The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game going bust?

+7
AlexHuckerby
Derbyblue
sodhat
compelling and rich
Dass
cherriesfna
hampo17
11 posters

Go down

Game going bust? Empty Game going bust?

Post by hampo17 Wed 29 Feb 2012, 1:41 pm

They've announced today that after SSX they will no longer be stocking EA games, which means anyone who had preordered Mass Effect 3 from there has to now go elsewhere, this also applies to Gamestation who are owned by the same company.

If you've got any instore credit or reward points with them now's the time to cash in, I've just picked Mass Effect 1&2 up for £11 on PC.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Game going bust? Empty Re: Game going bust?

Post by cherriesfna Wed 29 Feb 2012, 2:07 pm

good news for play and amazon then
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Wed 29 Feb 2012, 2:08 pm

No suprise since they have been having problems for years now, there main problem for me is a poor business model from the start. Anyway without EA unless they drastically change how they operate then thats it for them, it's just a matter of time.

The arrival of Steam (Valve) and now Origin (EA) signalled the end and I can see why EA have decided to reject the offer made by Game to all it's suppliers.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Thu 01 Mar 2012, 2:14 pm

cant remember the last game i bought instore, got skyrim online from gamestation (only becasue it was 27 quid and had only recently came out). other than that always get games from sites like play and amazon, simply because you can get them much cheaper

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu 01 Mar 2012, 4:40 pm

compelling and rich wrote:cant remember the last game i bought instore, got skyrim online from gamestation (only becasue it was 27 quid and had only recently came out). other than that always get games from sites like play and amazon, simply because you can get them much cheaper

Have you tried shopto? Usually cheaper than anywhere else.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 01 Mar 2012, 4:41 pm

Though I usually buy games from Play or somewhere similar...if Game goes, where will I be able to buy them from if I want them that same day?

HMV are going to the wall too!

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Thu 01 Mar 2012, 5:04 pm

sodhat wrote:Though I usually buy games from Play or somewhere similar...if Game goes, where will I be able to buy them from if I want them that same day?

Supermarkets, will pretty much be the only option if/when HMV goes. Wonder what the loss of Game and Gamestation will do to the second hand market will it annoy people having to give ebay a portion of your money instead of just getting discount off your latest purchase?

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Thu 01 Mar 2012, 6:24 pm

sodhat wrote:Though I usually buy games from Play or somewhere similar...if Game goes, where will I be able to buy them from if I want them that same day?

amazon if u preorderthem, also if its a game e.g madden that is reelaesed in teh stetes eariler than UK u usually get it a day early Smile
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 04 Mar 2012, 6:45 pm

I usually get mine from Blockbusters, just waiting for them to go bust as well!!!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by randy-poffo Sun 04 Mar 2012, 7:48 pm

Could it give some inderpendant shops a chance to open up, I miss the days of being able to go into a shop and speak to people who know what they are talking about.

randy-poffo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Sun 04 Mar 2012, 7:54 pm

There's definitely a market for a gaming store on the high street they just need to be run correctly and bring some great service to the table. Sadly game rarely did any of that and refused to adapt over the years resulting in what's happening now.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Sun 04 Mar 2012, 8:16 pm

I think the issue is that online shopping has now taken over. What high street stores like HMV and Game should be doing is making those online offers available for pick up in store. It would allow people who don't want to wait 3 working days to get the games same day and also offer up other sales opportunities, those going in to pick something up may by an additional film/game/accessory.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Thu 08 Mar 2012, 1:06 pm

Went out at lunch time to trade-in a few games for the new Mario Party. Game were only stocking pre-orders. Now is it just me or does that just deeat the whole purpose of high street shops? I could just pre-order online and have it delivered to my door. And why aren't they stocking a few for impulse buyers? It's not like it'll be out of date in a few days. And neither do they have it on their website.

Added to that the guy on the till told me to try Tesco or HMV! What sort of way is that to run a business? Not a bit of wonder they're going bust.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Thu 08 Mar 2012, 3:00 pm

Bring back Electronics Boutique.

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down