsando wrote:I don't really pay much attention to the world rankings. However, our tests to the pacific Islands in the summer will be great and perhaps more exciting knowing we're sitting around the same rank as Samoa & Fiji. Despite our slip, AR did actually get Scotland to the highest ranking we have ever had, even if it was only for a week or so.

Exactly, bsando, so let's select them then, rather than say that they're on the radar but it's too big a match/occasion to bring in new blood OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Thu 01 Mar 2012, 2:05 pm

In addition...

The rankings do matter as they determine seeds for the WC.

We are dangerously close to emulating the national football team in that we'll be placed in groups near on impossible to qualify from.

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by Scot Abroad Thu 01 Mar 2012, 3:44 pm

Tattie Scones RRN wrote:In addition...

The rankings do matter as they determine seeds for the WC.

We are dangerously close to emulating the national football team in that we'll be placed in groups near on impossible to qualify from.

Bingo, if we're not in the top 8 in December then we'll be stuck in a group with two good teams like last year. We need a solid summer tour with a win against an Oz side who will probably play a reserve team given they play Wales on the Saturday. 3 wins is what we should be looking for. For the Autumn internationals we should be looking for a good performance against NZ, we're the only home nation who seem to be steamrollered by them when they visit. 2 wins out of 3 would be good here. But lets start with at least one win in the 6N.

Scot Abroad

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Thu 01 Mar 2012, 4:49 pm

I feel like we'll be saying GREAT SCOTT, JOHNSON! ALTHOUGH that said he turned out to be a success story with mike ruddock, so perhaps the combo of Robinson and Johnson will work. I am for Robinson leaving if a good candidate puts their hand up, although I very much doubt England will reject Mallett with his achievements and I can't see anyone else who would be potentially good for the Scotland job, well I do, but no-one who'd want to. Robinson has a project which perhaps will improve in the latter stages, I think fresh backroom staff may help, bare in mind the coaches were kept from the Hadden era which I feel was a mistake on the SRU's part. I think with good backroom staff (I hope we have good other than Johnson) we could do well. Shame Stedman is going, he was bringing fire and vigour to the Scotland defence. Shaun Edwards would be immense but he's secure in Wales, can't attempt to start stealing their coaching staff too (although I'd love Gatland to coach Scotland! I remember when he coached Wasps that was a golden era for us!)

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Thu 01 Mar 2012, 10:29 pm

Teams very rarely regret getting rid of a coach too early but many regret waiting too long. Admittedly from a distance, it seems to me that he's all wrong for Scotland and I remember his awful selections with England.

Sorry, but johnson's the biggest coaching fraud on the circuit so don't get your hopes up.
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by CaleyShaun Fri 02 Mar 2012, 12:32 am

Well, Nick Mallett may soon be another name we can add to the "who would be a contender for job if, or should that be "WHEN" Robinson leaves as Lancaster will be interviewed for England job.

For what its worth, i still say (and will for a very long time) that Robinson's time is up, i am SICK of us being classed as "valiant losers", results determine a coaches future, despite being a good coach, ffs, even Graham Henry would accept that results would determine his future if results weren't going his way!!

So for me it will ALWAYS be a yes vote!!!!!!

CaleyShaun

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Fri 02 Mar 2012, 10:20 am

So the results of this vote seem to have a big swing to the No - one performance where we lost, but did ok seemed to have hleped his cause.

From the comments it seems that people were surpirsed that the centre partner did as well as they did and that Barcley was a success. Also shows how undecided people are about him, where such a big swing can happen after one game

For my opinion though - nothing has changed. We look ok with Morrision and Lamont in the centre, but looked 100 times better with NDL in centre and Lamont on the wing (Which is their mornal positions) - that is another bad selection policy (as for me ok is not good enough)

I thought Barclay played ok at 6, but without a proper 6, was it any surprise the French back row made yards for fun - another poor selection

So in fact - where he has a choice - he has got it wrong AGAIN

My vote is still in the Yes

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 02 Mar 2012, 10:20 am

Riskysports wrote:So the results of this vote seem to have a big swing to the No - one performance where we lost, but did ok seemed to have hleped his cause.

From the comments it seems that people were surpirsed that the centre partner did as well as they did and that Barcley was a success. Also shows how undecided people are about him, where such a big swing can happen after one game

For my opinion though - nothing has changed. We look ok with Morrision and Lamont in the centre, but looked 100 times better with NDL in centre and Lamont on the wing (Which is their mornal positions) - that is another bad selection policy (as for me ok is not good enough)

I thought Barclay played ok at 6, but without a proper 6, was it any surprise the French back row made yards for fun - another poor selection

So in fact - where he has a choice - he has got it wrong AGAIN

My vote is still in the Yes
+1

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Fri 02 Mar 2012, 3:28 pm

aye, I agree he should leave, but I'm worried about who will replace him!

really don't think we have any other options right now, coaches won't be chomping at the bit to coach Scotland unfortunately. I guess perhaps O'Sullivan might apply but I think his selection is a bit off too tbh!

It sounds bad but we need some whacky Frenchman like Lievremont for some mad genius! We're one dimensional and predictable. We need to throw in some wildcards!

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by 123skelm Fri 02 Mar 2012, 5:09 pm

What about a certain coach from Edinburgh, believe me he certainly got the 'A's playing great rugby 37-0??

123skelm

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Fri 02 Mar 2012, 5:12 pm

hmm I'm not entirely convinced over Bradley, Edinburgh have been good in attack but inconsistent, that said Scotland need the attack and more of the fizz that he brings so I guess he's a legit option!

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456789 Fri 02 Mar 2012, 5:17 pm

Why not get Lievremont in thus creatings a coaching team of:

Head Coach -Robinson
Assistant coach- Johnson
Attack Coach- Townsend
Defence coach- ?
Scrum coach - Cuttita (why isn't he under pressure? )
Random guy offering a differing opinion to Robinson - Lievremont

Back to top Go down

Post by 123skelm Fri 02 Mar 2012, 5:29 pm

If a change happens then you have got to let the head man decide on other coaches I'm not sure of this Director of Rugby/football approach.

123skelm

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Fri 02 Mar 2012, 10:05 pm

how about kirwan actually, that may not be a bad shout!

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by CaleyShaun Fri 02 Mar 2012, 11:38 pm

I agree Neil, Kirwan or O'Sullivan would be my choice and with EOS hinting at the Ulster job (anyone not notice that yet?), Kirwan it is then with Scott Johnson as assistant.

CaleyShaun

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 04 Mar 2012, 8:08 am

Eddie O'Sullivan, anyone?

One of the few coaches in international rugby whom I think may actually be under-rated.

Failing that I would be delighted to try a young and hungry Super XV like Alistair Coetzee from the Stormers. That's a brand of rugby worth playing.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 04 Mar 2012, 10:10 am

Kirwan has been told by his superiors (the City of London headhunters) that he lacks experience.

Now listen to your superiors and don't show yourselves up by suggesting he's good enough for Scotland.

His career is now rightly ruined by the City of London boys who found him out with a few trick questions.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by irj71 Sun 04 Mar 2012, 10:46 am

If Robinson does leave after the 6N, how about Stuart Lancaster if he doesn't get the England job?
I've been very impressed with how he has gone about things and doesn't he have Scottish roots too

irj71

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon 05 Mar 2012, 10:45 am

From today's Hootsman:

‘Life has three certainties. Death, taxes and getting shafted by Wayne Barnes’

by Tom English

AT THE outset of this Six Nations championship, in the business of judging Andy Robinson’s stewardship of Scotland, things looked fairly black and white.

He said himself that he was no longer interested in talking about progress unless it was accompanied by victory. He spoke about the team having reached a point whereby the bottom line was all that counted now. That bottom line being that, after only two wins in ten Six Nations games and only four in 14 when you include the World Cup, Scotland needed to start winning. How many did they need to keep the wheels on the Robinson bike? One wasn’t enough, that was for sure. Two was break-even. Three was a sign of serious progress.

There is, of course, no chance of three wins now. And you’d have to say that two is looking dodgy also. The pessimists might say, with good reason, that Scotland are iffy for even one win given that their last game is in Rome against an Italian side who are usually nuggety opponents on their home turf – especially when they’re up against Scotland. Italy will be licking their lips in anticipation of the arrival of Robinson and his team. Scotland have lost in Rome the last two times they have played there. Their record in Italy is wretched – played six, lost four, won two.

If you had said a month ago that Scotland would be zero from three in the Six Nations, this column would have been sharpening the knife. It’s still on standby but this championship has been devilishly difficult to analyse from a Scotland perspective.

If we were to judge Robinson on the bottom line then we’d be preparing his P45 now. Five defeats in a row for the first time since 2004. Another failed (possibly) Six Nations campaign that follows the two failures that went before under his watch. Extend the analysis and you have to include an exit from the World Cup before the quarter-finals for the only time in Scotland’s history. That’s quite some cocktail. You then have to factor in Robinson’s overall record including his England years. Six wins in 23 games as a Six Nations coach. He has never finished above fourth in the table. You look through his time as coach of England and Scotland and there is a recurring theme. His teams keep on losing narrowly. It’s extraordinary how many times Robinson’s teams have lost Test matches by a single score.

Already in this Six Nations, two of their three defeats have been by seven points or fewer. Actually, six of the last seven defeats that Scotland have suffered have been by a converted try or less. Sometimes a lot less. A three-point loss to Ireland in the championship last year, a one-point loss to Argentina at the World Cup and then a four-point loss to England a week later. This is some kind of rugby purgatory that Robinson and his players have been plunged into.

As tempting as it is to look at the awful raw numbers of his reign and say “right, this cannot go on, time somebody else was given a chance”, there are nuances to Robinson’s regime that cannot be overlooked no matter how awful that bottom line might be.

In making a plea in mitigation for Robinson, we’re not talking about excuses, we’re not going to bang the drum about Wayne Barnes getting it wrong last Sunday. I spoke to an international coach last week and asked him about Barnes. His reply? “There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and at some point in your life, getting shafted by Wayne f****** Barnes! Every coach gets it. You just live with it.”

So forget the sob stories about Barnes and the Stuart Hogg try that wasn’t in Wales and Nick De Luca’s rush of blood and the Greig Laidlaw try that wasn’t given against England and all the missed chances and all the ifs and all the buts in the world. Forget all that. Every coach could sing a lament. It’s boring listening to them.

The mitigation for Robinson is that his team is clearly improving. Game on game, they have got better in this championship. Hogg has been quite something. One of the revelations of the tournament. Laidlaw might just be the man to revolutionise the Scottish attack. Lee Jones has looked sharp. David Denton has been immense. These are new players – or relatively new players. Laidlaw is the oldest at 26. Jones is 23, Denton 22 and Hogg only 19. Between the four of them they have 14 caps. It’s not hard to see the nucleus of a new side emerging.

Where before the creative burden fell on Max Evans and pretty much nobody else, now there is Hogg, a burgeoning star, and Laidlaw, a great decision-maker in an opponent’s 22, and Jones, an exciting finisher. There is the suggestion of something more dynamic in that backline.

At last, Scotland have started to score tries. Two against France and one (actually, two) against Wales is a promising sign. The French and Welsh defences are as good as you’re going to get. Some of the rugby that Scotland played when breaking down the World Cup semi-finalists was wonderful.

That upward curve in terms of performance (if not victories) would need to be continued in the coming weeks, that’s for sure. That’s all Robinson is hanging on to at the moment. He is saying: ‘Yes, we’re losing, but the margins are tiny and we’re playing well and the wins will soon come’.

The last thing Robinson needs now is a bad defeat in Dublin or a substandard effort in Rome. He needs his team to carry on improving or else he’s exposing himself to all sorts of questions about his ability to take the team forward. Robinson won’t be sacked, but to win over the doubters, the elan of Murrayfield last Sunday (minus a few of the defensive calamities) is a must in Dublin.

Robinson is like a broken record when he talks about fine margins. We’ve heard it from him so often now we tend to throw our eyes to the heavens when he repeats the mantra after every loss. But he’s right. The margins are, indeed, fine. Watching Scotland fall short has become a torturous business, but sometimes you can’t focus only on the bottom line.

This team is growing, it is getting better, it is more dangerous in attack than it has been in years and it has more players of genuine class than it has done in quite some time.

Yes, they’re zero from three in this championship and zero from five overall.

I guess in judging Robinson it depends on how you look at a light at the end of tunnel. Is it the light of hope or the light of an oncoming train?

For now, we say the former.

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Mon 05 Mar 2012, 10:54 am

its still the same reason he must go.

The players mentioned in there as making a difference he did not want to play

In the last match his selection was again obviously wrong as when NDL came on we improved.

His conservative selection lets Scotland down and the improvement is despite him not because of him

this is the best group of players Scotland have had for a long time and still they are sliding down the rankings with hardly a competitive win

he must go.

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Mon 05 Mar 2012, 11:06 am

TJ wrote:its still the same reason he must go.

The players mentioned in there as making a difference he did not want to play

In the last match his selection was again obviously wrong as when NDL came on we improved.

His conservative selection lets Scotland down and the improvement is despite him not because of him

this is the best group of players Scotland have had for a long time and still they are sliding down the rankings with hardly a competitive win

he must go.

Almost everyone had their daggers out for NDL after the Wales game. Not just Robinson who dropped him as an example, but Rory Lamont AKA Mr Glass kept his place. I would wager he probably wished he was dropped for the France game after putting himself out for 4 months.

Robbo has done little to convince me he should be kept on. We are still not winning and a 6N whitewash IMO is a forgone conclusion now.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by MacKnocked-on Mon 05 Mar 2012, 1:20 pm

I still think Ansbro is a better choice at 13 than NDL, he's got better hands than NDL and is a safer defender.That's not to say that NDL isn't worth a place in the squad but I do feel that his passing needs a lot more work. Vernon made a difficult catch from NDL's pass to set Jones up for his try and in the Welsh game his was the terrible pass that Hogg did amazingly well to hold on to for his wrongly disallowed score- if the pass was better there would have been no doubt about the score.

MacKnocked-on

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Mon 05 Mar 2012, 1:48 pm

MacKnocked-on wrote:I still think Ansbro is a better choice at 13 than NDL, he's got better hands than NDL and is a safer defender.That's not to say that NDL isn't worth a place in the squad but I do feel that his passing needs a lot more work. Vernon made a difficult catch from NDL's pass to set Jones up for his try and in the Welsh game his was the terrible pass that Hogg did amazingly well to hold on to for his wrongly disallowed score- if the pass was better there would have been no doubt about the score.

Some of what you said is true. But overall Ansbro is not as solid in defence as NDL and is not as good a passer.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Mon 05 Mar 2012, 1:53 pm

tyhats irrelvant - Raobinson picked Morrison and Slamont at centres when we have NDL, Ansbro, Scott all available and playing better Groves and Cairns as well maybe?

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by CaleyShaun Sat 10 Mar 2012, 1:35 am

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere but, Bath looking to axe McGeechan and are looking at ARs situation regarding his Scotland Future so if SIM did get axed, do any of you see him wanting a return to Murrayfield to Manage Scotland?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-2109804/Bath-plan-axe-Sir-Ian-McGeechan.html.

CaleyShaun

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sat 10 Mar 2012, 11:03 am

Kevin Ferrie's article in today's Herald breaks ranks with the typical Scottish 'supporters with word processors' regime in the press. Entitled "Slow unravelling of Robinson's rule" In it mention is made that Doddie Weir has called for Robinson to go if we lose today or next week. The tide has turned !

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 10 Mar 2012, 11:10 am

can people just explain why they dont want him- scotland look to be improving?

why do people blame coaches for teams failings?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by KickAndChase Sat 10 Mar 2012, 11:56 am

Ranked 11th in the world is not improving.

Robinson said it himself at the beginning of his tenure - winning is what matters. And we're not. If he's going for the long term then why say that in the first place?

People just don't have faith in what he's doing. They don't understand his selections and too often it appears that benched or even out-of-XXII players do better than the starting XV. Parks v England was only a couple of months ago remember - we should *never* have lost that match, ever.

As said above Scotland may look like they're improving in how they play, but a) many feel it is in spite of this and b) many are not sure Scotland didn't "look like they're improving" for the past 6 years ... so is it really an improvement at all?

Personally. I think we could have a better coach, but I don't think there's a better alternative, so I voted no.

KickAndChase

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 10 Mar 2012, 12:00 pm

so i take it you want to keep robinson on so you still have someone to balme?

if you dont think he is good enough, why dont you want an alternative- you say yourself and believe yourself that even posters on 606 would do a better job picking the side!

not sure i understand the logic when it comes to scottish fans and robinson

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Sat 10 Mar 2012, 7:08 pm

The logic is very simple. The selections are extremely poor, the subsitutions are even worse, areas within his remit (the scrum) are regressing, and the results (upon which every coach should be judged) are declining at a rapid rate.

Our scrum was considerably better under Frank Hadden. Seriously. Explain that away.

That was Scotland's worst performance for a long time. Ireland didn't have to be very good at all to win quite comfortably.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by CaleyShaun Sat 10 Mar 2012, 7:12 pm

I can assure you, Robinson WON'T be in charge after next weekend, you mark my words!!

As to why we want him out, well all i will say is RESULTS!!

Robinson can F*** off NOW as far as i am concerned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CaleyShaun

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 10 Mar 2012, 7:16 pm

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh Andy Robinson - after that peformance, it's becoming incredibly difficult to see how you can stay.

I am honestly unafraid of having an alternative lined up.

Eddie O'Sullivan, Stuart Lancaster, Brian Ashton, any Super 15 coach would all be better than the current status quo.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 10 Mar 2012, 7:18 pm

Cráp coach, no more excuses from Scotland now, if this was a 5 nations they have been white washed, Italy being brought into the competition has only helped Scotland delude itself about the state of it's rugby.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 10 Mar 2012, 7:26 pm

I have said it before a (coach )can only do do mutch. the rest is up to the players. The players that Scotland have just now, is better than they have had for a while. they (Scotland)are playing better than they have before, it is just that last minute decision. that is letting them down.

I do think that Scotland will hang on to Robinson up and till the 2015 RWC.

And i do believe that this time next year Scotland will be a different team than the one we see today. They, Scotland will be more of a threat to other teams in my opinion.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by JLyall Sat 10 Mar 2012, 7:28 pm

he should stay, he's got us very much on the right track. I think that, given the relative inexperience of the squad, we'll be in a far better position in a season or two. I also doubt very much that the SRU want or can afford to sack Robinson and find a replacement of equal calibre, but I can definitely see him walking away if things go well and truly pear-shaped. Seriously, though results MUST improve soon.
After the first 20, today was one of the worst performances of his tenure as coach. Defence, scrum and lineout were pretty poor, especially in the second half, against average opposition.

Scotland - for no apparent reason - also seem to be a fundamentally stupid rugby team when it comes to decision-making. The two yellow cards against Wales and the one today were utterly needless, the decision to kick at goal after repeated infringements by Ireland at the maul, Sean Lamont's "tackle" on Reddan for his try, Lee Jones taking a quick tap after calling the mark instead of booting clear, Mike Blair makes a searing break vs France, but instead of shifting it wide, the ball goes to Cross, who runs on his own into Dusautoir, gets smashed and turned over, restart after restart is not secured/allowed to bounce/spilled/lost. The list goes on. I don't know whether its inexperience, lack of confidence, or poor coaching, but its certainly unfeasibly frustrating for the fans.

JLyall

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Sat 10 Mar 2012, 7:42 pm

JLyall wrote:he should stay, he's got us very much on the right track. I think that, given the relative inexperience of the squad, we'll be in a far better position in a season or two. I also doubt very much that the SRU want or can afford to sack Robinson and find a replacement of equal calibre, but I can definitely see him walking away if things go well and truly pear-shaped. Seriously, though results MUST improve soon.

Ehh- 11 th in the world, 2 wins in the last 3 6N (including this one so far, badly beaten in the WC only beating the minnows.

He is holding the team back - rubbish selections and the team morale looks low. Why take Laidlaw off today why Weir not on the bench? How much worse dfoes it have to be for it to be well and truly pear shaped?
He has to go.

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by CaleyShaun Sat 10 Mar 2012, 7:48 pm

If this bumhole isn't SACKED then i will STOP watching Scotland until he is, thats how strongly AGAINST him i am!!

CaleyShaun

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456789 Sat 10 Mar 2012, 7:50 pm

Our scrum is nothing to do with Robinson, that is Cuttita's department, as for you wanting rid of him it's not going to happen, the SRU love him too much and he's bringing in a new coaching team. Scotland seem to have discovered scoring tries and forgotten about defence, it is always one step forward, two steps back.
Think back just over a year from now, at one point the scrum was the only thing we did well against New Zealand and we held our own against South Africa now we can score tries we've forgotten how to scrummage.
We seem to force everything and no longer lack composure in the final third we lack it all over the pitch, what's everyone taught at youth level- don't doe silly offloads
yet some of our more experienced players did it all over the pitch.
Robinson makes stupid substitutions that remove our momentum why bring on Jackson for Laidlaw, what can Jackson do that Laidlaw can't? On the other hand there's Weir who can tackle, run and kick goals from 60+ metres. Obviously he isn't exactly Dan Carter when it comes to getting the backline moving but if Laidlaw isn't working what can Jackson do, nearly every other team in the world picks a running 10 and a kicking 10 in the matchday squad.
A message for Robinson pick the youngsters for Italy you've nothing to lose.

It has to be:
15. Hogg
14. Jones
13. De Luca
12. Scott
11. Evans
10. Weir
9. Blair
8. Denton
7. Rennie
6. Barclay/Harley
5. Hamilton
4. Gray
3. Murray
2. Ford
1. Welsh

What it will probably be:

15. Hogg
14. Jones
13. Evans
12. Morrison
11. Lamont
10. Laidlaw
9. Cusiter
8. Denton
7. Rennie
6. Barclay
5. Gray
4. Hamilton
3. Cross
2. Ford
1. Jacobsen

The first team I put features a lot of the players for the future, Robinson needs to prove he can work with them otherwise he needs to be the better man and walk, and take all the coaches current or signed for the future with him. Let the new guy bring in his staff and move on. Robinson has turned us into a solid side (normally), we are normally/were difficult to break down it's time for him to prove that he can take us to a team that can score tries. Because I believe that this time next year we could be in a position to be winning, it is up to Robinson to select a team to do this and give them the right tactics or accept that he can't through fear, caution or just stupidity and walk. Give him 5 games, the game against Italy, Australia, the Waratahs, Samoa and Fiji; if we win 80% or more of these games and show an ability to score tries and threaten the opposition, we are better than 80% of these teams and therefore we should win the games.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next