The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Martinez vs Macklin on St Patrick's Day

+11
Nico the gman
BoxingFan88
Duty281
azania
manos de piedra
Boxtthis
School Project
Union Cane
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Steffan
steven24
15 posters

Go down

Martinez vs Macklin on St Patrick's Day Empty Martinez vs Macklin on St Patrick's Day

Post by steven24 Wed 22 Feb 2012, 5:06 pm

Matthew Macklin faces the number 1 middleweight in the world on March 17th, can he finally fulfill his potential and unseat the Argentinian? or will Martinez be too good?

steven24

Back to top Go down

Martinez vs Macklin on St Patrick's Day Empty Re: Martinez vs Macklin on St Patrick's Day

Post by Steffan Wed 22 Feb 2012, 5:10 pm

I slightly biased towards the Irishman here but I think if Macklin can keep his work rate up then he has every chance. Gonna have take the fight to Martinez like he did against Sturm. Try not to go too mental though and gas out a bit again. Think this one will go the distance. Hopefully Macklin taking it

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Martinez vs Macklin on St Patrick's Day Empty Re: Martinez vs Macklin on St Patrick's Day

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 22 Feb 2012, 5:11 pm

Martinez will be too good.

Macklin is the kind of fighter that makes Martinez look like an all time great.

But that being said, I will be cheering on my fellow Irishman (hehe) and will be looking forward to a cracking fight. Macklin loves a good scrap and it will be edge of the seat stuff I think.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 22 Feb 2012, 5:13 pm

Steffan wrote:I slightly biased towards the Irishman here but I think if Macklin can keep his work rate up then he has every chance. Gonna have take the fight to Martinez like he did against Sturm. Try not to go too mental though and gas out a bit again. Think this one will go the distance. Hopefully Macklin taking it

I thought that at the start too mate but to be honest Sturm hasn't got anywhere near the movement that Martinez has. Hes a very awkward chappy and has enough power in those fists to take Macklins head off. I just don't think Matt has the power to do the reverse.

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 22 Feb 2012, 5:21 pm

Good point. I hope you are wrong but will admit im biased towards Macklin

Anyone know what Channel is it on then in the UK & EIRE by the way?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 22 Feb 2012, 5:25 pm

Channel 5?

Didn't Mick Hennessey book MSG for that night?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Wed 22 Feb 2012, 5:31 pm

If Macklin comes forward like a madman ready to brawl, he'll get sparked out mark my words.

If he keeps tight guard and concentrates on his right straight consistantly, left hook combos to the body and head and step away after he throws, he's got a verrrrrrrrry good chance.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Wed 22 Feb 2012, 5:31 pm

I expect a valiant performance from Macklin, but Sergio is just too slick and mobile in my opinion. While Macklin is solid, it's such a shame that Martinez can't get a higher profile fight. He deserves one.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed 22 Feb 2012, 5:32 pm

I dont fancy Macklins chances in this. I think he could start well and pick up some early rounds on workrate and hustle but I expect Martinez class to take over and given that the Irishman is not the hardest to hit I would probably go with a stoppage win for Martinez.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 22 Feb 2012, 5:42 pm

Union Cane wrote:Channel 5?

Great one cheers...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 22 Feb 2012, 5:46 pm

Steffan wrote:

Great one cheers...

Goodbye Steffan.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Wed 22 Feb 2012, 5:48 pm

Union Cane wrote:
Steffan wrote:

Great one cheers...

Goodbye Steffan.

Eh? What's that about?

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 22 Feb 2012, 5:57 pm

School Project wrote:
Union Cane wrote:
Steffan wrote:

Great one cheers...

Goodbye Steffan.

Eh? What's that about?
Not sure Headscratch

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 22 Feb 2012, 6:24 pm

Union Cane wrote:
Steffan wrote:

Great one cheers...

Goodbye Steffan.

Headscratch

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 22 Feb 2012, 6:28 pm

I reckon Maclin will come out like a madman and work Sergio's body. I#m not sold on sergio, but he is a notch above Macklin so I predict a UD of about 2-3 rounds.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by steven24 Wed 22 Feb 2012, 8:26 pm

I think Macklin won the Sturm fight by at least 3 rounds and will lose here, hope he wins obviously but can't see it.

Last edited by steven24 on Wed 22 Feb 2012, 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

steven24

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 22 Feb 2012, 8:34 pm

Just checked and the fight is on Sky Sports 1 at Midnight on the Sunday the 18th. Hope Macklin wins since he was effectively robbed v Sturm.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed 22 Feb 2012, 8:35 pm

Martinez is far too fast and hits far too hard, I really give him no chance at all.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 22 Feb 2012, 8:36 pm

Duty281 wrote:the fight is on Sky Sports 1 at Midnight on the Sunday the 18th
Thanks for doing what Union Cane was clearly incapable of OK

Lets hope Macklin can pull off a great victory

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by steven24 Wed 22 Feb 2012, 9:07 pm

Steffan wrote:

Finally a fight not on Box Nation lol!

steven24

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 22 Feb 2012, 9:13 pm

steven24 wrote:
Steffan wrote:

Finally a fight not on Box Nation lol!
Yeah a fight I can actually watch Laugh

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed 22 Feb 2012, 9:17 pm

Think this fight will go the same way as the Barker fight,Macklin doing ok for 4 or 5 rounds, then
Martinez taking over landing the heavier shots and winning in 10or11 rounds.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by steven24 Wed 22 Feb 2012, 10:01 pm

Nico the gman wrote:Think this fight will go the same way as the Barker fight,Macklin doing ok for 4 or 5 rounds, then
Martinez taking over landing the heavier shots and winning in 10or11 rounds.

Possibly, but i think the problem Martinez will have if he starts as slow as he did against Barker is that Macklin hits a lot harder, is bigger, and stronger, much stronger than Barker, Darren is a good fighter but vulnerable.

steven24

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 23 Feb 2012, 9:12 am

School Project wrote:
Union Cane wrote:
Steffan wrote:

Great one cheers...

Goodbye Steffan.

Eh? What's that about?

I was saying goodbye as I was going home.

Common decency.

I was referring to the fact that after the Pajkic fight Mr Hennessey said that he had booked Madison Square Garden on the 17th March for Tyson Fury's US debut against a big name. Who the big name may have been is not known. Firtha rematch? Jones Jr? Chambers? Would they have risked him in with Wilder? Anyway, it is all irrelevant now.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by steven24 Thu 23 Feb 2012, 10:02 am

Union Cane wrote:
School Project wrote:
Union Cane wrote:
Steffan wrote:

Great one cheers...

Goodbye Steffan.

Eh? What's that about?

I was saying goodbye as I was going home.

Common decency.

I was referring to the fact that after the Pajkic fight Mr Hennessey said that he had booked Madison Square Garden on the 17th March for Tyson Fury's US debut against a big name. Who the big name may have been is not known. Firtha rematch? Jones Jr? Chambers? Would they have risked him in with Wilder? Anyway, it is all irrelevant now.

Risked him with Wilder? Chisora is a much better fighter who Tyson schooled

steven24

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 23 Feb 2012, 10:17 am

Agreed, but Wilder is 6'7 and 20(20KO)-0-0

Exactly the sort of fighter that Tyson is "a level above, now that he has moved on now to bigger and better things."

Like Ol' Marty Rogan.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 23 Feb 2012, 10:47 am

BoxingFan88 wrote:Martinez is far too fast and hits far too hard, I really give him no chance at all.

I have to agree. If does come out at Sergio like he did against Sturm is going to be an early night

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Thu 23 Feb 2012, 11:41 am

Martinez has inherited Paul Williams status of being the boxer that nobody wants to face.

He'll be too sweet for Macklin to pin down. I wish Macklin all the best, but honestly he's gonna get made to look like an amateur. Barker did well, but they're different fighters.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Thu 23 Feb 2012, 11:42 am

steven24 wrote:Risked him with Wilder? Chisora is a much better fighter who Tyson schooled

Waingro.

That was a horrible fight. Neither schooled either. Tyson Fury won a horrible dull fight.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Thu 23 Feb 2012, 2:15 pm

Can Macklin do what Barker did and box cautiously behind a jab? If I were a betting man I would think he will charge at him aggressively and Martinez will take him out around the middle of the fight.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 23 Feb 2012, 2:20 pm

See this going the same way as the Dzinziruk fight.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Thu 23 Feb 2012, 10:20 pm

Seconded

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 23 Feb 2012, 11:36 pm

Dont see Macklin lasting the distance but Matthew (and Martinez to be fair) is a value for money fighter who always gives it his best, just think Sergio is too good, if he tears up a come forward fighter in Pavlik the way he did then I struggle to see Macklin doing any better...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Racer Fri 24 Feb 2012, 10:52 pm

Martinez will batter Macklin. Maravilla has too much power, speed and movement. More importantly Maravilla is vastly more skilled. KO inside 6

Demon Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by steven24 Fri 24 Feb 2012, 11:09 pm

Demon Racer wrote:Martinez will batter Macklin. Maravilla has too much power, speed and movement. More importantly Maravilla is vastly more skilled. KO inside 6

Whilst i couldn't disagree with regards to Martinez being faster and having more skill, i think Macklin's work rate and pressure will work for him, the Argie oozes class but he looked old against Barker imo.

steven24

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Racer Fri 24 Feb 2012, 11:14 pm

steven24 wrote:
Demon Racer wrote:Martinez will batter Macklin. Maravilla has too much power, speed and movement. More importantly Maravilla is vastly more skilled. KO inside 6

Whilst i couldn't disagree with regards to Martinez being faster and having more skill, i think Macklin's work rate and pressure will work for him, the Argie oozes class but he looked old against Barker imo.
Martinez said after the Barker fight he didn't train at 100%. He seems up for this fight, and he'll want to send JCCj another message!

Demon Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 25 Feb 2012, 12:40 am

Demon Racer wrote:Martinez said after the Barker fight he didn't train at 100%. He seems up for this fight, and he'll want to send JCCj another message!
Yes it was something on the lines of:

"Mi llamo Sergio. El no trainio Barker. El mucho trainio Macklin. Mi smash el Irishman y hablo el greasy gringo Chavez Jnr"

Hes a boy and half that Martinez fair do

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down