The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1st T20 Pakistan v England Thread

+11
Liam
eirebilly
Fists of Fury
hampo17
jbd349
trebellbobaggins
mystiroakey
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
wam
Mad for Chelsea
Duty281
15 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

1st T20 Pakistan v England Thread - Page 3 Empty 1st T20 Pakistan v England Thread

Post by Duty281 Thu 23 Feb 2012, 3:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

England: 1 Pietersen, 2 Kieswetter (wk), 3 Bopara, 4 Morgan, 5 Bairstow, 6 Buttler, 7 Patel, 8 Broad (capt), 9 Swann, 10 Dernbach, 11 Finn

Pakistan: 1 Mohammad Hafeez, 2 Awais Zia 3 Asad Shafiq, 4 Umar Akmal (wk), 5 Misbah-ul-Haq (capt), 6 Shahid Afridi, 7 Shoaib Malik, 8 Hammad Azam, 9 Umar Gul, 10 Saeed Ajmal, 11 Junaid Khan

England have won the toss and will FIELD first. Just checked the T20 Rankings and its 1 (England) v 7 (Pakistan). Come on England!

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

1st T20 Pakistan v England Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 1st T20 Pakistan v England Thread

Post by mystiroakey Thu 23 Feb 2012, 9:32 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:I have no doubt hes got some talent and is capable of miore than has been delivered so far, but the hype with both buttler and bairstow was that England kept losing ODIs because they werent picking these kind of players. Between them they have 113 runs in 16 international games, Its hardly awe inspiring from either, early days or not.
At least Luke Wright wasnt ginger

biscuit i think you need to look at how we did without them! we didnt do anything spectacular at all!

gotto try different things out, then hopefully have deffos in a year or twos time then be ready for the next WC.

we kept trying prior to no avail, kieswater is going the same route also!

its great that cook is in- that has solved a massive problem, but we still need to give the youngens games- we will need them.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

1st T20 Pakistan v England Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 1st T20 Pakistan v England Thread

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Thu 23 Feb 2012, 10:05 pm

mystiroakey wrote:

biscuit i think you need to look at how we did without them! we didnt do anything spectacular at all!

well we won the T20 world cup without them....

and the first 3 odis against pakistan

Look to make it clear Im not bashing them or rubbishing them or saying they should never have been tried out. What Im saying is that they arent the instant solution magic players some were making them out to be. So far they have been pretty useless in both formats. They are been given a chance, but are yet to take it. Bash Keiswetter all you like but hes done more with his chances than either of those have, and hasnt let England down with the gloves. Next to Tim Ambrose his record is good!

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 23 Feb 2012, 10:11 pm

anyone else on the horizon- would woakes be good enough as an allrounder or to take a batting position- on batting only merit!

remeber that game he closed out last year with teh bat- he had one game or something stupid and he closed the game out for us- why isnt he been given another chance!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Fri 24 Feb 2012, 6:17 am

Bit early to shoot Bairstow and Buttler isn't it?

Let's give them a few games to see how they go - not easy to walk in and smash bowlers like Gul and Ajmal around.

I never take much notice of hype , but will be interested to see if either or both can establish themselves in the limited overs set up.

Wonder if Hales will get a run in the next game?

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 24 Feb 2012, 7:21 am

This wee T20 series is all about trying out options. I agree with PSW that Bairstow and Butler have flattered to decieve but give them some chances. Its not as if this is a major event. T20, by nature, is hit and miss.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Fri 24 Feb 2012, 8:12 am

I know it was experimental yesterday but having a middle order of Bairstow and Butler, with the enigmatic pair of Bopara and Patel either side was always going to cause problems. We could have done with an experienced head in at number 6 yesterday and done without one of the new boys. It was too much to ask of both yesterday although it would have helped if Bopara didn't run right around a straight one from Gul.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3