The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lets Change The Subject

+12
Nico the gman
Boxtthis
steven24
Union Cane
Mind the windows Tino.
jimmy joe
TopHat24/7
Soldier_Of_Fortune
huw
Steffan
Adam D
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Lets Change The Subject Empty Lets Change The Subject

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 22 Feb 2012, 12:42 pm

Absolutely riduculous that there are 27 threads out of the 48 on the front page related to the K2/Chisora/Haye debacle.

Come on, there is more to talk about on this forum.

Marcos Maidana vs Devon Alexander this weekend is one I have been chomping at the bit for, ever since it was announced late last year.

How do you guys see it going, will Alexander steal ANOTHER win against the Argentinian Bulldog!?

I can see Maidana having to much in the tank and pressuring Devon to a late TKO (or Alexander quitting like he did against Bradley).

There is also a binman getting a world title shot this weekend against Cleverly, best of luck to him too.

Anyway, just thought I'd try to change the record because its getting serious kack on here when you log on and you see the "done to death" articles on last weekends "action".

Cheers!

Dee
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Lets Change The Subject Empty Re: Lets Change The Subject

Post by Adam D Wed 22 Feb 2012, 12:43 pm

I agree OK

Although to be fair, if I were to merge anything, I would get another love letter thread coming my way thumbsup

Although there are a lot, I do feel that in quite a few of them, the topic of discussion is sufficiently different (not all mind)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 22 Feb 2012, 12:47 pm

No probs Adam, I have found myself not bothering to log on at time just, because Im sick to death of hearing about them now. haha.

Think its time to move on thumbsup
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 22 Feb 2012, 12:49 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn...a man so sick of hearing about the Chisora v Haye brawl talk...he decided to create a brand new thread on how sick he is of...the Chisora v Haye brawl talk

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 22 Feb 2012, 12:55 pm

"How do you guys see it going, will Alexander steal ANOTHER win against the Argentinian Bulldog!?

I can see Maidana having to much in the tank and pressuring Devon to a late TKO (or Alexander quitting like he did against Bradley).

There is also a binman getting a world title shot this weekend against Cleverly, best of luck to him too."

Cheers for your input , did I upset you in some way?
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Wed 22 Feb 2012, 12:56 pm

We should be debating who would win between Pacman and Mayweather.

I miss those long threads where everyone repeated the same thing time and again usually getting locked in the end as D4 had wound everyone up to the point of exasperation.

The good old days.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 22 Feb 2012, 1:01 pm

huw wrote:We should be debating who would win between Pacman and Mayweather.

I miss those long threads where everyone repeated the same thing time and again usually getting locked in the end as D4 had wound everyone up to the point of exasperation.

The good old days.
Were you a Pactard or a Flomo I cant remember Huw?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 22 Feb 2012, 1:02 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Cheers for your input , did I upset you in some way?
Yes...but you cant help the fact that you exist I guess thumbsup

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Wed 22 Feb 2012, 1:09 pm

Steffan wrote:
huw wrote:We should be debating who would win between Pacman and Mayweather.

The good old days.
Were you a Pactard or a Flomo I cant remember Huw?

I was more Pactard than Floyd nuthugger but honest enough to favour Floyd in a fight. Used to try to stick up for D4 as much as I could, especially when he was on one of his 'a runny nose kills more people than the US army' type arguments as they were brilliantly stupid.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 22 Feb 2012, 1:11 pm

I miss D4. There are about 5-6 posters on here I would gladly exchange to have him back

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 22 Feb 2012, 1:12 pm

Is Maidana v Alexander a 10 rounder then??? Neither hold a title or do they?

Alexander was lucky against Matthyse and very lucky against Kotelnik. If the fight is in Baltimore, Alexander anywhere else Maidana

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 22 Feb 2012, 1:12 pm

Steffan wrote:I miss D4. There are about 5-6 posters on here I would gladly exchange to have him back

TRUSSMAN and who else?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Wed 22 Feb 2012, 1:15 pm

Steffan wrote:I miss D4. There are about 5-6 posters on here I would gladly exchange to have him back

I think Coxy and D4 were actually the same person but it is something Coxy isn't aware of. Almost a fight club style mental illness where the personality just switches.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 22 Feb 2012, 1:24 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Is Maidana v Alexander a 10 rounder then??? Neither hold a title or do they?

Alexander was lucky against Matthyse and very lucky against Kotelnik. If the fight is in Baltimore, Alexander anywhere else Maidana

It's in St Louis I think. And yes, a 10 rounder. After jobbing both Kotelnik and Matthyse I hope Devon "It burns, it burns" Alexander gets a good slapping.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmy joe Wed 22 Feb 2012, 1:32 pm

Adam D wrote:I agree OK

Although to be fair, if I were to merge anything, I would get another love letter thread coming my way thumbsup

Although there are a lot, I do feel that in quite a few of them, the topic of discussion is sufficiently different (not all mind)

Merge away fella, no more love letters coming your way either, since my post on moderators moderating has been moderated i'll say no more censored

jimmy joe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 22 Feb 2012, 1:36 pm

jimmy joe wrote:i'll say no more

We live in hope.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmy joe Wed 22 Feb 2012, 1:41 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

We live in hope.

knob!!

jimmy joe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 22 Feb 2012, 1:42 pm

jimmy joe wrote:

We live in hope.

knob!!

That will get moderated, you know. You're bringing this all on yourself.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmy joe Wed 22 Feb 2012, 1:43 pm

jimmy joe wrote:

We live in hope.

knob!!

i knew it would, will you get moderated also for your humorous little quip?

jimmy joe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 22 Feb 2012, 1:44 pm

jimmy joe wrote:
jimmy joe wrote:

We live in hope.

knob!!

Quite possibly. The difference is, I won't write a stroppy thread about the injustice of it all.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmy joe Wed 22 Feb 2012, 1:47 pm

jimmy joe wrote:
jimmy joe wrote:

We live in hope.

knob!!

Quite possibly. The difference is, I won't write a stroppy thread about the injustice of it all.

wan't stroppy, was an opinion, (what forums are for to express opinions), anyway, don't want to hijack this thread any more so thats my last word on it.

jimmy joe

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 22 Feb 2012, 1:49 pm

jimmy joe wrote:thats my last word on it.

We live in hope.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmy joe Wed 22 Feb 2012, 1:51 pm

Union Cane wrote:
jimmy joe wrote:thats my last word on it.

We live in hope.

thumbsup

jimmy joe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 22 Feb 2012, 1:51 pm

jimmy joe wrote:
so thats my last word on it.

So instead you send me a hilarious and barely literate PM. My kids insult me with greater venom that your attempt.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 22 Feb 2012, 1:52 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Is Maidana v Alexander a 10 rounder then??? Neither hold a title or do they?

Maidana is the WBA Regular Champ, how is this not for the belt??
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by steven24 Wed 22 Feb 2012, 1:55 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Absolutely riduculous that there are 27 threads out of the 48 on the front page related to the K2/Chisora/Haye debacle.

Marcos Maidana vs Devon Alexander this weekend is one I have been chomping at the bit for, ever since it was announced late last year.

How do you guys see it going, will Alexander steal ANOTHER win against the Argentinian Bulldog!?

There is also a binman getting a world title shot this weekend against Cleverly, best of luck to him too.

Anyway, just thought I'd try to change the record because its getting serious kack on here when you log on and you see the "done to death" articles on last weekends "action".

Cheers!

Dee

Well said
Maidana v Alexander is a brilliant fight, i do hope Devon wins though, because i have always been a fan of him, i respect Maidana also, but just think Alexander will be too slick, fast and can stop Maidana in 10. I would love to see Devon fight the 'I'll blame everyone but myself that i lost to a guy who was far hungrier than me' Amir Khan, Alexander would give him nightmares imo.

steven24

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 22 Feb 2012, 1:59 pm

steven24 wrote:
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Absolutely riduculous that there are 27 threads out of the 48 on the front page related to the K2/Chisora/Haye debacle.

Cheers!

Dee

Well said
Maidana v Bradley is a brilliant fight, i do hope Devon wins though, because i have always been a fan of him, i respect Maidana also, but just think Alexander will be too slick, fast and can stop Maidana in 10.

I dunno Steven, its been a while since we seen the slickness. Since the little step up he seems to have lost his way slightly. When Kotelnik is able to beat you to the punch then its time to go and do some hard work. But then Mattysse literally done him up straight after. He is lucky to not have a 3 on the loss column. Even against Bradley he was lost and didn't know how to keep a pressure fighter at bay.

I just can't see him improving anytime soon to the point where he will be a legitimate contender. But I know what your saying because he was ready and waiting to make an impact 2 years ago, the Bradley defeat showed the major faults in my eyes.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 22 Feb 2012, 2:08 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:

It's in St Louis I think. And yes, a 10 rounder. After jobbing both Kotelnik and Matthyse I hope Devon "It burns, it burns" Alexander gets a good slapping.

Sorry I meant St Louis. Yer can see how Maidana gets a win here. A KO for a draw perhaps?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Wed 22 Feb 2012, 2:17 pm

I think Maidana is a potential nightmare for Alexander. I see a largely similar fight to Devon's 'winning' effort against Matthyse. Alexander to box and be slick in places. Maidana to stalk, swing, and cut him off in others. Alexander might just squeak by if he doesn't get caught.

A good win for either makes them relevant in the division again. You've got to respect both fighters for taking the bout (well, to be honest, pitching yourself against the other top guys in your division to prove you're better than them should be the name of the game in boxing, but these days it's all too rare, so you've got to point out the good ones).

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed 22 Feb 2012, 3:28 pm

Think Alexander boxes his way to a 10 round UD,Alexander is clever enough to fight on the outside jab and move will be the tactics.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 22 Feb 2012, 3:30 pm

Have not seen loads of Alexander but on the occasions I have seen him have always got the slight impression to quote Dad's Army that he "doesn't like it up him" That may be a little harsh but think if Marcos can jump on him early and make it rough he may start to look for a way out.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by BristolBlingRules Wed 22 Feb 2012, 3:49 pm

jimmy joe wrote:
so thats my last word on it.

So instead you send me a hilarious and barely literate PM. My kids insult me with greater venom that your attempt.

Was it only guys like michaels who could truly wind you up?

Thought saturday was cracking and i reckon people are being too righteous about it all. handbags at best. boxing has been dull as dishwater for the last few months.

BristolBlingRules

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Wed 22 Feb 2012, 3:54 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote: There is also a binman getting a world title shot this weekend against Cleverly, best of luck to him too.

He's not a binman. He's a nurse. Yes, an actual nurse.

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/171585-karpency-is-nurse-by-day-world-title-challenger-by-night

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 22 Feb 2012, 4:00 pm

BristolBlingRules wrote:
Was it only guys like michaels who could truly wind you up?

No, Seany. It would take more than you to do that.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by BristolBlingRules Wed 22 Feb 2012, 4:09 pm

Theres a lot of blue green and red these days. Still an avid reader.

BristolBlingRules

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 22 Feb 2012, 4:10 pm

Boxtthis wrote:
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote: There is also a binman getting a world title shot this weekend against Cleverly, best of luck to him too.

He's not a binman. He's a nurse. Yes, an actual nurse.

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/171585-karpency-is-nurse-by-day-world-title-challenger-by-night

Cleverly is fighting a nurse Laugh

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 22 Feb 2012, 4:12 pm

Maidana will need to get Alexander out of there, or else a robbery is v likely. Only a ten rounder which is kind of ridiculous for an HBO maine event between two top names, and also, that favours Alexander. Hoping late TKO for the Argentine. We shall see

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 22 Feb 2012, 4:13 pm

BristolBlingRules wrote:Theres a lot of blue green and red these days. Still an avid reader.

What happened to your stevenjonson character or whatever his name was. He came and went in a flash.

My favourite is still razzaq. He was by far your best alter-ego.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by BristolBlingRules Wed 22 Feb 2012, 4:16 pm

BristolBlingRules wrote:Theres a lot of blue green and red these days. Still an avid reader.

What happened to your stevenjonson character or whatever his name was. He came and went in a flash.

Stevo didn't go down well. Neither did davehedgehog.

They only liked razzaq cos he was French, or at least lived there for a bit.

BristolBlingRules

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 22 Feb 2012, 4:18 pm

Good job there's no mods about...
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 22 Feb 2012, 4:20 pm

BristolBlingRules wrote:

Stevo didn't go down well. Neither did davehedgehog.

They only liked razzaq cos he was French, or at least lived there for a bit.

I must have missed davehedgehog. Anyway, welcome back. I guess if I want to speak to you, I will find you on the WWE section.....

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 22 Feb 2012, 4:27 pm

Union Cane wrote:Good job there's no mods about...

You and the rest of the Management Committee should hire me. I have exposed Lumbering_Jack and now micheals. I have a nose for this kind of thing.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 22 Feb 2012, 4:28 pm

A veritable Mrs Marbles.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 22 Feb 2012, 4:29 pm

Is michaels persona non grata round these parts?

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 22 Feb 2012, 4:29 pm

You and the rest of the Management Committee should hire me. I have exposed Lumbering_Jack and now micheals. I have a nose for this kind of thing.

You serve too important a function on here already attracting them to you.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 22 Feb 2012, 4:33 pm

rowley wrote:

You serve too important a function on here already attracting them to you.

Fair enough. I am more than happy with my 'Peoples Champion' role.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 22 Feb 2012, 4:33 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:You and the rest of the Management Committee should hire me. I have exposed Lumbering_Jack and now micheals. I have a nose for this kind of thing.
Who is Sean Micheals then?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 22 Feb 2012, 4:35 pm

Steffan wrote:Who is Sean Micheals then?

Google him.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 22 Feb 2012, 4:38 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:

TRUSSMAN and who else?
I would actually keep Truss just to watch him get wound up by D4

You, Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn, Pretty Boy Kev would be on the starting list for eviction

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 22 Feb 2012, 4:39 pm

Union Cane wrote:
Steffan wrote:Who is Sean Micheals then?

Google him.
Forget I asked...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next