The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

France Versus Ireland - French Clubs Influence

+16
Artful_Dodger
rodders
beshocked
MrsP
Red Right
geoff998rugby
eirebilly
HammerofThunor
rawa86
Pot Hale
SecretFly
LordDowlais
RubyGuby
Notch
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
flynnnio
20 posters

Go down

France Versus Ireland - French Clubs Influence Empty France Versus Ireland - French Clubs Influence

Post by flynnnio Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:42 am

According to the independent the French league has demanded the game be played in June. If this happens it will be a farce. It will ruin the 6 Nations tournament for all teams.

Hopefully sense will prevail? Crying or Very sad http://www.independent.ie/sport/

flynnnio

Back to top Go down

France Versus Ireland - French Clubs Influence Empty Re: France Versus Ireland - French Clubs Influence

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:58 am

I've fixed the ALL CAPS for you Smile
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

France Versus Ireland - French Clubs Influence Empty Re: France Versus Ireland - French Clubs Influence

Post by Notch Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:01 am

Not going to happen, full stop, as Ireland will be in New Zealand at that point. Don't worry.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:11 am

I think a one off 6 Nations runners up game in June is a good idea Run

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:14 am

Do you know what, I am sick to death with France over the last couple of years. They constantly want to change kick off times to Friday or Saturday nights, they take all our good players by waving money at them, I reckon they will be asking to join the southern hemisphere four nations next.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:47 am

It will be played on the first weekend of March. There might be an all-mighty row in France about it, but the clubs won't hold much sway.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:55 am

Tell them 'Nice blunt French demand...now if you want to forfeit the game keep the arrogant demands going'

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by flynnnio Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:05 am

Kidney better demand it be played in March or else we will demand that they forfeit the points. Hug I sense a french strike of sorts brewing.

flynnnio

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:29 am

I think a game in June would be a great idea. Maybe shift Super Saturday to that time of year so that all the "finals get played across a series of weeks.

Could be the start to summer rugby.....
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by rawa86 Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:01 pm

I think they are just looking for some extra compensation because the match will now fall outside of the the international window.

On an other note. Was listening to 'Off the ball' on Newstalk today, they interviewed a reporter from L'Equippe and he was saying the FFR will be looking at some sort of compensation for the Irish fans that traveled aside from renewing/refunding tickets.

rawa86

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:14 pm

How can the clubs be forced to release players outside the international window? Is there some clause in the IRB regulations? If not I don't see how Kidney can demand anything.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:50 pm

It has to be March 2 or 3 for me. June would be an absolute farce. They FFR had the time to cancel it early and put it forward to this weekend but failed in that so why should the other 6N teams bow to their wishes?

Imagine being a side (proabably the Welsh) waiting until June to know whether or not they will be the champions...
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff998rugby Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:07 pm

HammerofThunor wrote:How can the clubs be forced to release players outside the international window? Is there some clause in the IRB regulations? If not I don't see how Kidney can demand anything.

Its France who want it played outside the International window not Ireland Headscratch

Ireland will be in New Zealand at the beginning of June so that is a complete no goer

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:40 pm

Since the internation window is already full of games when exactly did Ireland want to play it? A double header with England going second? (please say yes)

[The off weekends are not in the international window which is why English and French clubs have their players back (excluding EPS)]

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:41 pm

eirebilly wrote:It has to be March 2 or 3 for me. June would be an absolute farce. They FFR had the time to cancel it early and put it forward to this weekend but failed in that so why should the other 6N teams bow to their wishes?

Imagine being a side (proabably the Welsh) waiting until June to know whether or not they will be the champions...

Imagine the horror. soemthing like that would never happen would it (2001?)

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:42 pm

That was a totally different set of circumstances Hammer Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Right Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:53 pm

HammerofThunor wrote:
eirebilly wrote:It has to be March 2 or 3 for me. June would be an absolute farce. They FFR had the time to cancel it early and put it forward to this weekend but failed in that so why should the other 6N teams bow to their wishes?

Imagine the horror. soemthing like that would never happen would it (2001?)

To be honest the issue in 2001 was related to a serious issue which affected the livelyhoods of thousands (possibly 100's of thousands) of people all across the home nations. This is simply the FFR's ability to get a pitch sorted to host the game. In reality the FFR created this mess (Paris is prone to cold snaps, no undersoil heating, no contingency). Bet they would have nailed it if it was an invasion though Whistle

Red Right

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff998rugby Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:54 pm

Pot Hale wrote:I think a game in June would be a great idea. Maybe shift Super Saturday to that time of year so that all the "finals get played across a series of weeks.

Could be the start to summer rugby.....

Ireland have already got a game on the 9th June ...away to someone called the All Blacks - thats why it has to be the first weekend in March.

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:02 pm

The Hosts let everyone down
...the Hosts will have no demands
...the Hosts will solve the issue by saying 'sorry and what can we do to accomodate the game being now played, with particular regard to accomodating the guest side - Ireland'

That's the Host's role now. Any guff from the French clubs should be put into context for them with blunt language. 'Your guys screwed up so shut it.'

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:04 pm

Those years Secret spent in the Diplomatic Corps really show, don't they?

Very Happy

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:27 pm

I'd truly speak that way and I'd truly make that point clear and concise if I were in a negotiating position, MrsP.

Sometimes right is so right that lovely speeches about compromise are just cobwebs on the 'round table'. Besides, the French know how to be blunt themselves, they appreciate candour...as many poor sheep found out to their cost several years ago!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:31 pm

The hosts have no control over the players outside of the international window.
The hosts (I imagine) will have to stump up a fair lump of cash in compensation if they want that control.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:34 pm

I reckon the game should be played on the 7th or 8th of April. Wink

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff998rugby Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:42 pm

Fine by me - there still be 2 Irish sides in the HC SF's

Munster or Ulster + Leinster reserves who will still turn over Cardiff Yahoo

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:46 pm

Good man Secret.

You tell'm!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:46 pm

HammerofThunor wrote:The hosts have no control over the players outside of the international window.
The hosts (I imagine) will have to stump up a fair lump of cash in compensation if they want that control.

Ahh, Thunor again - the man who suggests Ireland should roll over and accept the demands coming from the big club boys? I personally couldn't care less how much compensation the clubs would need, and so I wouldn't lose any sleep worrying about it. Somebody done somebody wrong (as the old song goes)... courtesy suggests they solve with with respect to the guests they short changed in the process.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:16 am

Apparantly the FFR want it played in the Autumn now......
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:20 am

The French are turning this into a right charade now.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:23 am

Nonsense situation. Get it played, get it over with.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:25 am

HammerofThunor wrote:How can the clubs be forced to release players outside the international window? Is there some clause in the IRB regulations? If not I don't see how Kidney can demand anything.

Surely the game would be taking place in the seven week international window set aside for the Six Nations? Headscratch
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:29 am

I think France should have to forfeit the game due to the lateness of it being called off.

The FFR are a shambles.

In fact is there a Union that isn't? Crying or Very sad
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:30 am

Hmm, I'm wrong.

http://www.irb.com/newsmedia/mediazone/pressrelease/newsid=2027792.html

Annual release period for Northern Hemisphere eligible players:
Five weeks (matches) out of the seven weeks from the first weekend of February to the third weekend of March for the senior national representative team, the next senior national representative team and the Under 20 national representative team.

But it does seem ridiculous that there is no provision for this happening. And I don't think the FFR should be making demands... they failed to provide a playable surface. I think this will be vetoed.

We don't have any free weekend in the June window and it's not going to happen in November either- if the game takes place, it should take place before the end of this tournament.

The call is for it to take place outside of an international window either way if they want it in September. The common sense time is when players are in national training camps anyway and the competition is ongoing.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff998rugby Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:31 am

Tell the French to feck off and give us the points.

There taking the urine now steam

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by english warrior Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:15 am

How silly that the French want to play a 6 nations match in the NH depth of winter in the evening when we all know that the temperature plummets, added to which, the Stade de France doesn't have undersoil heating?

For the life of me i can't see how a supposedly clever bunch of administrators couldn't see this happening, or at least the possibility of this happening. Truly a gigantic 'man sausage -up'.

english warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by doctornickolas Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:45 am

Game confirmed for 4th March.

doctornickolas

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:02 am

SecretFly wrote:
HammerofThunor wrote:The hosts have no control over the players outside of the international window.

Ahh, Thunor again - the man who suggests Ireland should roll over and accept the demands coming from the big club boys?

?? Am I missing something?

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:37 am

I think you've been missing quite a lot from your first post to your last in this thread Thunor. By the way you're constant negativity and swipes at Irish rugby are really starting to make you come across as being rather bitter.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by rosbif Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:11 am

France have just lost the grand slam as they have to play 4 consecutive weekends. Good for Wales

rosbif

http://www.brittanygite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:55 am

Care to point out a swipe at Irish rugby? As far as I remember I pointed out that the French clubs don't have to release players outside the international window. Therefore it's not as simple as the IRFU demanding anything. In what way is that a swipe at Irish rugby?

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:20 pm

HammerofThunor wrote:Care to point out a swipe at Irish rugby? As far as I remember I pointed out that the French clubs don't have to release players outside the international window. Therefore it's not as simple as the IRFU demanding anything. In what way is that a swipe at Irish rugby?

It's over now and it is March...just like I knew it would be. But to quickly return to your point. You brought it up twice or three times in the course of this thread. How can Kidney demand anything when the French clubs don't have to release players. The inference was that Kidney and the Irish were demanding something from the clubs and were being unreasonable in the process.

Meanwhile in the real world - Ireland was never talking to the clubs, and never demanded a blessed thing from them. They were talking to the people they talk to - the guys in France that control the French national side, the French Union. The Irish were I'm sure telling the French Union in no uncertain terms that the problem was theirs, they mucked up and they should do the dealing with the clubs in their country. Sort out the dissention (and demands) in the ranks, and when they've sorted it out with their clubs come back to Ireland with a date that will be acceptable to Ireland - the International side that is suffering the delay through no fault of their own.

No not in June when we'll be in New Zealand! No, not next season either..... Now, try March and just sign the dotted line. Grand, thanks, that'll do nicely.

I think that's just how the RFU would do business if French clubs tried the old mutiny card...don't you think?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:21 pm

flynnnio wrote:Kidney better demand it be played in March or else we will demand that they forfeit the points. Hug I sense a french strike of sorts brewing.

I was responding to this comment. That's all. Sorry if I suggested otherwise

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down