The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tyson Fury - It's KLIT or bust!!!

+14
Rodney
TheMackemMawler
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
azania
Lance
Mind the windows Tino.
paperbag_puncher
superflyweight
Soldier_Of_Fortune
SharkSoul
AlexHuckerby
Union Cane
Seanusarrilius
TRUSSMAN66
18 posters

Go down

Tyson Fury - It's KLIT or bust!!! Empty Tyson Fury - It's KLIT or bust!!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu May 31, 2012 12:15 am

Price because of his better Pr machine has succesfully succeeded in painting Fury as a ducker!!!.....True or false perception is everything!!!

Fury is kind of mocked on 606 and not really taken that seriously.....however......A Klit fight could pay huge dividends for the big guy as...

1. It's a heck of a payday and should he lose it's not really a career-harming defeat!!!
2. It's a way of restoring his reputation..
3. The Klits are getting old and have never fought anybody with his height, size, reach and relative youth..Sooner or later they will go to the well and it will run dry!!
4. It's an attainable fight...
5. Gets him out there!!!

He has nothing to lose...Price is talked about as the heir apparent....A Klit win or defeat gets him exposure.... and a win.....

Well he becomes top draw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go for it Fury.It's the smart move!!!

It's the only way he can really get ahead of Price in the exposure stakes......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Tyson Fury - It's KLIT or bust!!! Empty Re: Tyson Fury - It's KLIT or bust!!!

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu May 31, 2012 12:17 am

Agree. Nothing to be lost in losing to a Klit (double neg, I know) unless it's a career ending defeat in the physical sense. Be weird seeing that on Channel 5 though.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu May 31, 2012 12:18 am

I have to agree, a loss wouldn't do any real harm unless of course he's blitzed in a round but with his physical advantages I can't see that happening.

One potential stumbling block though Truss, would either Klitschko agree to fight on Channel 5?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu May 31, 2012 12:19 am

Great minds and all that....
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu May 31, 2012 12:20 am

The one thing he will lose is the magic of the '0. Would perhaps also say the lad, like Price, is entitled to take on EU Level opposition before, to ready himself further. Jumping from a bit of a washed up Rogan to a Klitschko is, in my view too much of a jump.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by SharkSoul Thu May 31, 2012 12:21 am

The only problem with going for broke at such an early stage of his career is that where do you go after defeat to a K bro? You then know that you aren't going to topple the elite so you end up hovering around the middle of the pack.

I don't think it would be a good option for either Fury/Price to take a K Bro fight right now. Even if you did target the weaker of the two Wlad will only want to 'avenge his brothers loss' (If that happened I might add) and then you are in trouble.

Plus promoters want to protect 'Cash Cows' nowadays.

Personally I would see Fury losing to both K Bros so protect that '0' for aslong as he can. He will get found out soon enough.

SharkSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu May 31, 2012 12:25 am

Union Cane wrote:I have to agree, a loss wouldn't do any real harm unless of course he's blitzed in a round but with his physical advantages I can't see that happening.

One potential stumbling block though Truss, would either Klitschko agree to fight on Channel 5?

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

We all know he doesnt want to stir things up on Channel 5!

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu May 31, 2012 12:38 am

I'm sure the channel 5 deal can be easily brushed away..........Spinks got out of the HBo contract..

Where does he go after a Klit defeat?????

Well he waits for them to retire most probably and waits for a big showdown with Price who no doubt will clean up after the brothers grimm...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu May 31, 2012 12:39 am

alma wrote:By the way 'Klit or bust' is a slightly dubious title.....

Outstanding!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu May 31, 2012 12:41 am

Union Cane wrote:Great minds and all that....

Like our Froch bet Smile

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Thu May 31, 2012 12:46 am

alma wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
alma wrote:By the way 'Klit or bust' is a slightly dubious title.....

Outstanding!

Glad someone got it.....

That's what she said... Run

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu May 31, 2012 12:49 am

Seanusarrilius wrote:

Like our Froch bet Smile

I spent my winnings on 6 months car tax.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu May 31, 2012 12:53 am

I bet you're the life and soul of any party.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Thu May 31, 2012 5:35 am

problem is with the younger heavies... if they lose to a klit and then go on to become a world champion further down the line after the bros have retired, then it takes away a lot of their marketability. they will always be labelled the best since... vitali has had this problem in america even though a lot of people want to believe he was beating lewis

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu May 31, 2012 5:36 am

Union Cane wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:

Like our Froch bet Smile

I spent my winnings on 6 months car tax.

Nice!

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu May 31, 2012 5:36 am

Lance wrote:problem is with the younger heavies... if they lose to a klit and then go on to become a world champion further down the line after the bros have retired, then it takes away a lot of their marketability. they will always be labelled the best since... vitali has had this problem in america even though a lot of people want to believe he was beating lewis

He was.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu May 31, 2012 5:53 am

Lance wrote:problem is with the younger heavies... if they lose to a klit and then go on to become a world champion further down the line after the bros have retired, then it takes away a lot of their marketability. they will always be labelled the best since... vitali has had this problem in america even though a lot of people want to believe he was beating lewis

Would agree with this, no one will believe they were better than what was before them and takes away there shine... Not that many of us believe Fury will be better than the KBros.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu May 31, 2012 6:07 am

Fury needs to get a trainer and stick with him for a while before thinking of challenging the brothers. He hasn't improved much since moving to channel 5. I think this is down to the fact he hasn't had a steady trainer.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Thu May 31, 2012 6:19 am

A zero means nothing to anyone that knows anything these days. The only people that have a legitimate excuse to remain unbeaten are Mayweather, Rigondeaux, and Gamboa. Everyone else's record is a product of careful match making. It's annoying that the general public actually believe unbeaten fighters are unbeaten because they are unbeatable!!?? Fury should fight Price.End Of. Actually all boxers should fight who the public wants. Imagine that, a democratic boxing society where each fight is based on a public referendum. HEAVEN!!!

They'd even make money on the phone in vote like X-factor!!
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Thu May 31, 2012 6:37 am

Hi Truss, hope you're well mate.

I can see where you going with this one but I'm not so sure I'd be happy with it if I were part of Fury's team. I don't know if he ducked Price or not, but I'd like to see Fury take on a top 15-10 name, Adamek would be a smart choice, relatively small in stature and beatable. Chris Arreola would be a learning curve or even Michael Grant someone a name boxing fans recognise.

I really don't know how good Fury is, I can see your point but Ive seen young fighters ruined taking a shot this early.

I think it was Cus D Amato who put his young fighter in with someone knowing he'd lose against realising he would learn more in defeat, so maybes it would be a smart move.

All the best

Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu May 31, 2012 6:46 am

Hi Rod good to see you..

I don't think he will take on a top contender....as there is no point...

Doesn't have to to get a shot... so why risk it..

Also think he's as good as he'll ever be so why waste time...

A loss was the making of Nelson, Tunney etc so it works both ways...chances are he won't get too damaged!!!

ONETWO...The day I need to plagiarise is you is the day I'll turn it in..

Go away!!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu May 31, 2012 6:50 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:ONETWO...The day I need to plagiarise is you is the day I'll turn it in..
Plagiarise is you? Headscratch

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu May 31, 2012 6:53 am

Am conflicted of me with this part of me thinks what they heck why not but that is because I do not particularly rate Fury and so don't think he is ever likely to amount to much so if you're going to get a slap do it with something on the table and a decent purse rather than against a domestic guy for peanuts, add into that the fact he is young enough to come again and guess it makes sense.

However his camp cannot have the mentality he is not going to get anywhere they have to assume he will improve and he is young enough to do so, also am no fan of putting young fighters in solely for a payday, a calculated risk to learn something yes but a one sided slapping for a reason, no, and be under no illusions Fury against either brother is a slapping if it happens now. You also have to consider the talent pool outside of the brothers is pretty slim, if Fury can stay out of danger for a couple of years, depressing though it is he could be right place right time when they retire.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu May 31, 2012 7:11 am

I'll ignore the village idiot..

Thing is Rowley the Klits are getting older and slower..

Fact is even Fury might be quicker and able to Bugner-his-way to a points win!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Thu May 31, 2012 7:18 am

TheMackemMawler wrote:A zero means nothing to anyone that knows anything these days. The only people that have a legitimate excuse to remain unbeaten are Mayweather, Rigondeaux, and Gamboa. Everyone else's record is a product of careful match making. It's annoying that the general public actually believe unbeaten fighters are unbeaten because they are unbeatable!!?? Fury should fight Price.End Of. Actually all boxers should fight who the public wants. Imagine that, a democratic boxing society where each fight is based on a public referendum. HEAVEN!!!

how about ward?

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Thu May 31, 2012 7:34 am

Lance wrote:
TheMackemMawler wrote:A zero means nothing to anyone that knows anything these days. The only people that have a legitimate excuse to remain unbeaten are Mayweather, Rigondeaux, and Gamboa. Everyone else's record is a product of careful match making. It's annoying that the general public actually believe unbeaten fighters are unbeaten because they are unbeatable!!?? Fury should fight Price.End Of. Actually all boxers should fight who the public wants. Imagine that, a democratic boxing society where each fight is based on a public referendum. HEAVEN!!!

how about ward?

and ward
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu May 31, 2012 8:50 am

You're right that the 0 has seemed to have lost it's magic these days....

Think the public have cottoned on to the fact that fighters are very protected..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Thu May 31, 2012 10:22 am

TheMackemMawler wrote:
Lance wrote:

how about ward?

and ward

And Bradley

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Thu May 31, 2012 11:26 am

It depends on what he wants to achieve Truss, I fully agree with all of your reasons for fighting a Klitchko, but if he really wants to be a success then for my money he needs to improve his technique and fitness, and gain experience before he challenges not after. That's why I'm such a believer in the progressive route to world level- win the londsdale belt outright, then Euro, defend it a few times, fight a couple of top 10 ers then challenge. If Fury followed that path successfully then he would have the basis a decent career. To win then, give up the british tile to avoid tricky defences, then get splattered by a dominant champ is not my idea of laying the foundations for a successful career as a world class operator

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down