The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage

+8
Fluxy
LukeLovesLuka
stnick88
Sgt_Pooly
Steven_Sharks
dammit_chris
SirJohnnyEnglish
Ozzy3213
12 posters

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage - Page 4 Empty Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 08 Feb 2012, 2:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage - Page 4 Aviva+Premiership+Logo
Fantasy Aviva Premiership Current League Table

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage - Page 4 Aviva-Premiership-Trophy-e1306508139154
2010/2011 - Newcastle Falcons
2009/2010 - Saracens
2008/2009 - London Irish

Teams
Bath RFC
InTheFastLane
Exeter Chiefs Driver - RIP 606
Gloucester Anonmattyt
Harlequins
Steven_Sharks
Leicester Tigers
LukeLovesLuka
London Irish
stnick88
London Wasps
Arry
Newcastle Falcons
Sgt_Pooly
Northampton Saints
Dammit_Chris
Sale Sharks
SirJohnnyEnglish
Saracens
Ozzy3213
Worcester Warriors prop_lyd

Links
Rules
Fixtures
Aviva Premiership League Table
European Homepage
LDCPete Cup homepage
Budgets
Domestic Confirmations
Transfer Homepage
Foreign Transfers
Press Releases
National League Players

Waiting List
1. pullthestrings
2. Bathite

Last edited by Ozzy3213 on Tue 06 Mar 2012, 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage - Page 4 Empty Re: Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage

Post by stnick88 Sun 12 Feb 2012, 6:00 pm

surely that is out of our hands

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage - Page 4 Empty Re: Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun 12 Feb 2012, 6:02 pm

Just wanted to put it out there so if it does happen we know where we stand.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 12 Feb 2012, 6:07 pm

Not much you can do with that Steve, can only go on Named squads

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Feb 2012, 6:29 pm

I was at the match in Rome and you often see things a little differently. Fodens
Kicking was abysmal. Youngs was a 1 out of 10 4 is too high. We want him fir the future and risk ruining him of we dont give the chap a rest. Our front 5 were excellent with corbs and cole really good.

Botha and Palmer got through so much work untrue.

Flew back to bristol via Paris and was on the plane with parisse he is huge. Top bloke stopped for
Photos and chatting with all fans.

Morgan and Dickson did everything so much quicker and more dynamic

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun 12 Feb 2012, 6:47 pm

I expect the side v Wales to be

1. Corbs
2. Hartley
3. Cole
4. Botha
5. Palmer
6. Croft
7. Robshaw
8. Morgan
9. Dickson
10. Hodgson
11. Strettle
12. Farrell
13. Barritt
14. Ashton
15. Foden

subs: Webber, Stevens, Lawes, Dowson, Youngs, Flood, Manu

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun 12 Feb 2012, 6:47 pm

Besides individual magic I don't see how we would get through Wales' defence.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Feb 2012, 6:56 pm

Barrit Went well yesterday also

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun 12 Feb 2012, 7:09 pm

I think the team will be something like

1.Corbisero
2.Hartley
3.Cole
4.Botha
5.Parling
6.Wood
7.Robshaw
8.Morgan

9.Dickson
10.Hodgson
11.Strettle
12.Farrell
13.Tuilagi
14.Ashton
15.Foden

Webber , Stevens , Lawes , Croft , Youngs , Flood , Brown

As much as i think Barritt has been our best player i can't see them wanting to keep Manu out of the side as we've lacked a line breaker in these last two matchs.

I picked up on two things today about Wales

1)Physicallity - The cryogenics worked great in the build up to the RWC as they played 3 games over 2 or 3 months and were rested before heading out to Poland and there bodys where fresh and able to take the harsh training regime. This tournament Wales players seem to be picking up slight knocks and really suffering for them , i get the feeling that there bodys have been overworked and they had to make a large amount of tackles in the first half today and just wore a pretty small scottish back line down with only Denton , Rennie and Grey taking the game to them physically and when the big collisions came Wales picked up knocks. The likes of Corbisero , Hartley , Cole ,Botha , Robshaw , Morgan , Farrell , Tuilagi , Wood , Lawes and Stevens are a lot more physical and will ask a lot more questions of the Welsh defense and whether they can keep tacking these big runners all day or in the last 20 minutes will they start slipping off tackles , not covering the ground. Ireland played a high tempo game and punished Wales with trys. We need to do that to beat them.

2) Can Wales hold onto a lead - Last week Wales had to go out and attack in the last 10 minutes to get the penalty for Halfpenny in the dying seconds this week Scotland crossed that line because Wales thought they had the game won and switched off? Imagine Wales 5 points ahead with 10 minutes to go at Twickenham with the English crowd in full roar and the likes of Lawes enter the fray will Wales be able to see the game out , i don't think they can.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 12 Feb 2012, 7:23 pm

Think Barritt/Manu can work Matt?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 12 Feb 2012, 7:31 pm

Steven is that what youbwant the team to be or what you think Lancaster will pick?

I'm not seeing anything different in the style we are trying to play compared to Johnson's reign - can't see how we will break down a defence without playing a really high tempo game that involves our back three a heck of a lot more.

Personally would be tempted to try Poolys suggestion of Barritt and Tuilagi, but would worry about our kicking game with Hodgson at no10. Tuilagi would give us an attacking threat for once. Can't see Farrell being dropped either. We only beat Italy because our goal kicking was superior.

Seems odd that under Lancaster that Foden has almost been told not to run the ball - don't understand it

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun 12 Feb 2012, 7:43 pm

I think that is what will be picked. I didn't see the game so can't really comment to much.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun 12 Feb 2012, 7:55 pm

Ross Rennie magnificent today. I didn't think he'd step up but he was unbelievable today.

He, Gray, Denton and Hogg were good. Laidlaw good in patches.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Feb 2012, 8:08 pm

Pooly I would keep Barritt and farrell with tuilagi bench reason being they went well against Italy. Barritt for me is not a 13 and Farrell has to be in the team. I would not make many changes save for maybe wood and Morgan coming in and Dickson starting.

Would be looking at sarries
Getting Farrell playing 10 and bringing flood tuilagi etc on to bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun 12 Feb 2012, 11:58 pm

I've just realised that I've actually played with Ben Spencer of Saracens. Found a Favourite page on old family pc and low and behold.

http://www.cheshirerfu.co.uk/index.php?ArticleID=577

pretty sure its him as he comes from the Stockport area I think.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 13 Feb 2012, 12:28 am

Fair points Matt, think Farrell is 100% a 10

Just watching highlights, May & Sharples on fire

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 13 Feb 2012, 1:06 am

JJs try was cheeky

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Mon 13 Feb 2012, 8:53 am

May and Sharples looked quality.
Would like to see both playing for England.

JJ's try was great although questionable defence. He will definitely play for England though.

Good to see Tagicakibau back and looking strong.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Mon 13 Feb 2012, 9:34 am

Guys, just to let you know, i won't be on much this week, i'll try to get my team in tonight and then from Thursday onwards i'm not going to be able to get online much so can't really predict.
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 13 Feb 2012, 10:29 am

Scorers and league table updated. OK
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Feb 2012, 1:05 pm

Sharples is flying at the moment. He has been good all year but has now started scoring again. Helps that we have been playing better. May needs a season in the Saxons for me or a few 10 minute cameos.

The crowd goes electric the minute either of them get the ball as they are so quick and excting

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 13 Feb 2012, 1:42 pm

stnick88 wrote:May and Sharples looked quality.
Would like to see both playing for England.

JJ's try was great although questionable defence. He will definitely play for England though.

Good to see Tagicakibau back and looking strong.

Was at The Stoop on Saturday and Losi caused problems for Quins every time he got the ball. The key for JJ's try was the way he went up a gear as he went through the gap in the defensive line. The change of pace just killed the defenders coming in from the sides and they couldn't get near him. For Quins, Wallace, Easter and Care were all very good.

http://www.v2journal.com/harlequins-vs-london-irish.html
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon 13 Feb 2012, 1:49 pm

Can't help but think that Saracens are about to dominate English rugby for the considerable future - re-watched the Wasps game yesterday and Sarries are so well drilled it is untrue, their team's don't go out and play amazing rugby or beat you by scoring more tries, but their management just get the perfect tactics that disrupt the opposition as much as possible. Am very impressed with them and with a few more signings that are expected next season I think they are going to be so difficult to beat, especially when they move into their new stadium and can compete even more so with the financial clout of Tigers.

Thought Wasps would win, but not really impressed with Dae Young so far, we've had so many injuries but he's not seeing that our problem is an ability to not get over the gainline - backline is so light, our only player who has consistently made breaks is Christian Wade, no one else puts us on the front foot and we don't have a good kicking game at all.

Going to be an interesting end to the season for us!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Mon 13 Feb 2012, 2:08 pm

I didnt go pete but my dad said he was impressed with Losi, JJ and Armitage in the 2nd half.
Said apart from Homers try he had a bit of a stinker.

I think we have to throw Trev back in this week up at Falcons or there forwards could do us over. Our backline will cause them problems though.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 13 Feb 2012, 2:12 pm

I think it's going to be an interesting run in for a lot of teams Chris.

3rd - Saints - 37 points
8th - Gloucester - 33 points

That's 1 win seperating a play off semi from not qualifying for next seasons Heineken Cup.

Quins and Saracens will both be in the play offs, but for everyone else, the next 3 weeks are massive, as if you can pick up 3 wins on the bounce it can either catapult you into the play offs or drag you away from the relegation battle depending where you start from.

We have...

Falcons (a)
Saints (h)
Wasps (a)

Given that the Saints game is on the weekend that England play Wales, so they will potentially be without Lawes, Wood, Dickson, Ashton and Foden, we have to consider that to be a chance for us to take their scalp. If we can win these 3 games then we are right in the mix. 2 wins and we are still in witha shout, but if we can only get 1 win or worse lose all three then our season is effectively over.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Mon 13 Feb 2012, 2:18 pm

How did Chisholm look pete?

Seen him a few times and he looks half decent at full back or on the wing.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 13 Feb 2012, 2:19 pm

Homer was ok. Took his try well, missed a kick that I had expected him to get, tried to run a few balls back, and appeared to slip when trying to tackle Chisholm for Quins 3rd try. Wasn't great and wasn't awful.

Our back row was non existant with the exception of Garvey. Roche spent most of the game on the wing and Thorpe, well I have no idea where he spent most the game as I don't recall seeing him. Big Trev has to come back in. Siggery looked full of energy when he came on but didn't have long to show what he's got. If we have the same players available plus Big trev this week I would with Garvey, Siggery and Big Trev in the back row.

Losi made some great runs mate, got over the gainline every time and they had to commit numbers to bring him down which opened up space elsewhere. Had we have had a back row that got to the tackle area quickly and freed up the ball then we'd have profited hugely from his breaks.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Mon 13 Feb 2012, 2:20 pm

Newcastle were hard done by on the weekend. Woodburns second try was an awful decision!

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 13 Feb 2012, 2:20 pm

Chisholm looked ok Steve. Seemed to read the game pretty well and came looking for the ball. Don't think he'll ever set the world alight but will be a solid enough performer.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Mon 13 Feb 2012, 2:23 pm

Sale have got

Saints (A)
Wasps (H)
Exeter (A)

be nice to win 2 out of 3, just have to beat Wasps at home.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Mon 13 Feb 2012, 2:30 pm

Exeter away is your hardest game there Steve.
wouldnt be suprised if you won 2 out of those 3.
though id like you to lose all 3 as imagine us and you will be close come end of season for top 6 spot

pete as a minimum we need 2 wins out of the next 3. think we need to give siggery a go, hasnt had a chance yet, cant do any worse than roche.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 13 Feb 2012, 2:37 pm

Saints (a) this weekend will be tough enough for Sale. I suspec that Lawes will play, and Dickson as he's only had limited gametime for England.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Mon 13 Feb 2012, 2:44 pm

Hape is likely to miss out so Irish backline should be

Allinson
Bowden
Ojo
Armitage
Joseph
Tagicakibau
Homer

bags of pace, just needs good ball!

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Mon 13 Feb 2012, 2:47 pm

I am not as worried as usual about Saints away. Lawes and Dickson might get game time but I am pleased with there being not Hartley, Foden, Ashton, Dowson and Wood as there likely will be.

sides are likely gonna be

Tonga'uhia, Long, Mujati, Manoa, Day, Lawes, Clark, Wilson, Dickson, Lamb, Artemyiev, Downey, Pisi, Elliott, Diggin

Against

Sheridan, Jones, Buckley, Ostrikov, Gaskell, Vernon/Auva'a, Seymour, Powell, Peel, Macleod, Cueto, Tuitopou, Leota, Brady, Miller

The gulf in quality between the sides is usually much greater, and Saints haven't been going so well of late. We have as gooder chance as we have for some time!

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Mon 13 Feb 2012, 3:59 pm

Palmer confirmed

http://www.wasps.co.uk/news/wasps32957.ink
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 13 Feb 2012, 4:04 pm

Not going to be great for his England ambitions playing in the Championship Wink

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Mon 13 Feb 2012, 4:12 pm

good signing.
whos next for them, sackey?!

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon 13 Feb 2012, 4:42 pm

Thanks for posting that Driver - had no idea that they would be trying to re-sign Palmer, absolutely brilliant signing for the club. Well chuffed with that - massive player for us, will work wonders with Wentzel.

Along with Haskell the pack is looking a lot better. Now just need a back that can get us over the gainline and probably two additions to the front row as losing Webber is a huge blow!

Now just need to stay up - the 9 point cushion should be ok, as we lose so few players during the 6Nations I can't see us getting worse results than Newcastle week after week.

It's quite a coincidence that Nicky Robinson's contract runs out the same time Cipriani's does - can see him coming back to the club.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Mon 13 Feb 2012, 4:55 pm

irish have had talks with kingi from the rebels and possibly spoke to Cipriani too

but reckon he would only go back to wasps

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon 13 Feb 2012, 5:07 pm

I know Cips was talking to Bath a while back, but if Wasps get their new Dubai based owners then I think we will have the biggest finances in the league so could bring in Cipriani.

I am hoping WAsps come back to London and their original home, as playing at Wycombe makes it so hard to get to and we've lost a lot of fans that way.

Read a few commentators this week saying that they should switch rugby union to more of a summer sport, this was from Nigel Wray's comments on ESPN before the Wasps game - be interesting as would stop rugby competing with football, would prefer a mid-winter break for a month or so, or bring in a rule whereby 50% of the LV Cup team have to be under 23.

Think our problem is all about playin gtoo many games and the league being too attritional,

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 13 Feb 2012, 5:09 pm

Should bin the LV, pointless comp.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon 13 Feb 2012, 5:44 pm

Not if it brings youngsters through and you arent playing your best players - give them exposure and first team experience. Its crazy when you have teams picking their best players for it, as no point.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Mon 13 Feb 2012, 6:49 pm

Schofield is reportedly heading back the AP. Don't think it will be Sale have heard Worcester and Falcons linked.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Mon 13 Feb 2012, 6:54 pm

I'v heard the Falcons rumors as well Steve , especially with Swinson set to join Leicester and Hudson off to Gloucester by all accounts.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Mon 13 Feb 2012, 7:07 pm

Crikey he would be needed then. I thought he'd go well with Hudson.

Not sure whether Schofield would go if you were in the Championship though, not getting younger.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Mon 13 Feb 2012, 7:15 pm

Depends how much we put on the table . new owner is pretty minted
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 13 Feb 2012, 7:16 pm

See he chartered a flight for Bath game...crazy

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Mon 13 Feb 2012, 7:25 pm

We've been linked with loads of players since he took over but more when Gold came.

Players we have been linked with

Peter Grant (South Africa)
Matt Tait (England)
Toby Flood (England)
Dave Wilson (England)
Adi Jacobs (South Africa)
Victor Matfield (South Africa) - Sabical for 6 months
Joe Pieterson (Stormers 15)
Wynard Oliver
Mike Tindall - More so since Ford and Wells came
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Mon 13 Feb 2012, 7:58 pm

PDJ added to England Squad v Wales. Replacement for Dave Wilson.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 13 Feb 2012, 8:50 pm

For those who aren't sure about in game injuries, everyone is now fit, and with no 6 Nations games this week, you all have your full squads to choose from (unless you have players currently on a ban). OK
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Mon 13 Feb 2012, 8:57 pm

Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next