The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This 'Breed'.....

+4
Don Caboose
MIG
bretmeharty
Beer
8 posters

Go down

This 'Breed'..... Empty This 'Breed'.....

Post by Beer Tue 28 Feb 2012, 10:13 pm

So, this week on RAW Jericho mentioned the fact he was part of a dying breed.

This falls in line with what HHH and Taker have been bantering about, and Rock also mentioned it during his promo.

Seems to me they are really trying to get over the fact that the 'old guard' are coming to the end and the new generation are coming through.

My biggest concern is that in trying to emphasise this dying breed they only seem to be succeeding in burying the new talent? This has got me thinking of what could've happened with The Nexus? Wouldn't this of been the perfect opportunity to elevate them? With guys like Rock, HHH, Taker and Jericho running them down, wouldn't The Nexus; albeit with a different cast have been the perfect foil to make a statement?

In turn this got me thinking to how things currently stand. Look at the scenarios going on around.....

Cena and Rock are going at it, with Cena apparently representing the locker room.

HHH and Jericho burying the new generation, claiming they are a dying breed.

HBK and Taker basically backing up their comments.

Cody embarassing Big Show.

Kane destroying Ziggler, Swagger, Truth etc.

Miz unhappy about being pushed out.

So it got me thinking..... what if..... what if at the end of Wrestlemania we didn't get the heel turn we all dream of? What if we didn't get the lame ass handshake? What if instead we had the new breed make a statement? What if the streak match became overrun with the new generation? What if Cena and Rock became a battleground for the old v new?

What if things in the WWE are really changing?

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

This 'Breed'..... Empty Re: This 'Breed'.....

Post by Beer Tue 28 Feb 2012, 10:33 pm

Let me elaborate.

But what if the plan isn't for Rock v Cena to be a best of 3? What if all this talk of WM29 is actually the plan for Rock v Cena? If WM28 went off the air with guys like Ziggler, Rhodes, Swagger, Miz etc stealing the headlines, and that our last vision of WM is them stood in the ring?

It could set the build up for Summerslam perfectly....

Past v Present v Future

HHH, Taker, Rock, Jericho, Kane v Punk, Cena, Henry, Sheamus, Christian v Ziggler, Swagger, Rhodes, Miz, Barrett

It could open up a whole world of new feuds, and not only that, it would merge the 2 brands. Create a host of new stars without the same boring process of creating one every 6 months and then dropping them in favour of the old guard.

It would finally give guys like HHH, Show, Kane, Jericho, Rock the chance to leave the business whilst finally giving something back. Finally giving not one, but a number of people that final break.

And imagine what it would do for all those people in FCW? Finally give them hope that they could break through the glass ceiling and hit the big time. We could finally find a new Rock or Austin or Cena without heavily diluting the product to save face?!

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Tue 28 Feb 2012, 11:14 pm

If, and what you have said is a big if, but if WM ended with Barrett, Ziggler, Miz, Rhodes etc with their arms aloft and making a statement that would be imo a great start to something that could be massive, but the amount of times wwe have had something in the palm of their hands and then f#%k it up or in punks case almost f#%k it up, and so that would give me little faith on where they could take it.

But to be honest i cant see wwe tainting the finish of and i quote "the biggest match ever" with that kind of finish.

For me this could of been the time and event to make new names, you could of built wm around the theme of old vs new you've got rock hhh y2j and taker who could of gone up against Barrett Rhodes punk miz and over night make them in to legit stars but instead yuo have taker vs hhh in the most pointless match ever.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Wed 29 Feb 2012, 11:52 am

I really like this idea. Maybe you still COULD have the Cena heel turn though. Then rather than steal the spotlight from the end of the biggest match (and Cena's heel turn) with this idea, maybe it could evolve on the following nights Raw with Cody, Ziggler, Barrett etc all coming out and supporting Cena.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Caboose Wed 29 Feb 2012, 12:09 pm

Its a bad idea, because as we've all seen from the last few months, the older stars are still the most over and loved. Just like WCW with the New Blood angle, you risk making all your new stars Heels.

Don Caboose

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 29 Feb 2012, 12:28 pm

But surely that's better? The best faces have always come from playing heels with only a few real exceptions!

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Caboose Wed 29 Feb 2012, 12:40 pm

Not really, the best faces come along when fans care about what they are fighting for.

Don Caboose

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 29 Feb 2012, 4:53 pm

Care to give an example?

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Caboose Wed 29 Feb 2012, 10:22 pm

King Beer wrote:Care to give an example?

Well CM Punk is your current example if you want one.

Don Caboose

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 29 Feb 2012, 11:02 pm

Don Caboose wrote:

Heel for years and then snapped.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Wed 29 Feb 2012, 11:15 pm

I stated just after last years Mania when they announced Rock v Cena that I hoped they went with a passing of the torch theme to this years.
I'd have liked to have seen...

Cena v Rock
Punk v Austin
Jericho v Ziggler
Taker v Sheamus
HHH v Barrett
Edge & Christian v Miz & Rhodes
Foley v Orton
Angle v Bryan

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed 29 Feb 2012, 11:23 pm

like them all apart from
Taker v Sheamus

just dont think this would work very well thats all

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 29 Feb 2012, 11:37 pm

If booked correctly it would!

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Caboose Thu 01 Mar 2012, 9:05 am

King Beer wrote:
Don Caboose wrote:

Heel for years and then snapped.

His popularity had nothing to do with him being Heel. In fact prior to breaking out, the dude was coming off his worst year in the WWE.

He spoke the truth in that promo, people cared about what he said, he became the hottest face in the company.

Don Caboose

Back to top Go down

Post by Madrox Thu 01 Mar 2012, 3:28 pm

Unfortunately WWE wont go with something as risky as this but if they did, they'd have my hard earned coinage in the coffers. Sounds immense.

Madrox

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 01 Mar 2012, 5:42 pm

I love the idea of the new generation ruining the cena rock match. As you said Cena can still turn heel. They attack Rock there about to attack Cena where he smiles and joins in with them. Rock taken off screen for a while. Summerslam teams with HHH and Jericho maybe Christian aswell. The Rock vs John Cena wrestle mania 29

It could work but only if the WWE dont screw it up. They would never do it though Sad

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down