The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which promotional Co. give us the best cards?

+2
tcribb
Seanusarrilius
6 posters

Go down

Which promotional Co. give us the best cards? Empty Which promotional Co. give us the best cards?

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 15 Feb 2012, 9:47 pm

For me it is Goldenboy, hands down. They match their emerging talent fairly dangerously, have put on some fairly deep PPV and in the face of what is at times, shambolic protection of fighters (JCC jr of course), I think they have a little of what the fan wants in mind.

Who you guys like?

Would we be better of with a Don King type character who dominates the profession but at least puts on decent cards? Remember how deep his cards ran, was ridiculous. Although he did steal everyones money, whcih was an issue.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Which promotional Co. give us the best cards? Empty Re: Which promotional Co. give us the best cards?

Post by tcribb Wed 15 Feb 2012, 9:52 pm

Not too keen on Golden Boy Sean, simply down to the fact they seem interested in glamour bouts and rarely nourish a fighter from the off, they're kinda like a Man City of the boxing world, try and poach the best.

Arum is a toe-rag but he certainly can manage a fighter from the off and turn them into a PPV star, Cotto ect..I'd prob pick Arum just, would you say Golden Boy have not protected Alvarez?

Don Kings card were one for the ages and missed immensely
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Which promotional Co. give us the best cards? Empty Re: Which promotional Co. give us the best cards?

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 15 Feb 2012, 10:10 pm

Golden Boy just ahead of Top Rank imo. Both are guilty of matching fighters to generously in their favour but GBP seem to have had the more standout cards in recent times.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 15 Feb 2012, 11:16 pm

I mean don't get me wrong they're all in some way flawed, massively so, but you get a decent card with Goldenboy

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Thu 16 Feb 2012, 6:04 am

For the big promoters a I would say Golden Boy, to me they just seem to give more value for their shows.

Domestically in the UK, you can't fought Warren really!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Thu 16 Feb 2012, 9:56 am

As far as cards go I would pick golden boy just.

It's hard to judge these things but these would obviously be the top 2 as companies like mathroom sports and dibella don't have the same stable of talent to choose from.

I used to like warrens big British cards I must admit but boxnation has given his small fighters single cards now

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Thu 16 Feb 2012, 4:27 pm

mosley v alvarez on the mayweather cotto undercard is pretty decent.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down