The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Fury sufffering from Hennessy syndrome?????

+8
jimdig
Lance
johnson2
Super D Boon
Rowley
HumanWindmill
Maddy2k12
TRUSSMAN66
12 posters

Go down

Is Fury  sufffering from Hennessy syndrome????? Empty Is Fury sufffering from Hennessy syndrome?????

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:21 am

You know Fury had a couple of years on Price...a couple of years to gain great exposure and become a big figure in British Boxing....

Six feet nine.....handsome lad....who has a blue collar appeal and has prospects in a hugely profitable Heavyweight market......

However Price is new on the scene and has completely overshadowed the guy!!! and you have to look at the reasons why!!!!

Price has been sold much better.....

Price has been fed opponents to make him look good!!

Price has obviously got good motivators around him to make sure he's in the best possible shape!!!

Now with Fury deciding rightly that Price is to be ignored...(Nobody wants to see someone devastated) Price has even more positive PR!!!!!

Certainly Fury needs to re-evaluate his situation before he finds his future behind him....

Been marketed terribly in my eyes!!! Should go and seek Mickey Duff for advice!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Is Fury  sufffering from Hennessy syndrome????? Empty Re: Is Fury sufffering from Hennessy syndrome?????

Post by Maddy2k12 Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:56 am

First post, please be gentle Very Happy

I think if Fury is looking to get himself up the world rankings, then fighting someone who is below in what would be a 50/50 right is a massive risk. I think most of us in Tyson's situation would have avoided that fight and keep marching forward. Given the fact he is also only 23, which I think is something most of us forget when judging him, hes got plenty of time to fight those risky fights later on his career after hes established himself first.

I always thought if Fury avoided price he would come off very badly from a PR perspective. Price can use this gained publicity and with any luck, will leave Fury absolutely no option but to fight in him the future.

Fury should leave Hennessey once this channel 5 contract is up and move to matchroom or to Frank Warren.

Maddy2k12

Back to top Go down

Is Fury  sufffering from Hennessy syndrome????? Empty Re: Is Fury sufffering from Hennessy syndrome?????

Post by HumanWindmill Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:58 am

Welcome aboard, Maddy.

Hope you will enjoy the forum.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:59 am

Maddy, firstly welcome aboard, you have mentioned he is only 23 so there is plenty of time to take the risky fights down the line which is undoubtedly true. What is equally as true though is there is also adequate time for him to rebuild should he pick up the loss, and that allows him to give the fans the fight they want to see and avoid the tag of ducker he is currently being tagged with.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:13 pm

Fury looked awful in his last fight and isn't very good. Being with Hennesey won't help him but he's a talentless ape

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by johnson2 Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:16 pm

People are quickly forgetting the Price wanted absolutely no part of Fury apart from the last 6 weeks...

johnson2

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy2k12 Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:05 pm

rowley wrote:Maddy, firstly welcome aboard, you have mentioned he is only 23 so there is plenty of time to take the risky fights down the line which is undoubtedly true. What is equally as true though is there is also adequate time for him to rebuild should he pick up the loss, and that allows him to give the fans the fight they want to see and avoid the tag of ducker he is currently being tagged with.

Thats true also, And a good example of that is Degale. I don't think Hennessey would know what to do to rebuild Tyson if he lost (Although my knowledge is based on what I've read on here!).

Maddy2k12

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:38 pm

Nice to see new members maddy....

Hennessy's choices leave a lot to be desired both in opponent choice and where he chooses to showcase his fighters......

Seen what bad matchmaking can do to fighters in the past....

Tyrell Biggs was rushed into Tyson because the Duva's put him in to early with the likes of Bey and Snipes and he lost the glow of an Olympic medal..

fact is Fury is invisible.....and If he's not careful price will take over the mantle!!

kind of like your little brother surpassing you......

Rowley is right...so many titles I think he needs to think about Price because....his options will be limited..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:28 pm

have to totally disagree with you here truss dear sir. fury is not as good as price, yet he is much more famous, much more hyped, and much closer to a title shot. hennessey has done well by him, and they have avoided price cos they dont want him derailing what they are achieving. price is years behind in the market place and as such would happily take the risk and fight fury as its the only way hes gonna catch him up anytime soon. most casual fans think fury is the next big prospect and the few of them who have heard of price believe fury would win.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:02 pm

Fury has been discused by the the K'bro's as an opponent, so yes he is miles ahead. The channel 5 showings have to give him better uk exposure too, it 's a witter hatton scenario, Price not worth the risk for Fury, at this stage it'd be more profitable for him to get his clock cleaned by a K bro than for a few thou against Price (potentially).

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:10 pm

So up until 6 weeks ago Price was avoiding Fury?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:18 am

Lets not forget guys - that Fury is something like 6th or 7th in boxrec's world HW rankings.

Before you all scoff and say they're unofficial - they are - but they're the rankings that the K-bros seem to use when determining their next opponents. (wealth of circumstantial evidence down the years - they seem to just start at the top - and work their way down until they find someone who is willing to take a whipping - and we have the ridiculous circumstance where the #3 ranked fighter - Povetkin - and "first one up" is avoiding the champions like the Plague)

So actually - Fury has to play a dangerous game here. A loss to Price would be a big step back. A win over Price would help his career over here quite a lot. Would it help his career enough?

There's this date at the "Garden" that we've heard so much about - and allegedly both Price AND Fury may be fighting on it. Helenius needs an opponent - now that Chisora isn't rematching him. So there is an obvious choice of opponent for Fury.

Will Hennessy secure it for him?

TBH - I don't think Mick is the right man for Fury - in fact - I don't think Mick is that great a boxing promoter at all. HOWEVER - he is the man who brought boxing back to primetime terrestrial TV - so I'll leave my unflattering opinions behind and be contended to conclude thus:

I'm sure Mick has a plan for Fury's career which will look like a Machiavellian masterpiece once complete. I just can't see the vision at the moment.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:18 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You know Fury had a couple of years on Price...a couple of years to gain great exposure and become a big figure in British Boxing....

Six feet nine.....handsome lad....who has a blue collar appeal and has prospects in a hugely profitable Heavyweight market......

However Price is new on the scene and has completely overshadowed the guy!!! and you have to look at the reasons why!!!!

Price has been sold much better.....

Price has been fed opponents to make him look good!!

Price has obviously got good motivators around him to make sure he's in the best possible shape!!!

Now with Fury deciding rightly that Price is to be ignored...(Nobody wants to see someone devastated) Price has even more positive PR!!!!!

Certainly Fury needs to re-evaluate his situation before he finds his future behind him....

Been marketed terribly in my eyes!!! Should go and seek Mickey Duff for advice!!

i completely disagree, maloney has done a shocking job with price. Price is supposedly the talent and regarded the better of the two, but it's tyson fury who people know - including our cousins in the states - which makes him a bigger potential money earner.

fury could get a title shot well before price is sniffing around euro level. i dont think he should, hes got a lot of learning to do.

but price is a nobody in terms of joe public knowing about him. (albeit a very talented one, and someone who could go far) for someone who went to the olympics, his career has been managed terribly. i genuinely cant understand your comments. the guy has had 12 fights in almost 4 years since beijing.

fury fights on terrestrial, has beaten the other best heavyweight in the country before price came along. he (price) knocked down a fat bloke in one round who looked like he'd trip up trying to tie his shoelaces.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:22 am

To be fair to Maloney, he has not had Price for all his pro career. Do agree with the general point though that Fury is at the minute better known, although for me Price is the more talented of the two.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:53 am

Agree with rowley - give Maloney more than 2 fights!
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:10 pm

oxring wrote:Agree with rowley - give Maloney more than 2 fights!

weren't his last 2 fights about 7 or 8 months apart?
he should be fighting every 3 months.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:27 pm

OasisBFC wrote:
oxring wrote:Agree with rowley - give Maloney more than 2 fights!

weren't his last 2 fights about 7 or 8 months apart?
he should be fighting every 3 months.

He was injured for about 4 of those months Oasis. Can't remember whether it was a knee or a shoulder - but it was an injury.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:48 pm

Think his career has been fine from Hennessy's point of view. It can't be easy promoting the guy. He swaps trainers every couple of fights as he likes to go back to the amateur family set-up.

For Mick to have him fighting on mainstream is a stroke of genius by the big man. All hail!

On Price: I can't fault Maloney, as he's done a cracking job. Unlike Fury, David won't get back up once dropped. No Chin!

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down