The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Outstanding!

+7
Blueschief
mckay1402
iso
mystiroakey
TJ1
ultra
idris
11 posters

Go down

Can Wales beat Italy and France?

Outstanding! Vote_lcap67%Outstanding! Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 14 ]
Outstanding! Vote_lcap33%Outstanding! Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 21

Outstanding! Empty Outstanding!

Post by idris Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:48 pm

I would love to dig at HERSH right now, but England were outstanding and very unlucky. If Priestland's charged kick had lead to a try that would have been game set and match. Farrell was amazing considering his age and the magnitude of the match. England upped the intensity massively and players like Tuilagi delivered.

However credit must go to Wales for going to Twickenham and not conceding a try. Priestland made several mistakes, but Wales still won away at HQ which shows some real metal and mental toughness.

Wales came back in Dublin and survived with a 10 in the bin at HQ. This is a Wales I have never seen. If North had gone over in the first few minutes it could have been a lot different. For a game with one try it was very open and exciting.

England must take huge positives and stick with their new team and Wales now spur on to even greater things. Wales didn't play bad, Englands tactics were spot on for most of the match.

idris

Back to top Go down

Outstanding! Empty Re: Outstanding!

Post by ultra Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:05 pm

Now see....that's a fair summary. Well done wales.....really great game. the english shadow is looming over the horizon 'though. and to think, the welsh are actually a youbg team, just seemed so much more 'mature. today, but then again, i suppose they were facing the babies of the tournament Smile

ultra

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:10 pm

Ages actually very similar IIRC - just Wales have been capping folk so they have experience now whereas England have not

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:14 pm

you can deffo win/ thats a no brainer- will you beat france- dunno!! if its tught - can you pull off three tight wins away- hard ask dude, deffo possible though

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by iso Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:23 pm

TJ wrote:Ages actually very similar IIRC - just Wales have been capping folk so they have experience now whereas England have not

According to the telegraph stats add up the ages of the starting XV's and England were 64 days older.

Two very young sides.

Not often does a Wal-Eng clash fall into the category of 'classic six nations encounter', but this encounter was one of the most exciting I remember.

iso

Back to top Go down

Post by ultra Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:30 pm

It was....and you're right wales just seem more mature, but then again they've played together a heck of a lot longer. The major disparity in the ages in actually in the back row where england are a wadge older, the front row is much younger for england, the 2nd row much of a muchness.....whatever, well said, great game and two sides of the future!

ultra

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:35 pm

I think Wales underestimated England today and were close to a loss. I don't think they'll be allowed to make the same mistake again.
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueschief Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:25 pm

Rugby was the winner today.

Blueschief

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:38 pm

The difference between the teams was the respective bench players, the Welsh bench improved the team and with England it got worse e.g., Williams ripping the ball off second row hard man Lawes!

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:48 pm

Mckay: I don't think Wales underestimated England at all, I think they gave England too much respect, Wales played a forward game knowing England had a good defence hoping to wear England down. I think Wales knew B Morgan would only last 40 mins in a fast game as he is too fat and slow, the plan did work but it was too close for comfort having Preistland screwing everything up.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:53 am

I personaly thought that both side was equal to the other side, although Wales, in my opinion should of won with more points than they did.

I am English and i did support England, but Wales should of scored 2/3 trys in the first half, but you have to give credit to England doggid deffence for not allowing Wales to score those trys.

Both England and Wales are a young team with both teams having stars of the future coming through. Come the next World Cup if both teams can keep this style of play together, either team could be the next world champions. (Please note i did say could be)

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:03 am

Well done Wales. Earned the win at Twickenham. Well done to the majority of Welsh fans on here who predicted a close win. Happy with the English performance.
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:05 am

Well done Wales. Earned the win at Twickenham. Well done to the majority of Welsh fans on here who predicted a close win. Happy with the English performance.
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by doctornickolas Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:31 am

I think Wales were just not clinical enough today.

In the first half Wales had destroyed Englands scrum on their line twice, and conceded 2 penalties. So why did we not go for it again and try and get a try or penalty try? Instead Halfpenny kicked and missed and we are back to halfway. We should have just gone for the jugular at that point.

There was also Norths break and a superb tap tackle by Strettle otherwise I think Foden was going home in an ambulance.

Scott Williams first break where he had a 2 man overlap, again poor execution and should have been a try.

I think there is 3 tries gone begging there where if we were more clinical we could have romped it.

Priestland had a shocker. I thought the yellow was harsh as England committed numerous fouls including taking a lineout jumper out and received nothing at all.

And finally, was it a try at the end. I have to say no. I watched it over and over and at no point was his had on top of the ball putting downward pressure. It was never grounded so I thought it was the only decision he TMO could give.

Overall that was a really tough fixture that could have gone either way.

As soon as England named this team it had a much more solid feel about it than the first 2 games plus of course the playing at home factor makes a big difference.

doctornickolas

Back to top Go down

Post by idris Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:33 am

Who cares about clinical?! Wales still won.

For Wales, winning at Twickenham is almost an impossible feat so who cares if it was close or Priestland was a bit below par?

This is the kind of result that will spur Wales on to magical things.

Wales were terrible in the first half in Twickenham 08 and Paris 05, but scraping wins there changed everything...

idris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down