The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just to put one thing to bed....once and for all.

3 posters

Go down

Just to put one thing to bed....once and for all. Empty Just to put one thing to bed....once and for all.

Post by sirBiggles Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:45 pm

We constantly hear about the Welsh fans ignorance and lack of respect for the kicker, whilst the Irish fans impeccably respect the kicker with silence.

So where was that respect for Leigh Halfpenny during his last kick. Just in case anyone didn't hear all the booing, watch it again.... oh, hang on a minute, it was probably the welsh fans booing....

And before I get they where booing the penalty award, it does hold, as the booing continued right up to and during the kick. And it was a fair penalty, the leg was raised above the shoulder. Don't think it was a yellow though (...and Bradley's should have been Red.)

I have said for years, the booing goes on at all grounds, by all fans. I don't think it is clever, but it is done.

sirBiggles

Back to top Go down

Just to put one thing to bed....once and for all. Empty Re: Just to put one thing to bed....once and for all.

Post by Guest Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:46 pm

Hasn't this been done already?

Back to top Go down

Just to put one thing to bed....once and for all. Empty Re: Just to put one thing to bed....once and for all.

Post by asoreleftshoulder Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:50 pm

Yeah it's a sad sign but it's a new thing it doesn't go on at all grounds by all fans but sadly seems to have crept into the Irish international crowd.It's only going on when there are controversies but it's the thin end of the wedga and will only get worse.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by gelodge Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:46 pm

It was certainly terrible, and though I would in no way offer it as a valid excuse, it only happened for the last kick due to the crowd's perceived injustice at what it was awarded for and after some Welsh supporters had booed/shouted out for every Irish kick throughout the game.

gelodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down