The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Behaviour on the Board

+23
Shifty
Comfort
ultra
PJHolybloke
damngoodOvalball
rumpelstiltskindoh
Cowshot
eirebilly
Breadvan
nganboy
dogtooth
Pal Joey
RuggerRadge2611
miteyironpaw
SecretFly
Morgannwg
mystiroakey
gregortree
Rory_Gallagher
R!skysports
rodders
Biltong
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
27 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Behaviour on the Board - Page 2 Empty Behaviour on the Board

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 16 Feb 2012, 9:19 am

First topic message reminder :

Hello all, as you're all very much aware, it's 6 Nations time, and the rugby board on here is pretty busy. It's 6 Nations time, and most of you are feeling a combination of excitement, patriotism, and nerves. As a result you're keeping the Mod team pretty busy at the moment, so I thought I'd post a few reminders and observations. If only because at various times over the past 3 weeks I've felt like banning half of you Wink

So here goes:
We love rugby debate. Passionate people putting up their opinions on what has happened, and what they think will happen is great. Just remember that people are allowed to disagree with you, and they may just possibly be right. Even I'm wrong occasionally. Not often mind you Wink.

Banter is fine. There's no way a bunch of rugby fans are going to chat about the game without a bit of banter. There's a fine line between banter and wumming. At times it's hard to tell which is which, especially if you've got a history of similar types of posts (you know who you are - remember not to overdo it). Please remember that you're not talking to people face to face, and little nuances of expression don't always come through in writing. That goes for both those writing and those reading posts - don't go out to deliberately offend, and don't go looking to be offended.

Personal abuse is not OK. If the best you can manage in response to someone else's post is to call them an idiot or similar, you've probably long since lost the argument. Better to walk away, and try harder. Because if you are making an arse of yourself you'll be hearing from the Mod team. And you probably will have heard from us already.

This is a family-friendly and workplace-friendly forum. So if you type something that your Mum would have clipped you round the ear/put you on the naughty step for saying when you were 12, don't be surprised if you hear from the Mod team. So lay off the mis-spelled swearwords. I shouldn't have to tell anyone that racism, sexism and other -isms aren't going to make you popular (and in fairness, -isms aren't a common occurence).

Otherwise, us Mods can't read every single post - we do have day jobs, and lives. Well, most of us do anyway Wink. So please do tell us if you think someone's being a prat. We might not agree with you, but we will look into it. Remember most WUMs are looking for a reaction. If they don't get one, they lose. The Mod team does keep track of people who're creating work for us. If you're hearing from us regularly it probably means you're creating work, and our patience only stretches so far.

Last edited by Kiwireddevil on Mon 23 Apr 2012, 12:40 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Typos. Always with the typos.)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Behaviour on the Board - Page 2 Empty Re: Behaviour on the Board

Post by Cowshot Mon 20 Feb 2012, 10:04 am

What is official 606v2 policy regarding someone who joins up to deceive other posters as to his nationality and then proceeds to write in a style designed to cause irritation and annoyance for which not his nationality, but the one he wants to cause trouble for and is pretending to be, will take the blame?

Is it just accepted that sneaking underhanded little hatemongers are going to crawl aboard, or can they be banned?

Cowshot

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 20 Feb 2012, 10:04 am

biltongbek wrote:Yeah it is fairly civil, just be very careful around certain countries

Rabies reached Wales????!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why didn't you warn us earlier!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 20 Feb 2012, 10:05 am

By the sound of it Billy, they aren't exclusive to South Africans anymore. Shocked
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon 20 Feb 2012, 10:06 am

biltongbek wrote:By the sound of it Billy, they aren't exclusive to South Africans anymore. Shocked

laughing Apparently not Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 20 Feb 2012, 10:06 am

SecretFly wrote:
biltongbek wrote:Yeah it is fairly civil, just be very careful around certain countries

Rabies reached Wales????!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why didn't you warn us earlier!
Don't know what you are talking about, I deny, having se................ Whistle
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Feb 2012, 10:12 am

Cowshot - I think I know who you're referring to, but if you do have a serious problem with it, then please drop me or one of the other mod/admin's a PM Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowshot Mon 20 Feb 2012, 10:16 am

Cheers.

Cowshot

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Mon 20 Feb 2012, 10:29 am

Cowshot wrote:What is official 606v2 policy regarding someone who joins up to deceive other posters as to his nationality and then proceeds to write in a style designed to cause irritation and annoyance for which not his nationality, but the one he wants to cause trouble for and is pretending to be, will take the blame?

Is it just accepted that sneaking underhanded little hatemongers are going to crawl aboard, or can they be banned?

Cowshot, those are pretty serious allegations. You'd have to be very careful with whomever you were speaking about didn't actually have the nationality that they claim to have surely, because if this hypothetical person could prove that they were (for instance) of the nationality that they claimed to be. And in fact they weren't "writing in a style designed to cause irritation and annoyance) and in fact, just expressing heartfelt opinions that they genuinely had, then (a) you'd be slandering someone (b) being a bit racist and (c) getting unnecessarily wound up about some dreamed up conspiracy that didn't really exist when really it's just a case of you disagreeing with this person.

Since clearly you are talking about me, as you have intonated the same concern on various other of my posts, let me assure you that I am a proud passport holding Brit, with a NI number, mortgages with British banks in Britian, I reside here 99% of the year, have a company with an HQ in England, registered in England and I pay all my tax in England. I own two St George cross flags, some cufflinks with the same, and even some union jack underwear.

I'm more than happy to supply any identifying information to the administrators to independently verify to put your mind at rest, (except the underwear, there are other internet forms for that) if it makes you and/or them happy.

Now if you are not referring to me then apologies, but if you are, could we put this issue to rest, and could you please stop following me around on the boards suggesting I'm a foreigner on a WUM?
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowshot Mon 20 Feb 2012, 10:42 am

If you are English I am ashamed of you and apologise to you for being wrong about your nationality.

I stand by my low opinion of the personality you express on these boards.

edit: Are you actually going to say you are English? All we've got so far is that you are a British Passport holder and you have quite noticeably failed to actually say you are English yet. You've just danced around it.

Last edited by Cowshot on Mon 20 Feb 2012, 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Cowshot

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 20 Feb 2012, 10:44 am

get over it cowshot- blimey- he is wumming half the time- it stimulates debate, and even if most of the time he is serious- he is just a passionate england fan

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowshot Mon 20 Feb 2012, 11:00 am

Sorry mysti. I'm not the only one who thinks there's something rotten in the state of mip. Others are on the thread where this blew up if you want to check. You'll note my apology is conditional on his really being English, which he has still only implied.

Cowshot

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Mon 20 Feb 2012, 11:03 am

Cowshot wrote:If you are English I am ashamed of you and apologise to you for being wrong about your nationality.

I stand by my low opinion of the personality you express on these boards.

edit: Are you actually going to say you are English? All we've got so far is that you are a British Passport holder and you have quite noticeably failed to actually say you are English yet. You've just danced around it.

We're all British surely Cowshot. Am I not allowed to be a proud Brit? Yes, I am English, but I perfer to see myself as part of the greater Britain, in as much as that doesn't come across as arrogant or disrespectful to Scottish, Welsh or those of the opposite persuasion in the NI, or the falkland Islanders or wherever. Who knows how much longer the old union will hang together? Until then we're all Brits, and a bit of banter aside, we're all on the same team. Why can't we all just get along and accept or micro-nationalistic differences during the 6N with a pinch of salt and good spirits eh? Remember the days of the good old commonwealth? Weren't those halcion days by comparison to this European mess we've got tangled in. The whole commonwealth (just about) played either rugby or cricket and we could all get on together. You don't see that from some of these Europeans do you? no. It's all hand-ball and giant slalom and luge and gymnastics. And they won't even let our rugby playing friends in Romainia into their little club. It's terrible. Don't you think? Corruption? Corruption? We let the Greeks get involved and look where that's led to, I can't help but think a bit of Romanian mafia involvement could do nothing other than streamline the whole EU funding process. Anyway I digress. British, that's what we are. And that's why I'll be happy if Rugby is the winner on the weekend, lets hope for another classic like the Wales v Ireland game, only not marred by a terrible inconsistent refereeing decision on full time eh? What do you say? Hug
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 20 Feb 2012, 11:05 am

I think the administrator should now write a new thread - with heading:

Behavior on the 'Behavior' Thread.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Feb 2012, 11:07 am

Tis very tempting to do so SecretFly.

Posters should remain aware that the moderator team are constantly monitoring posts and behaviour on this forum. We are getting close to working on a zero tolerance policy with all of the rubbish and increase in wumming that has appeared during the 6N's. You've all been warned now so please - behave yourselves.

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 20 Feb 2012, 11:11 am

i dont know what to believe, i try to belive in humanity and that people dont waste hours upon hours pretending to be someone else- well on these british boards anyway- there are some very odd people on IMDB message boards that i worry about in a big way.

Im gonna give miteyiron the benefit of the doubt.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 20 Feb 2012, 11:12 am

rugbydreamer wrote:Tis very tempting to do so SecretFly.

Posters should remain aware that the moderator team are constantly monitoring posts and behaviour on this forum. We are getting close to working on a zero tolerance policy with all of the rubbish and increase in wumming that has appeared during the 6N's. You've all been warned now so please - behave yourselves.

are you for real- i thought you wanted this place to grow? you cut wumming you got no chance

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Mon 20 Feb 2012, 11:16 am

Being entirely honest now. One mans optimistic assessment of a positive outcome, seems to be another man's WUM.

If an article titled "What are England's Chances" appears, or "Where will England finish" or "Who wants it more?" and one replies in an affirmative way and gets accused of being a giant WUM by people who don't agree, then how do you know if you are falling foul of a zero tolerance on WUMming?

If some posters are wound up by honest opinions, then isn't there an intersection between frank assessment and deliberate antagonisation?
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowshot Mon 20 Feb 2012, 11:18 am

Well, whatever you are, in my opinion you are a thoroughly nasty piece of work. Can't say anything without a dig somewhere.

Time for that foe button methinks.

Cowshot

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Mon 20 Feb 2012, 11:57 am

Sorry to hear that Cowshot, but I respect your desicion all the same.
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by rumpelstiltskindoh Mon 20 Feb 2012, 3:49 pm

i'd support a zero tolerance policy, mr and ms mod.

there's nowt wrong with expressing some passion and commitment.

what is spoiling my enjoyment of the site is the increasing number of posters who seem unable to express their support of one team/player/nation without a humourless and deliberate goading of someone else.

rumpelstiltskindoh

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 20 Feb 2012, 3:59 pm

resolving themselv es-
rumpelstiltskindoh wrote:i'd support a zero tolerance policy, mr and ms mod.

what is spoiling my enjoyment of the site is the increasing number of posters who seem unable to express their support of one team/player/nation without a humourless and deliberate goading of someone else.

my concern is that i have noticed plenty of mods do not operate without bias. i have seen plenty(especially on the boxing boards) have a pop at people , get personal and then 5 minutes later start deleting and red ink other threads!!

the other problems i have noticed are that-heated discussions have a habbit of resolving themselves- mods can jump in way to fast. This place is pretty mellow to say the least- dont make it a communist state with curropt police!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Feb 2012, 4:23 pm

Have you noticed that issue with moderators on the rugby forum out of interest, mystir?

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Mon 20 Feb 2012, 4:44 pm

There is also the issue that some posters run off and complain to moderators just because they are losing an argument and are getting upset about it.
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 20 Feb 2012, 4:45 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:Have you noticed that issue with moderators on the rugby forum out of interest, mystir?

you know i have rugby- and i told you straight up last year- not recently mind- i say it when i see it!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Feb 2012, 4:55 pm

ha I confess I don't remember that, sorry Mystir!

Also, tis worth noting that the entire mod team are posters first, moderators second, so they are completely free to express their own opinions. It's not unheard of that we've had to moderate each others' posts before Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 20 Feb 2012, 5:14 pm

rumpelstiltskindoh wrote:i'd support a zero tolerance policy, mr and ms mod.

On the contrary, I feel it is the 'passionate' and the 'committed' who tend to be the people who show they've lost a humour chip somewhere along the way on their expressed love of rugby.

It's the passionate and committed fans who want you to shut up and listen to them, the ones who don't like alternate opinions given, accuse anyone who disagrees with their opinions of being wums, gets into the personal attacks and generally don't like humour. They don't think it should be part of a serious rugby forum, don't understand humour, can't detect humour and take life way way too seriously. Those are the people I find who drag reasonable tet-a-tets between fans into the rants that inevitable lead to a spiral of bad tempered fallouts.

Maybe it is - maybe talking about rugby is serious work where some people come from...but for others, it's entertainment - we love rugby,we love watching it, we like talking about it and yes, we also like to have a laugh about it. Some of the people here who get accused of goading and wummery are probably some of the least offensive and least offended people on the board.

You have to know when rubs and digs and little humourous stabs at team ability or places of birth should not to be taken seriously. You have to be an adult and know when to be offended and when not to be. You just can't be a blanket 'offended personality' all the time, or else people just ignore you or 606v2 becomes a refuge for icy wind and creaking windows.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 20 Feb 2012, 5:17 pm

i think most people just get annoyed or not annoyed by stuff based on there time of the month!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by rumpelstiltskindoh Mon 20 Feb 2012, 6:01 pm

SecretFly wrote:... I feel it is the 'passionate' and the 'committed' who tend to be the people who show they've lost a humour chip somewhere along the way on their expressed love of rugby.

It's the passionate and committed fans who want you to shut up and listen to them, the ones who don't like alternate opinions given, accuse anyone who disagrees with their opinions of being wums, gets into the personal attacks and generally don't like humour. They don't think it should be part of a serious rugby forum, don't understand humour, can't detect humour and take life way way too seriously...

...You have to be an adult and know when to be offended and when not to be.....

On the '"for 'passionate and commited', read 'intolerant and humourless'" idea , you might well be right there, fly. Unfortunately, the same seems to apply to those posters who claim 'it's just a bit of banter'. They too are often actually little more than witless bigots.

Your suggestion that "you have to know when to be offended and when not to be" doesn't help much. I mean, we all think we know that, dont we? Only we all have different ideas of when that is.

Maybe your tolerance threshold is higher than mine. Personally, I'd be happy to see the benefit of the doubt fall further toward the side of politeness and decency - I can get plenty of ignorant, bullying, half-wittery elsewhere on the web. Elsewhere in life, come to that....

rumpelstiltskindoh

Back to top Go down

Post by rumpelstiltskindoh Mon 20 Feb 2012, 6:06 pm

^Do I sound priggish there? Nah. Take mysterioakey's last comment:

mystiroakey wrote:i think most people just get annoyed or not annoyed by stuff based on there time of the month!

See - not accurate, and not funny. But at least s/he's trying So I'm not offended.

rumpelstiltskindoh

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 20 Feb 2012, 6:12 pm

My point was that some people go out of their way to be offended...and maybe that's their thing - who am I to criticise their reasons for turning up anymore than I think anyone has a right to question mine.

I just think a lot of affectation and 'reality' acting goes on when people claim to be constantly offended by things that gets said on here.

I float through a lot of threads on here and the majority are the perfect example of what you suggest should be the norm - polite and decent.

But the smile, the sense of ease that you can have a little fun with a subject, the sense that you know others in the thread won't go scanners because you throw a little cheeky line in - that aspect is a refreshing part of all forums. There is only so much strait-lacedness that some of us can tolerate. You have to know you're talking to humans not just analysist, stat and teamsheet machines.

Know what I mean?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 20 Feb 2012, 6:17 pm

rumpelstiltskindoh wrote:^Do I sound priggish there? Nah. Take mysterioakey's last comment:

mystiroakey wrote:i think most people just get annoyed or not annoyed by stuff based on there time of the month!

See - not accurate, and not funny. But at least s/he's trying So I'm not offended.

you really are a bore arnt you. if you want to mould this forum into something that you want you will never get opinions from all sides. Your comment was condesending and borish- or another word might be 'priggish' i suppose

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon 20 Feb 2012, 6:21 pm

Doesnt seem like this thread achieved the desired result somehow Run
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 20 Feb 2012, 6:24 pm

SecretFly wrote:My point was that some people go out of their way to be offended...and maybe that's their thing - who am I to criticise their reasons for turning up anymore than I think anyone has a right to question mine.

I just think a lot of affectation and 'reality' acting goes on when people claim to be constantly offended by things that gets said on here.

I float through a lot of threads on here and the majority are the perfect example of what you suggest should be the norm - polite and decent.

But the smile, the sense of ease that you can have a little fun with a subject, the sense that you know others in the thread won't go scanners because you throw a little cheeky line in - that aspect is a refreshing part of all forums. There is only so much strait-lacedness that some of us can tolerate. You have to know you're talking to humans not just analysist, stat and teamsheet machines.

Know what I mean?

I quite enjoy those who have a sense of humor, to me it is a sign of intelligence.

What I can't stand is when someone decides they are going to object to anything you say becuase deep down in their paranoid mind they have decided you are anti this or anti that. There is no reasoning with them, it is like hitting your head against a wall of incapable reasoning.

Usually I have the ability to walk away without getting up tight, but during this six nations it has become retaliatory.

Hence me deciding some teams should not be up for discussion by me.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Mon 20 Feb 2012, 6:35 pm

Hence me deciding some teams should not be up for discussion by me.

And for me honestly the only team I have felt like that with is Wales.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Feb 2012, 6:44 pm

ha Rory, I feel the same about Irish threads. Tis swings and roundabouts I guess, and who you tend to come across when debating something Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon 20 Feb 2012, 6:46 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:ha Rory, I feel the same about Irish threads. Tis swings and roundabouts I guess, and who you tend to come across when debating something Smile

What??? Us Irish are brilliant...... How dare you say that dreamer... Shame on you Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Mon 20 Feb 2012, 6:48 pm

Honestly I haven't seen you about the irish threads at all dreamer, apart from the Ferris tackle one which is a complete mess. Avoid at all costs!

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Mon 20 Feb 2012, 6:49 pm

Personally I get bothered when someone starts a thread with a rancid and incandescent rage, quoting papers and citing pundits and getting completely worked up, and then when one haplessly presents an alternative view they fly off the handle, making all kinds of personal insults and pontifications and then have the gall to report the responses to the moderation team. Surely some very divergent views require a fair level of heat to resolve, and that is the point of bringing it up in the first place. I think if you're not going to tolerate opposing views, then posting to a forum for debate is the wrong thing to do. Sometimes a bitter of hyperbole is required to try to point out the ludicrous nature of some of the points of view; they're not supposed to be outrageous WUMs, they're merely highlighting the anxious nature of the original posters point of view. That's my view anyway.
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Feb 2012, 6:51 pm

hee, sorry Billy Hug

Rory - Ha I've had a few run ins with ROG lovers when I was complimenting Sexton - the backlash is incredible!

And I tried tentatively at the Earls at centre thread, but when I realised that that thread was on a loop repeating the same argument I stayed clear!

I find Irish fans of the provinces can be quite, erm, heated? shall we say when it comes to defending their favoured player etc. I tend to steer well clear of them.

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 20 Feb 2012, 6:52 pm

the tackle thread- funniest thread on here , - suppose it is when you
can just observe and not take offence because your beloved team has
nothing to do with it.

it does surprise me how it hasnt been pulled- so many on here do, in a
way quite ironic - coinsidering the thread is all about consistancy of
people in charge ..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Mon 20 Feb 2012, 6:54 pm

Oh yeah I agree with you on both points there. Don't mention ROG in any way that isn't good when those Munster fans are lurking Wink

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon 20 Feb 2012, 6:56 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:
I find Irish fans of the provinces can be quite, erm, heated? shall we say when it comes to defending their favoured player etc. I tend to steer well clear of them.

Hey, you are not alone there dreamer, even i avoid them Very Happy

eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon 20 Feb 2012, 6:58 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:Oh yeah I agree with you on both points there. Don't mention ROG in any way that isn't good when those Munster fans are lurking Wink

Yeah but he is still better than Sexton Run
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 20 Feb 2012, 6:58 pm

ROG 'over'lovers are ok when you cover their eyes with a blindfold, gag them, handcuff them to a chair, surround them with a padded cell, 14 inch steel door locked - fifteen times... and nice soothing music piped into them.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Feb 2012, 7:12 pm

Fly - I'm not sure even that's enough to contain them!

Back to top Go down

Post by rumpelstiltskindoh Mon 20 Feb 2012, 8:35 pm

mystiroakey wrote:
rumpelstiltskindoh wrote:^Do I sound priggish there? Nah. Take mysterioakey's last comment:

you really are a bore arnt you. if you want to mould this forum into something that you want you will never get opinions from all sides. Your comment was condesending and borish- or another word might be 'priggish' i suppose

mysteri - i'm genuinely sorry if you were upset by my post. many apologies. i was only trying to be funny!
it really makes the point against me, i guess - it didnt even occur to me that you would read it any other way...
ah well, back to the only board that makes any sense - rumpelstiltskindoh.com (membership limited to me only - FOREVER!)

rumpelstiltskindoh

Back to top Go down

Post by damngoodOvalball Tue 21 Feb 2012, 3:58 pm

Cowshot wrote:Well, whatever you are, in my opinion you are a thoroughly nasty piece of work. Can't say anything without a dig somewhere.

Wow, isnt this a bit far fetched? Mitey strikes me as being a passionate England fan, who has some good banter with other (mainly Welsh) fans who are equally passionate about their team, and enjoy the same sort of banter. It might get a bit close to thhe bone from time to time but there is a good level of rugby knowledge and it works both ways. At least the exchanges are amusing, especially when he is involved in a head to head with View or Tycroes Osprey, until the latter goes off on a pony tangent that is....

There are some out and out WUMS who can be properly unpleasant but the mods seem to have a grip on them and its nowhere near as bad as the beeb 606 forum was. Anyway, Mitey, and his Welsh equivalents do not fit into this category in my opinion.

I'm also surprised that you could become so offended by someone on an internet forum that you actually feel ashamed of them. Perhaps some of his comments to you were below the belt but I think you might be taking it a bit too seriously if you end up feeling ashamed. I'm not having a dig at all Cowshot, but you could either ignore Miteys posts or lighten up a bit and take it with a lorry load of salt....

damngoodOvalball

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 21 Feb 2012, 4:39 pm

rumpelstiltskindoh wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:

mysteri - i'm genuinely sorry if you were upset by my post. many apologies. i was only trying to be funny!
it really makes the point against me, i guess - it didnt even occur to me that you would read it any other way...
ah well, back to the only board that makes any sense - rumpelstiltskindoh.com (membership limited to me only - FOREVER!)

sorry- i went over the top. I am a reactionary poster- sometimes it haunts me. Come back all is forgiven

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Tue 21 Feb 2012, 8:45 pm

damngoodOvalball wrote:
Cowshot wrote:Well, whatever you are, in my opinion you are a thoroughly nasty piece of work. Can't say anything without a dig somewhere.

Wow, isnt this a bit far fetched? Mitey strikes me as being a passionate England fan, who has some good banter with other (mainly Welsh) fans who are equally passionate about their team, and enjoy the same sort of banter. It might get a bit close to thhe bone from time to time but there is a good level of rugby knowledge and it works both ways. At least the exchanges are amusing, especially when he is involved in a head to head with View or Tycroes Osprey, until the latter goes off on a pony tangent that is....

There are some out and out WUMS who can be properly unpleasant but the mods seem to have a grip on them and its nowhere near as bad as the beeb 606 forum was. Anyway, Mitey, and his Welsh equivalents do not fit into this category in my opinion.

I'm also surprised that you could become so offended by someone on an internet forum that you actually feel ashamed of them. Perhaps some of his comments to you were below the belt but I think you might be taking it a bit too seriously if you end up feeling ashamed. I'm not having a dig at all Cowshot, but you could either ignore Miteys posts or lighten up a bit and take it with a lorry load of salt....

laughing Mitey isn't actually English though is he?
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Wed 22 Feb 2012, 7:00 am

PJHolybloke wrote:
damngoodOvalball wrote:

laughing Mitey isn't actually English though is he?

PJ warning

laughing
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next