The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Behaviour on the Board

+23
Shifty
Comfort
ultra
PJHolybloke
damngoodOvalball
rumpelstiltskindoh
Cowshot
eirebilly
Breadvan
nganboy
dogtooth
Pal Joey
RuggerRadge2611
miteyironpaw
SecretFly
Morgannwg
mystiroakey
gregortree
Rory_Gallagher
R!skysports
rodders
Biltong
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
27 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Behaviour on the Board - Page 3 Empty Behaviour on the Board

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 16 Feb 2012, 9:19 am

First topic message reminder :

Hello all, as you're all very much aware, it's 6 Nations time, and the rugby board on here is pretty busy. It's 6 Nations time, and most of you are feeling a combination of excitement, patriotism, and nerves. As a result you're keeping the Mod team pretty busy at the moment, so I thought I'd post a few reminders and observations. If only because at various times over the past 3 weeks I've felt like banning half of you Wink

So here goes:
We love rugby debate. Passionate people putting up their opinions on what has happened, and what they think will happen is great. Just remember that people are allowed to disagree with you, and they may just possibly be right. Even I'm wrong occasionally. Not often mind you Wink.

Banter is fine. There's no way a bunch of rugby fans are going to chat about the game without a bit of banter. There's a fine line between banter and wumming. At times it's hard to tell which is which, especially if you've got a history of similar types of posts (you know who you are - remember not to overdo it). Please remember that you're not talking to people face to face, and little nuances of expression don't always come through in writing. That goes for both those writing and those reading posts - don't go out to deliberately offend, and don't go looking to be offended.

Personal abuse is not OK. If the best you can manage in response to someone else's post is to call them an idiot or similar, you've probably long since lost the argument. Better to walk away, and try harder. Because if you are making an arse of yourself you'll be hearing from the Mod team. And you probably will have heard from us already.

This is a family-friendly and workplace-friendly forum. So if you type something that your Mum would have clipped you round the ear/put you on the naughty step for saying when you were 12, don't be surprised if you hear from the Mod team. So lay off the mis-spelled swearwords. I shouldn't have to tell anyone that racism, sexism and other -isms aren't going to make you popular (and in fairness, -isms aren't a common occurence).

Otherwise, us Mods can't read every single post - we do have day jobs, and lives. Well, most of us do anyway Wink. So please do tell us if you think someone's being a prat. We might not agree with you, but we will look into it. Remember most WUMs are looking for a reaction. If they don't get one, they lose. The Mod team does keep track of people who're creating work for us. If you're hearing from us regularly it probably means you're creating work, and our patience only stretches so far.

Last edited by Kiwireddevil on Mon 23 Apr 2012, 12:40 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Typos. Always with the typos.)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Behaviour on the Board - Page 3 Empty Re: Behaviour on the Board

Post by miteyironpaw Wed 22 Feb 2012, 9:44 am

I'm English enough to play for England Wink
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 22 Feb 2012, 9:56 am

I can read, write and speak english, do I qualify?

Oh, sorry no worries, of course i qualify. So many others have. laughing
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Wed 22 Feb 2012, 10:15 am

I notice that the landing form non-nationals fill out at Heathrow now has an extra box at the bottom:

[ ] rugby
[ ] cricket
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 22 Feb 2012, 10:19 am

miteyironpaw wrote:I notice that the landing form non-nationals fill out at Heathrow now has an extra box at the bottom:

[ ] rugby
[ ] cricket

Laugh They also took the question away on wether you can speak english, and replaced it with do you understand Afrikaans. (for the line out calls) thumbsup
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Wed 22 Feb 2012, 10:27 am

biltongbek wrote:
miteyironpaw wrote:I notice that the landing form non-nationals fill out at Heathrow now has an extra box at the bottom:

[ ] rugby
[ ] cricket

Laugh They also took the question away on wether you can speak english, and replaced it with do you understand Afrikaans. (for the line out calls) thumbsup

I had to check this, but you are right:

"The UK government introduced this test for those wishing to become a British citizen to prove that they know about life in the UK.

You will have to take the test if you are applying for naturalisation as a British citizen and your level of English is good. If your English is not very strong and you wish to apply for naturalisation, you will need to attend combined English language (ESOL) and citizenship classes instead, or fit into one of the following criteria (a) you have a batting average in first class cricket better than 35 (b) you are taller than 2.00 meters, weigh more than 95kg and the ability to run 100 meters in under 11.5 seconds AND have insufficient ancestory to ever represent Wales."

Astonishing.
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 22 Feb 2012, 10:43 am

miteyironpaw wrote:
biltongbek wrote:

[ ] rugby
[ ] cricket

"The UK government introduced this test for those wishing to become a British citizen to prove that they know about life in the UK.

You will have to take the test if you are applying for naturalisation as a British citizen and your level of English is good. If your English is not very strong and you wish to apply for naturalisation, you will need to attend combined English language (ESOL) and citizenship classes instead, or fit into one of the following criteria (a) you have a batting average in first class cricket better than 35 (b) you are taller than 2.00 meters, weigh more than 95kg and the ability to run 100 meters in under 11.5 seconds AND have insufficient ancestory to ever represent Wales."Astonishing.

No wonder us Saffers are so welcome over there, most of either don't know where Wales is, or pretend we don't know where Wales is, or tell them you will find Whales off the coast of Hermanus. Very Happy
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Wed 22 Feb 2012, 1:31 pm

[ ] rugby
[ ] cricket

laughing , Now that is good clap
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Wed 22 Feb 2012, 7:35 pm

miteyironpaw wrote:I'm English enough to play for England Wink

Hardly credentials of Englishness nowadays, as you've pointed out already..... Behaviour on the Board - Page 3 590675
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Wed 22 Feb 2012, 8:09 pm

biltongbek wrote:
miteyironpaw wrote:
biltongbek wrote:

[ ] rugby
[ ] cricket

Behaviour on the Board - Page 3 810156456 They also took the question away on wether you can speak english, and replaced it with do you understand Afrikaans. (for the line out calls) Behaviour on the Board - Page 3 732107

You will have to take the test if you are applying for naturalisation as a British citizen and your level of English is good. If your English is not very strong and you wish to apply for naturalisation, you will need to attend combined English language (ESOL) and citizenship classes instead, or fit into one of the following criteria (a) you have a batting average in first class cricket better than 35 (b) you are taller than 2.00 meters, weigh more than 95kg and the ability to run 100 meters in under 11.5 seconds AND have insufficient ancestory to ever represent Wales."Astonishing.

No wonder us Saffers are so welcome over there, most of either don't know where Wales is, or pretend we don't know where Wales is, or tell them you will find Whales off the coast of Hermanus. Very Happy

And that's the sort of humour everyone gets.... Behaviour on the Board - Page 3 810156456 Behaviour on the Board - Page 3 3610695981
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by ultra Wed 22 Feb 2012, 8:47 pm

I absoloutely refuse to use little moving smiley things.....but if I did there'd be one smirking away here right now!

ultra

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Fri 24 Feb 2012, 2:26 pm

miteyironpaw wrote:
biltongbek wrote:

[ ] rugby
[ ] cricket

You will have to take the test if you are applying for naturalisation as a British citizen and your level of English is good. If your English is not very strong and you wish to apply for naturalisation, you will need to attend combined English language (ESOL) and citizenship classes instead, or fit into one of the following criteria (a) you have a batting average in first class cricket better than 35 (b) you are taller than 2.00 meters, weigh more than 95kg and the ability to run 100 meters in under 11.5 seconds AND have insufficient ancestory to ever represent Wales."

Astonishing.

Laugh brilliant

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 24 Feb 2012, 4:47 pm

ultra wrote:I absoloutely refuse to use little moving smiley things.....but if I did there'd be one smirking away here right now!

Mate I know you are laughing on the inside. You should never keep it in, you are blocking the airway from your stomach to your blow hole and when you build to much pressure, the explosion will ruin lives. Yahoo
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sun 26 Feb 2012, 3:59 pm

biltongbek wrote:Mate I know you are laughing on the inside. You should never keep it in, you are blocking the airway from your stomach to your blow hole and when you build to much pressure, the explosion will ruin lives. Yahoo

You could always fart it out the other end. laughing
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 26 Feb 2012, 4:07 pm

AlynDavies wrote:
biltongbek wrote:Mate I know you are laughing on the inside. You should never keep it in, you are blocking the airway from your stomach to your blow hole and when you build to much pressure, the explosion will ruin lives. Yahoo

You could always fart it out the other end. laughing

That is the danger I am referring too. Ok!
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 04 Mar 2012, 6:18 pm

I am not normally one to complain but i am getting a little tired of the same poster coming on to wreck match day threads by trying to wind up posters. Its really rather annoying to see.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Sun 04 Mar 2012, 7:39 pm

Fat bloke, East Anglia way? Behaviour on the Board - Page 3 1344700888
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sun 04 Mar 2012, 7:44 pm

eirebilly wrote:I am not normally one to complain but i am getting a little tired of the same poster coming on to wreck match day threads by trying to wind up posters. Its really rather annoying to see.

Since you don't want to name names, I will just assume you mean Chunky Norwich Wink

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun 04 Mar 2012, 7:45 pm

eirebilly wrote:I am not normally one to complain but i am getting a little tired of the same poster coming on to wreck match day threads by trying to wind up posters. Its really rather annoying to see.

+1 and it's the same idiots all the time.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Sun 04 Mar 2012, 7:51 pm

They're idiots all right Cymro, but some of them are so annoying it's practically impossible to ignore them, I've snapped at a couple myself and had warnings from the Mods for it, I shouldn't lower myself...
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 04 Mar 2012, 7:55 pm

PJ, we spoke about this, leave the thuggery to Lawes and Hartley, show them you are a highly educated gentleman. Rolling Eyes
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Sun 04 Mar 2012, 9:25 pm

You're quite right Biltong, one should rise above the low brow moronic jibberings of these footpads, but it would feel really good to smack a couple of 'em in the mouth. Behaviour on the Board - Page 3 496889

Oh, and I couldn't help but notice how friendly BB has been since his arrival in France, he introduced himself to Pape in the recent game against Stade ever so nicely, two or three times... Behaviour on the Board - Page 3 810156456
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Sun 04 Mar 2012, 9:30 pm

It makes me wonder if they are interested in rugby at all. They are like little children begging for attention by creating a fuss in the middle of an adult conversation. The best response is the tried and trusted one of ignoring them, or letting them know if they want attention they should ask politely.
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Sun 04 Mar 2012, 10:54 pm

Yeah, you just ignore them Mitey, sure you do, absolutely, everytime.Behaviour on the Board - Page 3 590675
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Sun 04 Mar 2012, 10:55 pm

I'm ignoring that comment. If you want attention, ask politely. Whistle
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Sun 04 Mar 2012, 11:08 pm

Behaviour on the Board - Page 3 810156456 Ya bollix. Behaviour on the Board - Page 3 291114
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue 06 Mar 2012, 7:12 am

Oh dear PJ, well and truely owned Laugh
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Tue 06 Mar 2012, 7:54 am

There's a first time for everything! Behaviour on the Board - Page 3 2115032417
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue 06 Mar 2012, 7:55 am

Laugh
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 07 Mar 2012, 6:40 pm

WARNING TO ALL MEMBERS

Zero tolerance is the order for the mods with regards to attempts to wind up posters.

They have been told to issue bans if members start to bait others

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Wed 07 Mar 2012, 9:58 pm

Ban 'em all sarge - let God sort 'em out. Behaviour on the Board - Page 3 3610695981
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 08 Mar 2012, 12:11 pm

PJHolybloke wrote:They're idiots all right Cymro, but some of them are so annoying it's practically impossible to ignore them, I've snapped at a couple myself and had warnings from the Mods for it, I shouldn't lower myself...

Beautifully, if people are getting intolerable there is an Ignore function. Learnt it very fast on the Tennis forum. Go to Profile, Friend and Foe and add tiresome folks to the Foe list
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Thu 08 Mar 2012, 9:17 pm

Hmmmm, I don't know how I feel about that. I'm against blanket censorship in principle so I don't think that's the answer for me.

More self-discipline is required I think, but thanks for the suggestion. Very Happy
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 08 Mar 2012, 9:41 pm

Makes you wonder just how many people do have you on a Foe list!!! I only heard about that list recently too.

Maybe a guy could think he hasn't seen old BentNoseGilhooley in a while...and all the while BentNose is having bundles of fun on the very same threads but you just can't see him because he hates your guts.

I'm getting paranoid now............ steady Fly. Take deep breaths, it's not that he hates you, it's just that he dislikes you with a passion.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Mar 2012, 9:43 pm

If you have someone on your Foe list, you can still see that they've posted, just that their posts are hidden under a 'spoiler' tag or something, that you have to click on to open and read. Something like that anyways OK

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Mar 2012, 9:51 pm

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 08 Mar 2012, 9:54 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:
Spoiler:

Laugh The basteraud! (That's a player's name - it's legit!)

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Mar 2012, 9:58 pm

Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Mar 2012, 10:00 pm

That old BentNose is a prickly customer and he holds grudges too warning

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Thu 08 Mar 2012, 10:29 pm

SecretFly wrote:Makes you wonder just how many people do have you on a Foe list!!! I only heard about that list recently too.

Morg was actually convinced that he be on Biltongbek's foe list! Turns out Morg was just being blanked until Bil had cooled off.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 09 Mar 2012, 5:58 am

I realised after the world cup last year when I got real angry at one stage the best thing to do was step away from responding to a poster that frustrated me. Even if it is necessary to do it for a day, a week, or sometimes a month.

Foe doesn't really help becuase you can lose the jest of a conversation. Even if you think a guy has nothing to say you might be interested in reading, they surprise you with some intelligent and objective posts.

So no, I don't foe people, I just don't comment if I feel like climbing through my monitor to wring their necks. Sometimes if a guy goes on like a broken record I will realise it is simply a waste of time to carry on, on a specific subject.

Other times you can rag a poster, like Maesteg, with stats, I beleive we now have mutual understanding about how each feels about stats.

It's all fun and games, isn't it?
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 09 Mar 2012, 7:10 am

SafeAsMilk wrote:
Spoiler:

Absolute cracker SAM clap Laugh

eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 09 Mar 2012, 11:11 am

PJHolybloke wrote:Hmmmm, I don't know how I feel about that. I'm against blanket censorship in principle so I don't think that's the answer for me.

More self-discipline is required I think, but thanks for the suggestion. Very Happy

It's not really censorship though, it's just choosing to ignore a nuisance. I understand why you mightn't want to do it, but the option is there
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 09 Mar 2012, 11:30 am

you loose the jist of the thread if you block posts from posters you have had a tiff with!

i know i was on gatts one lol

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Fri 09 Mar 2012, 10:26 pm

biltongbek wrote:I realised after the world cup last year when I got real angry at one stage the best thing to do was step away from responding to a poster that frustrated me. Even if it is necessary to do it for a day, a week, or sometimes a month.

Foe doesn't really help becuase you can lose the jest of a conversation. Even if you think a guy has nothing to say you might be interested in reading, they surprise you with some intelligent and objective posts.

So no, I don't foe people, I just don't comment if I feel like climbing through my monitor to wring their necks. Sometimes if a guy goes on like a broken record I will realise it is simply a waste of time to carry on, on a specific subject.

Other times you can rag a poster, like Maesteg, with stats, I beleive we now have mutual understanding about how each feels about stats.

It's all fun and games, isn't it?

Yes you did the right thing in stepping away when the knowledgeable poster frustrated you by pointing out the error of your ways. laughing

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 09 Mar 2012, 10:29 pm

This is me stepping away........ Run
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Fri 09 Mar 2012, 10:30 pm

Laugh

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 13 Mar 2012, 9:25 am

wheres mitey?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 13 Mar 2012, 10:39 am

Having a rest with TGG? Whistle

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 13 Mar 2012, 10:40 am

i wonder what he will come back as

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 13 Mar 2012, 11:12 am

There's plenty of characters from the comic strip - am sure he'll find something, but what will his personna be? We've had mad Kiwi bringing every topic back to the 2007 RWC, we've had pompous Englishman, but what's next? Should we have a poll?! Wink

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next