The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golfing SUPER-POWERS

+11
golfermartin
navyblueshorts
Skydriver
Sand
McLaren
turnip
kwinigolfer
Tony B Liar
Bob_the_Job
Fader
barragan
15 posters

Go down

If you could have any of the following 'super-powers' to last the rest of your golfing life, what would you choose:

Golfing SUPER-POWERS Vote_lcap16%Golfing SUPER-POWERS Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 5 ]
Golfing SUPER-POWERS Vote_lcap42%Golfing SUPER-POWERS Vote_rcap 42% 
[ 13 ]
Golfing SUPER-POWERS Vote_lcap19%Golfing SUPER-POWERS Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 6 ]
Golfing SUPER-POWERS Vote_lcap23%Golfing SUPER-POWERS Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 31

Golfing SUPER-POWERS Empty Golfing SUPER-POWERS

Post by barragan Fri 24 Feb 2012, 11:59

Just for fun, to pass the time on this slow moovin Friday:

If you could have any of the following 'super-powers' to last the rest of your golfing life, what would you choose:

Despite hitting a long ball, you never miss a fairway from the tee ever again -

or

You never miss a Green in regulation from the fairway inside 200 yards again -

or

You will always get up-and-down from within 10 yards from the edge of the green -

or

You never miss a putt inside 6 feet ever again -

Any other super-powers you'd prefer?!!

barragan

Back to top Go down

Golfing SUPER-POWERS Empty Re: Golfing SUPER-POWERS

Post by Fader Fri 24 Feb 2012, 12:09

Got to be the 6 foot putt, because doesn't matter how long and straight you are or how many greens you hit is't those damned 6footers that'll get ya!

Fader

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Fri 24 Feb 2012, 12:12

Got to be "You never miss a Green in regulation from the fairway inside 200 yards again" - if I had that, I'd have at least 8 shots off my handicap
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Fri 24 Feb 2012, 12:16

Bob_the_Job wrote:Got to be "You never miss a Green in regulation from the fairway inside 200 yards again" - if I had that, I'd have at least 8 shots off my handicap

perhaps we ought to shave it down to 180 - what difference does that make?!

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony B Liar Fri 24 Feb 2012, 12:17

I'm gonna go with up and down within 10 yards. You'd have to be pretty bad if that does nt get you a bogey at worse.
Tony B Liar
Tony B Liar

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Fri 24 Feb 2012, 12:24

ban_bam wrote:
Bob_the_Job wrote:Got to be "You never miss a Green in regulation from the fairway inside 200 yards again" - if I had that, I'd have at least 8 shots off my handicap

perhaps we ought to shave it down to 180 - what difference does that make?!

That would only make it slightly less attractive as a super-power to me.. it's not until I'm about 140 out that I'm certain to hit the green most of the time, so something that would guarantee it even at 180 would be a boon
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Fri 24 Feb 2012, 12:28

toss up between 2 and 3 for me. added bonus with 3 is that you never make more than a 2 putt... that and you could urine about with some outrageous chipshots a la mickelson.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 24 Feb 2012, 12:32

I voted for 1). but only on the precept that I can hit a "long ball" as well as hitting the fairway. Two in one for moi.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by turnip Fri 24 Feb 2012, 13:19

Have to be #4 for me as the other three are the "fun" parts, missing inside 6 feet is just hear tearing most of the time. Still leaves you needing to get it that close on the long putts though.

turnip

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 24 Feb 2012, 13:38

Always a GIR from 200 yards out, the very worst score you could score would be level par. You could knock a long iron or 3 wood of almost any par 4 and still get a guaranteed GIR. Average two putts a hole and you would get level par.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Sand Fri 24 Feb 2012, 14:07

Id go GIR from 200 out. Should always score pretty well in that context id imagine.

Sand

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Fri 24 Feb 2012, 14:22

kwinigolfer wrote:I voted for 1). but only on the precept that I can hit a "long ball" as well as hitting the fairway. Two in one for moi.

As is quite often the case, I agree with our learned friend in Kwiniaska.

Also, I always seem to enjoy playing when my driving form is good (and vice versa), irrespective of the quality of the rest of my game / scoring. I play this game to have fun, ergo I want to drive consistently well. Am sure that sounds like I'm missing the point to some people, but that's my self-observation.

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 24 Feb 2012, 15:59

Good poll! Went for the guaranteed 6-footers but it was a close thing. Like the idea that I can guarantee a 2-putt from anywhere on the green if I can get the first within 6 feet; reckon I can almost always do that.
Reckon I can often chip to 6 foot so good for that too.
Hopefully my driving is OK and long irons don't miss by that much.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by golfermartin Fri 24 Feb 2012, 16:01

It was a toss up between the chipping and the putting, but I went for the chipping. Reckon I can get most chips close to 6 ft from the cup so if I could guarantee holing them all... Trouble with not missing a green is that you could still find yourself quite a long way from the hole and well within three putt range.

golfermartin

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Fri 24 Feb 2012, 17:43

McLaren wrote:Always a GIR from 200 yards out, the very worst score you could score would be level par. You could knock a long iron or 3 wood of almost any par 4 and still get a guaranteed GIR. Average two putts a hole and you would get level par.

Mac, That's not quite right. The choice is GIR from the fairway. If your driving is rubbish then this super power is of no help.

My vote goes to the long straight driving. Golf is a much easier game when played from the middle of the fairway.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by Caito Fri 24 Feb 2012, 18:13

My ego would probably go for the driving or ball striking but it's the up and down for me, knowing I would never skull another chip straight through the green to the rough on the far side would be fantastic!

Caito

Back to top Go down

Post by oldparwin Sat 25 Feb 2012, 21:34

I went for the short stick, would be nice to have a lot of confidence on the greens

oldparwin

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 27 Feb 2012, 20:30

gotto be driving in this case- garantee fairway(and long) will give you the biggest advantage- every other is relevant to the shot before - driving is the first shot.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 27 Feb 2012, 20:38

actually thinking about it again- the up and down is pretty special. because its a deffo end the hole.

However I reakon one of these super powers would be good enough to make many golfers a tour pro!

if you had the up and down ability you would almost aim to miss the green in pressure situations- that may affect you to much. if you 3 putted the hole by going for the green it could end you mentally- knowing that a worse iron shot would have got you a better result- therefore back to the original driving super power.

the problem with the inside 6 foot angle could also be that you miss way more long putts, you may get very lazy when it comes to reading greens- you may even rock up long putts thinking you have a garantee second putt in- it goes abit far and you miss a 7 footer!!- it could go against you under pressure.

The gir one is a good power- however does it garantee you on a green with a shot inside 200 yards with your second to a par 5!!! it also means you have to hit the fairway and within 200 yards on each and every par 4!!- i dont hit that many fiarways to start with!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down