The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fury v Klit - Compubox highlights the mediocrity.....

+21
hazharrison
kingraf
huw
Kareem61
catchweight
BoxingFan88
Nico the gman
RanjitPatel
Mr Bounce
Atila
Rowley
TopHat24/7
Steffan
ShahenshahG
Hammersmith harrier
Adam D
LivinginItaly
Coxy001
shenglong2015
AdamT
TRUSSMAN66
25 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Fury v Klit - Compubox highlights the mediocrity..... Empty Fury v Klit - Compubox highlights the mediocrity.....

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 17 Feb 2016, 11:37 am

Don't buy into this new Tyson fury......If you rated him before Wlad or didn't rate him....You should hold the same opinion....

Fury 381 punches.............landed "86"..............Landed seven punches a round...

Klit 231 punches..............landed "52"............Landed under 5 punches a round...(Threw less than 20 punches a round!!)

Fury success rate 22.5% .......Waste of space-Wlad success rate....22.5%

Take you back to a fight between Tubbs v witherspoon for the WBA (Yep it's the 80s).....who were derided as over weight slobs......

Over 15 rounds........

Tubbs 486...........landed 185..........That's 38% success rate...

Witherspoon 610..........landed 264.......That's 43%....

Both had higher workrates on average than Fury even though they went 3 rounds longer (Much higher workrate in Tim's case).... and both were more accurate against more technically gifted opposition....

Stats don't tell us everything.......But they point us in certain directions.......

This one is pointing to how mediocre Wlad and Fury were/are..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Fury v Klit - Compubox highlights the mediocrity..... Empty Re: Fury v Klit - Compubox highlights the mediocrity.....

Post by AdamT Wed 17 Feb 2016, 11:39 am

Great article Truss! Original!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Fury v Klit - Compubox highlights the mediocrity..... Empty Re: Fury v Klit - Compubox highlights the mediocrity.....

Post by AdamT Wed 17 Feb 2016, 11:44 am

To be fair the stats are awful, but that is down to Wlad being reluctant.

Fury did what he had to do.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Wed 17 Feb 2016, 11:51 am

Watched it again (I know glutton for punishment - once was enough!)

But felt I had to watch it again, given the original fight was on my wedding night, and we watched it in the lounge of the venue for my wedding! We were all a little tipsy! lol

Boring drab fight with few moments of success for either man, still unsure if Fury had the right tactics or Wlad had a poor night.....

But one thing that did strike me was the 12th round, Wlad had him in all sorts of trouble, and if the fight had went on another minute I think Fury was going....

It was all too little too late, and I think Fury edged it.

But with the potential rematch I think Wlad will come out to fight the full fight like he did the 12th of the last and may take Fury out this time round.

I believe Wlad is one of the few HW fighters that will be intelligent enough to learn from mistakes and adapt, and I think he just worked out Fury too late on last time out.

The same mistakes will not be made if the May rematch goes ahead.

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Wed 17 Feb 2016, 12:53 pm

Shove the 80s up your arse.

Regards

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by LivinginItaly Wed 17 Feb 2016, 12:57 pm

I would suggest it was more a case of vlad having nothing to lose in the 12th round as Jew knew he was behind and so had to go for it. In a rematch i think vlad would start just as cautiously, as he is scared of getting hit. If he had gone for it earlier he might have take fury out. But he didn't. To quote mike tyson everybody has a plan until they get hit in the face.

LivinginItaly

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 17 Feb 2016, 12:59 pm

Tyson is the greatest heavyweight ever. Look what he did to Tony Tubbs.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 17 Feb 2016, 1:01 pm

Coxy001 wrote:Shove the 80s up your arse.

Regards

Pathetic...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 17 Feb 2016, 1:03 pm

LivinginItaly wrote:I would suggest it was more a case of vlad having nothing to lose in the 12th round as Jew knew he was behind and so had to go for it. In a rematch i think vlad would start just as cautiously, as he is scared of getting hit. If he had gone for it earlier he might have take fury out. But he didn't. To quote mike tyson everybody has a plan until they get hit in the face.

I agree there isn't much cure for being scared of leather..

Fury by wider decision.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 17 Feb 2016, 1:12 pm

Regards

Shocked

laughing

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Wed 17 Feb 2016, 1:12 pm

LivinginItaly wrote:I would suggest it was more a case of vlad having nothing to lose in the 12th round as Jew knew he was behind and so had to go for it. In a rematch i think vlad would start just as cautiously, as he is scared of getting hit. If he had gone for it earlier he might have take fury out. But he didn't. To quote mike tyson everybody has a plan until they get hit in the face.

So you think if he had gone for the fight earlier he may have taken Fury out.

However Wlad will not do this in the rematch because??

Because you are the boxing oracle and a man that has been HW champion for 11 years will not have worked this out however "Livinginitaly" on Boxing 606v2 has worked this out...you truly are the boxing God.

Make sure you don't give too much of your knowledge away so cheaply.....

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 17 Feb 2016, 1:14 pm

AdamT wrote:

Regards

Shocked

laughing

Go away as well...You're pitiful

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 17 Feb 2016, 1:15 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
AdamT wrote:

Regards

Shocked

laughing

Go away as well...You're pitiful

ouch!!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 17 Feb 2016, 1:17 pm

You do know, nobody has out boxed Fury. Not an attempt at a windup. A true statement.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 17 Feb 2016, 1:19 pm

Moving on...

Both these guys will have different mentalities than the first fight..

Fury will be on cloud 9 and Wlad will have even less confidence..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Wed 17 Feb 2016, 1:19 pm

AdamT wrote:You do know, nobody has out boxed Fury. Not an attempt at a windup. A true statement.

Fat John McDermott did in their first fight.... massive robbery.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 17 Feb 2016, 1:21 pm

Trolls embarrassing themselves...But lacking the intellect to know it..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 17 Feb 2016, 1:22 pm

Regards
this is not acceptable behaviour so I am issuing you with a warning about your repeated behaviour.

For all of his faults, Truss comes up with interesting articles that generate debate. Like him or hate him, he will offer something for people to discuss. As far as I have seen, this is the first time I have seen the stats discussed, so is a perfectly legit topic.

Your response is not.

Everyone can dislike other posters and certain topics, however this post is a typical response towards this poster. And your posting history shows that it's a common occurrence. So like the time that truss was banned for arguing with another poster ad Infiniti, we told him to foe that poster. I am now giving you the same ultimatum. Either respond in a reasonable manner to his posts or for him.

Any more unprovoked aggression from either side will result in bans.

Have a nice day.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 17 Feb 2016, 1:23 pm

Fair enough I will foe him. Fed up with his rubbish anyway.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 17 Feb 2016, 1:26 pm

I told you to ban me If one remembers correctly......But I concur with your statement..

Too much trolling on here..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 17 Feb 2016, 1:27 pm

AdamT wrote:Fair enough I will foe him. Fed up with his rubbish anyway.

Spoilt my day that has.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 17 Feb 2016, 1:28 pm

Coxy001 wrote:
AdamT wrote:You do know, nobody has out boxed Fury. Not an attempt at a windup. A true statement.

Ouch.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 17 Feb 2016, 1:29 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:

Ouch.

I actually forgot about that fight! Classic!!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 17 Feb 2016, 1:32 pm

Probably because Fury isn't Asian...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 17 Feb 2016, 1:34 pm

Mods that is twice the fake American has branded I hate Asians. Please do something. Thanks.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 17 Feb 2016, 1:36 pm

Adam I was only seeing if you had foed me..I guess you wouldn't. .

I retract the statement...Let's move on..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Wed 17 Feb 2016, 1:44 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Moving on...

Both these guys will have different mentalities than the first fight..

Fury will be on cloud 9 and Wlad will have even less confidence..

That's your opinion.

Fury could be going through another bout of depression and Wlad could be more determined than ever to prove his doubters wrong......

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 17 Feb 2016, 1:44 pm

It is my opinion...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Wed 17 Feb 2016, 1:47 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:It is my opinion...

Yes it is.

Just comes across as rather matter of fact at times.

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Wed 17 Feb 2016, 1:48 pm

Been a while since I had the red pen thrown at me. clap spank me clap

And moving on.

Two of the worst HW champs in recent living memory. One spent most of his time having some sort of upper body twitch/spasm/fit, the other seemed completely at a loss on what to do... punch him or back off every time the crazed twitching nutcase came within 5ft of him.

Part of me wants to see AJ put Fury in to row 10, the other part of me realises for that to happen Fury would have to beat Wlad again (unless he takes on Wilder). And I'm not sure I can bring myself to support Fury.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Wed 17 Feb 2016, 1:49 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:It is my opinion...

Usually you just post "go away" when someone disagrees with it.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Wed 17 Feb 2016, 1:51 pm

Coxy001 wrote:Been a while since I had the red pen thrown at me. clap spank me clap

And moving on.

Two of the worst HW champs in recent living memory. One spent most of his time having some sort of upper body twitch/spasm/fit, the other seemed completely at a loss on what to do... punch him or back off every time the crazed twitching nutcase came within 5ft of him.

Part of me wants to see AJ put Fury in to row 10, the other part of me realises for that to happen Fury would have to beat Wlad again (unless he takes on Wilder). And I'm not sure I can bring myself to support Fury.  

I have to agree this is exactly how I seen it also (until the 12th)

I tell you who lost, we the fans.

He was a twitching nutcase and was rattling about like a vibrator in a biscuit tin, looked so awkward and I was actually embarrassed at times, it was a bad advertisement for boxing.

Just hoping the rematch that Wlad has sussed him out and bingos him and Peter Griffin pops up at the corner of the screen and goes "POW RIGHT ON THE KISSER!"

Only me? Ah well.....

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Wed 17 Feb 2016, 1:54 pm

shenglong2015 wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:Been a while since I had the red pen thrown at me. clap spank me clap

And moving on.

He was a twitching nutcase and was rattling about like a vibrator in a biscuit tin, looked so awkward and I was actually embarrassed at times, it was a bad advertisement for boxing.

Just hoping the rematch that Wlad has sussed him out and bingos him and Peter Griffin pops up at the corner of the screen and goes "POW RIGHT ON THE KISSER!"

Only me? Ah well.....

For the first time in what feels like years I agree. And it made me chuckle.

Someone wash me, I feel dirty.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 17 Feb 2016, 2:09 pm

shenglong2015 wrote:

Because you are the boxing oracle and a man that has been HW champion for 11 years will not have worked this out however "Livinginitaly" on Boxing 606v2 has worked this out...you truly are the boxing God.

No need for that. That was fair comment and even though I think he is wrong there's nothing there that can't be backed up to varying degrees. I reckon Wlad just got confused at the way Fury conducted the fight and spent all his time trying to outbox fury. Like when an amateur chess player beats a master because the latter is seeing game plans where there are none. Expect Wlad to muller him the rematch.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 17 Feb 2016, 2:11 pm

You know what Truss forget about it. You don't know me, so it is very childish (even more so than usual) for me to throw a strop. If I can't handle the heat, I'll stay out of the kitchen.

It's all good. I will put my swastika away from now on. thumbsup

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 17 Feb 2016, 2:14 pm

I think Wlad will do better in the rematch but we should not underestimate Fury's ability to come in with another gameplan. I also think this rematch could be a lot better spectacle. I am hoping so anyway

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Wed 17 Feb 2016, 2:32 pm

Coxy001 wrote:
shenglong2015 wrote:

And moving on.

Only me? Ah well.....

For the first time in what feels like years I agree. And it made me chuckle.

Someone wash me, I feel dirty.

Its okay to agree with the Sheng, you'll find if you look past the propaganda against me I have some enviable knowledge, and valid points on our much loved boxing.

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 17 Feb 2016, 2:38 pm

shenglong2015 wrote:

Childish response.

He's spouting no more rubbish than you do 99/100.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 17 Feb 2016, 2:45 pm

Adam D wrote:

Regards
this is not acceptable behaviour so I am issuing you with a warning about your repeated behaviour.

For all of his faults, Truss comes up with interesting articles that generate debate. Like him or hate him, he will offer something for people to discuss. As far as I have seen, this is the first time I have seen the stats discussed, so is a perfectly legit topic.

Your response is not.

With the upmost due respect Ad, and I say this having recently, gratefully, come back from a ban that I do not want to revisit, this is far from the first time the same topic has essentially been posted. It is the same regurgitated rubbish, simply couched differently. Could have been handled better by tired forum posters for sure, but let's not pretend "80s HW were the greatest and nobody since will ever come close because Tony Tubbs has the fastest hands ever yada yada yada..." is exactly new! Smile

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 17 Feb 2016, 2:52 pm

Banned for stalking............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 17 Feb 2016, 2:53 pm

I didn't realise you were banned Tophat.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 17 Feb 2016, 2:53 pm

If that is the consensus view toppy if everybody who feels that way simply does not post on the thread it will move down the page extremely rapidly.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 17 Feb 2016, 2:55 pm

Rowley wrote:If that is the consensus view toppy if everybody who feels that way simply does not post on the thread it will move down the page extremely rapidly.

It's not a problem......He posts on all my threads whilst disparaging them....

Inferiority complex..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 17 Feb 2016, 3:10 pm

AdamT wrote:I didn't realise you were banned Tophat.

Truss and I both were as our bickering got out of control. I asked to come back on condition I foe'd Truss and never went after him anymore. Not sure what deal Truss made.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 17 Feb 2016, 3:13 pm

Rowley wrote:If that is the consensus view toppy if everybody who feels that way simply does not post on the thread it will move down the page extremely rapidly.

Fair point. Will step out.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 17 Feb 2016, 3:17 pm

I told them to kick me off because I wouldn't foe someone who kept following me around the board abusing me......Freedom of speech and all that..

The same reason I won't foe Coxy types...

When I went they kicked him off...for stalking...

They only let him back on after I came back.. Cool

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 17 Feb 2016, 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Wed 17 Feb 2016, 3:18 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
shenglong2015 wrote:

Childish response.

On the contrary there are too many armchair experts on this forum, people saying how Wlad could have won, and how he wont change his tactics in the rematch, but haven't laced a glove in their entire lives. So I feel its very valid.

On the back end of your insult about me and my "rubbish" I literally don't care what you think of my views and how this has any relevance other than to envoke further retaliation through more insults, which I can not be bothered with.

I'm here to talk boxing chaps. Not my fault you have all lost your way.

In addition I am not surprised at all that you have been banned recently.

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 17 Feb 2016, 3:20 pm

shenglong2015 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
shenglong2015 wrote:

Childish response.

On the contrary there are too many armchair experts on this forum, people saying how Wlad could have won, and how he wont change his tactics in the rematch, but haven't laced a glove in their entire lives. So I feel its very valid.

On the back end of your insult about me and my "rubbish" I literally don't care what you think of my views and how this has any relevance other than to envoke further retaliation through more insults, which I can not be bothered with.  

If you know he's a troll why feed him..??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Wed 17 Feb 2016, 3:21 pm

I don't agree with Toppy, I find this thread interesting and its the first time I have seen the Stats and it opens up a whole range of debate its just that no one on here sticks to boxing.

We could talk about the lack of action, how poor the fight was, how we see the rematch going, will Wlad have to up his work rate, does Fury need a new game plan now that that one has been used? etc.

I predict someone will be called "racist" soon....and that will end the thread.

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Wed 17 Feb 2016, 3:24 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
shenglong2015 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
shenglong2015 wrote:

Childish response.

If you know he's a troll why feed him..??

Dunno, your probably right Truss. Best to ignore it all.

For what its worth I can see no issue with the topic at all, it is very relevant and has potential to open up all sorts of different debates.

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next